HTTR : The Official 2013/2014 Washington Redskins Thread

Options

Comments

• coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As I expect to place that classic batman pic another 7-8 times this season.
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Good:
    Jordan Reed dude just continues to go out there and make plays. Shame the offense went away from him in the 2nd half.

DHall people love to ? on him but he held Dez to a modest game (for Dez standards) not to mention made a TD saving play that wasn't his responsiblilty.

Physically Griff starting to come around to his normal self.

Defense played decent. Box score would suggest different but they got some raw deals to special team blunders and turnovers.

Bad:

Special Teams. They just was flat out garbage. Nothing else to say. Terrible.

Penalties. Been killing us all year and continued to ? us tonight.

Interior o-line play. Monty, Chester and Licht got their ? handed to them all night. Trent balled like always. And Polumbus actually played decent.

The power struggle in offensive play calling. I peeped What seems to be a Mike vs Kyle dynamic with playcalling. Kyle was really pushing for the up tempo style we were running on the first series and drive before half all game. I think Mike wants more of the run run pa pass attack. But idk I could be looking to hard into it *shrugs*

The slight I would have with Griff tonight was that he held the ball too long on a few plays leading to errant passes due to the rush or the fumble. He had to get better at either throwing it away or checking down the ball if need be.

Clock management. That falls on Mike, Kyle and Rob. That drive before half had way to many errors.

Conclusion:

All in all we got outplayed simple as that. A lot of self inflicted errors also but they outplayed us. I feel if we incorporate more uptempo and cutout the undisciplined play we can finish this season respectable. If not, then ? .

Still not gonna throw dirt on em quite yet. Got a ways to go though.
  • moyo
    moyo Members Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We have no speed @ wr, y do u think RG held the ball so long on those plays. Carr blanketed Garçon, Morgan is gah-bage, Santana is too old, & the one speed receiver we have we didn't play him(Robinson.) our O-line is ? , we're not consistent enough wit the run game, man ? our special teams, jus a frustrating night all the way around.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Both of u pretty much summed it up. Thanks for not making me type that bs.
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That romo TD was ridiculous
  • BDBIID
    Options
    moyo wrote: »
    We have no speed @ wr, y do u think RG held the ball so long on those plays. Carr blanketed Garçon, Morgan is gah-bage, Santana is too old, & the one speed receiver we have we didn't play him(Robinson.) our O-line is ? , we're not consistent enough wit the run game, man ? our special teams, jus a frustrating night all the way around.

Oh I agree w/ you. Receivers been a huge letdown this season no doubt. I was just referring to a few plays in particular. The fumble he could've checked it down to Reed and on one of the sacks he had time to throw it away but didn't. But he'll get more sharp with those decisions w/ time. At the end of the day he's still a 2nd year guy. It'll get fixed.
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rg3 getting his elusiveness back; but the receivers have to get open..are pass rushers need some counter moves..good qbs can sense the outside speed rush and just step up in the pocket..if orakpo would just spin, swim, fake out then come in he would have caused a lot of problems for romo
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so we not gon talk about the ? offensive play calling

or RG3 being inaccurate?

how long before cats start talking about putting Kirk Cousins out there?

cause we know the Shanahans ain't gon take credit for leaving RG3 in the pocket with so many plays where it was obviously he could just run

the playcalling is way too damn predictable IMO
  • Stew
    Options
    so we not gon talk about the ? offensive play calling

or RG3 being inaccurate?

how long before cats start talking about putting Kirk Cousins out there?

cause we know the Shanahans ain't gon take credit for leaving RG3 in the pocket with so many plays where it was obviously he could just run

the playcalling is way too damn predictable IMO

Word and our young "up and coming" WR's cant get open for ? which is why Garcon gets 80% of the targets. People have already been callin for Cousins, which is ? imo. Kyle has to get this ? movin quick or him and his pops are gonna be on the choppin block. Going to hold off on Haslett since the D has been playin decent the last couple games.

Chicago is a winnable game, they just have to get this ? together on all 3 phases.
  • moyo
    Options
    RG hasn't been the most accurate but @ the same time the only receivers gettin open is Jordan Reed and Garçon. & garçon was blanketed by Brandon Carr last week, and will probably be covered by Peanut Tillman this week. Hankerson is slow & can't create seperation, Moss is old but CAN be effective n the slot if we use him like last year, Robinson is the only speed receiver but I think Shanny & son lost confidence in him after he dropped the rock against Detroit. @blakfyahking ur right the play callin has been horrendous, but the shaky interior of the o-line is killin the execution. Ita righteously the same play callin from last year.
  • moyo
    Options
    & what the hell happened to Chris Thompson??? He was the Startin return man to open the season, & now we got slow ass Josh Morgan returning kicks, that's a no bueno fa sho. Our special teams coverage better tighten up as well, Cuz D. Hester can and will beat us by himself in the return game Sunday if they play like they did against Dallas.
  • Stew
    Options
    Not sure what the ? happened to the oline. I thought they played well the first few weeks, that ? last week was disturbing to watch and Dallas dline aint that strong. Silverback is top 5 tho.
  • BDBIID
    Options
    Not sure what the ? happened to the oline. I thought they played well the first few weeks, that ? last week was disturbing to watch and Dallas dline aint that strong. Silverback is top 5 tho.

Yeah Silverback brings it every week. It's never expected that Tyler Polumbus has the second best game on the line over Monty, Licht and Chester and that's what happened against Dallas.
  • moyo
    Options
    Our special teams is givin me high blood pressure. I also threw a chair threw my damn wall n the den in my house. Smh
  • BDBIID
    Options
    Our special teams is givin me high blood pressure. I also threw a chair threw my damn wall n the den in my house. Smh

Bruh if I saw Keith Burns I'd tell him square up. No ? lol.
  • moyo
    Options
  • moyo
    Options
    Win was ugly, but I'll damn sho take it!!!
  • moyo
    Options
    When does Bacarri get off IR, cuz Merriweather has got to go!!! That undisciplined helmet to helmet ? has got me at my wit' s end. Smh
  • BDBIID
    Options
    When does Bacarri get off IR, cuz Merriweather has got to go!!! That undisciplined helmet to helmet ? has got me at my wit' s end. Smh

Sad ? is Rambo ain't even on IR. He's been a healthy scratch. Word around the park is Haz threw him under the bus when the D was all time awful the first couple games to save his self.

Obviously he isn't the issue. It was a sum of parts just like it still is. And Just like the Fred Davis situation. Redskins politics smh.
  • moyo
    Options
  • Ibex
    Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RG3 is pretty much looking like his old self health wise but I'm not seeing the progression in decision making on some of his throws. That touchdown to Aldrick was a ? throw that should have easily been intercepted, luckily the defender fell down. I'd also like to see more of a duel threat at running back, Morris can carry the load but Helu should be used more than just to spell Morris or as a 3rd down back, he should get at least 8-10 carries per game.
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

c/s..dude get the same penalty at least once a game and that ? leads to points..most the time the receiver wasn't catching the ball anyway..we need a ball hawk back there..not some dude that just want to give ? concussions
  • moyo
    Options

c/s..dude get the same penalty at least once a game and that ? leads to points..most the time the receiver wasn't catching the ball anyway..we need a ball hawk back there..not some dude that just want to give ? concussions
    Co- ? sign!!! Case in point yesterday. The play he hit Brandon Marshall, Josh Wilson had already made the play when he did that ? . It was 2nd and goal on the 22 & that ? gave em a 1st n goal on the 7. Next play TD to Bennett!!! It's ridiculous cuz for every one or two cats he knocks out it's another 5 times he either gets a penalty or either the guy absorbs the blow and keeps truckin like Alshon Jeffrey did or worse he completely whiffs all together like he did a few weeks back against Megatron when we played Detroit. Smh
  • Stew
    Options
    He's likely to get suspended for 1-2 games Adam Schefter reported today for the hits. Hopefully they appeal it so he can play against Denver. ? help us if we have to play a rookie Safety against Peyton.
  • Stew
    Options
    And there it is. NFL just handed down 2 games smh