Official 2014 NBA Draft Thread (the race to the bottom)

Options

Comments

• MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KU vs Iowa St: Unofficial stats of draft prospects

Wiggins 17pts 18reb 1stl 1blk, 7/16 FG 1/5 3PT 2/4 FT

Embiid 16pts 10reb 5blks
    7/8 FG 2/3 FT

From what I saw Embiid was most impressive - agile, passed out of the double, patient, great footwork and a nasty block

Wiggins missed a bunch of makeable bunny shots, needs to stop shying away from contact but looked aggressive from the start.

Good game and win on the road for KU. They are better than 15th ranking
  • newOldSchool
    newOldSchool Members Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What do people feel about the Harrison Twins? They both 6'5 and can play. Are they late first rounders or are they coming back to school for sure.
  • newOldSchool
    Options
    Parker might mess around and come back to Duke. Dude really likes school. Doubt pops allows it to happen.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What do people feel about the Harrison Twins? They both 6'5 and can play. Are they late first rounders or are they coming back to school for sure.

They should both come back to school next year. Surprisingly Aaron is out playing Andrew this season when Andrew was the higher rated recruit and if they do declare I wouldn't be shocked if Aaron went ahead of his brother but neither is a lotto pick at this point. That could change if they put together some solid performances throughout the remainder of the season but if the season ended today they would both probably stay.

• ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i'd give up alcohol and talking to my family for jabari or embiid to get drafted by the bulls
  • deemula420
    deemula420 Members Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ckfree wrote: »
    i'd give up alcohol and talking to my family for jabari or embiid to get drafted by the bulls

I'd sell my soul bra ? it lol
  • ckfree
    Options
    deemula420 wrote: »

lol

watch doug mcdermott get drafted by the bulls

watch

im still surprised we got derrick i coulda swore it was gonna be joe alexander if the ping pongs didnt bounce the right way
  • deemula420
    deemula420 Members Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

lol

watch

im still surprised we got derrick i coulda swore it was gonna be joe alexander if the ping pongs didnt bounce the right way

The basketball gods were on our side that draft year either that or them GD's made a move, same ? with MJ lol hopefully we can get lucky like that again with all these draft picks we got
  • MarcusGarvey
    Options
    Parker might mess around and come back to Duke. Dude really likes school. Doubt pops allows it to happen.

@newoldschool
    Wilbon said he heard rumors coming out of Chi that Parker's staying 2 years. Wouldn't be surprised, he'? a bit of a wall but he'll rebound, he's fall a bit too in love with his J. Duke don't play no D, they exiting early.
  • MarcusGarvey
    Options

They have the height, weight but not skill. the pg twin doesn't pass well, the ones who's the shooter doesn't shoot well, they miss FTs. They need another year but they'll prolly leave
  • ckfree
    Options

lol

watch

The basketball gods were on our side that draft year either that or them GD's made a move, same ? with MJ lol hopefully we can get lucky like that again with all these draft picks we got

bari the only one i reeeeeeeeeeally want watched him since his fat ass had to tie his shoes before putting them on these other dudes are suspect

smfh

its frustraing when they win
    its frustrating when they lose

cause i know there is no chance in hell the bulls bottom out to really get themselves into the lottery and if thats the case (i hope not) i pray they get matched up with miami

leave them walking funny going into the next round
  • ckfree
    Options
    This just in: Wiggins is slipping out of contention for No. 1-2. The NBA guys I talk to say that will be Parker and Kansas seven-footer Joel Embiid. At No. 3, Wiggins has yet to separate himself from Kentucky power forward Julius Randle, Australian point guard Dante Exum and, depending on whom you talk to, Arizona forward Aaron Gordon.

So Wiggins, whose fame in high school far exceeded Kevin Durant’s at Montrose Christian (it’s in Rockville, Md., if you haven’t heard of it) could miss the top two… or three… or more?

“There’s zero chance of any team taking anybody before Jabari Parker,” says an Eastern Conference personnel guy. “And there’s zero chance of any team taking Wiggins before Joel Embiid.”

Deep as this draft class is, its star quotient is another question. Setting aside comparisons to LeBron James and Durant, who are beyond anyone on the horizon, no one in this class is as highly regarded as No. 1 picks Anthony Davis (2012), Kyrie Irving (2011), John Wall (2010), Blake Griffin (2009) or Derrick Rose (2008).

“If you called the Pelicans, the Cavs or any of those teams and offered this year’s first pick for their guy, they’d fall over laughing,” says a Western Conference personnel guy.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/markheisler/2014/01/12/nba-wakes-to-find-andrew-wiggins-and-entire-class-of-14-arent-that-good/

lol @ tearing them down after building them up
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options
    That article is ? . How can you say this draft class isn't good before these guys even hit the court on the pro level? And Parker isn't even close to being a lock for the first pick. So much can change between now and June.
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That article is ? . How can you say this draft class isn't good before these guys even hit the court on the pro level? And Parker isn't even close to being a lock for the first pick. So much can change between now and June.

march madness will be the dividing factor determining the top 1-6
  • ckfree
    Options

i bet everybody trying to cover their ? after hyping this ? up so much like the reason why every fan base being hyped for this draft isnt their fault (at least for me)

bill simmons tried doing it and sage steele called him out on it on nba countdown last week and he acted like he never said ? when hes the one trying to come up with clever sayings for each pick

everybody ? on wiggins right now but theyll talk their ? towards jabari when the draft nears talking about how his game doesnt have much room to grow and how so and so are the better long term prospects

none of these players asked for this i thought jabari was humble but this yummy sandifer in the face wiggins kid seems way more humbler than him and he getting dogged at for ? they started
  • ckfree
    Options
    TheBossman wrote: »

march madness will be the dividing factor determining the top 1-6

word ? is subject to change with the tournament and whos picking where (especially the pg's) and whos coming out

wiggins
    embliid
    parker

or

embliid
    wiggins
    parker

and exum over that other pg from ok state with randle rounding it out at is how i see it though

cause at the end of the day

potential (buys gm's more time)}}}}}}

truth be told id take that giannis kid from the bukcs over all these mfers and hes only like 3 months older than wiggins and jabari and he swatting kd ? already

bless the soul who ends up in milwaukke with him
  • ckfree
    Options
    any creighton fans here? i dont watch college ball so any info is much appreciated

whats the scouting report on your dog doug mcdermott? i read the chicago bulls are really high on him and i know they say dont judge a book by its cover but holy ? just look at him

130322230251-doug-mcdermott-single-image-cut.jpg

LOOK AT HIM

smfh the bulls are so gonna draft him i can feel it in the air
  • MarcusGarvey
    Options
    I haven't seen a transcendent star BUT I see the potential for a Blake, John Wall, PGeorge, Melo/Pierce(looking at you 'Bari) talent level guys. And if there are 6-10 players that can be that for a franchise then who wouldn't be excited.

• af.r.i.c.a.
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Doug McDermott

Best case shorter Ryan Anderson
    Realisticly Rodney Rodgers
    Worst case Matt Bonner
  • MarcusGarvey
    Options
    Parallel wrote: »
    Wiggins stock is falling pretty quick...

Still in top 5 even top 3 on nba draft boards according to Chad Ford's "sources"

Numbers are inconsistent because of the weak jumper, left hand, handles but has played well against most ranked teams and showed in stretches he *could* be the #1 pick
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options
    I think this draft is gone be similar to 08 with Rose,Westbrook Love Mayo Gordon ect... As opposed to 03 or 84 where it was top heavy with HOFs and the rest of the draft being trash. This draft is super deep.Players who are projected to go late first early second in this draft would possibly ? the lotto in a normal draft. What sucks is the rich will get richer... You talk about teams like Miami and OKC potentially adding Mitch Mcgary Kyle Anderson or Adrian Payne.
  • newOldSchool
    Options
    If the lakers passed on Kyle Anderson I'd be ? .
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    any creighton fans here? i dont watch college ball so any info is much appreciated

whats the scouting report on your dog doug mcdermott? i read the chicago bulls are really high on him and i know they say dont judge a book by its cover but holy ? just look at him

130322230251-doug-mcdermott-single-image-cut.jpg

LOOK AT HIM

smfh the bulls are so gonna draft him i can feel it in the air

McDermott can shoot and score but can he do the scoring in the NBA and can he guard anybody in the league?

I think on the right team and in the right situation he could be a solid starter or a really good bench scorer because he can really shoot the basketball.

• af.r.i.c.a.
    Options
    If the lakers passed on Kyle Anderson I'd be ? .

He won't go that high. They would have to pick up another first round pick if they wanted him. He would be a great fit tho. Lamar Odom jr

• ckfree
    Options
    11971417-standard.jpg

4f212a4d0adbb.image.jpg

460x.jpg

look at this guy smh hes got struggle written all over him

20130401__1-doug%20mcdermott_400.jpg

this is the only picture i found where it looks likes hes about to do something THE ONLY ONE ON GOOGLE IMAGES everything else he looking goofy as hell and/or struggling

i could see the ryan anderson comparisson because of said shooting but no way he moves like him i like the rodney rogers one though mostly because hes black and you dont see white players comapared to other non white players

im definetly gonna check out a creighton game cause i just checked hes projected to go anywhere from 12 to 18 and thats where the bulls will probably be drafting at

the info was much appreciated gentlemen