Real Talk E-40>KRS One

Options

Comments

• D.Original
    D.Original Members Posts: 734 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KRS got four undeniable classics Criminal Minded, By any Means Necessary, Return of the Boom Bap, KRS-ONE. E40 got one arguable classic w In a Major Way. and 40 is only relevant today bc of that garbage ass club ? he makes. I havent heard a dope track from him in 10+ years...? next thing people gona say snoop is better than rakim
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    KRS isnt all that dope yall make him out to be. I mean his good but on a Biggie, prime Jay, Nas, Kool G Rap for examples. Nowhere is he seeing them ?

Fair enough but it's not about that for real it's simply about E-40 vs KRS that's it. Whether KRS is nicer than G Rap can be debated but I'm not seeing anyone debate that hes NOT nicer than 40. I'm not even seeing people say 40 is nice, folks just emoting all over KRS.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oceanic wrote: »
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    this relevancy ? is hilarious and biased as ? ... because none of y'all can operationalize or measure it accurately and objectively...

Yes you can

On March 24, "Function" reached #62 on the U.S. Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart, before the album was released.[8] "Function" has also peaked at #42 on the Billboard Rap chart. It debuted on the Billboard Bubbling Under Hot 100 Singles chart at #22 on May 13, 2012.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Function_(song)

Show and prove for KRS.

I just saw a NORE video on 106 & Park a few weeks ago I ain't never seen Rakim on there so obviously NORE >> Rakim right?
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    im still waitng for someone to give SPECIFICS on what makes krs so dope and unable to be criticized when he done made a living out of criticizing people judge.. who the ? is he to do that yet be above reproach? dude aint changed is flow in DECADES.. 40 wins by default on that ? alone. krs with them basic ass couplets lol
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    off topic but am i the only one having probs with the post comment box. I can't insert any pics or any other code.
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? . *Glad that Kane is so irrelevant, they don't put him on blast*
  • judahxulu
    Options
    ohhhla wrote: »
    ? . *Glad that Kane is so irrelevant, they don't put him on blast*

kane >>>> krs... but ewwwwww for ? wit mister cee. that ? HAD to know lol
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    judahxulu wrote: »
    im still waitng for someone to give SPECIFICS on what makes krs so dope and unable to be criticized when he done made a living out of criticizing people judge.. who the ? is he to do that yet be above reproach? dude aint changed is flow in DECADES.. 40 wins by default on that ? alone. krs with them basic ass couplets lol

krs rocks a different flow on damn near every joint off his first 10 albums.

oh please do tell us about a time E-40 ever changed his flow.

now in terms of being beyond criticism... there's a lot to criticize about with krs one or any other artist... that's not what the problem is. the problem is you being so blinded by emotions that you say ? like the above bolded and really think it's true even though today isn't opposite day.
  • judahxulu
    Options

krs rocks a different flow on damn near every joint off his first 10 albums.

oh please do tell us about a time E-40 ever changed his flow.

now in terms of being beyond criticism... there's a lot to criticize about with krs one or any other artist... that's not what the problem is. the problem is you being so blinded by emotions that you say ? like the above bolded and really think it's true even though today isn't opposite day.

shut that simple minded ? up ... how am i blinded by emotions, ? ? this is a ? thread asking opinions.. you are blinded by emotions ? . aint no "hip -hop savior" gonna take the role of your absent father so just stop it, b.... krs aint gonna see this ? and adopt you, g. ? ass unrealistic young ? ... you cant shut me down because you accuse me of having "feelings".. a mufucka who lives life with no feelings is called a sociopath. foh, b.. you ? been mediocre on the reason for too long. u new ? are not aware of my rep for flaming mufuckas up..but you gone learn today!!!!
  • judahxulu
    Options
    post a krs one lyric that changed your life for the better....
  • judahxulu
    Options
    no ? the exact ? lyric and coherently explain its practical application
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    Options
    U didn't define relevance... Or prove how billboard is an accurate measure of it... So yeah...

First, let's define MC:
    Rakim wrote: »
    MC means move the crowd

So following from this definition, if you, as an MC, are able to move more crowds than the next man, you're greater than he is. E-40's relevancy with today's youth and longevity over an extended period of time including old school and new school eras places him ahead of KRS as far as MC'ing is concerned.

• Bodhi
    edited September 2013
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    I just saw a NORE video on 106 & Park a few weeks ago I ain't never seen Rakim on there so obviously NORE >> Rakim right?

No.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thse type of threads are troll threads to me. Cats like to compare different rappers from different eras, really. Thats like apples to oranges
  • judahxulu
    Options
    jono wrote: »

No.

as far as rocking a crowd live and keeping seats filled , N.O,R.E. wins... not close lyrically but lyrics are not the only thing that makes an emcee
  • SneakDZA
    Options
    U didn't define relevance... Or prove how billboard is an accurate measure of it... So yeah...

First, let's define MC:
    Rakim wrote: »
    MC means move the crowd

So following from this definition, if you, as an MC, are able to move more crowds than the next man, you're greater than he is. E-40's relevancy with today's youth and longevity over an extended period of time including old school and new school eras places him ahead of KRS as far as MC'ing is concerned.

and also rakim, big daddy kane, ice cube, redman, ll cool j and countless others.

basically e-40 is the goat because he had a lukewarm hit single last year.
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Alot of feelings in dis ?
  • Bodhi
    edited September 2013
    Options
    and also rakim, big daddy kane, ice cube, redman, ll cool j and countless others.

Nobody here is making those comparisons. If you'd like to, you can start a new thread. Don't get off topic. And refrain from swimming out deeper into the feelings pool.
  • Bodhi
    Options
    as far as rocking a crowd live and keeping seats filled , N.O,R.E. wins... not close lyrically but lyrics are not the only thing that makes an emcee

You sure, G? From what I was goin on, last Rakim album sold more than NORE's last album upon first week release. In addition to that, Rakim's fan base stretches out from the 80s. I haven't seen either one live though.
  • judahxulu
    Options

You sure, G? From what I was goin on, last Rakim album sold more than NORE's last album upon first week release. In addition to that, Rakim's fan base stretches out from the 80s. I haven't seen either one live though.

yes im sure.. do u ? think everybody on the internet is trying to live some second life online? ive seen krs live and was an opening act for nore so i know what the ? im saying...? . my homies put on a show for rakim at a college... about 30 muthafuckas showed up. i didnt mention sales or who is a better rapper.... dont give a ? about sales and its ? obvious rakim is a better rapper than NORE
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hes like a hammer that you hold in ya hand. He makes hits
  • Bodhi
    Options
    its ? obvious rakim is a better rapper than NORE

Then we agree. Cool.
  • judahxulu
    Options
    its ? obvious rakim is a better rapper than NORE

Then we agree. Cool.

of course. im very specific. a good rapper is not necessarily a good emcee and vice versa..another example. mc hammer was an abysmal rapper... the engineer i work with actually did the 2nd version of his first album...said the ? was reading ofgfa paper in the booth and they had to punch this ? in every other bar damn near lol....but that ? can put on a MUTHAFUCKIN SHOW = ? rapping, good emceeing. thats a weakness in rap... the best spitters usually are not the best performers and the ? rappers can move a crowd. lyricists tend to sit up on some ? cloud and assume u can rock out with it live based on their lyrics alone.
  • SneakDZA
    Options

Nobody here is making those comparisons. If you'd like to, you can start a new thread. Don't get off topic. And refrain from swimming out deeper into the feelings pool.

i'm using the same criteria you're applying to krs one on other mc's. are you saying you use different criteria for krs than you would for another mc? if that's the case you might be the one swimming in feels, oceanic.