Options

Comments

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    whar wrote: »
    Why he is winning?

70% disapprove of the republican position while only 51% disapprove of Obama. Out of the three entities Republicans, Democrats and the the President, Obama is the most popular and has been assigned the least blame.

Why should he negotiate?

That same poll shows Obama's approval rating is now at 37%. Democrats will have a hard time winning in 2014 elections with Obama's low ass approval ratings as they stand, and the shutdown has lasted only 8 days. The longer this drags on, the more blame the president and all parties will get. Not negotiating can easily make us go over the cliff and default on our 16 trillion dollar debt. No side is innocent in this but if Obama continues to say he won't negotiate, then we all are gonna suffer if the debt ceiling isn't reached.

Diss Republicans all you want as I'm not a fan of Republicans either, but they won the House in 2010 and held it in 2012, we have to speak to them.

How did that work out?...

The debt ceiling fight was only delayed, nobody won anything except 1 trillion dollars worth of more debt the nation will not be able to afford. The dollar will decrease further in value and the cost of living will continue to go up, all the meanwhile, of course, banks get their 85 billion dollar a month bailout LOL......nobody won this round, it's a big delay
  • kingblaze84
    edited October 2013
    Options
    http://washingtonexaminer.com/premiums-for-young-healthy-people-will-jump-in-45-states-under-obamacare/article/2537431

Premiums for young healthy people will jump in 45 states under Obamacare

Young people in 45 states will see their health insurance premiums increase under Obamacare because the law relies on the money they pay into the system to offset the cost of caring for older enrollees, according to a new study.

Virginia leads the pack, as individuals aged 27 and under will see their health insurance premiums jump by 252.5 percent -- $416.55 -- according to the Heritage Foundation

that's a good place to stop reading.

Other websites state the same thing, you want me to pull them up? Either way, an Obama picked rep who helped usher in the "Affordable" Care Act said herself she understands why young people wouldn't like this law much, that can't be denied.
  • kingblaze84
    edited October 2013
    Options
    All this talk about what has Barack Obama done for black people. Well, what the ? are Republicans Governors in Republican controlled states doing for black people besides restricting voting, putting cities under emergency management, blocking the Medicaid expansion under the Affordable Care Act and preventing thousands of uninsured low-income people from getting healthcare, defunding public education, building prisons, and passing shoot first gun laws like Stand Your Ground? These ? Republican Governors ain't doing ? to improve the plight of black people. All the real political action goes down in the ? states.

I never said I was a fan of Republicans but Obama is the president who has helped lock more Black people up (and more people in general) for non-violent drug crimes then ANY OTHER PRESIDENT EVER. I understand Republicans haven't been the most helpful but Obama is definitely not helping much himself either. Criticize Obama at a minimum, as close to the amount you wana criticize Republicans.

Blacks have lost ground under Obama, it's not all his fault of course but don't act like he's been a great help.
  • ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All this talk about what has Barack Obama done for black people. Well, what the ? are Republicans Governors in Republican controlled states doing for black people besides restricting voting, putting cities under emergency management, blocking the Medicaid expansion under the Affordable Care Act and preventing thousands of uninsured low-income people from getting healthcare, defunding public education, building prisons, and passing shoot first gun laws like Stand Your Ground? These ? Republican Governors ain't doing ? to improve the plight of black people. All the real political action goes down in the ? states.

I never said I was a fan of Republicans but Obama is the president who has helped lock more Black people up (and more people in general) for non-violent drug crimes then ANY OTHER PRESIDENT EVER. I understand Republicans haven't been the most helpful but Obama is definitely not helping much himself either. Criticize Obama at a minimum, as close to the amount you wana criticize Republicans.

Blacks have lost ground under Obama, it's not all his fault of course but don't act like he's been a great help.

Bruh, you said you an independent. In my eyes, ya'll nothing but closet Republicans who don't wanna be labeled a Republican to cause confusion in the political process. The ONLY independent I respect is Senator Bernie Sanders from Vermont because he's a 'Progressive' Independent. Rest of you ? ass ? can suck ? far as I'm concerned. You live in New Yawk right? Mayor Bloomberg is an independent. ? that racist, class-warfare son of a ? and his unconstitutional 'Stop and Frisk' policy.
  • kingblaze84
    edited October 2013
    Options

Bruh, you said you an independent. In my eyes, ya'll nothing but closet Republicans who don't wanna be labeled a Republican to cause confusion in the political process. The ONLY independent I respect is Senator Bernie Sanders from Vermont because he's a 'Progressive' Independent. Rest of you ? ass ? can suck ? far as I'm concerned. You live in New Yawk right? Mayor Bloomberg is an independent. ? that racist, class-warfare son of a ? and his unconstitutional 'Stop and Frisk' policy.

I'm a progressive independent you ? idiot. And you didn't refute anything I said, you just went off on a wild tangent. I don't like Michael Bloomberg either but what does he have to do with this? In fact, him and Obama have a whole lot in common. You do realize he supported Obama in the 2012 elections right? So I guess Obama supports unconstitutional policies and guess what??

Obama supports hacking into your emails and bank account passwords and other UNCONSTITUTIONAL policies....what were you saying about unconstitutional? Yeah I thought so.
  • whar
    whar Members Posts: 347 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Not sure what is up in New York but in California I just priced a bunch of plans.

Family of 4 making 45K per year gets Bronze coverage for $4 per month, and silver starts at $110.
  • kingblaze84
    edited October 2013
    Options
    http://www.capitalisminstitute.org/obamacare-not-fair/

Democrat: It’s “Not Fair” That We Have to Use Obamacare

Never underestimate the ability of a politician to have hideous character. No matter how low the bar is, they often find ways to set new all-time lows. Take Rep. John Larson (D., Conn.), for example. He explains that it’s “simply not fair” that Obamacare is hurting his staff because they’re poor — leading many to go home instead of continue working.

Yes, this means there are now Democrats complaining about how Obamacare disproportionately hurts the poor more than anyone else. This means we’re seeing them finally admit what should be obvious to anyone who is economically literate: when the government violates the market, the poor are harmed the most. From Forbes:

“Politico reports that ‘many on Capitol Hill fear it could lead to a brain drain” and notes that “[t]he problem is far more acute in the House, where lawmakers and aides are generally younger and less wealthy.’ What? Obamacare disproportionally hurts those with lower incomes? It may come as a surprise, but it shouldn’t. We’ve known this since before the legislation even passed.”

--AHHHH....so THIS is why Congress and it's staff gets exempted from having to use Obamacare LOL

• kingblaze84
    Options
    whar wrote: »
    Not sure what is up in New York but in California I just priced a bunch of plans.

Family of 4 making 45K per year gets Bronze coverage for $4 per month, and silver starts at $110.

Really? Cali has it good.....wish most of the nation has it as good.....
  • ZydecoShawty
    edited October 2013
    Options

I'm a progressive independent you ? idiot. And you didn't refute anything I said, you just went off on a wild tangent. I don't like Michael Bloomberg either but what does he have to do with this? In fact, him and Obama have a whole lot in common. You do realize he supported Obama in the 2012 elections right? So I guess Obama supports unconstitutional policies and guess what??

Obama supports hacking into your emails and bank account passwords and other UNCONSTITUTIONAL policies....what were you saying about unconstitutional? Yeah I thought so.
    Time for Obama to negotiate............

http://youtu.be/Zg2bO6uk96g

No, you're not ? .

• kingblaze84
    edited October 2013
    Options

Time for Obama to negotiate............

http://youtu.be/Zg2bO6uk96g

No, you're not ? .

I'm not even gonna watch that John Boehner video, I already said I'm not a fan of Republicans but I do understand why they hate Obamacare.......

And as far as you not believing I'm a progressive independent, I'm more of one then your failure of a leader Obama is. Obama being the ? MADE ? he is, believes in never ending wars, harsh jail time and laws for medical marijuana, and bailing out big banks and corporations while giving crumbs to the rest of America. He's also a ? hypocrite, giving exemptions to Congress for his failed Obamacare law while the rest of America has to pay for the UNaffordable Care Act.

A TRUE PROGRESSIVE would have fought HARD for single payer, not this ? law that's gonna rob the poor and middle class blind, with premiums we can barely afford in a weak economy.

And you have the ? nerve to say I'm not a progressive indepenent? How much ? did your ? of a mother smoke when she was pregnant with your ? ?
  • ZydecoShawty
    Options
    How the ? can a President be for never ending wars when the Iraq war was ended because of him with the war in Afghanistan ending next year? That bogus claim makes absolutely no sense.
  • ZydecoShawty
    Options
    And how the ? does members of Congress count as a legitimate claim of exemption from the Health Care law when they already get insurance paid for by U.S. tax payers just for being a member of Congress?
  • ZydecoShawty
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Eric Holder Outlining New Justice Department Drug Sentencing Reforms

WASHINGTON -- The Justice Department will avoid charging certain low-level and nonviolent drug offenders with crimes that carry mandatory minimums, Attorney General Eric Holder will announce Monday. The policy shift will allow certain defendants -- those without ties to large-scale organizations, gangs or cartels -- to avoid what Holder called "draconian mandatory minimum sentences."

Holder, in a speech before the American Bar Association in San Francisco on Monday, will also announce that the Justice Department is giving U.S. attorneys throughout the country a greater amount of prosecutorial discretion.

"Some issues are best handled at the state or local level," Holder will say, according to prepared remarks provided by the Justice Department. "And that’s why I have directed the United States Attorney community to develop specific, locally-tailored guidelines -- consistent with our national priorities -- for determining when federal charges should be filed, and when they should not."

The "Smart On Crime" plan that Holder is announcing intends to lower the overall federal prison population. As part of that measure, Holder will announce, elderly prisoners who committed no violent crimes and served a significant portion of their sentences may be eligible for early release.

"Today, a vicious cycle of poverty, criminality, and incarceration traps too many Americans and weakens too many communities," Holder will say. "However, many aspects of our criminal justice system may actually exacerbate this problem, rather than alleviate it."

Under the drug policy, Holder will say defendants would be "charged with offenses for which the accompanying sentences are better suited to their individual conduct, rather than excessive prison terms more appropriate for violent criminals or drug kingpins."

"By reserving the most severe penalties for serious, high-level, or violent drug traffickers, we can better promote public safety, deterrence, and rehabilitation -- while making our expenditures smarter and more productive," Holder will say.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/12/eric-holder-drug-sentencing_n_3741524.html

How does this equate to the Obama administration wanting to mass incarcerate black people?

Richard_Nixon.jpg

Ronald-Reagan-9453198-1-402.jpg

Who gave black people mass incarceration policy in the first place?

• ZydecoShawty
    edited October 2013
    Options
    http://www.capitalisminstitute.org/obamacare-not-fair/

Democrat: It’s “Not Fair” That We Have to Use Obamacare

Never underestimate the ability of a politician to have hideous character. No matter how low the bar is, they often find ways to set new all-time lows. Take Rep. John Larson (D., Conn.), for example. He explains that it’s “simply not fair” that Obamacare is hurting his staff because they’re poor — leading many to go home instead of continue working.

Yes, this means there are now Democrats complaining about how Obamacare disproportionately hurts the poor more than anyone else. This means we’re seeing them finally admit what should be obvious to anyone who is economically literate: when the government violates the market, the poor are harmed the most. From Forbes:

“Politico reports that ‘many on Capitol Hill fear it could lead to a brain drain” and notes that “[t]he problem is far more acute in the House, where lawmakers and aides are generally younger and less wealthy.’ What? Obamacare disproportionally hurts those with lower incomes? It may come as a surprise, but it shouldn’t. We’ve known this since before the legislation even passed.”

--AHHHH....so THIS is why Congress and it's staff gets exempted from having to use Obamacare LOL
    Larson on Vote to End Shutdown, Raise Debt Ceiling

(Washington) – Congressman John B. Larson released the following statement tonight after the U.S. House of Representatives voted in favor of reopening the government and raising the debt ceiling. Under the deal, the government would be funded through January 15th while the debt ceiling would be raised through February 7th:

"Tonight, Congress finally came to grips with what the American people have demanded and did its job. The government is funded and our debts are paid...for the time being. Let us hope that hostage politics are over and rational minds prevail.

"I applaud the President for his patience and persistence in paying the bills and not being held ransom by an ideological agenda of the few.

"It's long overdue for us to focus on job creation, economic recovery and help for a beleaguered middle class still struggling with access to quality education and affordable healthcare. There is a path forward. Job creation and the dignity of work are neither Democrat nor Republican ideas. They are American. It is time to stand up for America and the people we are sworn to serve."

http://www.larson.house.gov/index.php/news/press-releases/1800-larson-on-vote-to-end-shutdown-raise-debt-ceiling

If this Democrat supports the Republican position so much then how come he voted with Democrats to end the Government shutdown?
  • ZydecoShawty
    edited October 2013
    Options

Obama praises Homeland Security nominee

President Obama nominated attorney Jeh Johnson to lead the Department of Homeland Security on Friday, saying the former Pentagon general counsel has been an "absolutely critical member" of his national security team.

"As the Pentagon's top lawyer, he helped design and implement many of the policies that have kept our country safe," Obama said during a ceremony in the White House Rose Garden.

Obama noted that the Department of Homeland Security -- created after the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001 -- has responsibilities that range from hurricane response to border security to protecting the nation against terrorism.

Johnson, 56, a native of New York state who returned to private law practice last year, said he has special reasons for remembering the victims of 9/11: He was in Manhattan that day, and Sept. 11 is his birthday.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2013/10/18/obama-jeh-johnson-department-of-homeland-security/3008855/

If Obama supports Bloomberg and his unconstitutional policies how come he didn't nominate Bloomberg's police commissioner Ray Kelly as the new head of Homeland Security when Kelly was considered a strong candidate?

http://www.nytimes.com/roomfordebate/2013/07/22/ray-kelly-secretary-of-homeland-security/raymond-kellys-nomination-is-unfairly-impeded-by-charges-of-racial-profiling
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    How the ? can a President be for never ending wars when the Iraq war was ended because of him with the war in Afghanistan ending next year? That bogus claim makes absolutely no sense.

AHAHAHAHA!!! You actually think the war in Afghanistan ends next year? It doesn't end till 2025 and in fact, Obama wants to keep troops around longer then that. If you want the source let me know........
  • ZydecoShawty
    Options

AHAHAHAHA!!! You actually think the war in Afghanistan ends next year? It doesn't end till 2025 and in fact, Obama wants to keep troops around longer then that. If you want the source let me know........

No thanks, I don't trust people who take pride in spewing misinformation from right-wing websites.

• Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? 's be like. They reported it on other sites.

Word?
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    I don't like Michael Bloomberg either but what does he have to do with this? In fact, him and Obama have a whole lot in common. You do realize he supported Obama in the 2012 elections right? So I guess Obama supports unconstitutional policies and guess what??

also, let's be fair: Bloomberg is not a real "independent" in the same way we usually mean. he was a Democrat up until he wanted to run for office in 2001. he became a Republican to get an advantage in the primary and because short-sighted Republicans (looking at you specifically, Giuliani) were okay with it. he always had serious Democrat support and he dropped the Republican label once he was into his second term and didn't need it. this was, of course, before his "okay for me, but not for anyone else" thing about the third term (similar to Obama's drone policy in that respect, actually).

short version: him being an "independent" is a combination of Bloomberg gaming the system and being a piece of trash. ? that guy.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    Who gave black people mass incarceration policy in the first place?
    well, first off, it can't be Nixon AND Reagan. only one of them could have done it in the first place. and frankly, i am pretty sure politicians were trying to massive incarcerate black people prior to Nixon.

...however, as i have said before, Obama/Biden ran on a policy of massively restoring funding to the kind of police programs used to, you know, massively incarcerate black people when the ? GEORGE W BUSH administration managed to cut it somehow. and you know who's ALWAYS been a drug war (aka "massively incarcerating black people") hawk? Joe ? Biden. so i guess the point one would make is, so what if Nixon's a ? , does that give a Obama a pass for doing The Same Damn Thing?

• kingblaze84
    edited October 2013
    Options

No thanks, I don't trust people who take pride in spewing misinformation from right-wing websites.

You make this too easy for me....is Yahoo.com a right wing website?

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/top-4-obamacare-complaints-145344173.html

The debut of the Obamacare health insurance exchanges has been anything but smooth.

Three weeks after the exchanges opened, Americans are still having a tough time signing onto the Obamacare websites. And once they manage to get in, many aren't so happy with what they're finding.

Here are some of the major complaints from CNNMoney readers:

Complaint #3: The costs are too high

Some people trolling for insurance on the exchanges are questioning why Obamacare is called the "Affordable" Care Act.

Many who were uninsured before are feeling forced to buy pricey insurance they don't want. Others who had bare-bones individual plans are seeing the premium prices soar because the Obamacare plans are more comprehensive.

One North Carolina reader was upset to learn her current $267 a month plan was being canceled and the cheapest option on the exchange would cost her family $750 a month. They don't qualify for a subsidy.

"Obamacare is a nightmare for my family," she wrote.

Others were surprised to see how high the deductibles and out-of-pocket costs were in some plans. Deductibles for bronze plans, which carry the cheapest monthly charges, can run $5,000 to $6,000.

"This is like a catastrophic plan, said Deb Hornbacher of Colorado. "I am totally shocked and taken aback at how little it did provide at the level I could afford."

For others, however, Obamacare is a godsend. Many, particularly those with pre-existing conditions, weren't eligible or couldn't afford coverage before. Now, they can get insurance since health reform bans insurers from discriminating against those who had been sick.

Many people signing up for coverage are also eligible for federal subsidies, which can greatly reduce the monthly premiums.

Complaint #4: My employer is raising my premiums because of Obamacare

Several readers with employer-sponsored insurance say their premiums are going up for 2014, and blaming Obamacare.

Companies are also changing their plans because of Obamacare. UPS for instance is ending coverage for spouses with access to policies elsewhere, while Trader Joe's and Home Depot are shifting their part-time workers to the exchanges.

It's true that health reform is contributing to higher premiums and plan changes.

----What were you saying again??
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    http://video.msnbc.msn.com/andrea-mitchell/47265668#47265668

MSNBC is NOT a rightwing news network, they are known for being moderate and liberal in commentary....

Andrea Mitchell | May 02, 2012

How long will US troops stay in Afghanistan?
    The strategic partnership forged between the U.S. and Afghanistan commits a war-weary American public to at least another 12 years in the country.
    Tony Blinken, national security advisor to Vice President Joe Biden, discusses.
  • kingblaze84
    edited October 2013
    Options
    FuriousOne wrote: »
    ? 's be like. They reported it on other sites.

Word?

And you be like, also quoting websites yourself and ? .....
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sheeples support blindly regardless of the facts they love the lies told to them by their Party sheppards leading them to slaughter...
  • twatgetta
    twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://washingtonexaminer.com/premiums-for-young-healthy-people-will-jump-in-45-states-under-obamacare/article/2537431

Premiums for young healthy people will jump in 45 states under Obamacare

Young people in 45 states will see their health insurance premiums increase under Obamacare because the law relies on the money they pay into the system to offset the cost of caring for older enrollees, according to a new study.

Virginia leads the pack, as individuals aged 27 and under will see their health insurance premiums jump by 252.5 percent -- $416.55 -- according to the Heritage Foundation's Center for Data Analysis.

Virginians under the age of 50 will see their premiums jump by an even greater percentage, rising from $228 to $991.03.

Such increases are not a surprise to the law's architects. “I have always said when looking at this bill, that if I were a young person, I can see elements of this bill that I wouldn't like in the short run,” Henry Aaron, vice chairman of the D.C. health exchange, told the Washington Examiner last November.

Nevermind the facts, the facts don't matter to leachin' fools that want a Obama handout.