What's going on in Miami dolphins locker room?

Options

Comments

• MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? we got some ? in here
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    too many ? wrong with this story. martin a ? ? if this true cuz all the pics it seem like him and richie good friends, richie an igornant ? for taking that ? too far by calling him ? and ? . and the locker room.... man idk
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Terrell Pryor saluted Martin
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Matt- wrote: »
    Anyone defending Martin for being a ? is a ? ... Now incognito never should've used a racial slur but I've called my good friends mixed breed mutts and I only say ? like that to them because I feel where cool.

Also if everybody including incognito who actually was proud of Martin (which was stated when the players got up and left the table when Martin sat down) he might've just had the impression that's how close they where. *note that you haven't heard the voicemail and at the end of the voicemail (which most reporters leave out) Incognito told Martin to call him back.

Why didn't Martin just talk to someone or stand up for himself. I can't respect Martin period.

but how do you know that he didn't tell anyone? and nobody knows exactly what sort of harassment (or lack thereof) took place, but opting not to stand up for yourself (either by fighting or by words) doesn't give someone the right to keep mistreating you (if that's what happened)

Now what do we know? Essentiailly, Martin quit on the team. Thats the real ? move. Not the part where he allowed incognito to treat him any certain way. That's on Richie
    I clearly stated that it's not right what incognito did but what Martin did was worse. Martin got Ireland fired, he potentially could get the coach fired, he got Incognito cut (you know incognito isn't as bad as the media is portraying him and I'm not saying he's a good guy), he could be the cause for other players getting cut he has everyone's leadership in questioned... It's clear he didn't talk to his teammates listen to them.

Even the media members are now saying incognito probably will be back in the NFL and now it seems Martin might be the one who won't be in the league long. He broke locker room code he can't be trusted.
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Valentinez A. Kaiser Members Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I still can't wrap my head around how a 6'5 300+lbs man gets bullied to the point of quitting and ending up in hospital due to "emotional distress"....

tumblr_m5w1yjtVTt1qjb32n.gif
  • BlackxChild
    Options
    I still can't wrap my head around how a 6'5 300+lbs man gets bullied to the point of quitting and ending up in hospital due to "emotional distress"....

tumblr_m5w1yjtVTt1qjb32n.gif
    It's not just getting bullied out of a job it's getting bullied out of millions.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    He's going to sue bruh...he's not trying to leave empty handed
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Jonathan Martin’s toughness is not at issue. Jonathan has started every game with the Miami Dolphins since he was drafted in 2012. At Stanford, he was the anchor for Jim Harbaugh’s “smash mouth” brand of football and he protected Andrew Luck’s blind side.

The issue is Jonathan’s treatment by his teammates. Jonathan endured harassment that went far beyond the traditional locker room hazing. For the entire season-and-a-half that he was with the Dolphins, he attempted to befriend the same teammates who subjected him to the abuse with the hope that doing so would end the harassment. This is a textbook reaction of victims of bullying. Despite these efforts, the taunting continued. Beyond the well-publicized voice mail with its racial epithet, Jonathan endured a malicious physical attack on him by a teammate, and daily ? comments such as the quote at the bottom. These facts are not in dispute.

Eventually, Jonathan made a difficult choice. Despite his love for football, Jonathan left the Dolphins. Jonathan looks forward to getting back to playing football. In the meantime, he will cooperate fully with the NFL investigation.

Quote from teammate: “We are going to run train on your sister. . . . She loves me. I am going to f–k her without a condom and c– in her c—.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/07/david-cornwells-statement-regarding-jonathan-martin/
  • BlackxChild
    Options
    Did he ever take a serious approach and tell the players to stop? I've actually said ? like that when I'm talking to a friend about their wife sister or mother. People know it's a joke if someone has a serious problem with it they need to speak up or I'm going to get worse.
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/dolphins/2013/11/07/richie-incognito-jonathan-martin-david-cornwell/3469867/
    Jonathan Martin's attorney fires back at Dolphins

DAVIE, Fla. – As Miami Dolphins players heaped more criticism on teammate Jonathan Martin Thursday, the offensive tackle's camp shot back with famed sports attorney David Cornwell.

Cornwell, who has defended athletes such as Alex Rodriguez and Ryan Braun, is representing Martin while the NFL investigates allegations of workplace abuse by offensive guard Richie Incognito that caused Martin to leave the team last week. On Thursday night, Cornwell released a statement addressing some of the comments made by players this week.

"Jonathan Martin's toughness is not at issue. Jonathan has started every game with the Miami Dolphins since he was drafted in 2012," the statement said. "The issue is Jonathan's treatment by his teammates. Jonathan endured harassment that went far beyond the traditional locker room hazing. For the entire season-and-a-half that he was with the Dolphins, he attempted to befriend the same teammates who subjected him to the abuse with the hope that doing so would end the harassment. This is a textbook reaction of victims of bullying. Despite these efforts, the taunting continued. Beyond the well-publicized voicemail with its racial epithet, Jonathan endured a malicious physical attack on him by a teammate, and daily ? comments such as the quote at the bottom. These facts are not in dispute.

"Eventually, Jonathan made a difficult choice. Despite his love for football, Jonathan left the Dolphins. Jonathan looks forward to getting back to playing football. In the meantime, he will cooperate fully with the NFL investigation."

Earlier Thursday, the Dolphins tried to direct their attention to Monday's game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

"I'm not concerned about any of that stuff," Dolphins coach Joe Philbin repeatedly said when asked about the allegations of player misconduct inside of the organization. "My focus is on Tampa Bay and getting our players to help them reach our potential, individually and as a football team."

Players offered support for Incognito Wednesday, and on Thursday they expressed displeasure with the way Martin handled his issues.

"I just feel like some things, he chose to leave and when he left, he realized he left the premises and was like, 'Oh shoot, now I have to give an explanation of why I left
    ,' which is going to drag Richie into it and to throw other people into the mess and it's like, come on. You chose to do what you did," offensive tackle Bryant McKinnie said. "You left. That was on you. And it's like, just end this whole thing. Whatever you're going to do, make your decision, end this thing and let's get this thing figured out.

"He can move on, Richie can move on. What does he plan to do? I don't get it. What does he plan to do? He's just going to keep hanging out there, until what? Like, what are you doing?"

When told Martin had hired Cornwell, McKinnie wasn't pleased.

"To do what?" he said. "Well I don't see any of the team really wanting to pick him up after this because they're going to feel like you're mentally not strong enough to handle this. So he needs to think about that, too."

On Monday, several players said they would welcome Martin back to the Dolphins if he was well enough to return. The barrage of questions from the media and ongoing coverage of the situation, however, may be wearing on the patience of some players.

"It's pretty bad for us as a team to have something like that happen," tight end Dion Sims said. "I just think we have to move forward."

• VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL if that RD guy in MD he must have moved from some where else. Could not have been born here.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL if that RD guy in MD he must have moved from some where else. Could not have been born here.

Shut your sweet ass up Me "DMV"
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Matt-
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    ? we got some ? in here

still???

shots fired @coonkillathird
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? we got some ? in here

still???

shots fired @coonkillathird

Aren't you white? And wasn't you talkin hella ? when Zimmerman got off?

? anything you have to say clown...don't @ me ? .

F.O.H

• Matt-
    Options
    ? we got some ? in here

still???

shots fired @ coonkillathird

Aren't you white? And wasn't you talkin hella ? when Zimmerman got off?

? anything you have to say clown...don't @ me ? .

F.O.H

aight man, but at least live up to your name
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would explain the definition of coonin to you white folks, but no.

The real know....
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Options
    damn @ the letter from the lawyer.

ok, but what is Martins endgame. what does he want?
    a public apology from the NFL and miami dolphins?
    sum money for damages and emontionally stress?
    to change the culture of NFL locker rooms?
    expose and stop bullying in everyday life?

this seems like a whole lot of drama tho...
  • fightforolddc
    fightforolddc Members Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Incognito outchea makin it rain on black women at the golf course

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9944012/police-report-filed-richie-incognito-alleged-molestation-2012-no-charges
    Miami Dolphins lineman Richie Incognito was investigated last year for harassing a volunteer at the Dolphins' annual golf tournament by allegedly molesting her with a golf club, according to Aventura, Fla., police.

The original police report states that the alleged incident happened at the Turnberry Resort & Club in Aventura, but no charges were ever filed against Incognito.

The 34-year-old volunteer told police Incognito had been drinking and was "acting very inappropriate towards her," and that she went to police after Incognito said he wouldn't apologize.

The report states the the female volunteer told police that Incognito "used his golf club to touch her by rubbing it up against her ? , then up her stomach then to her chest. He then used the club to knock a pair of sunglasses off the top of her head.

"After that, he proceeded to lean up against her buttocks with his private parts as if dancing, saying 'Let it rain! Let it rain!'" the report states. "He finally finished his inappropriate behavior by emptying bottled water in her face."

The story was first reported Thursday by WPLG-ABC in Miami.

The woman, who is black, told several media outlets she has declined to talk because she had signed a confidentiality agreement. Incognito, who is white, was suspended by the Dolphins on Sunday for conduct detrimental to the team amid accusations he bullied and used racially charged terms against teammate Jonathan Martin, who has since left the team. Martin is biracial.

Martin, a second-year player, is with his family in California, where he is undergoing counseling for emotional issues.

The NFL is investigating whether Incognito harassed or bullied Martin, and whether their teammates and the organization mishandled the situation.
  • Matt-
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »

just my opinion, but i think that whatever happened caused him to want to quit the team and possibly the game. And now after realizing that he may never get to come back to the game, he's got to somehow secure a financial future for himself. I think i read that his mom is some type of HR Lawyer or some kind of lawyer that works with employment issues. So I think she probably sees this as an opportunity for him to get paid by the NFL.
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Valentinez A. Kaiser Members Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

just my opinion, but i think that whatever happened caused him to want to quit the team and possibly the game. And now after realizing that he may never get to come back to the game, he's got to somehow secure a financial future for himself. I think i read that his mom is some type of HR Lawyer or some kind of lawyer that works with employment issues. So I think she probably sees this as an opportunity for him to get paid by the NFL.

So his end game is to run to mommy to sort out his problems? ? ... Smh
  • Matt-
    Options

So his end game is to run to mommy to sort out his problems? ? ... Smh

you aint heard? incognito put a hit out on her