Official 2013-14 A.D. Chicago Bulls Thread

Options

Comments

• ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zbo on mirotic

"I was just asking Marc (Gasol) about him," Randolph was saying after the game when I caught up with him in the Grizzlies locker room in a sort of a Butch and Sundance "Who was that guy?" tone.

"I like him," Randolph said. "I told Marc he can shoot the ball. I was asking how old he was. He's just 21. The kid's got a real upside. He can play in the NBA."

a year ago he dropped a very light 14 and 7 in 28 minutes against the memphis grizzlies who have two of the most physical players at their position in gasol and zbo and in the two games (mem/tor) he has played against nba teams hes averagng 15.5 pts and 9.5 rebs in 32.7 min he was the youngest to hit the 50/40/90 club in europe and somehow scored 22 pts on 4 of 5 shooting yesterday

hes said to have developed a step back fade away much like dirk that hes efficient at shooting and according to @hoopshype mirotic met with the bulls yesterday in madrid and is expected to meet with them again today

i really think he comes over this off season because he was getting paid more over there these past 3 years then he would have over here since he would have to have signed per the rookie scale but now hes able to sign like a free agent this off season i just wonder what hes gonna ask for
  • ckfree
    Options
    this season has been such a struggle if theres a chance thibs might leave it might be best to just try to win as much as possible because hes gonna go nuts he fist pumped after last night similar to the one he did that sunday against the heat a couple years back

and this was against the bucks i really do want bari but not at the cost of thibs(i think)

derrick has left this organization in such a tough spot that i dont even think they know what direction is best to take right now theyll probably play it out and revisit it near the trade deadline
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Struggle season
  • WhoisDonG???
    WhoisDonG??? Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tank for Jabari!!!
  • Undergroundraplegend
    Undergroundraplegend Members Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bulls tonight. Say other then Deng and ? who else can they trade to get somewhere.
  • ckfree
    Options
    might not even need to

in terms of psyche its a moutshot to have derrick go out again they all put up with so much last year especially given how the situation was handled in terms of keeping derricks potential return a possibility until the bitter end

when derrick tore his acl the bulls completely fell apart in the playoffs its looking like things falling apart again only difference between last and this season is the bulls had 6 months to get over the pain of losing derrick and built the team with capable ballhandlers + the team had a reason to win last season cant see how they have anywhere near the energy they had a year ago

worst ? of all time is you just know your team is gonna lose by the way a game is going but you cant stop watching i wish i was one of these dudes who watch love and hip hop instead of sports or whatever the ? they watch/do while games are being played

smfh
  • RiGGA
    RiGGA Members Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    C'mon yall can't let this thread end up in the bushes like this bruh it's too many Bulls fans on here for me to have to dig this up from the 3rd page...

Deng to Cavs for Bynum + picks

thoughts?

I'm personally ecstatic... It shows that the front office shares the same vision that I've had since last year. If we keep moving these contracts (still don't know why we signed Dunleavy for 2yrs/6mil but we couldnt holla at that ? nate to come back though) we can do some damage this offseason in the draft & free agency.

I feel that with Deng gone, considering the fact that he's been holding us down for almost 10 years, it signals a significant change for the Bulls, and we should make it for the better, not worse. In my opinion this roster should be cleaned out for further financial flexibility and draft picks. Rose-Butler-Mirotic-Noah while retaining Gibson PLUS our draft picks PLUS the moves we will make this summer sounds like a plan. The more ? contracts we keep, the less splashing able to be done in free agency and possibly less draft picks, meaning ? team.

This is how I see it, now let's see if you (and the Bulls front office) agree.
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    John Paxson got his ? wake up call when Rose hurt his other knee.
  • Undergroundraplegend
    Options
    RiGGA wrote: »
    C'mon yall can't let this thread end up in the bushes like this bruh it's too many Bulls fans on here for me to have to dig this up from the 3rd page...

thoughts?

I'm personally ecstatic... It shows that the front office shares the same vision that I've had since last year. If we keep moving these contracts (still don't know why we signed Dunleavy for 2yrs/6mil but we couldnt holla at that ? nate to come back though) we can do some damage this offseason in the draft & free agency.

I feel that with Deng gone, considering the fact that he's been holding us down for almost 10 years, it signals a significant change for the Bulls, and we should make it for the better, not worse. In my opinion this roster should be cleaned out for further financial flexibility and draft picks. Rose-Butler-Mirotic-Noah while retaining Gibson PLUS our draft picks PLUS the moves we will make this summer sounds like a plan. The more ? contracts we keep, the less splashing able to be done in free agency and possibly less draft picks, meaning ? team.

Yall brothas know way more then me on this. But what u think they can get Fo r bynum? a superstar.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

thoughts?

Yall brothas know way more then me on this. But what u think they can get Fo r bynum? a superstar.

Nothing, Bynum getting released today
  • RiGGA
    Options
    ^^^
    This...Don't nobody want Bynum, it's 2014 my dude
  • Undergroundraplegend
    Options
    Danm i just heard him getting trade to the bulls.
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I probably woulda kept Bynum and tried to flip him for a few picks some up and coming squad woulda still took a chance on him he's proven he can be one of the rare good big men in the league when healthy and that position seems to be a dying breed.

Chicago need picks, money off the books, and young athletic players.

Probably could have had the chance at even more decent young talent with flipping him.

This move tells me this pretty much a throw away season and management is building for the future.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options

thoughts?

Lmao. You really think a team would trade a superstar for Bynum? Are you new to sports or something??
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I probably woulda kept Bynum and tried to flip him for a few picks some up and coming squad woulda still took a chance on him he's proven he can be one of the rare good big men in the league when healthy and that position seems to be a dying breed.

Probably could have had the chance at even more decent young talent with flipping him.

This move tells me this pretty much a throw away season and management is building for the future.

You don't have the answers B. Chicago got 3 picks from Cleveland...we got one from the Hornets and we still have our own pick. Plus we got an all star coming from Real Madrid and we are about to amnesty ? freeing up close to 40 mill for 14. You tell me.... does that sound like rebuilding?
  • RiGGA
    Options

You don't have the answers B. Chicago got 3 picks from Cleveland...we got one from the Hornets and we still have our own pick. Plus we got an all star coming from Real Madrid and we are about to amnesty ? freeing up close to 40 mill for 14. You tell me.... does that sound like rebuilding?

Bruh...40 mil???? That sounds ? beautiful but where u getting that figure from?
  • deemula420
    deemula420 Members Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We are in a good position right now any body think we can pull a pat Riley and steal melo?
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Paxson said earlier bulls are re building alongside rose and not around rose anymore.They're going to add talent thru the draft and wit the salary cap expected to rise bulls will have 14-15 mil of cap space this summer

Gotta thank the lakers greed and stupidity for this their ? front office really thought they could get mad talent for an expiring contract from a team with 20 mil in cap space.If bulls didn't dump dengs salary we stuck in no mans land.I couldn't care less about no draft picks or getting under luxury taxes this team will be in the lottery this year.Let the raptors,pistons,cavs,knicks etc be hyped about making the playoffs to get washed we been there and done that.Dunleavy(definitely gone) and Hinrich(maybe) could be the next dominos to fall
  • RiGGA
    Options
    Suns expressing interest in the capt, get him the ? outta here too, feed us dem 2nd rounders
  • big_chris67
    big_chris67 Members Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I like the move they save money and get draft picks they were not contending for the title this year anyway and it's better to get something than let Deng walk for nothing since he turned down a 30 mil deal last week next thing to do is amnesty ? !!!!!
  • 9TRAY
    9TRAY Members Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^

If we can find a team willing to take back ? 's contract for expiring deals I'd rather trade him than use that amnesty on ?

Bynum is officially waived now, Kirk on the block, put Dunleavy on the block too
  • deemula420
    deemula420 Members Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ain't nobody taking ? with that crazy ass contract unless we taking back a contract of the same caliber which we don't need amnesty is the only option
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im not sold on Melo coming to the bulls.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Paxson said earlier bulls are re building alongside rose and not around rose anymore.They're going to add talent thru the draft and wit the salary cap expected to rise bulls will have 14-15 mil of cap space this summer

Gotta thank the lakers greed and stupidity for this their ? front office really thought they could get mad talent for an expiring contract from a team with 20 mil in cap space.If bulls didn't dump dengs salary we stuck in no mans land.I couldn't care less about no draft picks or getting under luxury taxes this team will be in the lottery this year.Let the raptors,pistons,cavs,knicks etc be hyped about making the playoffs to get washed we been there and done that.Dunleavy(definitely gone) and Hinrich(maybe) could be the next dominos to fall

ROFL even when the Lakers are not involved you suck their ? . Don't blame them for the Bull's mishaps especially when LA has 5 rings since 2001 and the Bulls have zero. LA is a far better franchise than the Bulls when it comes to front office moves. Just look at the success. Bulls only got Jordan thanks to the ? Blazers.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options

ROFL even when the Lakers are not involved you suck their ? . Don't blame them for the Bull's mishaps especially when LA has 5 rings since 2001 and the Bulls have zero. LA is a far better franchise than the Bulls when it comes to front office moves. Just look at the success. Bulls only got Jordan thanks to the ? Blazers.

Lakers hired D'antoni over phil which was one of the reasons why Dwight bounced,extended a 35 year old 2 years 48 mil therefore taking half of their future cap space up,traded mad draft picks and gave a washed steve nash 39 mil which ended up being a flop and just missed out an opportunity to dump salary and get out the luxury tax when this years team is trash and won't make the playoffs.

Good for the lakers winning titles 13-14 years ago cuz of Jerry buss and jerry wests moves.RIGHT NOW the front office is dumb.Stick to football u from baltimore your wacc ass city don't even have a basketball team