Sinking ship: Barack Obama's approval rating now at Bush levels-37%

Options
kingblaze84
kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=230635128

The Associated Press-GfK survey, out Wednesday, affirms expectations by many in Washington — Republicans among them — that the GOP may end up taking the biggest hit in public opinion from the fiscal paralysis, just as that party did when much of the government closed 17 years ago. But the situation is fluid nine days into the shutdown and there's plenty of disdain to go around.

Overall, 62 percent mainly blamed Republicans for the shutdown. About half said Obama or the Democrats in Congress bear much responsibility.

Asked if she blamed Obama, House Republicans, Senate Democrats or the tea party for the shutdown, Martha Blair, 71, of Kerrville, Texas, said, yes, you bet. All of them.

"Somebody needs to ? those guys together to get a solution, instead of just saying 'no,'" said Blair, an independent. "It's just so frustrating." It's also costly: She's paid to fly with a group to four national parks in Arizona and California next month and says she can't get her money back or reschedule if the parks remain closed.

The poll found that the tea party is more than a gang of malcontents in the political landscape, as its supporters in Congress have been portrayed by Democrats. Rather, it's a sizable — and divisive — force among Republicans. More than 4 in 10 Republicans identified with the tea party and were more apt than other Republicans to insist that their leaders hold firm in the standoff over reopening government and avoiding a default of the nation's debt in coming weeks.

Most Americans disapprove of the way Obama is handling his job, the poll suggests, with 53 percent unhappy with his performance and 37 percent approving of it. Congress is scraping rock bottom, with a ghastly approval rating of 5 percent.

Comments

• kingblaze84
    Options
    To the Obama fans AND Critics.....how did it all go so wrong?
  • twatgetta
    twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pitiful ? that Barry Soetoro.
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    A Washington Times/ABC news poll shows the same thing, only 37% approve of Obama pathetic job performance now......

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57606670/republicans-hammer-obama-over-government-shutdown-get-hammered-in-polls/

A new Associated Press-GfK survey released Wednesday shows that 62 percent of adults surveyed online mainly blame Republicans for the current shutdown. About half said Mr. Obama or congressional Democrats bear the responsibility. These numbers echo a Washington Post/ABC poll released Tuesday which showed 70 percent of Americans disapproving of how the GOP is handling the budget negotiations, compared to 61 percent for Democrats and 51 percent for Mr. Obama.

The president's poll numbers aren't exactly rosy, either. Fifty-three percent of those surveyed in the AP poll disapproved of his job performance; only 37 approved. But Congress takes the cake on public disappointment with a mere 5 percent approval rating.
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    Time for Obama to negotiate............
  • whar
    whar Members Posts: 347 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Why he is winning?

70% disapprove of the republican position while only 51% disapprove of Obama. Out of the three entities Republicans, Democrats and the the President, Obama is the most popular and has been assigned the least blame.

Why should he negotiate?
  • kingblaze84
    edited October 2013
    Options
    whar wrote: »
    Why he is winning?

70% disapprove of the republican position while only 51% disapprove of Obama. Out of the three entities Republicans, Democrats and the the President, Obama is the most popular and has been assigned the least blame.

Why should he negotiate?

That same poll shows Obama's approval rating is now at 37%. Democrats will have a hard time winning in 2014 elections with Obama's low ass approval ratings as they stand, and the shutdown has lasted only 8 days. The longer this drags on, the more blame the president and all parties will get. Not negotiating can easily make us go over the cliff and default on our 16 trillion dollar debt. No side is innocent in this but if Obama continues to say he won't negotiate, then we all are gonna suffer if the debt ceiling isn't reached.

Diss Republicans all you want as I'm not a fan of Republicans either, but they won the House in 2010 and held it in 2012, we have to speak to them.
  • whar
    whar Members Posts: 347 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    He is running against Republicans with 5% approval rating. He is 5 times as popular compared to the republicans.

*edit* I would point out that Democrats 'won' the 2012 election in the house by them picking up 6 or 7 seats in the house.

Second point - 48% of voters vote for a Democrat in the house while only 46.5% voted for a Republican. Since Obama can not run again it will come down to popularity of parties in 2014.
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    He is running against Republicans with 5% approval rating. He is 5 times as popular compared to the republicans.

*edit* I would point out that Democrats 'won' the 2012 election in the house by them picking up 6 or 7 seats in the house.

Second point - 48% of voters vote for a Democrat in the house while only 46.5% voted for a Republican. Since Obama can not run again it will come down to popularity of parties in 2014.

Republicans don't have a 5% approval rating, Congress as a whole does. We'll see if what you say is accurate but if a Democrat President has a low approval rating of 37%, it won't be helpful to Dems if Obama campaigns for them in 2014.....
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What I wanna know...Is what is his actual option here?...What can he do as president to over ride all this ? ?...Nothing?...Are checks and balances really bout to send the country into default?
  • twatgetta
    Options
    So sad when negroes side with Obama just because he's Black. So glad I'm a Black man that can think for himself and realize that Obama is a housenigga, should b=played the Butler instead of Forest Whitaker. .
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    You have to fight one fight at a time ? . Supporting Obama because he's black is very plausible in this racist ass country. You want to know why? Because other races do the same ? .

All of these forefathers and past presidents get put on a pedestal just because, so in order to keep it even, we have to do the same. We can't play fair, while everyone else is playing by their own rules.

Trust me, a lot of us overstand what's going on the same way you do. You're not special.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    You have to fight one fight at a time ? . Supporting Obama because he's black is very plausible in this racist ass country. You want to know why? Because other races do the same ? .

All of these forefathers and past presidents get put on a pedestal just because, so in order to keep it even, we have to do the same. We can't play fair, while everyone else is playing by their own rules.

Trust me, a lot of us overstand what's going on the same way you do. You're not special.
    So follow the "Masters" Example or Show we are better with our own moves and righteous choices Decisions decisions???

• NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    So follow the "Masters" Example or Show we are better with our own moves and righteous choices Decisions decisions???

You can't win if the opponent is cheating, and making up the rules as they go along. So you're forced to "join forces" the same way they do just to make the playing field somewhat equal.

They say they want you successful, but then they make it stressful
    You start keepin pace, they start changin up the tempo
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    A1000MILES wrote: »
    What I wanna know...Is what is his actual option here?...What can he do as president to over ride all this ? ?...Nothing?...Are checks and balances really bout to send the country into default?

One option would be to delay Obamacare for maybe 6 months.....I say that cuz Obama and the Dems already have allowed over one hundred corporations and businesses to either delay Obamacare or exempt them from the law. Even many unions are demanding a delay or exemption, so a compromise of 6 months instead of the year Republicans are asking for would be a good start.

Democrats could have avoided all of this if they wouldv'e governed the right way from 2006-2010. But because they didn't, Republicans won the House, so now Obama and the Senate are in this mess now.....the biggest reason Democrats lost the House in 2010 was because many independents (like myself) stayed home instead of voting or voted 3rd party, due to our disgust with how Dems were running things (never ending war in Afghanistan, etc)
  • kingblaze84
    edited October 2013
    Options

I feel you but OBAMA HASN'T DONE ? FOR BLACK PEOPLE......nothing huge at least...so why be quick to defend him? He jumps when banks run by crackas want a huge bailout but everybody else has to hang tough. Meanwhile, banks got bailed out with 3 trillion of our taxpayer dollars and people in Cali, Chicago, Detroit, Cleveland and elsewhere see their homeless population double cuz we wana play babysitter to the war machine and banks that ? us over to begin with. ? that, and I voted for Obama in 2008 (not 2012)
  • kingblaze84
    edited October 2013
    Options
    A1000MILES wrote: »

One option would be to delay Obamacare for maybe 6 months.....I say that cuz Obama and the Dems already have allowed over one hundred corporations and businesses to either delay Obamacare or exempt them from the law. Even many unions are demanding a delay or exemption, so a compromise of 6 months instead of the year Republicans are asking for would be a good start.

Democrats could have avoided all of this if they wouldv'e governed the right way from 2006-2010. But because they didn't, Republicans won the House, so now Obama and the Senate are in this mess now.....the biggest reason Democrats lost the House in 2010 was because many independents (like myself) stayed home instead of voting or voted 3rd party, due to our disgust with how Dems were running things (never ending war in Afghanistan, etc)

How can you delay Obamacare at this point? It's already into effect.

A government shutdown is equivalent to a hissy fit.

The bolded: What about voter suppression? Also, people have to go out and actively vote for House seats. Many people don't even vote in those elections but conservatives, which is probably why they won.

The law doesn't officially take effect until Jan 2014 actually....people can sign up for exchanges now but the actual law itself (most of it at least) won't take place till next year.

As far as voter suppression, that's not a good excuse. Democrats won the House in 2006 and gained seats in 2008
  • Sicky Mouse
    Sicky Mouse Members Posts: 470 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    there will be a thread just like this for the next president.
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    there will be a thread just like this for the next president.

There might not een be a next president...
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    i would point out that the standard for "winning" the House/Senate is to have enough seats to control it. Democrats made gains, but did not "win."
    alright, now explain all the white Obama supporters

• Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    alright, now explain all the white Obama supporters

• Perhaps it might have something to do with Obama being a very likable guy

• Perhaps young white liberals view racism differently / as opposed to those older white voters who vote along racial lines

• Perhaps modern liberal women highly value their own personal female centric needs (health, children, economics) and see far better opportunity in Democratic leadership.
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    To the Obama fans AND Critics.....how did it all go so wrong?

It went wrong when every branch of government's approval ratings are at all-time lows. I strongly believe that the current sabotage of this government from the inside is calculated with the hopes that people will eventually forget about all the less-visible/interchangeable players (congress, supreme court and senate, governors, donors and lobbyists) and the figurehead for the blame of the U.S. gov't essentially being at a standstill for 8 years will be just one guy (and one political party).

It's a dangerous and cynical ruse but the public are just short-sighted enough that it could possibly work.
  • twatgetta
    Options

This is the ? way of seeing things. the REAL way to see it, is not play their ? game at all.

• twatgetta
    Options
    twatgetta wrote: »
    So sad when negroes side with Obama just because he's Black. So glad I'm a Black man that can think for himself and realize that Obama is a housenigga, should b=played the Butler instead of Forest Whitaker. .

So what does this have to do with the shutdown that was caused by the House Republicans who hate Obamacare?

I realize most of you hate Obama, which is your opinion. I'm not the biggest Obama fan, but objectively, I don't really understand how this is his fault.

Let most Obama supporter tell it none of this ? that's been crumbling since 2008 is his fault. that's the ? ' problem. you Obamabots rally behind this ? ass ? when he takes credit for something Bush put in place, but when it's something HE put in place his damn self yall can't call himn on that? that's called Coonism. turning a blind eye to this ? ' epic failures since 2008.

Fact is, the economy was in shambles prior to Obama but he just brought the whole house of card down by continuing doing the same ? Bush did. THAT'S HOW IT'S HIS FAULT. He didn't do ? to reverse the tide. He helped it right along.

You ? need to wake up and get off this Kenyan ? ' ? .

• SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^^
    If you want to be taken seriously in your criticisms of the first black president of the U.S. you might want to start with not referring to him as a ? and a ? .