Why Are People So Selfish?!?! (the ? thread)

Options

Comments

• aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    With what I'm reading a lot of u ? Went with every chick yall ? ...
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    What's the question, fam?
    I just have a problem with how we encourage sexual promiscuity among young boys, men ....their bodies are just as sacred as females

Same with how we associate physicality, violence with masculinity...

It dones more harm then good especially among blk young men who may over compensate

This is my point...

there is foul with both genders. This is the point I was trying to get to. Children learn these behaviors and mimic them. Then they become apart of who they are and the cycle continues. But the whole premise is that it honestly stems from selfishness...

Can anyone truley give me one benefit from promiscuous sex other than self gratification?

I don't think its selfishness necessarily unless u are out here deceiving people in order to get a nut...its deeper than that

Most people I know who are promiscuous I've come to discover are tryna fill a void or like I was saying over compensate for maybe a sense of powerlessness, hopelessness, etc

Its just now sleeping around is the cool thing to do, at least for guys... there was a time when even men were shamed

Ok then....answer the question....

Other than personal gratification....what good comes from promiscuous sex?

Sexual satisfaction. Simple.
    Either ? trollin...or tall comprehension off den a ? lmao got damn...bruh I said except personal gratification....

• aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm still trippin off ? caping for ? behavior... U would tell ur daughter it's acceptable to be promiscuous... If a man wife's a hoe cuz he ain't know her history it ain't the same a willingly proposing to the ? of Babylon... It ain't rocket science
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just have a problem with how we encourage sexual promiscuity among young boys, men ....their bodies are just as sacred as females

It dones more harm then good especially among blk young men who may over compensate

This is my point...

there is foul with both genders. This is the point I was trying to get to. Children learn these behaviors and mimic them. Then they become apart of who they are and the cycle continues. But the whole premise is that it honestly stems from selfishness...

Can anyone truley give me one benefit from promiscuous sex other than self gratification?

I don't think its selfishness necessarily unless u are out here deceiving people in order to get a nut...its deeper than that

Most people I know who are promiscuous I've come to discover are tryna fill a void or like I was saying over compensate for maybe a sense of powerlessness, hopelessness, etc

Its just now sleeping around is the cool thing to do, at least for guys... there was a time when even men were shamed

Either ? trollin...or tall comprehension off den a ? lmao got damn...bruh I said except personal gratification....

Or maybe I consider 'personal gratification' and 'sexual satisfaction' two different things. Ever consider that?

Personal gratification = You been trying to smash some random woman for a while and you finally hit
    Sexual Satisfaction = Bussin' that nut

Anyway, your question has been answered. Here's my question:

Does there need to be more good that comes from it? Why is that not good enough? Are you implying that sex with a person you are not committed to is wrong because those are the only good things that come from it?
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options

This is my point...

Or maybe I consider 'personal gratification' and 'sexual satisfaction' two different things. Ever consider that?

Personal gratification = You been trying to smash some random woman for a while and you finally hit

Does there need to be more good that comes from it? Why is that not good enough? Are you implying that sex with a person you are not committed to is wrong because those are the only good things that come from it?

u avoiding the inevitable "no" answer lol.
    kai wrote: »
    when did patriarchy die?
    because as far as i know women been expected to b more seleccompatibleith their ce the of time.
    how is it a fantasy?
    just because u see ? in your hood given respect usually reserved for wholesome ladies doesn't mean the rest of the planet has totally succumb to low expations, faux feminism, and dignified harlotry.

people also don't like to acknowledge that the double standard is really due to biology. you can't undo thousands of years of evolution just cuz you wanna say oh women can/should do everything men do

biologically, sexually promiscuity has a much higher risk than it does reward for women, the opposite is true for men. men are literally biologically driven to mate with as many partners as possible, women aren't and therefore societal expectations bloomed out of these basic biological differences

Now scientist are examining the females of the animal kingdom who have the innate surge to sample many different sperms to find the seed most compatible and the male who could better protect her offspring ...so the outlook on whther or not female promiscuity has any evolutionary benefit is quickly changing

Besides most ? shamers dont do so in the name of science or in name of human survival they do so because they feel as though they are somehow morally superior

my comments were more focused on human evolution

and i agree that people shouldn't be judgmental. my concerns are more about mental and physical health. i think it's rare that a person is promiscuous simply because they like sex. often, especially for women, they are using sex a method to cope with whatever emotional issues they have and that is unhealthy and damaging. and that's not even to talk about stds

this is isn't whole point...not to mention accidental conception which leads unplanned and often times unwanted children...and we know how unwanted children can turn out...

I continue to ask other than personal gratification....what good comes from having promiscuous sex?

The answer is nothing! Since yall dont wanna say it. But it does potentially come with a whole hell of a lot of negative things though...some of which can directly effect both parties involved as well as others...

I posed the question why are people so selfish because continuously having promiscuous sex is a very selfish act indeed. And it honstley is one of those things that is contributing to the moral and societal degradation of our nation. And black people specifically are experiencing the effects harder than anyone else.

This topic is a lot deeper than a lot of people wanna admit.

there u go
  • mryounggun
    Options

This is my point...

when did patriarchy die?
    because as far as i know women been expected to b more seleccompatibleith their ce the of time.
    how is it a fantasy?
    just because u see ? in your hood given respect usually reserved for wholesome ladies doesn't mean the rest of the planet has totally succumb to low expations, faux feminism, and dignified harlotry.

people also don't like to acknowledge that the double standard is really due to biology. you can't undo thousands of years of evolution just cuz you wanna say oh women can/should do everything men do

biologically, sexually promiscuity has a much higher risk than it does reward for women, the opposite is true for men. men are literally biologically driven to mate with as many partners as possible, women aren't and therefore societal expectations bloomed out of these basic biological differences

Now scientist are examining the females of the animal kingdom who have the innate surge to sample many different sperms to find the seed most compatible and the male who could better protect her offspring ...so the outlook on whther or not female promiscuity has any evolutionary benefit is quickly changing

Besides most ? shamers dont do so in the name of science or in name of human survival they do so because they feel as though they are somehow morally superior

and i agree that people shouldn't be judgmental. my concerns are more about mental and physical health. i think it's rare that a person is promiscuous simply because they like sex. often, especially for women, they are using sex a method to cope with whatever emotional issues they have and that is unhealthy and damaging. and that's not even to talk about stds

this is isn't whole point...not to mention accidental conception which leads unplanned and often times unwanted children...and we know how unwanted children can turn out...

I continue to ask other than personal gratification....what good comes from having promiscuous sex?

The answer is nothing! Since yall dont wanna say it. But it does potentially come with a whole hell of a lot of negative things though...some of which can directly effect both parties involved as well as others...

I posed the question why are people so selfish because continuously having promiscuous sex is a very selfish act indeed. And it honstley is one of those things that is contributing to the moral and societal degradation of our nation. And black people specifically are experiencing the effects harder than anyone else.

there u go

So because bad things can potentially happen when a two people do something...that thing is bad. Got it.
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    when did patriarchy die?
    how is it a fantasy?

Yea ...but researchers regularly examine other animals to gain insight on the human psyche, human evolution...

All im saying is evolution, nature is not the sole basis of this double standard...and it looks like women are going to be able to use biology as an excuse for sleeping around soon enough

• Arya Tsaddiq
    Options

This is my point...

when did patriarchy die?
    how is it a fantasy?

there u go

So because bad things can potentially happen when a two people do something...that thing is bad. Got it.

no, but when something has more cons than it does pros then hell yeah. like smoking might feel good, great stress reliever but those pros are so outweighed by the con that it might give you cancer

similarly promiscuity might feel great in the moment, not so much when it can give you a disease that could ? or maim you

Thank you Kai...

Usually its women who groww logic out the window in an attempt to hold on to a point in a discussion...but ? doing that in this thread smh...

• mryounggun
    Options

This is my point...

when did patriarchy die?
    how is it a fantasy?

there u go

no, but when something has more cons than it does pros then hell yeah. like smoking might feel good, great stress reliever but those pros are so outweighed by the con that it might give you cancer

similarly promiscuity might feel great in the moment, not so much when it can give you a disease that could ? or maim you

I get what you're saying, but I'm speaking about certainties. Not possibilities. Take your example; a lot of people would feel differently about smoking if it were a situation were it may or may not cause health issues. If it were a situation were you could choose the right cigarette, use some sort of lung protection, etc, and still get the stress relief that smoking brings...more people would do it. But the reality is that smoking WILL give you heath issues, as a point of fact.

Casual sex isn't like that. That's why I don't buy the pros vs. cons argument. Because really it pros vs. POTENTIAL cons.

See what I mean?
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    its strange what some of u cats surmise from these discussions...
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options
    @mryounggun

What is ur stance on promiscuous sex?

Because I see it as a selfish act because of the potential to harm others and bring a child into this world that could be in a bad situation....

The only benefit is personal sexual satisfaction if u smashing women you know are promiscuous.....and vice versa...
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options
    its strange what some of u cats surmise from these discussions...

name names cuz
  • mryounggun
    Options

This is my point...

when did patriarchy die?
    how is it a fantasy?

there u go

I get what you're saying, but I'm speaking about certainties. Not possibilities. Take your example; a lot of people would feel differently about smoking if it were a situation were it may or may not cause health issues. If it were a situation were you could choose the right cigarette, use some sort of lung protection, etc, and still get the stress relief that smoking brings...more people would do it. But the reality is that smoking WILL give you heath issues, as a point of fact.

Casual sex isn't like that. That's why I don't buy the pros vs. cons argument. Because really it pros vs. POTENTIAL cons.

See what I mean?

i follow you and agree. but promiscuity is different from just casual sex in that it is indiscriminant, meaning people are not being safe as far as contraception, protection or choosing partners, and because of that those potential cons turn much more real

If that's what ? mean by promiscuous sex, I agree. But like I mentioned earlier in the thread, my definition - the actual definition - of promiscuous is different. But yeah, if that's what you mean, I agree.

@mansamusa67 - That's how you defining the ? , as well?
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This is my point...

Fam what kind of robot question is this? Lol

If u wanna make it a religious argument then there is a clear answer. But that would derail the thread completely.

If not, it sounds like you're asking why do people like sex. Ngga, we're humans. Why does my ? get hard nh when seeing an attractive woman? You askin questions that are above any of our paygrades.
  • mryounggun
    Options
    @mryounggun

What is ur stance on promiscuous sex?

Because I see it as a selfish act because of the potential to harm others and bring a child into this world that could be in a bad situation....

The only benefit is personal sexual satisfaction if u smashing women you know are promiscuous.....and vice versa...

My answer to this depends on the question I posed to you in my last post.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options
    @mryounggun

Yes...and ? talking bout smashing women who are known for being loose and would never consider being in a relationship with. Whether its safe or not...it doesn't matter.

• mryounggun
    Options
    @mryounggun

Yes...and ? talking bout smashing women who are known for being loose and would never consider being in a relationship with. Whether its safe or not...it doesn't matter.

If you're defining promiscuous the same way that Kai is, then I agree. If you aren't particular about the person, and being safe, etc, then the cons far outweigh the pros.
  • mryounggun
    Options
    Piyonce wrote: »
    Yeah man imma start suckin ? with a condom

Don't eem bother.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options
    S2J wrote: »

This is my point...

Fam what kind of robot question is this? Lol

If u wanna make it a religious argument then there is a clear answer. But that would derail the thread completely.

If not, it sounds like you're asking why do people like sex. Ngga, we're humans. Why does my ? get hard nh when seeing an attractive woman? You askin questions that are above any of our paygrades.

how is it a robot question? Lol its legitimate...with every decision u make, do you or do u not weigh all possible outcomes ur choice could bring about?

• desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I

This is my point...

Nothing really ...same as for most things people do for pleasure, to self medicate... ie smoke, drink, gamble
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bruh, this is some ? you don't say out in public because these ? hoes will come in here and say "thank you for understanding why I sucked so many ? and got multiple kids. If it wasn't for these ? out here wanting that, I wouldn't be bothered copping knee pads"

No ? , you had a choice. You chose to be a hoe. Let's keep it real now. Those ? starving for attention will starve for attention regardless if a ? is paying attention or not.

Stop excusing these hoes bruh.
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    I'm still trippin off ? caping for ? behavior...

Who been "caping for hoe behavior"?

If anything me a Mansa been denouncing it.

The problem ? like you have with what me and Mansa been saying is the fact that we're calling out the hoe behavior of men too.

I still haven't heard a logical answer to why it's cool for dudes to be hoes but not females....
  • FourEfil
    FourEfil Members Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Du_Du wrote: »
    Kat wrote: »
    this ? remind me for some strange reason of a debate/argument we was having at a cookout that got rained in the house one summer....

the chicks won control of the tv for some reason and we were watching one of those hgtv shows where this house had a pink and purple bathroom....and the fellas led by me of course just started clowning on how that was a bitchified bathroom, and no self respecting man would allow that ? ....

of course a debate ensued about double standards, homophobia and whole lotta other ? .....

then i deaded the ? by saying..

"iight well..if you go to a single ? house right now and you walk in his bathroom and the ? all pink and purple...u still ? ?"

pin drop silence......

i don't know if this relate to the issue at hand or not, but i basically wanna say alotta this logic, and ? about how yal think things should be don't really play out in practice...

women want a stud that's been around.......men want a pure diamond....

all those other arguments sound good on paper, but in reality, that's not how it works out...

yall want it to be one way......but it's the other way

That's not true though..alot of men SAY they want a 'pure diamond' then they turn her into a CZ cause in all actuality dude is a ? that DOESN'T want a pure diamond nor does he know how to treat one.

BEAM was absolutely correct. If you're the type of dude that's out here ? recklessly what makes you think you deserve or even truly WANT a virginal woman? For appearances?

I know what type of woman I am and I chose a man accordingly. I wouldn't be with a super conservative dude cause that's not me and I know I'd do him bad.

Dudes lie to themselves and in turn end up ? up GOOD women that deserve better than anything that ? ass dude can ever offer them.

you meet a guy, you like a guy, you're trying to impress a guy.....

how truthful are you about your sexual past?

people only lie to cover up something they know is wrong. if you really feel like as a woman that you are okay with sleeping with a lot of people then logic would dictate that you would have no problem with him knowing how many people you've slept with. lying indicates that you feel some sort of shame, and if you feel shame deep down you aren't really okay with it yourself. and if you aren't okay with it, then how do you expect anyone else to be?
    that's why women who've had under 5 partners are quicker to share that ? than women who've had over.....

Even us count the bad sex (men)
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »
    Bruh, this is some ? you don't say out in public because these ? hoes will come in here and say "thank you for understanding why I sucked so many ? and got multiple kids. If it wasn't for these ? out here wanting that, I wouldn't be bothered copping knee pads"

No ? , you had a choice. You chose to be a hoe. Let's keep it real now. Those ? starving for attention will starve for attention regardless if a ? is paying attention or not.

Stop excusing these hoes bruh.

Who excusing it tho?

I even said women like the hypothetical woman in ur post are part of the problem. A ? makes a stat.ent that hit the core of some of yall and now im "capin" lol....

Na bruh im calling it like I see it
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    I'm still trippin off ? caping for ? behavior...

Who been "caping for hoe behavior"?

If anything me a Mansa been denouncing it.

The problem ? like you have with what me and Mansa been saying is the fact that we're calling out the hoe behavior of men too.

I still haven't heard a logical answer to why it's cool for dudes to be hoes but not females....

My ?

monta-ellis-handshake-o_original.gif?1378507966
This discussion has been closed.