The Official Post Your Music Thread *****New Rules Inside****

Options

Comments

• f.e.d.s.
    f.e.d.s. Members Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought I posted these earlier today, but itz cool. Here are a couple tracks off my upcoming project.

"In Ya Lane"

"So U Know (I'm Cold)" featuring Phe McWright

"Softer Than Charmin" featuring B.I.G. D.I.G.

• dj pre-k
    dj pre-k Members Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    read tha rules
  • f.e.d.s.
    Options
    dj pre-k wrote: »
    read tha rules

aw ok...my bad man. I didn't read the first page lol and my firstborn was born premmie yesterday, so I was just trying to post something on here and see if it got a reaction b4 I release the project. Let me take a listen to some of the tracks real quick & I'll leave a comment.

P.S. I host an internet radio show that focuses on artists who aren't getting the shine they deserve. If you guys think you got something that's pretty decent, let me know and I'll see if I can put you in the rotation
  • f.e.d.s.
    Options
    JTeezyMOB wrote: »
    The almighty dollar! That's all it's about out here homie. I rock with the flow. Since you went semi-political, I'm gonna do the same.. Check me out.

I rocks with it...a song with a message that I can relate to
  • SELASI_i
    SELASI_i Members Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kzzl wrote: »
    Nice record. I love your flow, it's very catchy. I really dig it. Maybe with a better compression on your vocals the track will be perfect. Nice job.
    Check your PM, I sent you a message about the last beat. ;)

And here is my new beat. A chill one:

When I was showcasing beats I would try to keep it short if the song didn't have any change ups or progression, I figured it made browsing my ? easier. With this, you've pretty much heard the whole song after the one minute mark. With that being said, maybe some change ups and progression would compliment the song. Not that you should, most east coast songs don't, but stuff like that gives a beat more character and can help with the impact of lyrics.

this puts me in that screwed up click state of mind. I like the vibe and it's on point for riding on some cool ? .
  • SELASI_i
    Options
    f.e.d.s. wrote: »
    I thought I posted these earlier today, but itz cool. Here are a couple tracks off my upcoming project.

"In Ya Lane"

"So U Know (I'm Cold)" featuring Phe McWright

"Softer Than Charmin" featuring B.I.G. D.I.G.

on that i'm cold yall gettin off lyrically I can tell that u nd ya mans focus on ya bars and it's laid over the beat perfect. stay n ya lane is dope, good for riding out to.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kzzl wrote: »
    Nice record. I love your flow, it's very catchy. I really dig it. Maybe with a better compression on your vocals the track will be perfect. Nice job.
    Check your PM, I sent you a message about the last beat. ;)

And here is my new beat. A chill one:

When I was showcasing beats I would try to keep it short if the song didn't have any change ups or progression, I figured it made browsing my ? easier. With this, you've pretty much heard the whole song after the one minute mark. With that being said, maybe some change ups and progression would compliment the song. Not that you should, most east coast songs don't, but stuff like that gives a beat more character and can help with the impact of lyrics.

seems like it could be catchy, but you'll be doin urself a disservice if u aint get this mixed/eq'd and/or prolly an new mic. unless thats just how u wanted it
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm going to be brutally honest;

I checked out about 4 or 5 tracks on page 9 of this thread. I'm hearing too much bass and not enough substance. It seems like you guys think a lot of bass is enough to carry a track. You gotta remember, everybody doesn't have 18 inch woofers.

How would the song sound on a clock radio?

I have a lil boom box in my living room that I use to listen to the radio. And just so you know, the radio stations in Philadelphia are fire. I have no complaints about what they play. I also have a clock radio in my bedroom that I listen to sometimes.

Some of you guys music would sound completely empty, meaning there wouldn't be any sound if you played it on a radio that didn't have a sub woofer.

Something to think about.
  • FlyFreeCt
    FlyFreeCt Members Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SELASI_i wrote: »

Feeling the content on the "Dreams" track, and your flow overall is solid. Keep it pushing man.....

This is just something I threw on youtube today before I release all my new material. Spittin over Mobb Deep's Quiet Storm. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jt0lV8Gc7o&feature=youtu.be
  • French-Bad-Boy
    French-Bad-Boy Members Posts: 285 ✭✭
    Options
    Hey! I listened 2 of your songs.

Dreams: The beat is good, the vocals mix sounds pretty nice too. Unfortunately too short.

Exhibit K.C: On this one, the beat is heavy, very good choice. The vocals mix is still good, you got a good vibe on it. It sounds professional for me. It's definitely my favorite one from you. Very good job on this one. ;)

So, here is my last beat. Tell me what you all think about it. Thank you!
  • SELASI_i
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Hey! I listened 2 of your songs.

Dreams: The beat is good, the vocals mix sounds pretty nice too. Unfortunately too short.

Exhibit K.C: On this one, the beat is heavy, very good choice. The vocals mix is still good, you got a good vibe on it. It sounds professional for me. It's definitely my favorite one from you. Very good job on this one. ;)

So, here is my last beat. Tell me what you all think about it. Thank you!

I can rock with this beat, personally not what i'd gravitate to artistically but musically i'd listen to it especially if somebody laced it right with the lyrics. it gives me that street bang bang type vibe, production wise you are on point.

about that dreams track that I did, that was just a snippet of my verse, I did that song with two other artists that I lost contact with.
  • SELASI_i
    Options
    FlyFreeCt wrote: »

Feeling the content on the "Dreams" track, and your flow overall is solid. Keep it pushing man.....

This is just something I threw on youtube today before I release all my new material. Spittin over Mobb Deep's Quiet Storm. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jt0lV8Gc7o&feature=youtu.be

I really do like that back to basics track, you was throwing some darts on there, it's structured right and that beat is always gonna do justice. it's mixed clear and I even liked the visuals in the studio just showing the process.

the try track, I do like the concept and the lyrics but the techno style beat isn't so much my vibe, now I do know some people do have a strong appreciation for that sound, me personally not my style of music. I see what you doing on it though and I know the song is geared towards the ladies.
  • FlyFreeCt
    FlyFreeCt Members Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I really do like that back to basics track, you was throwing some darts on there, it's structured right and that beat is always gonna do justice. it's mixed clear and I even liked the visuals in the studio just showing the process.

the try track, I do like the concept and the lyrics but the techno style beat isn't so much my vibe, now I do know some people do have a strong appreciation for that sound, me personally not my style of music. I see what you doing on it though and I know the song is geared towards the ladies.

Yea the "Try" track was definitely for a change of pace/sound, it's not my style either lol. Just to show the crossover ability. Having Robin S. on the track it was only right to go that route. She's a house legend so it fit the mold. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps2Jc28tQrw&list=RDPs2Jc28tQrw
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options

Yea the "Try" track was definitely for a change of pace/sound, it's not my style either lol. Just to show the crossover ability. Having Robin S. on the track it was only right to go that route. She's a house legend so it fit the mold. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps2Jc28tQrw&list=RDPs2Jc28tQrw

I like the Mobb Deep freestyle joint.Didn't get to peep all the joints,but you got flows for sure.
    This is a new song I dropped called Random Rant
    https://youtu.be/o6V3_TbdLZ0
  • KINGTRILL
    KINGTRILL Members Posts: 5
    Options
    Damn I really ? with your song the beat is dope and ur flow fits great with it. Got a lil 90s vibe to it IMO. Good message too !

Im a 16 year old rapper from Germany and this is my Drill Time Remix hope yall like it !
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SB-gDSm0dTk
  • YoungRider
    YoungRider Members Posts: 61 ✭✭
    Options
    KINGTRILL wrote: »
    Damn I really ? with your song the beat is dope and ur flow fits great with it. Got a lil 90s vibe to it IMO. Good message too !

Im a 16 year old rapper from Germany and this is my Drill Time Remix hope yall like it !

Ain't really a big fan of the drill sound but I think it would sound better with just your voice and no effects but keep grinding lil homie and find your own distinct sound.

http://youtu.be/1iu80ygituU

Check me out y'all posted just the song a while back this the video
  • Swagger Vance
    Swagger Vance Members Posts: 4
    Options
    YoungRider wrote: »
    KINGTRILL wrote: »

Ain't really a big fan of the drill sound but I think it would sound better with just your voice and no effects but keep grinding lil homie and find your own distinct sound.

http://youtu.be/1iu80ygituU

Check me out y'all posted just the song a while back this the video

Damn video looks legit man, wouldn't look out of place if it was by any random mixtape rapper that's semi-famous and honestly the song is just as good as what a lot of them put out as well. Dope ? man Ill check for your ish.

Here's my ish though, not as much gangster ish as what Ive heard on here but still piff.

• 5 Grand
    Options

• qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »

seem's like you and swag v would make a good combo
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it's been a min but i'm back here ya'll go
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    @5 Grand please review the previous song that was posted.
  • illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This my nephew Eric King's new video. Not my cup of tea but some of yall might like it. Let me know what yall think.

https://youtu.be/nXhTc9ZDcGE

• 5 Grand
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    @5 Grand please review the previous song that was posted.

If you're talking about Qawshun's track, Love, I listened to it a few times last night and this morning with the volume low, but now its a little bit later in the day so I can crank the volume.

The first thing that struck me is that it starts immediately. I hate songs that have a slow build up and take a full minute to start, by the time the song starts you've lost interest. So thats a plus.

I like the sampling, I can't tell if its a bunch of samples thrown together from different records or if its all from the same record. I like the all around vibe, compared to most of the stuff that gets posted on the IC, this song is a breath of fresh air. Also, it has a decent amount of bass but not too much. The song has melody and harmony whereas a lot of songs nowadays rely on deep 808 bass and not much else.

I like the lyrics, although realistically I don't think this song would appeal to the masses because its too deep. There's too much substance. It would make a good album cut though.

I'd be interested in hearing what else Qawshun has to offer.
  • 5 Grand
    Options

This discussion has been closed.