Why Are People So Selfish?!?! (the ? thread)

Options

Comments

• Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kai wrote: »
    Du_Du wrote: »
    Kat wrote: »
    this ? remind me for some strange reason of a debate/argument we was having at a cookout that got rained in the house one summer....

the chicks won control of the tv for some reason and we were watching one of those hgtv shows where this house had a pink and purple bathroom....and the fellas led by me of course just started clowning on how that was a bitchified bathroom, and no self respecting man would allow that ? ....

of course a debate ensued about double standards, homophobia and whole lotta other ? .....

then i deaded the ? by saying..

"iight well..if you go to a single ? house right now and you walk in his bathroom and the ? all pink and purple...u still ? ?"

pin drop silence......

i don't know if this relate to the issue at hand or not, but i basically wanna say alotta this logic, and ? about how yal think things should be don't really play out in practice...

women want a stud that's been around.......men want a pure diamond....

all those other arguments sound good on paper, but in reality, that's not how it works out...

yall want it to be one way......but it's the other way

That's not true though..alot of men SAY they want a 'pure diamond' then they turn her into a CZ cause in all actuality dude is a ? that DOESN'T want a pure diamond nor does he know how to treat one.

BEAM was absolutely correct. If you're the type of dude that's out here ? recklessly what makes you think you deserve or even truly WANT a virginal woman? For appearances?

I know what type of woman I am and I chose a man accordingly. I wouldn't be with a super conservative dude cause that's not me and I know I'd do him bad.

Dudes lie to themselves and in turn end up ? up GOOD women that deserve better than anything that ? ass dude can ever offer them.

you meet a guy, you like a guy, you're trying to impress a guy.....

how truthful are you about your sexual past?

people only lie to cover up something they know is wrong. if you really feel like as a woman that you are okay with sleeping with a lot of people then logic would dictate that you would have no problem with him knowing how many people you've slept with. lying indicates that you feel some sort of shame, and if you feel shame deep down you aren't really okay with it yourself. and if you aren't okay with it, then how do you expect anyone else to be?
    that's why women who've had under 5 partners are quicker to share that ? than women who've had over.....
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I always find these debates interesting because at the end, it's always clear who operates based on what makes sense to them and works for them vs. those who operate based on what other people say of how other people feel like they 'should' act.

Kinda sad.
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol these ? love hoes...and hate them at the same time

yet they wonder why hoes exist

no one wonders why hoes exist.....hoes are great....

they just not always wifey material... sometimes the ? happens...and it is what it is.... but when it comes to preferences..... most men would prefer wifey to as anti-hoey as possible,

i mean some ? you gotta let slide...... but damn near 10 times outta 10 the most ? bag ? ? you ever did in your life......you not exactly looking to be exclusive with that person

I don't think hoes are wifey material either bruh, I don't know where yall got that idea

At the same time, why should females think men who are considered "players" as boyfriend material?

Oh because it's tradition lol

Yall must think these females is dumb

they ain't dumb, it's just the after effect of dealing with enough women.....

it's natural to get better at something the more you do it, and women want a man to lead.....

they want him to approach her with confidence....something that's built from experience
    they want hi to seduce her with aggression...something that's built from experience...
    and they want him to ? their ? loose....something that's built from experience...

if you gonna sit here and tell me you ain't get better at pulling chicks the more experienced you got, you a damn lie....

wee-bey-gif.gif

Now this ? talking to me like I'm a hoe
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    when did patriarchy die?
    because as far as i know women been expected to b more selective with their ? since the dawn of time.
    how is it a fantasy?
    just because u see ? in your hood given respect usually reserved for wholesome ladies doesn't mean the rest of the planet has totally succumb to low expectations, faux feminism, and dignified harlotry.

people also don't like to acknowledge that the double standard is really due to biology. you can't undo thousands of years of evolution just cuz you wanna say oh women can/should do everything men do

biologically, sexually promiscuity has a much higher risk than it does reward for women, the opposite is true for men. men are literally biologically driven to mate with as many partners as possible, women aren't and therefore societal expectations bloomed out of these basic biological differences

This is so etherous, but sad at the same time. Sad b/c it always happens like this:

Simpish nggas like @mansamusa think they're doing women a favor, but the women are quite fine with the way roles are. They dont wanna pursue YOU, they dont wanna plan the date, they dont wanna collabrote on every decision,etc. Thats why they will forever want a masculine man.
  • Star Nine
    Star Nine Members Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    I always find these debates interesting because at the end, it's always clear who operates based on what makes sense to them and works for them vs. those who operate based on what other people say of how other people feel like they 'should' act.

Kinda sad.

name names
  • mryounggun
    Options

Kinda sad.

expound please?

cuz i can see the semblance of a point, but it's not there yet

Sure thing.

Example: A woman who rarely to never has sex outside of a relationship. If she single, she celibate. If she is in a relationship, she's ? her man and her man only.

A man who ? mad women. If he single, he's ? 3 at any given time. If he in a relationship, he still might got one or two around the city.

When you read threads like this, it's easy to tell who is doing these things because that's what they feel is the right/expected thing to do and who do these things because they feel like that's what people/society/etc expect them to do.

Those are just examples, could go for any sexual habits, really. To me, it kinds sucks that people don't just give ? some thought and just do what they think is right. ? what someone else thinks about it or thinks about you as a result of it. If that's ? who you want to ? when you wanna ? em, cool. If that's only being sexually active if you are in a relationship, cool. Just do YOU.
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Options
    This ? Cain addressing every other post in here except...
    Cain wrote: »
    Cain wrote: »
    This ? @cain reading comprehension is terrible

Nope.........you're just full of ? and saving but that's cool.

Not sure what ur trying to say here but let me pose this question...

You believe every man should be smashing multiple hoes and wifing good girls, right?

What makes you think your chick wasn't one of the multiple women you think men should be out here smashing?

What makes you think every chick has been smutting? If you choose a chick to be your main I hope somewhere in your time getting to know her you can tell if she has or had that ? gene. If not then that's more of an indictment on you then her.

I didn't say all men should be smashing multiple broads nor did I say its a required for a man to do so. I said if a man smash multiple chicks he can and its not frowned on but if a female did it it would be a frowned upon. A female cannot do what a man can do an expect not to get ridiculed. I don't where you new ? are from but that's how it works. I didn't make the rules I just play the game.

Do you currently have a girl

• taeboo
    taeboo Members Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought the women would particpate more in this thread...

@kat
    @grumpychuck
    @piyonce
    @sixsicksins
    @taeboo
    @mzkb

As soon as I posted I got called a hoe.

Part of the problem is that women are supposed to stay as close to virginal as possible, but in a world where most people aren't getting married until their late 20's/early 30's, living together, and having causal sex being way more acceptable, that ? aint as easy as it used to be. A 30 year old woman is now expected to remain chasten when back in the day the average woman only had to hold out to her early 20's. Marriage kept so called "? activities" to a minimum and for the most today men don't want to actually date let alone get married.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    lol these ? love hoes...and hate them at the same time

yet they wonder why hoes exist

no one wonders why hoes exist.....hoes are great....

they just not always wifey material... sometimes the ? happens...and it is what it is.... but when it comes to preferences..... most men would prefer wifey to as anti-hoey as possible,

i mean some ? you gotta let slide...... but damn near 10 times outta 10 the most ? bag ? ? you ever did in your life......you not exactly looking to be exclusive with that person

I don't think hoes are wifey material either bruh, I don't know where yall got that idea

At the same time, why should females think men who are considered "players" as boyfriend material?

Oh because it's tradition lol

Yall must think these females is dumb

they ain't dumb, it's just the after effect of dealing with enough women.....

it's natural to get better at something the more you do it, and women want a man to lead.....

they want him to approach her with confidence....something that's built from experience
    they want hi to seduce her with aggression...something that's built from experience...
    and they want him to ? their ? loose....something that's built from experience...

if you gonna sit here and tell me you ain't get better at pulling chicks the more experienced you got, you a damn lie....

wee-bey-gif.gif

Now this ? talking to me like I'm a hoe

If u a ? , be proud of it brotha. We need more of us out here keepin it real.
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Options
    when did patriarchy die?
    because as far as i know women been expected to b more selective with their ? since the dawn of time.
    how is it a fantasy?
    just because u see ? in your hood given respect usually reserved for wholesome ladies doesn't mean the rest of the planet has totally succumb to low expectations, faux feminism, and dignified harlotry.

people also don't like to acknowledge that the double standard is really due to biology. you can't undo thousands of years of evolution just cuz you wanna say oh women can/should do everything men do

biologically, sexually promiscuity has a much higher risk than it does reward for women, the opposite is true for men. men are literally biologically driven to mate with as many partners as possible, women aren't and therefore societal expectations bloomed out of these basic biological differences

Now I understand why you let your husband ? strippers...it all makes sense now

Because it's science
  • spiritgod87
    spiritgod87 Members Posts: 409 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    its cause the kids today are exposed to so much, ratchet parents, wrong values.........would your daddy be proud ? ??
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    taeboo wrote: »

@kat
    @grumpychuck
    @piyonce
    @sixsicksins
    @taeboo
    @mzkb

Part of the problem is that women are supposed to stay as close to virginal as possible, but in a world where most people aren't getting married until their late 20's/early 30's, living together, and having causal sex being way more acceptable, that ? aint as easy as it used to be. A 30 year old woman is now expected to remain chasten when back in the day the average woman only had to hold out to her early 20's. Marriage kept so called "? activities" to a minimum and for the most today men don't want to actually date let alone get married.

the older you get it's more so about the behavior vs the numbers....

if you in your 30's partying on a tuesday night, while your 4 kids at home watching eachother....

that's that hoe ? ......

constantly griping about you can't find no good man, and overdoing everything about yourself trying to bait yourself a man....yea....? 's not a good look....

but if you taking care of what you supposed to take care of,and carrying yourself accordingly.....well you already know...

and it's not simply about being chaste and virginal when you 30+....you just can't come across like you constantly chasing ? or money.....that ? just not attractive.....but again....you prolly already know that...
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    taeboo wrote: »

@kat
    @grumpychuck
    @piyonce
    @sixsicksins
    @taeboo
    @mzkb

DTZ

I dont mind dating tho, lets just go ahead and take care of that on the 1st or 2nd If everything is going well.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    this ? remind me for some strange reason of a debate/argument we was having at a cookout that got rained in the house one summer....

the chicks won control of the tv for some reason and we were watching one of those hgtv shows where this house had a pink and purple bathroom....and the fellas led by me of course just started clowning on how that was a bitchified bathroom, and no self respecting man would allow that ? ....

of course a debate ensued about double standards, homophobia and whole lotta other ? .....

then i deaded the ? by saying..

"iight well..if you go to a single ? house right now and you walk in his bathroom and the ? all pink and purple...u still ? ?"

pin drop silence......

i don't know if this relate to the issue at hand or not, but i basically wanna say alotta this logic, and ? about how yal think things should be don't really play out in practice...

women want a stud that's been around.......men want a pure diamond....

all those other arguments sound good on paper, but in reality, that's not how it works out...

yall want it to be one way......but it's the other way

Now this is true because there's been threads and posts on here with women saying they'd be weary of a guy with a low body count or who was even a ? past a certain age and think something is wrong with him. Not that he simply doesn't try to ? everything moving, but because he doesn't he must have a problem. The main issue is people too often confuse sexual experience with the ability to be in a relationship. The two have NOTHING to do with each other
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kat wrote: »
    Here come the hypocritical whoremongering woman haters.

And I'm out.

wait what happened?
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    when did patriarchy die?
    because as far as i know women been expected to b more seleccompatibleith their ce the of time.
    how is it a fantasy?
    just because u see ? in your hood given respect usually reserved for wholesome ladies doesn't mean the rest of the planet has totally succumb to low expations, faux feminism, and dignified harlotry.

Now scientist are examining the females of the animal kingdom who have the innate surge to sample many different sperms to find the seed most compatible and the male who could better protect her offspring ...so the outlook on whther or not female promiscuity has any evolutionary benefit is quickly changing

Besides most ? shamers dont do so in the name of science or in name of human survival they do so because they feel as though they are somehow morally superior

• Arya Tsaddiq
    Options
    Did this ? just call me a simp? Lol
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just have a problem with how we encourage sexual promiscuity among young boys, men ....their bodies are just as sacred as females

Same with how we associate physicality, violence with masculinity...

It dones more harm then good especially among blk young men who may over compensate

This is my point...

there is foul with both genders. This is the point I was trying to get to. Children learn these behaviors and mimic them. Then they become apart of who they are and the cycle continues. But the whole premise is that it honestly stems from selfishness...

Can anyone truley give me one benefit from promiscuous sex other than self gratification?

I don't think its selfishness necessarily unless u are out here deceiving people in order to get a nut...its deeper than that

Most people I know who are promiscuous I've come to discover are tryna fill a void or like I was saying over compensate for maybe a sense of powerlessness, hopelessness, etc

Its just now sleeping around is the cool thing to do, at least for guys... there was a time when even men were shamed

the-best-of-the-skeptical-3rd-world-kid-meme.jpg

when was this?

Name a time?

Well back when Christianity first shaped america

Male, female promiscuity was shameful...at least it was publicly shamed

Even back in my grandmas day men and women who got around weren't considered marriage material
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Did this ? just call me a simp? Lol

Lol Hey hey hey, i never called you a simp. I said you were simpish. You toein the line my ngga.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options
    I just have a problem with how we encourage sexual promiscuity among young boys, men ....their bodies are just as sacred as females

It dones more harm then good especially among blk young men who may over compensate

This is my point...

there is foul with both genders. This is the point I was trying to get to. Children learn these behaviors and mimic them. Then they become apart of who they are and the cycle continues. But the whole premise is that it honestly stems from selfishness...

Can anyone truley give me one benefit from promiscuous sex other than self gratification?

I don't think its selfishness necessarily unless u are out here deceiving people in order to get a nut...its deeper than that

Most people I know who are promiscuous I've come to discover are tryna fill a void or like I was saying over compensate for maybe a sense of powerlessness, hopelessness, etc

Its just now sleeping around is the cool thing to do, at least for guys... there was a time when even men were shamed

Ok then....answer the question....

Other than personal gratification....what good comes from promiscuous sex?
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options
    This thread is 12 pages long and I've asked so many posters questions and ? ducking them save a few....
  • mryounggun
    Options
    What's the question, fam?
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options
    when did patriarchy die?
    because as far as i know women been expected to b more seleccompatibleith their ce the of time.
    how is it a fantasy?
    just because u see ? in your hood given respect usually reserved for wholesome ladies doesn't mean the rest of the planet has totally succumb to low expations, faux feminism, and dignified harlotry.

Now scientist are examining the females of the animal kingdom who have the innate surge to sample many different sperms to find the seed most compatible and the male who could better protect her offspring ...so the outlook on whther or not female promiscuity has any evolutionary benefit is quickly changing

Besides most ? shamers dont do so in the name of science or in name of human survival they do so because they feel as though they are somehow morally superior

my comments were more focused on human evolution

and i agree that people shouldn't be judgmental. my concerns are more about mental and physical health. i think it's rare that a person is promiscuous simply because they like sex. often, especially for women, they are using sex a method to cope with whatever emotional issues they have and that is unhealthy and damaging. and that's not even to talk about stds

this is isn't whole point...not to mention accidental conception which leads unplanned and often times unwanted children...and we know how unwanted children can turn out...

I continue to ask other than personal gratification....what good comes from having promiscuous sex?

The answer is nothing! Since yall dont wanna say it. But it does potentially come with a whole hell of a lot of negative things though...some of which can directly effect both parties involved as well as others...

I posed the question why are people so selfish because continuously having promiscuous sex is a very selfish act indeed. And it honstley is one of those things that is contributing to the moral and societal degradation of our nation. And black people specifically are experiencing the effects harder than anyone else.

This topic is a lot deeper than a lot of people wanna admit.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options

This is my point...

• mryounggun
    Options

This is my point...

Sexual satisfaction. Simple.
This discussion has been closed.