A big-bang theory gets a big boost: Evidence that vast cosmos was created in split second

Options

Comments

• Knock_Twice
    Knock_Twice Members Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Da Riddler wrote: »
    Idk why people cant understand the earth has been evolving for millions of years and we're(humans) are a very small part of its history.

Inb4 jonah hill lives in a whale over the weekend.

How so??

serious question..
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    I recommend you watch the cosmos
    Dro and afro thunder

What is that a show? U got a link?
  • _Goldie_
    Options
    Idk why people cant understand the earth has been evolving for millions of years and we're(humans) are a very small part of its history.

How so??

serious question..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EH1rnFvrkFc
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

How so??

serious question..
    Da ?
    Copper wrote: »
    I recommend you watch the cosmos
    Dro and afro thunder

What is that a show? U got a link?

Neil degrasse Tyson new show on fox
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    I find it funny that everyone who doesn't agree w evolution has only one gripe w it, the fact that we, humans, evolved from apes.

I've really never heard anyone complain about any other evolutionary animal.

It's these type of people who are the epitome of ignorance.

Lol...

Tell me something..evolution is an ongoing thing..something constantly happening correct?? out of control per say

Why is things in such a control manner and have been in such a control manner for x amount of time...

i.e. photosynthesis...the food chain...

Evolution isn't suppose to have 'order' associated with it...how could that be... that we have such order and things to continue to perform how they perform...

Why isn't there another Grand Canyon being built... or another ocean being formed...what evolution suddenly stop making things??

If you are an artist and you are drawing on a canvas with your brush...you just going to paint a mountain and ocean and stop there and come and fill it out later?? or will you paint everything and form everything (6 days) and let it be...

I'm not trolling, I'm just trying to see and understand your stance...not preaching neither, just real talk..man to man

It hasn't stopped.

Why do you think everyone needs a flu shot? Why do you think there's new illnesses and diseases?

A possible, new, evolutionary trait that may be happening now, are the rattlers on rattlesnakes. They aren't rattling anymore, or as much, to avoid detection from humans, who look for them to skin for products.

It's quite possible that certain rattlesnakes, depending on the areas and human hunters, will no longer have a need to use their rattlers and it will eventually evolve to not have them any more.
  • afro thunder
    afro thunder Members Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not sure watching any video will convince me on evolution. I've been fortunate enough to travel around the world and see ? with my own eyes that science can't explain.

We have some Africans and cats from the islands posting on here. Any of yall want to enlighten us on the Juju and the other magical ? that happens in whichever country you come from? Science can't even explain simple fortunate tellers.

Funny how some of you discredit the stories from the Bible because you say it can't be proved. Then turn around and start telling me evolution happens over millions of years...in other words can't really be proved either since none of us will ever see it happen. Scientists are pulling stories out their ass. So I say the same thing you guys say about the Bible. Show me.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    Options
    The big bang isn't exactly right. It's like the big expansion. The universe was compressed.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not sure watching any video will convince me on evolution. I've been fortunate enough to travel around the world and see ? with my own eyes that science can't explain.

We have some Africans and cats from the islands posting on here. Any of yall want to enlighten us on the Juju and the other magical ? that happens in whichever country you come from? Science can't even explain simple fortunate tellers.

Funny how some of you discredit the stories from the Bible because you say it can't be proved. Then turn around and start telling me evolution happens over millions of years...in other words can't really be proved either since none of us will ever see it happen. Scientists are pulling stories out their ass. So I say the same thing you guys say about the Bible. Show me.

Will anything? Not a joke, serious question.
  • Knock_Twice
    Options
    I find it funny that everyone who doesn't agree w evolution has only one gripe w it, the fact that we, humans, evolved from apes.

Lol...

Tell me something..evolution is an ongoing thing..something constantly happening correct?? out of control per say

Why is things in such a control manner and have been in such a control manner for x amount of time...

Evolution isn't suppose to have 'order' associated with it...how could that be... that we have such order and things to continue to perform how they perform...

Why isn't there another Grand Canyon being built... or another ocean being formed...what evolution suddenly stop making things??

If you are an artist and you are drawing on a canvas with your brush...you just going to paint a mountain and ocean and stop there and come and fill it out later?? or will you paint everything and form everything (6 days) and let it be...

I'm not trolling, I'm just trying to see and understand your stance...not preaching neither, just real talk..man to man

It hasn't stopped.

Why do you think everyone needs a flu shot? Why do you think there's new illnesses and diseases?

A possible, new, evolutionary trait that may be happening now, are the rattlers on rattlesnakes. They aren't rattling anymore, or as much, to avoid detection from humans, who look for them to skin for products.

It's quite possible that certain rattlesnakes, depending on the areas and human hunters, will no longer have a need to use their rattlers and it will eventually evolve to not have them any more.

New illnesses...seems to me that the 'old' illness are returning more so than the new ones..and could it be that the new illness come from how man is destroying the earth, or could it be that the illnesses and diseases has always been around but with the mind of man 'exploring' and doing things, that this new batch of diseases has been let outta the box...I'm not saying you're wrong or any, but this is my view

rattlers on rattlesnake theory can come from change in the environment but you call it evolution, I can't tied that too evolution..too me evolution is forming of something...another ocean formed...a new Grand Canyon formed in Tampa...something like that...400 more elements being found..naturally (not man made)...when the earth spits out something new...not because a rattlesnake can now slide backwards and he couldn't do so 10 years ago or humming birds don't hum anymore...again not saying you're wrong, but I'm looking more so of seeing another major epic event from evolution happening...like seeing another 50ft dinosaur or something...King Kong species forming...
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rather believe what my ancestors taught rather than what them white folk taught us

Yall see where listening to them white folk got us lmao...
  • Roster Player #99
    Roster Player #99 Members Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    evolution explains "the what" and the bible explains "the who".....IMO. They dont agree from time to time because of obvious time differences and constraints/variables. I aint spending my life tryna figure out why tho....? all that.
  • _Goldie_
    Options
    Judah Back wrote: »
    Rather believe what my ancestors taught rather than what them white folk taught us

What did your ancestors teach?
  • afro thunder
    afro thunder Members Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »

Good question. I'm usually open minded but extremely hard headed when it comes to evolution because goes against everything I believe in. Now that I think about it, I don't believe there is anything that will really convince me. I'm firm in my beliefs.
  • VIBE
    Options

Lol...

It hasn't stopped.

New illnesses...seems to me that the 'old' illness are returning more so than the new ones..and could it be that the new illness come from how man is destroying the earth, or could it be that the illnesses and diseases has always been around but with the mind of man 'exploring' and doing things, that this new batch of diseases has been let outta the box...I'm not saying you're wrong or any, but this is my view

rattlers on rattlesnake theory can come from change in the environment but you call it evolution, I can't tied that too evolution..too me evolution is forming of something...another ocean formed...a new Grand Canyon formed in Tampa...something like that...400 more elements being found..naturally (not man made)...when the earth spits out something new...not because a rattlesnake can now slide backwards and he couldn't do so 10 years ago or humming birds don't hum anymore...again not saying you're wrong, but I'm looking more so of seeing another major epic event from evolution happening...like seeing another 50ft dinosaur or something...King Kong species forming...

Um, that's what evolution is, a change in something.

You're looking for something big, which would be considered macro evolution. This is something that we could never observe in a life time because it takes a long, long time for this type of evolution to occur.

We can only observe micro evolution, mainly in bacterias, viruses etc.. Because they evolve at a really fast rate and are easy to observe.

You say "why isn't there a new Grand Canyon", well, that's because it takes millions of years for this to happen and the right conditions would be needed. This isn't observable as a large scale change, but on a small scale, you can see how it works. They use sand/dirt to show how this works..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXXfUNG2Nqg

But if you want this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN0cZg_9XeM

Then stay alive for a few million years.

This is also how caves are formed within earth.
  • VIBE
    Options

No evidence? Have you ever researched for any?
  • Knock_Twice
    Options
    Judah Back wrote: »

What did your ancestors teach?

Just a question folk..man to man ( I say that cuz I aint with the clickin of reactions) just real ?

Those who wrote the bible..back then, do you think that they had the mindset to write/make up those stories of that manner and have that much of knowledge to be put out there, there are books in the bible where it just speaks on being wiser than the next man..gaining control of situations in life, (evolution can't teach you that) but just off the strength on those men education level..which i know majority were poor and peasents and degree of knowing things that are now happening now...Do you really think those men sat around a pub got drun and created those stories?? or was it some type of intervene with a higher being that set inside them (mind and heart) to make them write out those stories out that way?? or is this all evolution work being done..
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Lol...

It hasn't stopped.

So the issue is that u don't know the definition of evolution?
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »

Good question. I'm usually open minded but extremely hard headed when it comes to evolution because goes against everything I believe in. Now that I think about it, I don't believe there is anything that will really convince me. I'm firm in my beliefs.

Salute. More people should be honest with themselves and others and just say 'Yeah, I believe XYZ and there aint nothing you can say to make me change my mind.'
  • _Goldie_
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Like stated earlier, I believe some parts of the bible are true, but alot of it is either exaggerated or completely false. I cant say that there was an agenda behind it, I just think that was their personal perception. During that time , you were outcasted and killed for being a follower of Jesus , the first person who wrote the bible was killed for it lol It wasnt the IT thing to do or believe , with that beng said there were many religions and "gods" before Jesus.
  • Knock_Twice
    Options

Lol...

It hasn't stopped.

Um, that's what evolution is, a change in something.

You're looking for something big, which would be considered macro evolution. This is something that we could never observe in a life time because it takes a long, long time for this type of evolution to occur.

We can only observe micro evolution, mainly in bacterias, viruses etc.. Because they evolve at a really fast rate and are easy to observe.

You say "why isn't there a new Grand Canyon", well, that's because it takes millions of years for this to happen and the right conditions would be needed. This isn't observable as a large scale change, but on a small scale, you can see how it works. They use sand/dirt to show how this works..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXXfUNG2Nqg

But if you want this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN0cZg_9XeM

Then stay alive for a few million years.

This is also how caves are formed within earth.

Ok if not a grand canyon, I'll give you that and let's say it takes a million years to form, but can I get at least something that jumps out per say...I know you saying millions of years it takes 'big' things to form...but by your logic, the earth has been created for millions of years and we only have "ONE" grand canyon, if the earth has scientist projected to say it's x millions years old...lets say 3 or 4 (could be more)..Ima use a small number..from the first grand canyon being formed to until now, a million or so years has passed, It should be time for another one in our life time? it's been over x millions of years since that I'm just asking..evolution is constantly changing and we should have gotten another grand canyon since that 1st one or another ocean...
    all that is on a small scale (bacteria and viruses) that we are finding...some viruses been around for some time that have wiped out nations e (Romans) and folks wasn't able to find out what was to name of the so call virus that killed 1/3 of those ppl..now if we find out what it is today, is it a new finding that evolution has made.. I just can tip my hat on evolution being so orderly...the food chain is still in tact...plants still need water and sun to grow..etc..
    change doesn't associated with order....if something changes order is out of line or goes a stray somewhere...and evolution is constantly changing everyday, but plants still need water and sun
  • Knock_Twice
    Options
    Chicity wrote: »

Lol...

It hasn't stopped.

So the issue is that u don't know the definition of evolution?

I do,

the change in inherited characteristics..

I just gave you some examples of why plants still need water and sun...

I asked why hasn't dinosaurs become back into existences...why hasn't another species of a human form from any other animal species since the beginning of time...I mean evolution changes constantly

serious question...
  • VIBE
    Options
    There's many canyons, not just the Grand Canyon. They're all over; Utah, Texas, Canada, Mexico, Peru, Africa, Europe etx...
  • VIBE
    Options
    Do your research, maybe you'll find what you need.
  • _Goldie_
    Options
    The grand canyon is small ? , u do know all the continents were one and then split during evolution?

and how the hell is another ocean gonna pop up? lol
  • Knock_Twice
    Options
    Do your research, maybe you'll find what you need.

No problem folk