A big-bang theory gets a big boost: Evidence that vast cosmos was created in split second

Options

Comments

• SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wait... people in here think science claims that oceans and the grand canyon were formed by evolution? And you guys are arguing with them about the Big Bang theory? Good luck with that.

Really though - being religious is no excuse for being stupid. Step your ? up or at least just stay out of the way when adults are talking about ? you don't understand.
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As far as evolution goes, would different races kind of prove evolution to be correct?? If mankind started in Africa obviously the complexion would be dark but since some people migrated from there to different parts of the world, and their skin color changed as well as different features you see in different races??
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol. what does this prove? This only validates what the scriptures teach. ? created the universe and He didn't even break a sweat. He stretched out the heavens like a tent to dwell in. ? said it, I believe it, that settles it. Amen.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    INB4 @DoYouWant2Go2Heaven comes thru and unleash biblical ether on ALL the nonbelievers.

Lol.
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    lol. what does this prove? This only validates what the scriptures teach. ? created the universe and He didn't even break a sweat. He stretched out the heavens like a tent to dwell in. ? said it, I believe it, that settles it. Amen.

oh_lol_gif.gif
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Read Genesis order on how things were from and read real research. The Hindus won on their creation story.
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is there a legitimate reason why your ? feared his creation having Knowledge Of Self?
  • Rasta.
    Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chicity wrote: »
    Is there a legitimate reason why your ? feared his creation having Knowledge Of Self?

"You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your ? , am a jealous ? , punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me"--Exodus 20:5
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SugaBuga wrote: »
    As far as evolution goes, would different races kind of prove evolution to be correct?? If mankind started in Africa obviously the complexion would be dark but since some people migrated from there to different parts of the world, and their skin color changed as well as different features you see in different races??

it would have been "evolutionarily better" to stay black because darker skin would "hold in heat" in colder climates and "refect heat" in warmer ones...
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    I find it funny that everyone who doesn't agree w evolution has only one gripe w it, the fact that we, humans, evolved from apes.

I've really never heard anyone complain about any other evolutionary animal.

It's these type of people who are the epitome of ignorance.

Lol...

Tell me something..evolution is an ongoing thing..something constantly happening correct?? out of control per say

Why is things in such a control manner and have been in such a control manner for x amount of time...

i.e. photosynthesis...the food chain...

Evolution isn't suppose to have 'order' associated with it...how could that be... that we have such order and things to continue to perform how they perform...

Why isn't there another Grand Canyon being built... or another ocean being formed...what evolution suddenly stop making things??

If you are an artist and you are drawing on a canvas with your brush...you just going to paint a mountain and ocean and stop there and come and fill it out later?? or will you paint everything and form everything (6 days) and let it be...

I'm not trolling, I'm just trying to see and understand your stance...not preaching neither, just real talk..man to man

It hasn't stopped.

Why do you think everyone needs a flu shot? Why do you think there's new illnesses and diseases?

A possible, new, evolutionary trait that may be happening now, are the rattlers on rattlesnakes. They aren't rattling anymore, or as much, to avoid detection from humans, who look for them to skin for products.

It's quite possible that certain rattlesnakes, depending on the areas and human hunters, will no longer have a need to use their rattlers and it will eventually evolve to not have them any more.

New illnesses...seems to me that the 'old' illness are returning more so than the new ones..and could it be that the new illness come from how man is destroying the earth, or could it be that the illnesses and diseases has always been around but with the mind of man 'exploring' and doing things, that this new batch of diseases has been let outta the box...I'm not saying you're wrong or any, but this is my view

rattlers on rattlesnake theory can come from change in the environment but you call it evolution, I can't tied that too evolution..too me evolution is forming of something...another ocean formed...a new Grand Canyon formed in Tampa...something like that...400 more elements being found..naturally (not man made)...when the earth spits out something new...not because a rattlesnake can now slide backwards and he couldn't do so 10 years ago or humming birds don't hum anymore...again not saying you're wrong, but I'm looking more so of seeing another major epic event from evolution happening...like seeing another 50ft dinosaur or something...King Kong species forming...
    So the issue is that u don't know the definition of evolution?

I do,

the change in inherited characteristics..

I just gave you some examples of why plants still need water and sun...

I asked why hasn't dinosaurs become back into existences...why hasn't another species of a human form from any other animal species since the beginning of time...I mean evolution changes constantly

serious question...

I does not work like that dinosaurs can't reevolve because the conditions that gave rise to dinosaurs no longer exist. There used to be other human like animals around at the saame time as man walked the earth but they all died out.

? created all the workings and laws of the universe that includes the laws of biology and evolution that is what seems very very clear to me.
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options

it would have been "evolutionarily better" to stay black because darker skin would "hold in heat" in colder climates and "refect heat" in warmer ones...

tumblr_m76mjmyAtg1rbpmyvo1_250.gif

So youre sayin it wouldve been evolutionarily better if we had lighter skin in africa to stay cool?
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I find it funny that everyone who doesn't agree w evolution has only one gripe w it, the fact that we, humans, evolved from apes.

I've really never heard anyone complain about any other evolutionary animal.

It's these type of people who are the epitome of ignorance.

I think its because people do not want to view themselves as part of the natural process.

Humans believe they are separate from nature and that nature exists for them to manipulate it as they please.

Unfortunately, this attitude has caused humans to destroy the environment to the point of non repair and as a consequence, harm ourselves.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options

We don't even know our true self my friend. There have only been 3 true humans that ever lived on planet earth. Adam and eve before the fall, and Jesus Christ. Every one else who has ever lived are distorted versions of true humans because of our fallen nature and separation from ? .

I'd advise you to seek the LORD while He may be found and call upon Him while He is near. Forsake your wicked ways and turn to the LORD, for He will abundantly pardon and cleanse you from all your unrighteousness. Once you do that you will discover what it truly means to live. Will you come to Him today?
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anansi wrote: »

"You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your ? , am a jealous ? , punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me"--Exodus 20:5
    Are u saying knowledge of self gave way to knowledge of other *beings* that the 'Lord' felt you might worship instead of him?

That's cloth u dingbat, not pigmentation

We don't even know our true self my friend. There have only been 3 true humans that ever lived on planet earth. Adam and eve before the fall, and Jesus Christ. Every one else who has ever lived are distorted versions of true humans because of our fallen nature and separation from ? .

I'd advise you to seek the LORD while He may be found and call upon Him while He is near. Forsake your wicked ways and turn to the LORD, for He will abundantly pardon and cleanse you from all your unrighteousness. Once you do that you will discover what it truly means to live. Will you come to Him today?
    Did you learn who you were under ya momma's ? or when u were able to go out into the world?
  • Bodhi
    Options
    Maaannn @Knock_Twice‌
    I know this is the internet and ? but you've been doing this too much and it's one of my pet peeves. I'm gonna help you out cuz I know you want to sound smart when you debate these topics..

per se (not per say) means "in itself" or "intrinsically", not "so to speak" ( as I believe you are trying to use it)

i.e. is like saying "in other words"
    and
    e.g. is like saying "for example"
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Big Bang Theory has always been a cop out way explaining how we're here. Both arguments are weak in my opinion.

Argument One..........He was bored and created the universe

Argument Two..................There was nothing then a explosion happen universe was made

Shut up

Exactly how I feel....in fact I think most theories are cop out theories including religion....We are in the infancy of understanding ourselfs and the universe.....
  • Rasta.
    Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Are u saying knowledge of self gave way to knowledge of other *beings* that the 'Lord' felt you might worship instead of him?

Did you learn who you were under ya momma's ? or when u were able to go out into the world?

Think of it this way....you have kids and you tell/teach them right from wrong but eventually they're gonna grow up and think and act for themselves. You're however jealous of what they may learn and know so.....
  • Bodhi
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    The Big Bang Theory has always been a cop out way explaining how we're here. Both arguments are weak in my opinion.

Argument Two..................There was nothing then a explosion happen universe was made

Shut up

No, your understanding is weak. The big bang theory doesn't state that the universe was created ex nihilo like creationism does. The big bang theory states that the universe was once compacted in what is called a singularity. Then, for unknown reasons, the universe expanded. That is not something from nothing.
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    The intelligence level of the ? is frightening, but there are some rays of sunlight.
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Emperor, but you the dumbest dude in here lol. What does the singularity have to do with making the big bang theory more plausible? Science is forever evolving in a few hundred years this theory will be laughed at.

Here is another theory of how the universe started. I don't believe it, but it is interesting and makes good points. Humans need to stop using their egos

http://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    Yet I'm smarter than you...

The ego is our true selves so why would we not use our intellect and rational thought?
  • Bodhi
    Options
    Oceanic wrote: »

Shut up

No, your understanding is weak. The big bang theory doesn't state that the universe was created ex nihilo like creationism does. The big bang theory states that the universe was once compacted in what is called a singularity. Then, for unknown reasons, the universe expanded. That is not something from nothing.

Lol at those unknown reasons that means that theory is a cop out. Orrrrrrr something or someone told the universe to explode but we know better than that right?

Your saying "something or someone" shows that you, too, are uncertain of the causes so why lol at me admitting I don't know everything?

Besides, "something or someone" creating something from absolutely nothing and then commanding that inanimate something to expand hardly makes any amount of sense. Are you saying that theory sounds better than the scientific one iyo?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited March 2014
    Options

So why does the original comicbook say he rested on the 7th day ?
    LOL. ? didn't rest because He was tired. ? never sleeps, nor slumbers. He rested because there was nothing left for Him to do. Read the text my friend.

"And ? saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day." Genesis 1:31

After His last act of creation, the creation of mankind. He saw everything that He made and it was "VERY GOOD". ? was satisfied with His handiwork and thus He was finished. There was nothing left for Him to do, thus He rested from creating on the 7th day, which in turn He gave humanity a model, which is actually a commandment to rest on the 7th day, while we work on the other 6 days. Amen.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    ? made the universe and everything in it and He didn't even half try. LOL @ the thought of ? being "tired" thus He needed to "rest". Preposterous!

"Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep." Psalm 121:4

How can you understand heavenly things, if you can't even understand earthly things?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options

I never knew what living was until I met Jesus Christ. Have you entered into life yet my friend?