The Official Post Your Music Thread *****New Rules Inside****

Options

Comments

• GreenHatNicca
    GreenHatNicca Members Posts: 13
    Options
    For those that don't know me and for the OG members on this board this HarlemAceDeuce from back in the day.alot of y'all may remember me from when I was young on here making beats tryna get in the industry.

Ever since I left the forum in 2008 I got in the industry working with some big names.i stopped producing and went the songwriting route.I have a few placements mostly for tv shows.because of that I've been asked to go the artist route so that's what I'm currently doing.so for anyone that has questions about how to get into the tv/film side of things or if you're in nyc, the tri state area and Atlanta and want to link up for collabos or anything else music related, feel free to hit me up.I just signed up so I can't make a thread but u can reach me in this thread and via PM.y'all keep doing ya thing with the music
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Options
    dj pre-k wrote: »
    since tha chain been broken ima post this again

feedback?

What's going on man I like this joint.it's something different.a laid back smooth joint with a message.Ima add you to my soundcloud and check out some more of your stuff.

These are two tracks I did.they both are getting internet radio play at the moment

Listen to B.B.S.(Bottle Girls Bartenders And Strippers) by AceDeuce #np on #SoundCloud

This track is getting some spins in atl on myatlantaradio.com so for those who listen to that station on your phone apps feel free to call up n request it

Listen to Mystery Lady Hip Hop Version by AceDeuce #np on #SoundCloud

This track right here is getting spins on a few online radio stations.I'm gonna do a video for this soon

For those that don't know me and for the OG members on this board this HarlemAceDeuce from back in the day.alot of y'all may remember me from when I was young on here making beats tryna get in the industry.

Ever since I left the forum in 2008 I got in the industry working with some big names.i stopped producing and went the songwriting route.I have a few placements mostly for tv shows.because of that I've been asked to go the artist route so that's what I'm currently doing.so for anyone that has questions about how to get into the tv/film side of things or if you're in nyc, the tri state area and Atlanta and want to link up for collabos or anything else music related, feel free to hit me up.I just signed up so I can't make a thread but u can reach me in this thread and via PM.y'all keep doing ya thing with the music

@GreenHatNicca What's good?I'm an artist from ATL,by way of Detroit who's staying in New York for a minute grinding.I already did an indie film and I'm trying to get into writing and what you're doing.Holler at me.I'm in Queens right now.

The 1st song is a cool strip club song.I like the 2nd song better.Hook is real strong.

This is my newest Vlog and the flyer for a show I'm doing in Astoria with the dude Yazz,Hakeem from Empire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDUJUQgUk84

• dj pre-k
    dj pre-k Members Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Options
    definitely keep up with tha vlog, but get more personal with it, people dont wanna see nuthin but promos, fans wanna be involved

heres my new video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vM8hBn9UEk
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Me and the homies been working in the studio. Dedicated to Freddie Gray and those in the struggle...ya boy on the hook and outro.

AE - Lifeline (? . Zon Dean)
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options
    dj pre-k wrote: »
    definitely keep up with tha vlog, but get more personal with it, people dont wanna see nuthin but promos, fans wanna be involved

heres my new video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vM8hBn9UEk

I like the concept and you rode the beat right. I think its a little sharp and could be mixed down some more. Might benefit for some effects to soften the lead some. The hook is on point and the video is cool. What kind of camera do you use?
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Me and the homies been working in the studio. Dedicated to Freddie Gray and those in the struggle...ya boy on the hook and outro.

Your composer needs to give his instruments and sounds more punch. More presence. The melody and harmony to it are cool, but I ain't feeling it like I'm suppose to.Tinkering with frequencies, reverb, compression, and the usual mixing stuff has helped me a lot. Maybe change the lead synth to a lower note or less whiny instrument. I was bad with them things and just left it alone to tell the truth. They can be complex as ? with how you can tweak them. Once you learn them though they're badass as the pro's have shown us for years.

Turn the snare up, way up. Your listener needs to hear it enough to catch the rhythm of the song as you intend it. It's like a tool for hypnosis and needs to be heard at all times as needed. Hi hats sound bottomish, like they're below everything and on their own... if that makes sense. I like to have them fuller, more surround like, but in the middle of everything. Not panning wise necessarily, just not too low and not too high in the mix of the song.

Y'alls raps were straight. I think I heard a difference in the second guys verse with the sound, maybe he was further away from the mic than the first guy. Rapped too low, on different mics, I don't know... but they don't sound consistent sonically for some reason. That autotune at the end wasn't mixed in right while you talking with it. At one part I can hear you, but not the autotune. Then I hear the autotune and not you. My preference would of been to have the autotune take the back seat.

I'm just saying what I would of done. I'm sure somebody more competent will correct me where I'm wrong. Sidenote, didn't know soundcloud songs could be posted in here like that.
  • kzzl
    Options
    I ? with the vocals as mentioned earlier. Made them louder, less FX I think. Used a preloaded patch the program has for it, hope it was enough. Still recorded with the phone. Sounded better than last time I think, but I'm way too close to the song now. Need other peoples ears for what I ain't catching.

• Arya Tsaddiq
    Options
    I
    kzzl wrote: »

Your composer needs to give his instruments and sounds more punch. More presence. The melody and harmony to it are cool, but I ain't feeling it like I'm suppose to.Tinkering with frequencies, reverb, compression, and the usual mixing stuff has helped me a lot. Maybe change the lead synth to a lower note or less whiny instrument. I was bad with them things and just left it alone to tell the truth. They can be complex as ? with how you can tweak them. Once you learn them though they're badass as the pro's have shown us for years.

Turn the snare up, way up. Your listener needs to hear it enough to catch the rhythm of the song as you intend it. It's like a tool for hypnosis and needs to be heard at all times as needed. Hi hats sound bottomish, like they're below everything and on their own... if that makes sense. I like to have them fuller, more surround like, but in the middle of everything. Not panning wise necessarily, just not too low and not too high in the mix of the song.

Y'alls raps were straight. I think I heard a difference in the second guys verse with the sound, maybe he was further away from the mic than the first guy. Rapped too low, on different mics, I don't know... but they don't sound consistent sonically for some reason. That autotune at the end wasn't mixed in right while you talking with it. At one part I can hear you, but not the autotune. Then I hear the autotune and not you. My preference would of been to have the autotune take the back seat.

I'm just saying what I would of done. I'm sure somebody more competent will correct me where I'm wrong. Sidenote, didn't know soundcloud songs could be posted in here like that.

Good looking. I know it needs some work but I posted it expecting criticism. I'm on the hook and outro and the the first dude also mix and masters the songs with me helping. He does most of it but I help out when I can be in the studio. We ate new to the process and using studio one. Heard there are better programs but we are gonna get it all the way right.
  • Cigarello Slim
    Cigarello Slim Members Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I ? with the vocals as mentioned earlier. Made them louder, less FX I think. Used a preloaded patch the program has for it, hope it was enough. Still recorded with the phone. Sounded better than last time I think, but I'm way too close to the song now. Need other peoples ears for what I ain't catching.

this one was smooth my only problem was the vocals but i saw what you mentioned about that in your post. this had an old school feel i like flow, i was diggin' the words too. once you get the vocals situated you'll be straight i'm in the same boat.

so i'm tryna step my quality up as mentioned before recorded at a new spot, let me know what yall think of this tape. it's 12 joints 1 freestyle everything else is original, peace.

(Dat Piff)
    Stream & Download @ http://DatPiff.com
    http://piff.me/3476b1d

(Sound Cloud)
    --- Mixtape Links
  • GunTown
    GunTown Members Posts: 3,489
    Options
    Never heard even 1 half decent song from an IC rapper

Every IC rapper rapper does the rappity rap thing it's not always they they particulrly want to it's that they can't write songs or be artists to save their life

Lol @ any IC rapper thinking he will blow up and be succesful
  • Cigarello Slim
    Cigarello Slim Members Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Options
    GunTown wrote: »
    Never heard even 1 half decent song from an IC rapper

Every IC rapper rapper does the rappity rap thing it's not always they they particulrly want to it's that they can't write songs or be artists to save their life

Thanks for the pointless critiquing my G, do me a few favors next time before you criticize our music. Firstly learn how to spell and lastly if you feel its wack give an opinion on how they can improve instead of hating for a reaction, not everyone is trying to make it, some do it for the love.
  • kzzl
    edited June 2015
    Options

(Dat Piff)

(Sound Cloud)
    --- Mixtape Links

The first track "Long Time Coming", ? ain't much to say really. Only thing I'd change is taking that delay out the verse or reducing it. Or is that just a layered vocal. Perhaps reducing it's volume. Whatever technique it is, it's distracting from the main vocal. I know Bun B uses the same thing in a lot of his songs, so it can work, but with your song it's too... too... imposing, yeah that's the word. Imposing on the main vocal instead of just being further in the background.. I like it when it's more subtle and in sync. Not that yours was out of sync, but when tweaking it thats something your gotta keep an eye on.

Yo, I like that "Back Again" track. Man, if you could get some fly singing females to do that chorus, ? that ? out, that would be a great look for it.

Here's my next. Tried some different ? , by doing a little change up in the beat during the second verse. Brief, but complex trying to keep things together and add some style to the song. Hope I succeeded.

• loch121
    edited June 2015
    Options

(Dat Piff)

(Sound Cloud)
    --- Mixtape Links

The first track "Long Time Coming", ? ain't much to say really. Only thing I'd change is taking that delay out the verse or reducing it. Or is that just a layered vocal. Perhaps reducing it's volume. Whatever technique it is, it's distracting from the main vocal. I know Bun B uses the same thing in a lot of his songs, so it can work, but with your song it's too... too... imposing, yeah that's the word. Imposing on the main vocal instead of just being further in the background.. I like it when it's more subtle and in sync. Not that yours was out of sync, but when tweaking it thats something your gotta keep an eye on.

Yo, I like that "Back Again" track. Man, if you could get some fly singing females to do that chorus, ? that ? out, that would be a great look for it.

Here's my next. Tried some different ? , by doing a little change up in the beat during the second verse. Brief, but complex trying to keep things together and add some style to the song. Hope I succeeded.

This reminds me of the dude who used to sing with Smooth The hustler and Lord have Mercy.Almost sounds like a ? spiritual .I like the originality.

What was your point and WTF is an IC rapper?Why are you here?You do music?if so where yo ? at.?

Why would a person be making music they don't want to?

There are and is ppl who have been in the IC who went on to make moves.Anyway......

If anybody is in the tristate I got a show coming up with Kidd Kidd and Choppa from Money and Violence for the XXL Freshmen after party.the RSVP link is in the caption.Also, here's some show footage from another show.Follow me on IG ppl.

https://youtu.be/mFmwj7PdMFQ

• loch121
    Options
  • loch121
    Options
  • loch121
    Options
  • el_bandido
    el_bandido Members Posts: 115 ✭✭
    Options
    loch121 wrote: »
    This is the song we did with Sean Price https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9F_blDTV0I

your joint reminds me of some classic newyork bully ? and i love it bruh!....straight raw and gritty rhymes "The ? i like will make you stab a ? with a ? knife!" HARD! I do wanna hear yall on some more diverse production though.

Heres my Remix to Meek Mills - "Check"
  • kzzl
    Options
    loch121 wrote: »

If anything, I'd go with darker beats for content like this. I'm thinking something with a vibe like Master P with "Fright Night". Other than that, ain't ? I can tell you. You performed well on this.

• French-Bad-Boy
    French-Bad-Boy Members Posts: 285 ✭✭
    Options
    Hey, I like this Hip-Hop / Rock beat. The drums are very cool. I can't say ? on your lyrics because I'm french (sorry about that) but your flow is sick. I like your lil singing part. The whole atmosphere is cool. Maybe try to make a better recording for the next time (about the voice quality) and it will be perfect.

Here is my song, it's a DJ Mustard type beat. Tell me what you think about it:

• dj pre-k
    dj pre-k Members Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i fuxx wit it, piano is dope wit tha switch ups, if you need somebody to rap over it lemme kno!

heres mylatest

• French-Bad-Boy
    French-Bad-Boy Members Posts: 285 ✭✭
    Options
    Nice record. I love your flow, it's very catchy. I really dig it. Maybe with a better compression on your vocals the track will be perfect. Nice job.
    Check your PM, I sent you a message about the last beat. ;)

And here is my new beat. A chill one:
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not mine but my homies

I vwrae over Aloe Blacks I Need Dollars beat... Wgat yall think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCuS06qQ7qw&feature=youtu.be
  • JTeezyMOB
    JTeezyMOB Members Posts: 12
    edited August 2015
    Options
    The almighty dollar! That's all it's about out here homie. I rock with the flow. Since you went semi-political, I'm gonna do the same.. Check me out.

TheGOAT wrote: »
    Not mine but my homies

TheGOAT wrote: »
    Not mine but my homies

• kzzl
    Options
    Nice record. I love your flow, it's very catchy. I really dig it. Maybe with a better compression on your vocals the track will be perfect. Nice job.
    Check your PM, I sent you a message about the last beat. ;)

And here is my new beat. A chill one:

When I was showcasing beats I would try to keep it short if the song didn't have any change ups or progression, I figured it made browsing my ? easier. With this, you've pretty much heard the whole song after the one minute mark. With that being said, maybe some change ups and progression would compliment the song. Not that you should, most east coast songs don't, but stuff like that gives a beat more character and can help with the impact of lyrics.

This discussion has been closed.