Official 2014 NBA Draft Thread (the race to the bottom)

Options

Comments

• Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There's so many prospects out there....O/P forgot bout guys like Doug McDermott, Gary Harris, and others
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    There's so many prospects out there....O/P forgot bout guys like Doug McDermott, Gary Harris, and others

Neither one of those guys have high ceilings. Harris does a lot of good things but isn't great in one specific field. I can see him being a Eric Gordon clone. I love Doug Mac but he's just not a great athlete..he's gonna get exposed in the pros.. Who's he gonna guard? Best case scenario for him is a shorter Ryan Anderson. Both those guys will be solid pros but probably aren't worthy of lotto picks imo
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    WE in here

tumblr_mempfmto8l1rgx7ico1_400.gif

Shouts to the bulls front office for having foresight

Smh I been sayin for years how stubborn and stale the Bulls roster is. Now that its too late u salutin to change with a Lebron gif. Clown. @tommybilfiger
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options
    For those of you who haven't got a chance to see Wiggins and Embid cook yet Kansas is playing Oklahoma on espn 2. UCLA plays Arizona tomorrow that will probably be the best game in the PAC 12 this season. Plenty of pro prospects
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • MarcusGarvey
    Options
    For those of you who haven't got a chance to see Wiggins and Embid cook yet Kansas is playing Oklahoma on espn 2. UCLA plays Arizona tomorrow that will probably be the best game in the PAC 12 this season. Plenty of pro prospects

Wiggins and Embiid weren't that good tonight, both in foul trouble, they had flashes but....meh mediocre tonight. College season is half way done. Wiggins got to pick it up in conference play.
  • MarcusGarvey
    Options

Change the 'm' to www.
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Just take out the (m) and replace it with (www) the (m) means mobile.

Wiggins ? up his draft stock now, as of right now parker is the clear#1 pick.
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheBossman wrote: »

All the draft (so called) experts like Wiggins over Parker because of his athletic ability. They feel Parker might have a harder time being able to score or even defend players at the next level.

I like Parker better because he seems to know how to play the game better right now. He seems to know how to get his shot against most defense's even though he isn't super athletic or strong. Gonna be interesting to see how all these young guys turn out in the NBA
  • MarcusGarvey
    Options
    TheBossman wrote: »

Not disagreeing but we gotta remember it's about projecting what the guy will be at the end of their rookie contract. Not necessarily about where they're at now.
    Wiggins isn't consistent right now, ups and downs - can't make 3s consistently, needs 10lbs, can these things be fixed by year 2 or 3?
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    WE in here

Smh I been sayin for years how stubborn and stale the Bulls roster is. Now that its too late u salutin to change with a Lebron gif. Clown. @tommybilfiger

You're a gns poster.I don't recall nothin you said "years ago" referring to the bulls.Lol @ a team that had the best record in the nba and went to the ecf and then went 50-16 and again had the best record in the nba having a stale roster

And with roses injury this year the bulls HAD to change course u stupid fucc.If rose don't get hurt bulls woulda been a top 5 team again and most likely faced the heat in the playoffs again,all the bulls have needed was a scorer added to this nucleus like monta ellis or afflalo
  • MarcusGarvey
    Options
    Just looked at ESPN draft lotto, who is going to draft Willie Cauley Stein at 8th? I wouldn't
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    That wiggins dude aint even the best freshman on his team.I was watching the ku game on saturday.I forgot who they played but kansas lost and wiggins was a complete non factor when I watched.

You can impact the game without scoring homeboy don't be doin ?
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options
    Just looked at ESPN draft lotto, who is going to draft Willie Cauley Stein at 8th? I wouldn't

Lol that would be a huge reach. WCS could ? the lotto tho..he can be defensive force

• MarcusGarvey
    Options

Lol that would be a huge reach. WCS could ? the lotto tho..he can be defensive force

I guess if the team that drafts him stocks up on Nutriments.
    I don't like drafting bigs that only play defense in the lottery - those are late round picks
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options

I guess if the team that drafts him stocks up on Nutriments.
    I don't like drafting bigs that only play defense in the lottery - those are late round picks

Yea agreed but he's active on offense tho.. Second chance points.. Catching lobs.. Sets solid screens. He's not just completely useless like Kendrick Perkins. If he can add a solid outside jumper like Ibaka he could potentially be a solid big. Until then he projects to be a Tyson chandler like player

• S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    WE in here

You're a gns poster.I don't recall nothin you said "years ago" referring to the bulls.Lol @ a team that had the best record in the nba and went to the ecf and then went 50-16 and again had the best record in the nba having a stale roster

And with roses injury this year the bulls HAD to change course u stupid fucc.If rose don't get hurt bulls woulda been a top 5 team again and most likely faced the heat in the playoffs again,all the bulls have needed was a scorer added to this nucleus like monta ellis or afflalo

Tha ? is a 'gns poster'. Nah ngga im that dude kickin that ? u need to learn tho. Go look at the 'who believes in derrick rose' thread and get this work. Everything thats happening now, i called. Which is why i dont frequent CS. We're not on equal playin fields re: sports knowledge. Not close. This ? is little more than team stans circle jerks, no substance.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    edited January 2014
    Options
    WE in here

Tha ? is a 'gns poster'. Nah ngga im that dude kickin that ? u need to learn tho. Go look at the 'who believes in derrick rose' thread and get this work. Everything thats happening now, i called. Which is why i dont frequent CS. We're not on equal playin fields re: sports knowledge. Not close. This ? is little more than team stans circle jerks, no substance.

http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/508953/drake-tries-to-dm-a-model-chick-but-goes-public-so-he-really-talks-like-this-lol#latest

A gns poster is YOU someone who makes ? ass threads about things like this.I couldn't care less about this ? .I talk basketball you gossip wit the rest of the gossip girls

That's why you're tweaking so much on some "LOOK!!! I'm right I was right!!!" tip.When rose went down so did any title aspirations and deng and the bulls were no where close on a contract number so instead of paying luxury taxes to be a 1st or 2nd round exit they traded him to save dough.You act like the bulls traded deng cuz they didn't think he was the answer at sf.You don't know jack about the game.? in here talkin like roses injury didn't derail the season
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options
    Embid is a ? animal. I pray to ? we draft him.. Wiggins/Parker won't be a bad consolation tho
  • MarcusGarvey
    Options
    Ennis played well today - under control, shooting has been hit or miss this season though.

Embiid and Wiggins playing well so far
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options
    Ennis is nice probably be a lotto pick if he declares
  • MarcusGarvey
    Options
    http://youtu.be/7xTHD20s934

22pts 5reb 2ast 1stl: 7/13 FG, 3/4 3PT, 5-6 FT
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Dante Exum Meets With Several Agents, Expected To Declare For 2014 Draft
    Jan 13, 2014 10:29 AM EST
    Dante Exum and his family have met with several agents in Australia and it is believed he will skip college to enter the 2014 NBA Draft.

Exum is widely expected to be one of the top half dozen picks with a chance to go higher based on the workouts.

"I would be shocked if he doesn't enter the draft," one agent who recently met with Exum's family told Yahoo Sports. "He knows he's a lottery pick, and knows several teams have him very high on their boards. His family knows that this is an opportunity that may not come again."

Another agent who traveled to Australia told Yahoo: "This is a bright, thoughtful kid – a great family – and they're taking their time to think all this through. But in the end, I didn't sense anything that would hold him back from [the draft]. … I can't imagine him not coming out."

Exum's family has been careful to preserve his college eligibility and leave open the option for him to pursue college basketball. Exum has visited Indiana and may visit others before the season is over.

Exum's father, Cecil Exum, played at North Carolina.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    edited January 2014
    Options
    www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/1/13/5287500/jabari-parker-andrew-wiggins-julius-randle-nba-draft-2014