Sinking ship: Barack Obama's approval rating now at Bush levels-37%

Options

Comments

• Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    FuriousOne wrote: »
    I'm thinking, he couldn't have thought people actually wanted to keep those wack ass plans, but he was wrong..

Obama in 2012: If you LIKE your health insurance plan, you can KEEP IT

So you can admit Obama lied right?

Be careful with that Kat homie he caught feelings over me nosigning and wacking his posts I thought were wrong or wack and went through all my recent posts and wacked them like a scorned lil ? . Basically anyone that homotional and petty does not have a lot of sense or rationality so a logical honest answer is unlikely to come of your question...

LOL smh I'll keep that in mind haha

I'm sure you don't have to worry about that because you wouldn't initiate a situation that would have you crying in tears like a female while calling others names.. If you ask Salami the WOAT what started this, I'm sure he would claim victim. I'm sure you recall me telling you in the past to chill with the excessive wacking and convo with me here whether you agree or not. Now this ? in his feelings.. I hope this ? don't get too much in his feelings and commit that. Terrorist jihadi sand ? 's have a habit of taking others with them..
  • Jabu_Rule
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    I'm thinking, he couldn't have thought people actually wanted to keep those wack ass plans, but he was wrong..
    then frankly, he should explain why that is instead of flagrantly claiming he's ALWAYS said people would lose those plans.

I agree that he didn't make things very clear or at all. That is a failure on his part. I still think those low level plans were Wack (no soloman), but if others liked them, who am i to say?
  • twatgetta
    twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When I shut down the average ? on this topic offline, they have the same reactions as the fools online....confusion and embarrassment.
  • ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    then frankly, he should explain why that is instead of flagrantly claiming he's ALWAYS said people would lose those plans.

I agree that he didn't make things very clear or at all. That is a failure on his part. I still think those low level plans were Wack (no soloman), but if others liked them, who am i to say?

Bruh, I was a victim of one of those wack ass plans through my job. The enrollment online brochure made it seem like I had complete coverage but when I tried to use that ? , that's when I officially found out that I was sorely responsible for paying ALL medical charges and only had three doctor visits for an entire year!

I found all of this out on my own through experience of trying to use my so called 'health plan' while at the same time my so called 'insurer' would still be collecting their $80 bi-weekly premiums from my check without covering a single ? medical charge I had incurred.

I dropped that garbage ass plan immediately. I had signed up for that plan in October of last year and the plan didn't take affect until the beginning of this year. Just think of all the money I've lost paying premiums for a health coverage plan that didn't cover a single ? thing.

Basically, I was just paying all this money to an insurance company for a worthless card with my name on it that said I had health insurance through them.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options

Bruh, I was a victim of one of those wack ass plans through my job. The enrollment online brochure made it seem like I had complete coverage but when I tried to use that ? , that's when I officially found out that I was sorely responsible for paying ALL medical charges and only had three doctor visits for an entire year!

I found all of this out on my own through experience of trying to use my so called 'health plan' while at the same time my so called 'insurer' would still be collecting their $80 bi-weekly premiums from my check without covering a single ? medical charge I had incurred.

I dropped that garbage ass plan immediately. I had signed up for that plan in October of last year and the plan didn't take affect until the beginning of this year. Just think of all the money I've lost paying premiums for a health coverage plan that didn't cover a single ? thing.

Basically, I was just paying all this money to an insurance company for a worthless card with my name on it that said I had health insurance through them.

Will you sign up for Obamacare then? Haha.........
  • kingblaze84
    edited October 2013
    Options
    twatgetta wrote: »
    When I shut down the average ? on this topic offline, they have the same reactions as the fools online....confusion and embarrassment.

Yeah pretty much. It's to the point where Obama fans don't even wana discuss politics with me anymore because even they are embarrassed at what a joke Obama and his policies have become at this point. If Obamacare is the centerpiece of his presidency, then what a ? president he's been. In the end, he'll be remembered for being the first Black president, which is a positive thing. But it gets ugly from that point on.....cuz of him being an idiot, he's made it very hard for the next Black person to become prez someday...Obama fans have nothing to defend anymore.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    well, i grant you that we're not talking about a loss of America's Greatest Health Care Plans. to my mind the big offense is the blatant lie about it that continues even now. but i think i made that point, so redundancy ahoy

• ZydecoShawty
    Options

If your solution is for me to continue going without Healthcare, just use the emergency room in crisis, it says a lot about you, which I already figured about you anyway so what's the ? point of going back and forth for?

• kingblaze84
    edited October 2013
    Options

If your solution is for me to continue going without Healthcare, just use the emergency room in crisis, it says a lot about you, which I already figured about you anyway so what's the ? point of going back and forth for?

Hey if you like Obamacare and you wanna use it, go right on ahead. Depending on your income, you may pay a high amount like I would (exactly why I'm looking for alternatives instead of the ? I mean exchange) or you may pay a "low" amount (with high ass deductibles that you will have to pay before a plan covers you).

I'm assuming you wish to use Obamacare. Good luck with that bruh. Hopefully you won't have to pay $1700 (or more) before your insurance covers only 70% of your costs while paying high co-pays.
  • ZydecoShawty
    edited October 2013
    Options

Hey if you like Obamacare and you wanna use it, go right on ahead. Depending on your income, you may pay a high amount like I would (exactly why I'm looking for alternatives instead of the ? I mean exchange) or you may pay a "low" amount (with high ass deductibles that you will have to pay before a plan covers you).

I'm assuming you wish to use Obamacare. Good luck with that bruh. Hopefully you won't have to pay $1700 (or more) before your insurance covers only 70% of your costs while paying high co-pays.

Translation:

Continue going without healthcare.

Okay, I got you buddy. No need for this conversation to go any further.
  • kingblaze84
    Options

Translation:

Okay. Good luck saving for retirement.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Options

Translation:

Really? Retirement? So when companies take away pensions because well, they can, what then? What will happen when you spend all of your retirement on health problems which is bound to happened without proper coverage. What alternatives are there to Obamacare other then the system of ? with far less then 70% coverage and denials left and right because of the most obscure claims? People shouldn't be going bankrupt after paying into their insurance for years.
  • kingblaze84
    edited October 2013
    Options

Translation:

Really? Retirement? So when companies take away pensions because well, they can, what then? What will happen when you spend all of your retirement on health problems which is bound to happened without proper coverage. What alternatives are there to Obamacare other then the system of ? with far less then 70% coverage and denials left and right because of the most obscure claims? People shouldn't be going bankrupt after paying into their insurance for years.

I'm all for people having healthcare. I'm all for people having the means and ability to help pay for it too. That doesn't mean I'm a fan of forcing people to buy expensive as hell policies that's going to crush the economy because people will have even less money to spend on luxuries, retirement, and consuming products that keeps America going.

Single payer is not a perfect system of course, but it's certainly better then this horrible, atrocious law. People who are BARELY making a living raising kids or raising themselves in this dying American economy are going to be paying high deductibles and premiums per month cuz of this law, this isn't something we can afford. This is why most Americans hate the law and want to delay it. 70% want to delay it in fact. People just can't afford this ? , Obama and others should have fought for single payer instead. This law isn't the way to go, it needs to be delayed for a year or two to make changes, or just die a quick death to make way for single payer. So yes, there is an alternative to the UNaffordable Care Act.

We should also have legalized (voluntary) euthanasia to keep healthcare costs down for those who can't afford million dollar surgeries and operations, but that's a whole other subject.
  • _Jay_
    _Jay_ Members, Administrators Posts: 3,689 My Name Is My Name.
    edited October 2013
    Options
    The "sinking ship" analogy is because of the constant bad news...the analogy IS warranted, but I think he'll be able to right the situation...I'm also sure there'll be additional bad news in the future, so...I think his ratings will improve, but doubt they ever reach their original "ceiling".

The subsidies haven't kicked in, and I hate that so many ppl are gettin hit with sticker shock and that's not being discussed. At the same time...can't blame em for voicing their displeasure.

The website itself...of course it's gonna have glitches. 5-10 years from now, that'll be completely in the past, and it'll be ? that's forgotten completely. Social Security as a program took years to get off the ground as well as Medicare...like 3 years? And who knows anyone who complains about that?? So, I'm not expecting things to right themselves immediately. I will be glad when someone gets it into their head to laud all the good things that come down the pipeline, similar to the way the media's hyped the bad things and the frustration. I hear more news media with the doom and gloom than actual ppl.

With all that said...I don't agree with how the POTUS handled the "u can keep your current plans" situation. When he first said it, I took it with a grain of salt because...just due to the size and scoop of what was goin on, I felt that was highly unlikely. I know Republicans in HR positions who would actively do what they could to prove the president wrong, and/or have older policies eliminated/changed, just to spite him, so when I heard him say that ppl could keep their current plans, I knew that was gonna be a problem. I'd have rather he just gave the ugly truth about that, and then move on, but that wasn't the route he took. THAT is the sole issue I have with what's goin on with ACA.
  • _Jay_
    Options
    I'd prefer for the Republicans to stop trying to dismantle it, and come up with a way so that nothing actually came outta anyone's pocket. Or...the most that ANY US citizen would have to pay would be like for co-pays (no premiums). The ACA itself should still be considered a work in progress, and "tweaked" until our healthcare is truly universal...and free.

And not just Republicans, Democrats can and should come up with their own ideas to make that happen. But I doubt it'll happen anytime soon...would love to be proven wrong on that tho.
  • _Jay_
    Options
    Oh...I rarely debate, online or off. These are just my thoughts on the matter...I might come back and engage, but prolly won't. So, no diss intended, in advance.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Options

Translation:

I'm all for people having healthcare. I'm all for people having the means and ability to help pay for it too. That doesn't mean I'm a fan of forcing people to buy expensive as hell policies that's going to crush the economy because people will have even less money to spend on luxuries, retirement, and consuming products that keeps America going.

Single payer is not a perfect system of course, but it's certainly better then this horrible, atrocious law. People who are BARELY making a living raising kids or raising themselves in this dying American economy are going to be paying high deductibles and premiums per month cuz of this law, this isn't something we can afford. This is why most Americans hate the law and want to delay it. 70% want to delay it in fact. People just can't afford this ? , Obama and others should have fought for single payer instead. This law isn't the way to go, it needs to be delayed for a year or two to make changes, or just die a quick death to make way for single payer. So yes, there is an alternative to the UNaffordable Care Act.

We should also have legalized (voluntary) euthanasia to keep healthcare costs down for those who can't afford million dollar surgeries and operations, but that's a whole other subject.

Let me rephrase that, is there a realistic alternative to the current healthcare that isn't going back to the wackness that we just came from, because not having healthcare and going to emergency rooms or going bankrupt isn't going to work. You know what else isn't going to work in this current environment that you seem to ignore while posting links from the same people who are preventing it in the first place? Single Payer. You know why? Because the same people talking about delaying it, are the same people talking about killing it and offering nothing else other then voucher systems that get you nothing and does nothing to correct the screwed up way the previous system ran. The more people on the healthcare bandwagon, the cheaper it will get.. You can't compare the wack ass health plans that people fraudulently were concerned about because they offered nothing unlike the marginally more expensive Obamacare that actually gives returns of 70% rather then 0%.. We can't be out here talking bout if you drive then of course you should insure. ? , you a walking liability and a cost to the everyone every time you walk in the ER with a common cold. I actually agree with euthanasia to a point but Obama wasn't the one running around yelling about Death Panels even though that option wasn't even bought up..
  • kingblaze84
    edited November 2013
    Options

Translation:

Let me rephrase that, is there a realistic alternative to the current healthcare that isn't going back to the wackness that we just came from, because not having healthcare and going to emergency rooms or going bankrupt isn't going to work. You know what else isn't going to work in this current environment that you seem to ignore while posting links from the same people who are preventing it in the first place? Single Payer. You know why? Because the same people talking about delaying it, are the same people talking about killing it and offering nothing else other then voucher systems that get you nothing and does nothing to correct the screwed up way the previous system ran. The more people on the healthcare bandwagon, the cheaper it will get.. You can't compare the wack ass health plans that people fraudulently were concerned about because they offered nothing unlike the marginally more expensive Obamacare that actually gives returns of 70% rather then 0%.. We can't be out here talking bout if you drive then of course you should insure. ? , you a walking liability and a cost to the everyone every time you walk in the ER with a common cold. I actually agree with euthanasia to a point but Obama wasn't the one running around yelling about Death Panels even though that option wasn't even bought up..

Obamacare is not a good alternative because IT IS TOO ? EXPENSIVE FOR THE AVG AMERICAN WITHOUT HEALTH INSURANCE. Single payer is not favored by Republicans true, but many independents and Democrats do support it. I'm sure it's a very popular idea among Americans based on polls I've seen. That is what should have been fought for, even in a losing effort (in this environment politically). To tell Americans they MUST sign up for expensive as hell exchanges is ridiculous and not something people are going to be enthusiastic about.

Let's talk about my homegirl for a minute who has two kids. The cheapest plan she saw was $312 a month to cover her and her fam on the website. She makes ten bucks an hour LOL how the ? can she afford that in NY? Really anywhere? The Unaffordable Care Act will still leave a shitload of people uninsured cuz many can't afford this. The law has to be changed like crazy or destroyed the way slavery and prohibition was destroyed. Cuz at this rate, young and healthy people aren't gonna ? with this, including myself. I have retirement to save for, and I'll gladly wait for single payer to arrive or at least until more affordable health insurance comes along, something I'm close to finding thanks to some research I'm doing in NY (amgmedicalgroup.com)......those without health insurance aren't ? with the website for a reason homie, aside from the neverending glitches on the site.
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    Good commentary by a reporter working for The Reporter........she states she won't be able to afford this law, as many can't with the high cost of living in America these days

http://www.thereporter.com/opinion/ci_24376988/jeriann-eakin-cant-afford-obamacare

JeriAnn Eakin: Can't afford Obamacare

By JeriAnn Eakin

Earlier this week, in an attempt to defend the failure of the Obamacare website, President Obama stated the following: "Through the marketplaces, you can get health insurance for what may be the equivalent of your cell phone bill."

Well, my cell phone bill is $79 per month, so let's test that statement against the facts.

The government has had 3 1/2 years to set up the website and it's a disaster. It spent $394 million for a website that doesn't work. If the website is that flawed, how many more problems will we face as the law is actually implemented?

Democratic Sen. Jeanne Shaheen wrote a letter to Obama on Tuesday asking him to extend open enrollment for individuals because of the website failure, but even if they fix the site, it won't help. The deductibles that young people are finding they will have to pay are way too high, so if they are healthy, they will opt out and pay the tax instead.

According to Kaiser Health News, thousands of people who have cheaper plans because they don't need the services that the "minimum level of care" condition in the health care law requires, are receiving letters kicking them off their health-care plans. They are being told to register through the exchanges, which will cost them more for services they won't ever use.

Obama was wrong when he said if we liked our health care plans and our doctors, we would be able to keep them. Some are finding their doctors have opted out, so they will have to pay double or even higher their current premiums to keep their current doctors because of this "minimum level of care" condition in the law.

According to one study, younger males will pay double in premiums what they are currently paying, and younger females up to 62 percent more. That's just downright "unaffordable." Most Americans who are living in a "part-time economy" can't afford this kind of increase, which may leave more people uninsured than when we got started.
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited November 2013
    Options

Obamacare is not a good alternative because IT IS TOO ? EXPENSIVE FOR THE AVG AMERICAN WITHOUT HEALTH INSURANCE. Single payer is not favored by Republicans true, but many independents and Democrats do support it. I'm sure it's a very popular idea among Americans based on polls I've seen. That is what should have been fought for, even in a losing effort (in this environment politically). To tell Americans they MUST sign up for expensive as hell exchanges is ridiculous and not something people are going to be enthusiastic about.

Let's talk about my homegirl for a minute who has two kids. The cheapest plan she saw was $312 a month to cover her and her fam on the website. She makes ten bucks an hour LOL how the ? can she afford that in NY? Really anywhere? The Unaffordable Care Act will still leave a shitload of people uninsured cuz many can't afford this. The law has to be changed like crazy or destroyed the way slavery and prohibition was destroyed. Cuz at this rate, young and healthy people aren't gonna ? with this, including myself. I have retirement to save for, and I'll gladly wait for single payer to arrive or at least until more affordable health insurance comes along, something I'm close to finding thanks to some research I'm doing in NY (amgmedicalgroup.com)......those without health insurance aren't ? with the website for a reason homie, aside from the neverending glitches on the site.

From that very website ? .

FAMILY PLANS FOR $446.00 PER MONTH

Do they cover rare disease or broken legs? What's the cap for the year if the expenses are too much? What if the procedure is 20 thou? Good luck when you trip down some stairs at 45. Medicare will not cover that and I'm sure you will not be retired yet at that point. Not wishing that on you, just saying, life is that random. Your friend has two kids and I'm sure she's not getting any good ass apartments in NY at $10 an hour pre obamacare either but with those kids, i imagine she actually is covered for a lot more then you claiming. What's her rent like btw? Section 8? Anybody bring in money in her household? This picture isn't clear enough at all.

I'm sure they'll fix the website but you're not signing up so what do you care? Being that you in NYC though, how are you having issues with the website when after you put in your zip, it takes you to a NYC based website? I'm sure things would have worked better if red states provided their own portals.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ehhh it won't be until a significant amount of time passes that the real cost and effects of the law can be seen.

It's too soon, has it even been a month yet?
  • kingblaze84
    edited November 2013
    Options

Do they cover rare disease or broken legs? What's the cap for the year if the expenses are too much? What if the procedure is 20 thou? Good luck when you trip down some stairs at 45. Medicare will not cover that and I'm sure you will not be retired yet at that point. Not wishing that on you, just saying, life is that random. Your friend has two kids and I'm sure she's not getting any good ass apartments in NY at $10 an hour pre obamacare either but with those kids, i imagine she actually is covered for a lot more then you claiming. What's her rent like btw? Section 8? Anybody bring in money in her household? This picture isn't clear enough at all.

I'm sure they'll fix the website but you're not signing up so what do you care? Being that you in NYC though, how are you having issues with the website when after you put in your zip, it takes you to a NYC based website? I'm sure things would have worked better if red states provided their own portals.

You and Obama don't get it. This is penalizing people for not being able to afford healthcare, how is this the consumers fault for the most part when the govt printing dollars like Monopoly money is the reason why people can't afford this via inflation? Costs are only gona get higher as young people ? on this law by deciding to pay the penalty over and over again. If people don't have health insurance, that's on them. Don't penalize the people, fight for single payer instead, that will help Americans even more.

You mention the site in NY but notice if you look online many people aren't signing up for it, they're shocked at the prices lol.....don't make me pull out stats of enrollment......
  • kingblaze84
    edited November 2013
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Ehhh it won't be until a significant amount of time passes that the real cost and effects of the law can be seen.

It's too soon, has it even been a month yet?

People have to save up for retirement NOW. At this very moment, this is not something most Americans can afford, especially those with kids. Train fares are going up, rent is going up and so are diapers and food. Is NOW really the time to raise even further the cost of living...? How much time should we give this law?
  • Jabu_Rule
    Options
    !

You and Obama don't get it. This is penalizing people for not being able to afford healthcare, how is this the consumers fault for the most part when the govt printing dollars like Monopoly money is the reason why people can't afford this via inflation? Costs are only gona get higher as young people ? on this law by deciding to pay the penalty over and over again. If people don't have health insurance, that's on them. Don't penalize the people, fight for single payer instead, that will help Americans even more.

You mention the site in NY but notice if you look online many people aren't signing up for it, they're shocked at the prices lol.....don't make me pull out stats of enrollment......

I noticed you did nothing to explain what would occur if an emergency came up, you have no insurance, and your savings is looking like the only thing keeping you from bankruptcy. You also glossed over that worthless site that you so called researched that offers more expensive family insurance for your homegirl, but would deny real emergencies or have you pay far more out of pocket.
  • kingblaze84
    edited November 2013
    Options
    !

I noticed you did nothing to explain what would occur if an emergency came up, you have no insurance, and your savings is looking like the only thing keeping you from bankruptcy. You also glossed over that worthless site that you so called researched that offers more expensive family insurance for your homegirl, but would deny real emergencies or have you pay far more out of pocket.

If an emergency comes up, I'll be fine don't worry about me. It's my responsibility, not yours or the bumbling failure known as Obama. Let me worry about it and others without insurance worry about it. FORCING people to buy into this wack ass law and be penalized for it is unacceptable, only 6 people enrolled in Obamacare the first day LOL, people aren't feeling the Unaffordable Care Act, despite your desperate attempts to make this law seem cool. If it's so cool why is it so ? expensive? Blame the insurance companies if you want, but Obama being a ? idiot, he's forcing us to sign up to these insurance companies LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forcing people to buy an expensive product that was written by large insurance companies looking to make extra millions is NOT GUCCI. 85% of Americans were satisfied with their health coverage before this terrible law took place, and those without insurance somehow made it out alright for the most part. The "worthless" site I mentioned may be just that, my research isn't done but again, I shouldn't be forced into anything. If Obama wants to make a law that says the uninsured will not get coverage for major surgeries if they can't afford it, then he should fight for that.

I predict this law will get even more unpopular as time goes on, and it absolutely will fail in a matter of time. The young and healthy aren't signing up for this ? , and the without us, the Unaffordable Care Act will collapse under its own weight as it can no longer afford itself. And meanwhile, Obama's approval ratings remain low, 41% according to Gallup.