Official 2014 NBA Draft Thread (the race to the bottom)

Options

Comments

• ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.tankathon.com/

NBA Tankathon

Track the current draft order, see conditional trades of picks, and simulate the lottery. Updated every ten minutes
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Triple header on CBS Tomorrow.
  • TheBossman
    Options
    Wiggins stock continues to fall. .. Not even in the game in clutch time.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheBossman wrote: »

He's a top 5 lock bro. He's stock is slipping but his potential alone will make him a top 5 pick

• TheBossman
    Options

He's a top 5 lock bro. He's stock is slipping but his potential alone will make him a top 5 pick

From lock #1 pick to 5th pick is a big deal.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options

He was never a lock for the first pick. Even in high school when he was getting all the hype Jabari and Randle were right there with him. Now that we're half way through the college season much hasn't changed except a few new names have emerged as potential top picks(Exum/Embid). There are 6 guys in this draft who are not only worthy of the first pick this year but would probably go 1 in most drafts. Thats not wiggins fault he just has some stiff competition nh
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm on the road, checking scores, he had 3pts, he injured what happened? Foul trouble?
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options
    Wiggins just didn't have it today. He was benched for a majority of the second half. He played some solid D on Smart tho.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options
    Embid is officially the new king if the hill. I think Jabari has lost his spot at the top
  • J. Will
    J. Will Members Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=10298785

i know ? aint into clicking links but this pretty much breaks down Wiggins' season so far...
  • TheBossman
    Options

He was never a lock for the first pick
    . Even in high school when he was getting all the hype Jabari and Randle were right there with him. Now that we're half way through the college season much hasn't changed except a few new names have emerged as potential top picks(Exum/Embid). There are 6 guys in this draft who are not only worthy of the first pick this year but would probably go 1 in most drafts. Thats not wiggins fault he just has some stiff competition nh

Yes. He was.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    This draft isnt worth tanking for.Theres several good to solid players not one Great franchise player

Embiiid is the only player I see who can become that good eventually.Exum has a higher ceiling than wiggins imo
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options

He was never a lock for the first pick
    . Even in high school when he was getting all the hype Jabari and Randle were right there with him. Now that we're half way through the college season much hasn't changed except a few new names have emerged as potential top picks(Exum/Embid). There are 6 guys in this draft who are not only worthy of the first pick this year but would probably go 1 in most drafts. Thats not wiggins fault he just has some stiff competition nh

Yes. He was.

Parker and Randle both were ranked as the number 1 high school prospect until wiggins took that spot for good. The same criticism he's getting now he was getting since his junior year in HS he just has more eyes on him now.
  • MarcusGarvey
    Options
    This draft isnt worth tanking for.Theres several good to solid players not one Great franchise player

Embiiid is the only player I see who can become that good eventually.Exum has a higher ceiling than wiggins imo

Because we can't pick apart Exum?
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options

Not that I just think exum has more potential.He held his own at the nike hoop summit vs these same college players when he faced them last year.He's 6'6 can play sg or pg he has that penny hardaway ceiling
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    edited January 2014
    Options

Not that I just think exum has more potential.He held his own at the nike hoop summit vs these same college players when he faced them last year.He's 6'6 can play sg or pg he has that penny hardaway ceiling

Wiggins outplayed almost all them ? in the hoop summit. Dominated Randle and Parker in their match ups and he's proven he can get it done on the college level. Not to mention his team is playing better basketball then Parker's and Randles. Exum has a high ceiling but I think he has the highest chance of being bust because he's hasn't proved himself like the other guys who are dominating in college.

• Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    J. Will wrote: »
    http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=10298785

i know ? aint into clicking links but this pretty much breaks down Wiggins' season so far...

who is this woman in ur sig?
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options

Wiggins outplayed almost all them ? in the hoop summit. Dominated Randle and Parker in their match ups and he's proven he can get it done on the college level. Not to mention his team is playing better basketball then Parker's and Randles. Exum has a high sealing but I think he has the highest chance of being bust because he's hasn't proved himself like the other guys who are dominating in college.

Nah you're just on his ? his team is playing better basketball cuz of embiid today embiid had 13 points 11 rebounds and 8 blocks while wiggins was a complete Non factor with 3 points.Wiggins was hyped as this can't miss prospect and isnt even the best player on his team.Exum has potential to be a penny clone and he and embiid will be the best prospects out this draft to me If you don't agree cool
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I like how everyone waits until wiggins has a bad game to ? on him.. Prisoners of the moment. I get it embid is the man but wiggins has been getting busy this year too. He's had his best games against his toughest opponents and that speaks volumes to me. He came out flat today sure but he's coming off of a game where he almost went 20 20.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options
    Just gotta wait it out. Like I said I think his game is more suited for the pros. Exum has been dominating sub par talent in Australia. He could go 1-7 based on his individual work outs before the draft
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyS7Qnwxnfk

Lol @ wait til he has a bad game.This was Last week homeboy take the cape off his handles suspect as fucc,he has a suspect jumper he is just athletic he never warranted the hype no need to catch feelings cuz others aint on his ? like you
  • MarcusGarvey
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Don't get me wrong I do like Exum but if he was at Indiana , like most freshmen he'd be up and down. even Bari had some tough outings in the last few.

Last game dude had 17 and 19, and if he didn't miss one or two makeable layups it'd be almost 20 and 19. I wanna see how me rebounds from this Monday v Baylor. In the end I look at the whole season and on my draft board he's 3rd right now. (Although I do worry about Jabari's weight)
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How is Aaron Gordon doing, especially offensively? Read he is the best freshman in college DEFENSIVELY, based on "Defensive Win Share". But how is his offensive game? SF or PF?
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    edited January 2014
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyS7Qnwxnfk

Lol @ wait til he has a bad game.This was Last week homeboy take the cape off his handles suspect as fucc,he has a suspect jumper he is just athletic he never warranted the hype no need to catch feelings cuz others aint on his ? like you

"I play devils advocate a lot with wiggins/parker because everyone has thrown wiggins into the overhyped high school player who lives off athleticism category and he's not that. Parker is the safer pick, melo with less strength/polish. Wiggins has the higher ceiling and it's harder for him to shine on that squad. I'm not saying I would be mad at getting parker #1, just remember they said a lot of the same thing about paul george that they say about wiggins and they're very similar"
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    edited January 2014
    Options
    toheeb27 wrote: »
    How is Aaron Gordon doing, especially offensively? Read he is the best freshman in college DEFENSIVELY, based on "Defensive Win Share". But how is his offensive game? SF or PF?

He's a good defender. Can guard 3/4 both in college and probably the pros. Still raw offensively.. Gets most if his points around the rim but his offensive game shows promise. He can step out every now and the and hit an occasional 3 but he still has a lot of work to do. No one on the court out hustles him or out works him. His motor and athleticism are still his best attributes. I've seen some scouts/gms compare him to Marion and Kenneth Farid. As far as draft position at this point he's probably not a top 5 pick but he woukd likely go in lotto if he does declare.