Official 2013-14 A.D. Chicago Bulls Thread

Options

Comments

• ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lakers, Bulls, Bobcats Eye Lance Stephenson

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2014-02-06/lance-stephenson-pacers-free-agency-contract-salary-cap-paul-george-roy-hibbert-bulls-lakers-bobcats

The Lakers, Bulls and Bobcats are among the teams who are planning to target Lance Stephenson in free agency this summer, according to Sean Deveney of The Sporting News. Deveney hears from a GM who expects Stephenson to draw offers with an eight-figure starting salary. Other NBA executives pegged his annual value at between $7-9MM in December, but his continued strong play this season may be boosting his value.

Stephenson has expressed a desire on multiple occasions to re-sign with the Pacers, who’ve signaled that they’re prepared to offer him a sizable contract. It’ll be a tight squeeze to fit such a deal onto the payroll, given Indiana’s reluctance to pay the luxury tax. Deveney examines the variables and suggests the Pacers would have to trade away other salaries to pay Stephenson at market value. Some of his calculations are based on the notion that Paul George could wind up receiving 30% of the cap when his extension kicks in next season, but he agreed to take only 27% of the cap if he triggers the Derrick Rose Rule.

In any case, the Pacers will face tough decisions unless Stephenson is willing to take a hometown discount. Deveney suggests trading Chris Copeland and his two-year, $6.135MM as a solution, but finding a team to absorb that deal without sending salary back to Indiana will be difficult, particularly considering Indiana can’t trade any first-round draft picks before this month’s deadline.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That would be foolish at this point. A lot can change in the off season but the Pacers have built a respectable roster and gotten better each year while the Bulls keep taking one step forward, two steps back.
  • ckfree
    Options
    im not putting this on garpax though its been injuries holding this team back to the point that i now would be more surprised to see derrick stay healthy then get injured again all i ask for now is for it to happen in practice and out of sight because man smh ? was too rough last time

but yea lance was unplayable his first two seasons and now that hes coming along no way larry let him go and given the shortage of impact 2 guards its surprising to see lance being valued at only 7-9 mil

i hope one of these interested teams drive his value up cause if he gets signed at anything less than 10 mil hed be right there with steph as far as bang for your buck goes
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't want Lance Stephenson
  • ckfree
    Options
  • ckfree
    Options
    im hoping someone told melo to flip his all star jacket out like will did in fresh prince of bel air and it stays with him heading into free agency
  • TRILLip Brooks
    Options
    Still gunning for that number 3 spot
  • ckfree
    Options

this dude cant do ? right
  • TRILLip Brooks
    Options
    Bulls finna either sign Jimmer or bring back Ben Gordon
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
  • ckfree
    Options
    its official i love thibs as much as another man is allowed to love another man without being a ? about it and if he ever left this organization id cry more than when my father abandoned the family thibs is special what he has done without derrick and lu is gods work after rose went down i didnt think id be able to experience any real excitement this year but here i am hyped as ?

they dont have the horses to beat miami or indiana (i wouldnt be surprised if they beat indy though which is why i dont want to see them in the playoffs let miami put their own work in) or okc in a long series but thibs got me believing they can

i appreciate that

jimmer + thibs = success

unless he really sucks because thibs pulls out potential out of border line good players
  • TRILLip Brooks
    Options
    1.gif

Smh at Hell Rell
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Jimmer is in the building..

jimmerweddingdance.0_standard_730.0.gif
  • S.jR.
    Options
    ckfree wrote: »
    BgpAaOICIAAq7DG.jpg
    Amusingly, after the game more TV cameras surrounded newly signed Jimmer Fredette, whose celebrity stretches even further than his shooting range. Fredette buried his first jumper in three garbage minutes and fans roared.

But the most fascinating player in the building Sunday wasn't an undersized shooting guard from BYU. The man who captured the imagination most ducked into the Bulls family room on his way to the Knicks team bus for a quick exchange with Noah.

Anthony exited smiling widely.

Good signs were everywhere for the Bulls.

-David Haugh/Tribune

*insert birdman rubbing hands gif*
  • ckfree
    Options
    i dont like how management seems to be all in on mirotic

even if he pans out its gonna take time and with how derrick stay hurt i dont think the bulls can afford his prime years being spent waiting on mirotic to adjust to not only the nba and the lifestlye but having to assimilate into a new country and everything that comes with that --- hes in for a culture shock the moment he touch down in chicago

plus with the way taj has developed and everything you hear about mirotic there is no way i want him sitting out the 4th quarter in place of some soft ass euro taj is too a physical rebounder/superior defender and finsher at the rim to be cheerleading and i wont even elaborate on his post work or the j he been consitently hitting

if there is a chance to go for a star this off season then they have to do it

im not totally sold on melo either but if thibs gives the ok then cool which is why im hyped to see if thibs can flip a one dimensional scorer in jimmer into a versatile decent two way player that fits within a system
  • ckfree
    Options
    http://t.co/Rjcu4LwMuo

these instagram video links not working but this is cool

couple more years though and he gonna fake taking a ? so he dont have to watch the kids for awhile
  • S.jR.
    Options
    You gotta know that even the front office realizes that we always fall 2nd place in free agency to other teams. So they go hard for the players they draft. But even more so if they show that much interest in him other teams know if they want to make a deal it's gonna cost'em.
  • S.jR.
    Options
    S.jR. wrote: »
    BgpAaOICIAAq7DG.jpg
    Amusingly, after the game more TV cameras surrounded newly signed Jimmer Fredette, whose celebrity stretches even further than his shooting range. Fredette buried his first jumper in three garbage minutes and fans roared.

But the most fascinating player in the building Sunday wasn't an undersized shooting guard from BYU. The man who captured the imagination most ducked into the Bulls family room on his way to the Knicks team bus for a quick exchange with Noah.

Anthony exited smiling widely.

Good signs were everywhere for the Bulls.

-David Haugh/Tribune

*insert birdman rubbing hands gif*
    Asked what he thought of a “Melo to Chicago” sign in the stands during the Knicks’ loss to the Bulls on Sunday, Carmelo Anthony didn’t simply pass on the question like most in his situation would have.“It was a good sign,” Melo said with a laugh. “It was a good sign. I don’t know what you want me to say about that.”
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    espn.go.com/video/clip?id=10561009

Chris Broussard talks about Bulls star Joakim Noah approaching Carmelo Anthony over All-Star Weekend about joining the Bulls.
  • soul rattler
    Options
    Joakim is having an MVP season.

jimmy will be an All Star next year.

GarPax will not be making the same mistake 2 years in a row. DJ will be a Bull next year.
  • S.jR.
    Options
    I hope so. DJ better realize they system that revived his career. And come back to show it wasn't fpr one year.
  • soul rattler
    Options
    S.jR. wrote: »
    I hope so. DJ better realize they system that revived his career. And come back to show it wasn't fpr one year.

Considering how they tried to cheapskate Nate, if DJ doesn't come back, I'm blaming the front office first.
  • ckfree
    Options
    i see treeeees of greeen red roses toooooo
    i see em bloom.....for me and youuuuuuuu
    and i think to myself
    what a wonderfuuuuuuuul wooooooooorld

d rose coming back i can feel it in the air

i heard funk on the radio say he can see derrick rose coming back and i know this dude cant even see whats happening on the court most the time cause he always getting ? wrong like their names but im looking at it like this

im thinking last year derrick was thinking that extra rest = less chance of injury

and the fact he got injured 10 games in or so after all that rest should bold well when he gets full clearance this time because i think he now knows if your knee is gonna go its gonna go
  • ckfree
    Options
    seeing how deng dont know his left from his right no more im not even tripping off dj leaving via fa its all thibs anyways id much rather they bring back kirk old ass if it comes down to one or the other
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i see treeeees of greeen red roses toooooo
    i see em bloom.....for me and youuuuuuuu
    and i think to myself
    what a wonderfuuuuuuuul wooooooooorld

d rose coming back i can feel it in the air

i heard funk on the radio say he can see derrick rose coming back and i know this dude cant even see whats happening on the court most the time cause he always getting ? wrong like their names but im looking at it like this

im thinking last year derrick was thinking that extra rest = less chance of injury

and the fact he got injured 10 games in or so after all that rest should bold well when he gets full clearance this time because i think he now knows if your knee is gonna go its gonna go

Co-Sign on Funk, he stay getting ? wrong, don't let ? or Taj be in the game at the same time, he'll get confused. Thibs was on the radio today, they asked him about what Funk said, and pretty much the same ? all along, that Rose is not playing.