Official 2013-14 A.D. Chicago Bulls Thread

Options

Comments

• marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    damn. Bulls front office gives zero ? what every one else thinks.
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RiGGA wrote: »
    I probably woulda kept Bynum and tried to flip him for a few picks some up and coming squad woulda still took a chance on him he's proven he can be one of the rare good big men in the league when healthy and that position seems to be a dying breed.

Chicago need picks, money off the books, and young athletic players.

Probably could have had the chance at even more decent young talent with flipping him.

This move tells me this pretty much a throw away season and management is building for the future.

You don't have the answers B. Chicago got 3 picks from Cleveland...we got one from the Hornets and we still have our own pick. Plus we got an all star coming from Real Madrid and we are about to amnesty ? freeing up close to 40 mill for 14. You tell me.... does that sound like rebuilding?

Bruh...40 mil???? That sounds ? beautiful but where u getting that figure from?

word

two things killa

1. what you smoking on

2. can i get some

even with ? amnistied they have little chance to get a melo or any other max signing it would have to be up to them to take a paycut or bulls would have to trade taj which im not opposed to cause you can find another taj

i think their plan is to cash in their draft picks bring mirotic over and sign free agents to one year deals and see if derrick can stay healthy with their eye on the 2015 fa class
  • ckfree
    Options
    rought week for thibs he lost his dad and his favorite player

“You handle whatever’s in front of you,’’ Thibodeau said. “I’ve been through all kinds of different situations. We’ll deal with it. I'm not conceding anything.’’

this man needs to be stopped though because seeds 3 through 8 in the east = friend zone

thats no way to live

derrick has put this organization in a very diffucult spot the ? chicago look like sitting by the phone waiting for a text back from a ? thats getting suplexed in another man bed bulls not virgins to this championship ? leave it to the other ones

we trying to ?
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/88016/the-cavs-are-thinking-playoffs-the-bulls-are-thinking-ahead
    flipping Andrew Bynum's non-guaranteed deal and three draft picks (one first-rounder, two second-rounders) to Chicago in exchange for Luol Deng. The deal gets the Bulls under the tax threshold and saves them about $20 million in real dollars this season — a savings that will make losing Deng easier to swallow using the amnesty provision on the final year of Carlos ? 's contract. It also stops the clock on the dreaded repeater tax. Cutting ties with ? would leave Chicago with somewhere between $10 million and $12 million in cap room this summer, depending on whether it can sign Nikola Mirotic away from Europe, and where its pick falls in the 2014 draft. It should fall in the lottery after this deal.The Bulls have given themselves an opportunity to rebuild on the fly, a rare thing for a team with a very good nucleus. They have their own pick, the potential introduction of Mirotic as the team's third big man, the aforementioned cap space, and another potential first-rounder from Sacramento that the Cavs have traded in this deal. (That pick is top-12 protected this year, which means Sacramento keeps it if it falls within the top 12 picks. It is top-10 protected in the three subsequent seasons
    If I were Gar Forman/John Paxson, I'd think hard about breaking the bank for Lance Stephenson — an unrestricted free agent who could work on the wing next to Butler and effectively serve as the team's backup point guard, a role Stephenson is playing now for Indiana. Stephenson is a rare thing — an under-25, unrestricted free agent. The Bulls might have to carve out a bit more room to realistically chase him, perhaps by salary-dumping the helpless Marquis Teague, but it's worth a thought. (Side note on Mirotic: The 2014 draft will mark three years since the Bulls picked Mirotic, meaning they could sign him outside the restrictions of the rookie scale, per several league sources.)

If Chicago can't find the right free-agency target, it could hold the fort with a couple of affordable veterans, and use its new bevy of assets to kick around potential trade ideas for big names who might become available.

This trade puts Chicago in a very good place. It's hard to come out much better while losing an All-Star in what amounts to a salary dump/tanking maneuver.

I quoted the parts about the bulls for all you cats who don't like reading plus the rest was about deng and the cavs

Paxson said the Bulls gonna add depth,scorers and more athletes.It's Been nice Loul solid player but holla go head and get your dough time to add more talented players
  • ckfree
    Options
    lance just strikes me as a guy thats gonna stop caring about basketball and start going to jail a lot when he gets paid but hes nice though he can guard 3 positions and is getting noticeably better on o

larry bird loves him so he would probably match any offer he gets

if it all possible id still take the risk its time for this organization to start taking chances on players who look like they have no problem hittig women ? this scout honor ?
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If need be the franchise player need to take his ass a pay cut to help bring in that talent.
  • 9TRAY
    9TRAY Members Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    With how bad the East is and Thibs gettin' the most out of the players on the roster, unfortunately I think they'll make the Playoffs unless Noah comes down with a mysterious case of Plantar Fasciitis and be forced to shut it down
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    Bulls won't make the playoffs they won't have the horses.Thibs aint a miracle worker
    S.jR. wrote: »
    If need be the franchise player need to take his ass a pay cut to help bring in that talent.

Real talk.Duke aint a max player at this point,he claims he wants to win so bad then prove it
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    I personally think the bulls will go after kevin love this summer.He's getting frustrated in minnesota

Offer booz expiring contract,draft picks,and the rights to mirotic or taj(not both) and that should get it done since he can opt out and become a free agent summer '15

Add Kevin Love and a Lottery pick to this core and get some bench scorers like nate and ben gordon and we good
  • ckfree
    Options
    ive noticed that the way he walks off after losing close games is similar to the way thibs walks off when the bulls lose games just straight disgusted except for yesterday loss to the suns he looked defeated

thibs would bring the best out of him and play the perfect side kick to derrick provided derrick come back which im not even sure anymore at this point

we need one of these young thundercats in this year draft for real
  • ckfree
    Options
    smfh @ mirotic

supposedly the bulls thought they could get him with the mid level but he seems to want all the money thats gonna be available after they amnesty ?

bulls might need to let him chill where he at if hes thinking like that

10 + mil at 4 years + for an unproven player--na
  • 9TRAY
    edited January 2014
    Options

Bulls won't make the playoffs they won't have the horses.Thibs aint a miracle worker

Real talk.Duke aint a max player at this point,he claims he wants to win so bad then prove it

Yo, I hope you right, I don't want these cats to make The Off's.

? , I think they gonna' be over .500 soon. We got 6 pop can teams in a row on the schedule. Bobcats, Wizards twice, Orlando, Lakers. I was looking at the schedule for March, that looks like it could be a 10 loss month right there

ckfree wrote: »
    smfh @ mirotic

supposedly the bulls thought they could get him with the mid level but he seems to want all the money thats gonna be available after they amnesty ?

@ckfree Where you read that at about Mirotic?
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't give a damn if Rose hurt & Deng is traded. My Bulls still is going to win the NBA Championship on my NBA 2K franchise
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    9TRAY_93EB wrote: »

? , I think they gonna' be over .500 soon. We got 6 pop can teams in a row on the schedule. Bobcats, Wizards twice, Orlando, Lakers. I was looking at the schedule for March, that looks like it could be a 10 loss month right there

smfh @ mirotic

He's asking for more if they want him to sign for 4 years. Because they would have his bird rights as opposed to just the 3 year offer where he could bounce like Asik. So pay more now so you don't lose him later.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The East too damn soft and Thibs have those guys playing tough every night. Even with this roster they're capable of getting into the playoffs in this weak conference
  • RiGGA
    RiGGA Members Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=kmnwcpe

Can we commit da robbery doe?!?! (? say the want 'Dre gone, but is they really bout dat life??)
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    Fucc mirotic he demanding too much,mid level should be enough if it isn't trade his rights or leave him where he at.He puttin up pedestrian numbers in that soft ass euro league he hasn't proven anything in the nba yet so he shouldn't be demanding so much dough
  • MontyM.Max
    MontyM.Max Members Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bulls making them playoffs off the strength of Coach wanting to get his point across to paxon and the rest of the ? ? in the office. If they would've went after ? in fa and with trades 2 years ago we'd be on a decent path. I say hold folks out till next year, get rid of ? ? ? ass, then pay silver to fix that lotto like we had stern do in 08 so we can bring da boi Bari home. Add k love the next year and stick him next to Jo and we good. We probably gon need a new coach sometime in the near future though.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    we need hot sauce
  • ckfree
    Options
    9TRAY_93EB wrote: »

smfh @ mirotic

He's asking for more if they want him to sign for 4 years. Because they would have his bird rights as opposed to just the 3 year offer where he could bounce like Asik. So pay more now so you don't lose him later.

word

@9TRAY_93EB

i heard that in an interview csn did with aggrey sam or a sam smith mail bag where fans ask him questions i dont even know i been reading up on nikola and all these college kids my mind is all over the place right now

they were saying the meeting they had with him two weeks ago is where they learned he would want more than the mid level and may have green lit the deng trade since they would not be able to have signed both

i hope the hell not the 10 mil they offered deng is what they are willing to go up to for mirotic

his buyout is 3.1 mil and the new cba allows teams to pay most of it whereas players did it themselves before only thing is it will count against the cap they might not even have enough money to bring him over even if they wanted to especially if we get the bobcats pick cause thats another 2 mil you gotta pay the pick along with their own pick they have to pay and ? maybe the kings pick if they keep balling

no doubt they would be willing to trade dunleavy and teague for more cap relief which is gonna make for another awkaward meeting between noah and garpax since they told him they were not tanking and trading dunleavy would be another slap to his face

this dude better be for real cause they really seem to love him and are catering to all his needs even at the risk of upsetting thibs and the rest of the team to make sure he comes over next year
  • ckfree
    Options
    "...when I come to the game, I see the guy selling the newspapers on the streets. [It's] cold outside -- when he sees me driving by, he's excited. You know what I mean? He's excited. He's like, 'All right. Let's go Bulls! Get it done tonight!' I feel like I play for that guy."

"I think that's something that people are proud of when you say, 'Chicago Bulls' Whatever it is, you know you're in for a fight. It's always gonna be like that."

"We’re going to give 150 percent and when people in Chicago say Chicago Bulls, I want [them] to be proud of that."

"To me, that's what the city represents. There are a lot of hardship and adversity in the city. When I play basketball, I want people to be proud of their team."

iSpxXFnwJh21z.gif

? jo has turned into a savage he gets me hyped up with quotes like that and has me feeling like ? when im wishing upon every star i see his foot fall off (and will continue to do so)

if you go to the games and watch noah during warmups and timeouts he spends a lot of time looking around at the crowd even making eye contact and engaging with people from a distance

i was at a game earlier this season some kid near me was wearing a weird homemade hat that had a bunch of writing and pictures on it about noah and during timeouts jo kept going back to the kid smiling at him and giving him thumbs up and of course the kid was really eating it up so it doesnt surprise me that noah is the kind of guy who thinks about things from a fans perspective and genuinely draws motivation from them

jo king noah}}}}}}}}}
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    Noah and Butler my favorite bulls players.Noah can do everything but score butler hardly talks just hustles,plays hard and yokes up or contains the other teams best perimeter player he aint scared to guard nobody

I watched butler make melo,lebron,kobe,paul george all struggle and Noahs game 7 vs the nets last year was classic he willed us to that win
  • ckfree
    Options
    jo a savage

jimmy d during the 2nd round loss to the heat on lebron was crazy

shutting down lebron is impossible but butler made him work for everything he got that at the end of the 5 game series lebron said that he was exhausted and that it was the toughest series hes ever been through

i dont think he'll ever be as great as i thought he would be offensively but he could be the best perimeter defender in the nba with his cerebral approach only getting better since its only his 3rd year
  • 9TRAY
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Jimmy Butler logged a franchise record 60 minutes last night. That's wassup, Noah with another monster game, he's on his way to the All-Star Game again

Tony Snell coming along nicely. Signing D.J. Augustin was a blessing in disguise.

D. Rose traveling with the squad is a good thing

Carlos ? had 1 board last night in 28 minutes of game time, and didn't play at all down the stretch of the 4th Quarter, and played none of the 3 OT's. Flu like symptoms or not, for a PF to have only 1 rebound but scores 23 points in the game is ? ' unacceptable
  • RiGGA
    RiGGA Members Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? is the pf version of monta ellis when he was on the warriors