Xbox One Does A 180 (Or 360?) No DRM, Used Game Restrictions, Region Locking, Or Internet Required.

Options

Comments

• Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    Karl. wrote: »
    KillaCham wrote: »
    If only Sony played the game. They could've made a lot more money IMO.

Maybe this may now cause the inevitable death of the true gaming industry.
    Erm...or get them more cosumers....

Less money made off games. Developers not taking risks. COD clones. Less AAA. More indie titles. More free2play. More micro transactions. Death of true gaming.

I welcome the bold so so much. It's like a return to the good old days where the quality of the title is what mattered and not how expensive it was to make. I expect to see a lot more creativity from developers this gen especially the indy guys and I'm pretty happy about it. The emphasis on "AAA titles are now games that cost 100 million to make" as opposed to "AAA games are games that are of exceptional quality regardless of budget" was a big turn off for me last home console gen and a key reason why I never bought any of them & just stuck with portables.

I want AAA titles that innovate and take risks. Not clones of successful action games e.g Tomb Raider.

I do love indie games. That's why I'm picking up an Ouya next week. What I'm referring to is this ? Candy Crush ? that's going round. I just don't want that invading my console so much.
  • Karl.
    Options
    Inb4 XboxWone.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ohhhla wrote: »
    I would laugh my ass off if Sony incorporate the free online ? .

wouldn't make a difference ....... majority of us already have PS+ .................. even BCotton cheap ass
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    The future was so close. Never understood why ? thought you couldn't lend your games at all. I see why M$ just said ? it.

[img]https://sphotos-a.? .fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/971385_490896970980191_332590941_n.jpg[/img]
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    focus wrote: »

- There will be zero used game restrictions allowed on XBOX One, where as the PS4 is still leaving it up to the third parties.

Oh damn that one I didn't expect. I thought they would still leave it up to the publishers. Lots of previously bitter ? about to do the humpty dance all night long once they read that.

• Broddie
    edited June 2013
    Options
    KillaCham wrote: »
    Smart move, but they should've done this BEFORE E3.

True that but it's safe to say that it's truly a case of "better late than never".

It's even arguable that if Sony had not had the trump card they used at E3 MS would've delayed this inevitable step even longer.
  • Karl.
    Options
    The future was so close. Never understood why ? thought you couldn't lend your games at all. I see why M$ just said ? it.

[img]https://sphotos-a.? .fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/971385_490896970980191_332590941_n.jpg[/img]

That ? can't be real.
  • Broddie
    edited June 2013
    Options
    young-rednecks1.jpg

Ya means we no longer have to buy the chinese atari to play some pac man? we could support out fellow 'muricans again? YEEEEHAWWW!!!
  • Broddie
    Options
    tumblr_m727m8Ubb31roun4c.gif

^ KOA once he hears this news.
  • Broddie
    Options
    Just came back from GAF

mattrick_don_0.jpg

? just got real

• John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »

Nah that wasn't the biggest argumentative point made by many posters here ... your sir are mistaken lmao

It was last gen though. All you'd ever hear is "LOL you guys pay for online gaming profiles" by clueless idiots that didn't realize that paying 5 dollars a month also meant they would be getting superior servers and superior user interfaces because the money will be able to support that.

The company I worked for Sony was our client when they got hacked lol..glad they smarted up. It takes resources to ensure you infrastructure is top notch and secure.
  • focus
    Options

That ? can't be real.

Its not anymore. Previously, you could share your entire digitial game library with any 10 people you wanted. It didn't even matter if it was purchased in a store because all the games had to be installed anyway and put on the cloud. M$ said this repeatedly, but ? wasnt trying to hear it so now its gone. Now we are back to physical disk that can only be shared with one person, in person.
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well that's encouraging news. I'm glad don mattrick and company realized how stupid that policy was. Not so much the used drm but the always online 24 hr connection. So its good they listened. Now the Xb1 is back on my purchasing list. Their exclusives are crazy. I can now enjoy ryse, titanfall, dead rising 3, and KI offline
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So before today we were all like "only broke ? mad about this, I can buy my own games" ......... now its "I can't share my game with my ten friends anymore"?

Stop keeping broke friends, let them buy their own games just like you. They probably holding you back anyway.
  • rabbitfood
    rabbitfood Members Posts: 486 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The only thing stopping me from copping one is Kinect. I don't want it in my home at all.
  • Karl.
    Options

That ? can't be real.

Its not anymore. Previously, you could share your entire digitial game library with any 10 people you wanted. It didn't even matter if it was purchased in a store because all the games had to be installed anyway and put on the cloud. M$ said this repeatedly, but ? wasnt trying to hear it so now its gone. Now we are back to physical disk that can only be shared with one person, in person.

Wow. The Sony stans really ? the game up.

Microsoft didn't really make ? clear enough, clearly.
  • focus
    Options
    Ounceman wrote: »
    Well that's encouraging news. I'm glad don mattrick and company realized how stupid that policy was. Not so much the used drm but the always online 24 hr connection. So its good they listened. Now the Xb1 is back on my purchasing list. Their exclusives are crazy. I can now enjoy ryse, titanfall, dead rising 3, and KI offline

*sighs*...yea, they were the "stupid" ones. *SMH*

I can't even blame M$.
  • Karl.
    Options
    Lol @ M$ getting trolled into changing their gameplan though.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i wonder what cliffy b is thinking now lmao
  • Karl.
    Options
    Who would've known. Focus been talking sense all along.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    So before today we were all like "only broke ? mad about this, I can buy my own games" ......... now its "I can't share my game with my ten friends anymore"?

Stop keeping broke friends, let them buy their own games just like you. They probably holding you back anyway.
    Exactly now these fanboys admit how much of a bad idea it was. Too late though as their reputation is tarnished forever and mos people are already against the X1.
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    word non of my homies borrow games ... if you want a game ? you better buy your own... digital sharing would be cool but I aint lending no disc out PERIOD
  • Broddie
    Options
    Who would've known. Focus been talking sense all along.

I thought I was the only one who was noticing that all along. Good to see you guys see it more clearly now too.