Options
15678911»

Comments

• Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Oceanic wrote: »
    and also rakim, big daddy kane, ice cube, redman, ll cool j and countless others.

basically e-40 is the goat because he had a lukewarm hit single last year.

Nobody here is making those comparisons. If you'd like to, you can start a new thread. Don't get off topic. And refrain from swimming out deeper into the feelings pool.

i'm using the same criteria you're applying to krs one on other mc's. are you saying you use different criteria for krs than you would for another mc? if that's the case you might be the one swimming in feels, oceanic.

No, I use the same criteria. But those comparisons are not up for discussion. Unless you want to make a new thread. I'll post in it.

What I mean is, whether I say yes or not to your question is unimportant to the convo at hand. It doesn't add anything nor take anything away from my argument that E-40 is greater than KRS-One.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oceanic wrote: »
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    U didn't define relevance... Or prove how billboard is an accurate measure of it... So yeah...

First, let's define MC:
    Rakim wrote: »
    MC means move the crowd

So following from this definition, if you, as an MC, are able to move more crowds than the next man, you're greater than he is. E-40's relevancy with today's youth and longevity over an extended period of time including old school and new school eras places him ahead of KRS as far as MC'ing is concerned.

and also rakim, big daddy kane, ice cube, redman, ll cool j and countless others.

basically e-40 is the goat because he had a lukewarm hit single last year.

Pretty much... Let these ? tell it Macklemore is gawd MC...
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    Im picking E40 because I've always enjoyed his music more but it's no slight to KRS. I'm a person who hates how arrogant he is but that don't got nothing to do with his talent as an mc.

let's hear some examples of krs one being more arrogant than any other mc.

Well the easiest would be his reason for dissing Nelly. Not who won the actual battle but the whole reason for it itself was KRS one arrogant as ? and stupid. The whole beef started because KRS got mad Nelly made a song called #1 and didn't ask him or give him props because he also made a song called #1 some years back. That's dumb as ? and came off like some attention ? ? simply to drum up publicity for his album which failed. ? is easily top dumbest reasons for a diss up there with Pusha T still being mad about Lil Wayne wearing BAPE
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im picking E40 because I've always enjoyed his music more but it's no slight to KRS. I'm a person who hates how arrogant he is but that don't got nothing to do with his talent as an mc.

Well the easiest would be his reason for dissing Nelly. Not who won the actual battle but the whole reason for it itself was KRS one arrogant as ? and stupid. The whole beef started because KRS got mad Nelly made a song called #1 and didn't ask him or give him props because he also made a song called #1 some years back. That's dumb as ? and came off like some attention ? ? simply to drum up publicity for his album which failed. ? is easily top dumbest reasons for a diss up there with Pusha T still being mad about Lil Wayne wearing BAPE

Then that ? cosigned Soulja Boy of all people
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »

Then that ? cosigned Soulja Boy of all people

That's the ? I never understood

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JbT3WNVkEU
  • Miltown Marauder
    Miltown Marauder Members Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? only vouching for KRS because he's ? father MC yet forget all the garbage ass ? he done dropped over the years
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    ? only vouching for KRS because he's ? father MC yet forget all the garbage ass ? he done dropped over the years
    This thread is about E-40 being "better" than KRS One. And some folks are disagreeing.
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    and the garbage ? he's done like grossly contradicting, complaining about rappers not keeping it real yet faking jacks, and cosigning the worst possible mufuckas. i forgot about soulja boy.. so this ? co-signed t.i., wayne and soulja boy...
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Amazing. The same can be said about 40. Like I say waaaaaaaaay back that ? aint dropping no classics. He dropping triple CDs at a time too, so he producing way more waste than KRS.
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    [img]https://sphotos-b-iad.? .fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/p320x320/1170962_10151582267117050_1875854302_n.jpg[/img]

U must ? wit 40 on Facebook
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

ok so everybody that made a control response is arrogant as well, huh? if a ? says he's the best he might get challenged. don't nobody give a ? about nelly's feelings.

in fact... where the hell is nelly and his career now?