Xbox One Does A 180 (Or 360?) No DRM, Used Game Restrictions, Region Locking, Or Internet Required.

Options

Comments

• Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    lol @joshuaboy I forgot that this meant you will finally be getting one. @Karl. too.
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only prob I got with kinect is I figure that's the reason the one is $499 & I don't wanna pay an extra $100 for some ? I don't want
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KillaCham wrote: »
    Karl. wrote: »
    If only Sony played the game. They could've made a lot more money IMO.

Maybe this may now cause the inevitable death of the true gaming industry.
    Erm...or get them more cosumers....

Less money made off games. Developers not taking risks. COD clones. Less AAA. More indie titles. More free2play. More micro transactions. Death of true gaming.
  • Broddie
    Options
    R.I.P PS4

Not quite but their road to victory is now a lot muddier than they expected it to be.
  • Karl.
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    Now we just have to figure out what to do about all them ? who coppin the PS4 and try to get online, not realizing Sony slid it in that they have to pay now.

Literally nobody is talking about that. It's like they don't know.
  • Broddie
    Options
    Now we just have to figure out what to do about all them ? who coppin the PS4 and try to get online, not realizing Sony slid it in that they have to pay now.

Until they try to go online with Killzone or something.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    lol @joshuaboy I forgot that this meant you will finally be getting one. @Karl. too.

@Karl was safe. I think the entire UK was supported (even back country Wales .... lol). Yes, since its no longer region locked, I can get it now. Smart move, since the Caribbean purchase from US dealers it was hurting American sales.
  • Broddie
    Options
    Oh I thought he was in another European region outside of the UK.
  • Karl.
    Options
    In the UK. But I would like to use it offline as well as online.
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options

Nah that wasn't the biggest argumentative point made by many posters here ... you sir are mistaken lmao
  • Broddie
    Options
    MS apologists are the real losers here.

You know what's also going to be as funny to see? all the people that were acting like MS didn't have some awesome looking exclusives lined up because they refused to buy the console at any point. Now they're going to be like "OK you know what those games didn't look as bad as I thought they did" a little over a week later.
  • Karl.
    Options
    @ing me doesn't work by the way :(
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    YES.

Now we can see Sony and Microsoft at their best.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A couple new changes as a result (per IGN via M$): "These changes will impact some of the scenarios we previously announced for Xbox One," Mattrick noted.

- There will be zero used game restrictions allowed on XBOX One, where as the PS4 is still leaving it up to the third parties.

- The sharing of games will work as it does today, you will simply share the disc. Downloaded titles cannot be shared or resold. However, in addition to being available in retail stores, Xbox One games will still be available for download on day one and will be playable on any Xbox One console.

"Since unveiling our plans for Xbox One, my team and I have heard directly from many of you, read your comments and listened to your feedback," Microsoft's Don Mattrick wrote. "I would like to take the opportunity today to thank you for your assistance in helping us to reshape the future of Xbox One. You told us how much you loved the flexibility you have today with games delivered on disc. The ability to lend, share, and resell these games at your discretion is of incredible importance to you. Also important to you is the freedom to play offline, for any length of time, anywhere in the world."

We appreciate your passion, support and willingness to challenge the assumptions of digital licensing and connectivity," Mattrick concluded. "While we believe that the majority of people will play games online and access the cloud for both games and entertainment, we will give consumers the choice of both physical and digital content. We have listened and we have heard loud and clear from your feedback that you want the best of both worlds."

• Karl.
    Options
    I'm still not 100 on which one I want to preorder though. Probably the most difficult decision of the year.
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited June 2013
    Options

Less money made off games. Developers not taking risks. COD clones. Less AAA. More indie titles. More free2play. More micro transactions. Death of true gaming.
    Less people who even purchase the system = less money possible to make. It's a gamble, and they've backed out of it. Smart move, but they should've done this BEFORE E3.
  • Broddie
    edited June 2013
    Options

I welcome the bold so so much. It's like a return to the good old days where the quality of the title is what mattered and not how expensive it was to make. I expect to see a lot more creativity from developers this gen especially the indy guys and I'm pretty happy about it. The emphasis on "AAA titles are now games that cost 100 million to make" as opposed to "AAA games are games that are of exceptional quality regardless of budget" was a big turn off for me last home console gen and a key reason why I never bought any of them & just stuck with portables.
  • ohhhla
    Options
    Xbox One made the Heat comeback from yesterday
  • blackkevblazini
    blackkevblazini Members Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Preordered like a ? .

Ya boy is back on the Xbox Stanwagon. I was gonna get it anyway if they kept the ? ass DRM policy just to play the new KI, but now this ? just makes it that much better.
  • Broddie
    edited June 2013
    Options

Nah that wasn't the biggest argumentative point made by many posters here ... your sir are mistaken lmao

It was last gen though. All you'd ever hear is "LOL you guys pay for online gaming profiles" by clueless idiots that didn't realize that paying 5 dollars a month also meant they would be getting superior servers and superior user interfaces because the money will be able to support that.

• Karl.
    Options

Less people who even purchase the system = less money possible to make. It's a gamble, and they've backed out of it. Smart move, but they should've done this BEFORE E3.

I'm saying if Sony did the same thing there wouldn't be much of a gamble IMO. People would just deal with it as usual. The thought of not being able to borrow a game from a friend is ludicrous though.

I do believe it is unfair that developers make 0 money off rentals and such though. I wonder how much of the market that takes up.
  • reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I still aint buying that ?
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »

Nah that wasn't the biggest argumentative point made by many posters here ... your sir are mistaken lmao

It was last gen though. All you'd ever hear is "LOL you guys pay for online gaming profiles" by clueless idiots that didn't realize that paying 5 dollars a month also meant they would be getting superior servers and superior user interfaces because the money will be able to support that.

Or some unpaid intern wouldn't be pushing updates that brick your console.
  • ohhhla
    Options
    I would laugh my ass off if Sony incorporate the free online ? .