What's going on in Miami dolphins locker room?

Options

Comments

• wmj710
    wmj710 Members Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's starting to look like they may have just been having a homosexual relationship that went bad.
  • smokelahoma
    smokelahoma Members Posts: 6,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wmj710 wrote: »
    It's starting to look like they may have just been having a homosexual relationship that went bad.

LOL WUT!?
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The leadership was ? from the top i mean the GM told Martin to confront Icognito .. thats not what leader of an organization says.. You take it seriously and handle it..

Should he have.. yes if that was in him not everyone is the same and handles situations the same

Brandon Marshall spoke eloquently about the situations

• MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    . How does it even get to $1, 000. They out here ordering everything on the menu.

i heard it gets past that cause of the drinks they order. You got 20 or 30 players from the team and they get a couple bottles of the most expensive ? that adds up.

• A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can't believe we lost to these "meh" ass ? . Smh
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's almost like the team doesn't care for Martin as a person and they all coming together to assassinate his character mean while making Incognito to look like a good guy and great leader. Smh, I thought Cam Wake and Mike Wallace was triller than that.

But then the story of Richie jumping to Martin's defense when he got in to it with Dion Jordan in practice surfaced. ? is getting weirder and weirder, I think maybe the coache's had more to do with it then they leading people to believe.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    . How does it even get to $1, 000. They out here ordering everything on the menu.

Chris Cooley has a radio show here in DC and he explained that ? . He said it's common to go out to dinner, tell the rookie he's paying then start doing ? like ordering $130 shots of liquor all night.
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anyone defending Martin for being a ? is a ? ... Now incognito never should've used a racial slur but I've called my good friends mixed breed mutts and I only say ? like that to them because I feel where cool.

Also if everybody including incognito who actually was proud of Martin (which was stated when the players got up and left the table when Martin sat down) he might've just had the impression that's how close they where. *note that you haven't heard the voicemail and at the end of the voicemail (which most reporters leave out) Incognito told Martin to call him back.

Why didn't Martin just talk to someone or stand up for himself. I can't respect Martin period.
  • Tymoney19
    Tymoney19 Members Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Martin will be famous for being a ?
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anyone defending Martin for being a ? is a ? ... Now incognito never should've used a racial slur but I've called my good friends mixed breed mutts and I only say ? like that to them because I feel where cool.

Also if everybody including incognito who actually was proud of Martin (which was stated when the players got up and left the table when Martin sat down) he might've just had the impression that's how close they where. *note that you haven't heard the voicemail and at the end of the voicemail (which most reporters leave out) Incognito told Martin to call him back.

Why didn't Martin just talk to someone or stand up for himself. I can't respect Martin period.

but how do you know that he didn't tell anyone? and nobody knows exactly what sort of harassment (or lack thereof) took place, but opting not to stand up for yourself (either by fighting or by words) doesn't give someone the right to keep mistreating you (if that's what happened)

Now what do we know? Essentiailly, Martin quit on the team. Thats the real ? move. Not the part where he allowed incognito to treat him any certain way. That's on Richie
  • playmaker88
    Options
    Some cats will accept anything because.. hey everyone does it.. and has been doing it... yall are idiots
  • fightforolddc
    fightforolddc Members Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dunno I was in the "? that redneck ? " camp but the more i read the more it seems like Incognito wasn't speakin out of hate just ignorance

http://fansided.com/2013/11/06/richie-incognito-defended-jonathan-martin-field-fight-dion-jordan/
    According to Orlando Alzugaray of 640 Sports, Martin got into a fight with defensive end Dion Jordan during practice and Incognito was the man that stepped up to defend his teammate.

Sounds like Incognito is trill and that's why his teammates still ? w/ him.

• infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Pouncey told Carter, the Hall of Famer later relayed, that Martin had considered quitting football long before leaving the team.

Carter said Pouncey told him: “There were times he struggled as a rookie and contemplated, ‘Am I cut out for this?’ ”
  • playmaker88
    edited November 2013
    Options
    the relationship was complicated @ best but to say because someone stood up for someone and was in all appearances a friend therefore he couldnt bare responsibility for is own actions against that individual is suspending reality.. it happens all the time and the "locker room" must be true
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    I dunno I was in the "? that redneck ? " camp but the more i read the more it seems like Incognito wasn't speakin out of hate just ignorance

http://fansided.com/2013/11/06/richie-incognito-defended-jonathan-martin-field-fight-dion-jordan/
    According to Orlando Alzugaray of 640 Sports, Martin got into a fight with defensive end Dion Jordan during practice and Incognito was the man that stepped up to defend his teammate.

Sounds like Incognito is trill and that's why his teammates still ? w/ him.

Those the only one's though. Even players on his old team The Rams said some bad ? about Incognito. You don't get voted the dirtiest player in the league for being a good teammate...you get it for being a player who they all pretty much agree is ? up.
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    incognito or any other offensive linemen jumping into a scuffle involving a defensive player isn't really a big deal and in no way proves any sort of genuine friendship existed between the two, nor does it show incognito was making a special effort. He would have done that with any player on that unit and i'm sure he wasn't the only one to jump in the fight
  • fightforolddc
    fightforolddc Members Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He might be an a ? ballplayer and a ? up human being but racist ... don't seem like it. I always hear players talk about "so and so is a guy you hate if he's on the other team, love if hes on your team." Seems like he's gotten kicked off teams for being quick to throw hands and assault people lol. But he was voted team captain by the players so im just sayin i doubt they gon ride with him if hes prejudiced.
  • playmaker88
    Options
    He might be an a ? ballplayer and a ? up human being but racist ... don't seem like it. I always hear players talk about "so and so is a guy you hate if he's on the other team, love if hes on your team." Seems like he's gotten kicked off teams for being quick to throw hands and assault people lol. But he was voted team captain by the players so im just sayin i doubt they gon ride with him if hes prejudiced.

C'mon son
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hope Richie get reinstated tomorrow

Let my white ? ball
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? let white folk get too comfortable.. ain't no honorary black folk cuz when ? hit the fan they gonna show true colors and turn white on yo ass... Ain't no white person calling me ? or ? without a fight ensuing.
  • aneed123
    Options
    Also mia will do anything to save their ass in this which includeds assassinating Martins character in the media. The difference in the tone if their voice last week when brought up to how it is now is telling
  • playmaker88
    Options
    (On if he knew about anything regarding the situation before Sunday) - “I believe in the guys in our locker room. I believe in our coaching staff. I’m very prevalent around the building. That’s all I’m going to say on it.”

(On if he is satisfied with the leadership on the team) - “I think we have men in the locker room that care about one another, that set a great example for one another. They care about each other. They communicate well. I told you, I believe in the guys in the locker room.”

LOCKER ROOM.....
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Also mia will do anything to save their ass in this which includeds assassinating Martins character in the media. The difference in the tone if their voice last week when brought up to how it is now is telling

You talking about the front office right? Cause the players don't like this ? at all.
  • aneed123
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »

You talking about the front office right? Cause the players don't like this ? at all.

I saw the coach deny all that ? last week.... Now flip his tone...
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Written by Jason "the ? " Whitlock

Mass incarceration has turned segments of Black America so upside down that a tatted-up, N-word-tossing white goon is more respected and accepted than a soft-spoken, highly intelligent black Stanford graduate.

According to a story in the Miami Herald, black Dolphins players granted Richie Incognito "honorary" status as a black man while feeling little connection to Jonathan Martin.

Welcome to Incarceration Nation, where the mindset of the Miami Dolphins' locker room mirrors the mentality of a maximum-security prison yard and where a wide swath of America believes the nonviolent intellectual needs to adopt the tactics of the barbarian.

I don't blame Jonathan Martin for walking away from the Dolphins and checking himself into a hospital seeking treatment for emotional distress. The cesspool of insanity that apparently is the Miami locker room would test the mental stability of any sane man. Martin, the offspring of Harvard grads, a 24-year-old trained at some of America's finest academic institutions, is a first-time offender callously thrown into an Attica prison cell with Incognito and Aaron Hernandez's BFF Mike Pouncey. Dolphins warden Jeff Ireland and deputy warden Joe Philbin put zero sophisticated thought into what they were doing when they drafted Martin in the second round in 2012.

You don't put Jonathan Martin in a cell with Incognito and Pouncey. You draft someone else, and let another team take Martin. The Dolphins don't have the kind of environment to support someone with Martin's background. It takes intelligence and common sense to connect with and manage Martin. Those attributes appear to be in short supply in Miami.

"Richie is honorary," a black former Dolphins player told Miami Herald reporter Armando Salguero. "I don't expect you to understand because you're not black. But being a black guy, being a brother is more than just about skin color. It's about how you carry yourself. How you play. Where you come from. What you've experienced. A lot of things."

I'm black. And I totally understand the genesis of this particular brand of stupidity and self-hatred. Mass Incarceration, its bastard child, Hurricane Illegitimacy, and their marketing firm, commercial hip-hop music, have created a culture that perpetrates the idea that authentic blackness is criminal, savage, uneducated and irresponsible. The tenets of white supremacy and bigotry have been injected into popular youth culture. The blackest things a black man can do are loudly spew the N-word publicly and react violently to the slightest sign of disrespect or disagreement.

He's still a ? ..but he's right.