Bill Gates: There's no scientific explanation of how it (the universe) came about!

Options

Comments

• Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oceanic wrote: »
    for my own sanity...the problem people are having with evolution is just about the beginning of species right?
    people ain't denying the observable changes...like poaching causing elephants to not have tusks...wolves to dogs & ? like that right?

Micro evolution can be observed. It's a change (watch this now) within a species!

Macro evolution has never been observed, will never be observed, and can never be observed because it is a LIE. One species doesn't morph, evolve, change, or teleport into a completely different species because of (whatever) factors you won't to throw out there. It just does not happen.

? created everything thing after their own KIND! That is why Adam could not find someone who was "like him" when he named all the animals.

Amen.

if micro evolution can occur, so can macro evolution.

all it takes is one small change to cause speciation.

If humans can some how evoke to grow gills we can live in the water as well. All it takes is one small change to cause speciation! You know kind of like this

image.jpg

Just because an animal can swim doesn't mean it needs gills.

• DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    J-Breezy wrote: »
    And evolution doesn't consciously change one species into something else so it can't just break down a pig and put it back together as some new form ? nilly

Aaaaand why not?
    Evolution says we evolved from single cell organisms into multi cell organisms.

In fact how did this happen? Real question btw

Science tells us that you need life to create life.
    You take some dna from here and some dna from over there put it together and BOOM you have life.
    That is an undisputable fact

At what point was this single cell organism able to create all kinds of life from itself?
    Even if it did reproduce (assuming it was asexual) wouldn't its offspring have the same genetic makeup?

Single cell + single cell = multi cellular organism??

I thought if you mate two organisms you were going to get a copy, not something else.

wait, what?
    Bruh, I said that evolution doesn't consciously make decisions to create a species. In other words, there is no person controlling evolution .. Nature does not work toward an end goal and on the flipside, animals don't consciously decide their evolutionary paths as you suggested. A pig can't DECIDE that he wants to fly and boom, pigs grow wings.

So who tells the fish to leave its natural habitat, somehow finagle it's way on land, some how survive on land, somehow grow legs?

No one tells it to.

So if no one is directing the fish to leave its natural habitat, why would said fish leave?

• DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    A fish has the opportunity to decide it wants to leave water, survive on land, grow legs

20090228-giant_mudskipper-scaled-10001.jpg

Show me the fish growing legs. Oh yeah that's how ? created it. Never mind.

Evolution doesn't occur over the course of minutes.

Right, because it happens over the course of billions of years which in fact no one has ever witnessed it taking place.

Sounds credible......shaq face
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kzzl wrote: »
    So basically you're peddling off speculation as proven fact? And In turn betting your own soul on a complete farce?

You should be smart enough to realize that's the same thing you're doing with jesus. Big as a house, but you acting like your brain is smaller than a mustard seed.

1. My faith is based on evidence.

2. My faith rests and resides in proven, tried, and tested truth.

3. My faith is like a mustard seed, with the ability to move mountains.

Will you accept Christ as your Savior today?

You don't have proof of anything. You just be doing too much on here. Your level of delusion is a special one that people have. I think you're hiding from something and jesus is the wall you're using for cover. Just a safety net from whatever reality you trying to escape.

Strip yourself of your religion and ask yourself what you've got left. Is it a man that you're willing to face in the mirror?

1. The only thing I'm covered in is the blood of Jesus Christ
    which cleanses me from all sin! Hallelujah!

2. My ? is a strong tower, the righteous run into it and are safe!

3. Religion isn't my savior. Jesus Christ the solid rock is my savior! Can I lead you down the Romans road today?

Wow... this ? really is that damn crazy. Can't even reach him on some real ? . You must of really been a ? up guy before whatever it was that made you like this.

You know who you remind me of? You ever seen that movie, "Pain & Gain"? Came out last year. There's this character that Dwayne Johnson plays....

[img]https://dceqiz5mzs7j4.cloudfront.net/app/public/system/zin e_images/121641/hunt/859d22084db4570e01a6683ec0b39307.jpg[/img] ... that's exactly who you sound like.

I haven't seen the movie yet. But I am crazy about Jesus!

He's forgiven me of ALL my sin and accepted me into His family by giving me eternal life! How can any saved being not be crazy about the LORD?

He's just so good! Can I introduce you to Him today?

? , I know you're crazy bout jesus. I completely agree with you about that. I'll pass on a introduction, though.

I figure a guy that loves heaven
    and jesus as much as you has got to be walking round with a
    death wish. You walk around all day hoping to get hit by a truck or something?
    Nah, I walk around everyday seeking to
    Glorify ? by letting my light shine before men, so that they can see the work of ? in me and thus glorify the King of the universe!

He loves you my friend. Behold, He stands at the door and knocks! Will you let Him in?

? , I said no the first time. Stop spamming us with jesus.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    What was even the point of using Bill Gates as some messenger of scientific cosmic study?

Academically, what does this guy even have for his opinion to contend with the worlds top leading Space scientist?

Whatever you believe, piggybacking off a computer nerd about cosmic study is not helpful for any of us. But it's interesting that you're giving a man most known for his wealth such a pedestal.

The only reason why I made the thread was because of the anomaly that it presents. The bible clearly teaches that it is HARD for a rich man to enter into heaven, but yet it is still possible with ? !

And here we have not just a rich man, but the richest man I the world who has confessed that he not only believes in ? , but that if makes perfect sense to believe in ? !

Thread was worthy to be Mae based off that alone. Does it have any bearing on the salvation of my soul? No. My faith has already been rooted in the truth! Hallelujah! But maybe some lurker or participated in this thread will have seeds planted in them or watered that will one day produce fruit springing up into everlasting life. Amen.

So you just used him cause he's rich. These "lost souls" are suppose to turn they life around cause the rich white man, lacking scholarly knowledge of this subject, said so.

Your madness is impressive. You repeated black history in front of all of us in your own special way.

I see the whole premise went over head. Now it's a race thing as well. You've completely missed the point. But hey, Jesus Christ loves you!

• atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    edited March 2014
    Options
    for my own sanity...the problem people are having with evolution is just about the beginning of species right?
    people ain't denying the observable changes...like poaching causing elephants to not have tusks...wolves to dogs & ? like that right?

Micro evolution can be observed. It's a change (watch this now) within a species!

Macro evolution has never been observed, will never be observed, and can never be observed because it is a LIE. One species doesn't morph, evolve, change, or teleport into a completely different species because of (whatever) factors you won't to throw out there. It just does not happen.

? created everything thing after their own KIND! That is why Adam could not find someone who was "like him" when he named all the animals.

Amen.
    dogs & wolves are different species...
    it takes many many generations for speciation to occur. of course nobody lived that long to sit & record the beginning to end of a direwolf to a pit bull. what's your point?

the bolded sounds like ? being used to fill in blanks again...
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options

Amen.
    it takes many many generations for speciation to occur. of course nobody lived that long to sit & record the beginning to end. what's your point?

Wolves and Dogs are of the same kind. They both belong to the canidae family. So your argument is not valid. Amen.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options

Amen.

If humans can some how evoke to grow gills we can live in the water as well. All it takes is one small change to cause speciation! You know kind of like this

image.jpg

Still waiting for you to show me a fish that is living in water grow legs and survive on land.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options
    So basically you're peddling off speculation as proven fact? And In turn betting your own soul on a complete farce?

You should be smart enough to realize that's the same thing you're doing with jesus. Big as a house, but you acting like your brain is smaller than a mustard seed.

1. My faith is based on evidence.

2. My faith rests and resides in proven, tried, and tested truth.

3. My faith is like a mustard seed, with the ability to move mountains.

Will you accept Christ as your Savior today?

You don't have proof of anything. You just be doing too much on here. Your level of delusion is a special one that people have. I think you're hiding from something and jesus is the wall you're using for cover. Just a safety net from whatever reality you trying to escape.

Strip yourself of your religion and ask yourself what you've got left. Is it a man that you're willing to face in the mirror?

1. The only thing I'm covered in is the blood of Jesus Christ
    which cleanses me from all sin! Hallelujah!

2. My ? is a strong tower, the righteous run into it and are safe!

3. Religion isn't my savior. Jesus Christ the solid rock is my savior! Can I lead you down the Romans road today?

Wow... this ? really is that damn crazy. Can't even reach him on some real ? . You must of really been a ? up guy before whatever it was that made you like this.

You know who you remind me of? You ever seen that movie, "Pain & Gain"? Came out last year. There's this character that Dwayne Johnson plays....

[img]https://dceqiz5mzs7j4.cloudfront.net/app/public/system/zin e_images/121641/hunt/859d22084db4570e01a6683ec0b39307.jpg[/img] ... that's exactly who you sound like.

I haven't seen the movie yet. But I am crazy about Jesus!

He's forgiven me of ALL my sin and accepted me into His family by giving me eternal life! How can any saved being not be crazy about the LORD?

He's just so good! Can I introduce you to Him today?

? , I know you're crazy bout jesus. I completely agree with you about that. I'll pass on a introduction, though.

I figure a guy that loves heaven
    and jesus as much as you has got to be walking round with a
    death wish. You walk around all day hoping to get hit by a truck or something?
    Nah, I walk around everyday seeking to
    Glorify ? by letting my light shine before men, so that they can see the work of ? in me and thus glorify the King of the universe!

He loves you my friend. Behold, He stands at the door and knocks! Will you let Him in?

The invitation for salvation is extended until the day you die. When the death angel comes the offer is over and only judgment awaits. Don't be caught without your wedding garment on when you meet the King. Amen.

? , I said no the first time. Stop spamming us with jesus.

• atribecalledgabi
    edited March 2014
    Options

Amen.
    it takes many many generations for speciation to occur. of course nobody lived that long to sit & record the beginning to end. what's your point?

Wolves and Dogs are of the same kind. They both belong to the canidae family. So your argument is not valid. Amen.
    i'm going off what YOU said bruh. YOU said species. now it's different families. lol
    anyway...they're still a different. try to mate a boston terrier with a coyote. you won't get an offspring because they're too genetically different. you'd get the same result if you tried to mate a dog with a bear.
  • Bodhi
    Options
    A fish has the opportunity to decide it wants to leave water, survive on land, grow legs

Right, because it happens over the course of billions of years which in fact no one has ever witnessed it taking place.

We have thru the fossil record and many skeletons today show vestigial remnants of appendages that were once in use but no longer are.
    And evolution doesn't consciously change one species into something else so it can't just break down a pig and put it back together as some new form ? nilly

Aaaaand why not?

You take some dna from here and some dna from over there put it together and BOOM you have life.

At what point was this single cell organism able to create all kinds of life from itself?
    Even if it did reproduce (assuming it was asexual) wouldn't its offspring have the same genetic makeup?

I thought if you mate two organisms you were going to get a copy, not something else.

wait, what?
    Bruh, I said that evolution doesn't consciously make decisions to create a species. In other words, there is no person controlling evolution .. Nature does not work toward an end goal and on the flipside, animals don't consciously decide their evolutionary paths as you suggested. A pig can't DECIDE that he wants to fly and boom, pigs grow wings.

So who tells the fish to leave its natural habitat, somehow finagle it's way on land, some how survive on land, somehow grow legs?

No one tells it to.

So if no one is directing the fish to leave its natural habitat, why would said fish leave?

Anything that would cause a water dwelling animal to move closer to land, for example shallower waters. Animals that had the propensity to move around better would survive and have children that carried on their traits.
  • kzzl
    Options
    So what did the Bhuddist say to the hot dog vendor?

..... "Make me one with everything?"

167.gif
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options

Amen.

i'm going off what YOU said bruh. YOU said species. now it's different families. lol
    anyway...they're still a different. try to mate a boston terrier with a coyote. you won't get an offspring because they're too genetically different. you'd get the same result if you tried to mate a dog with a bear.

What? ? made everything after their own "kind". Wolves are of the same "kind" as dogs. You can't be this ignorant, I hope.

That is why only 2 wolves were needed on the arc and not every "kind" of dog breed.

I know you got some
    Level of intelligence about yourself, think for a minute will you?

• Bodhi
    Options

Amen.

image.jpg

Still waiting for you to show me a fish that is living in water grow legs and survive on land.

mudskipper-05a22014.jpg
  • kzzl
    Options
    What's the difference between the real Jesus and a painting of Jesus?

It only takes one nail to hang the painting.

KennyKola-HasidicJewMemeFace1000.jpg
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options

We have thru the fossil record and many skeletons today show vestigial remnants of appendages that were once in use but no longer are.

Aaaaand why not?

wait, what?

No one tells it to.

Anything that would cause a water dwelling animal to move closer to land, for example shallower waters. Animals that
    had the propensity to move around better would survive and have children that carried on their traits.

Fish swims in ocean that comprises 75% of the earth, but yet fish says ocean isn't big enough for me to have genetically gifted offspring. I got a bright idea, says fish, I will move on land where I will better thrive and one day morph into a zebra!

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!

• DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options

Amen.

image.jpg

mudskipper-05a22014.jpg

Gods creation is beautiful ain't it?

• kzzl
    Options
    What's the best part about being a Rabbi?

You get to keep the tips.

20753.png
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options

Amen.

What? ? made everything after their own "kind". Wolves are of the same "kind" as dogs. You can't be this ignorant, I hope.

That is why only 2 wolves were needed on the arc and not every "kind" of dog breed.

I know you got some

Semantics or nah?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options

Amen.

I know you got some

Semantics or nah?

I ain't the one trying to build a mountain out of a mole hill. Ya dig?
  • kzzl
    Options
    What's the difference between acne and a Catholic Priest?

Acne usually comes on a boys face AFTER he turns twelve.

hqdefault.jpg
  • Bodhi
    Options

Aaaaand why not?

wait, what?

No one tells it to.

Anything that would cause a water dwelling animal to move closer to land, for example shallower waters. Animals that
    had the propensity to move around better would survive and have children that carried on their traits.

Fish swims in ocean that comprises 75% of the earth, but yet fish says ocean isn't big enough for me to have genetically gifted offspring. I got a bright idea, says fish, I will move on land where I will better thrive and one day morph into a zebra!

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!

There are smaller bodies of water than an ocean.
  • kzzl
    edited March 2014
    Options
    When my military buddy came back home from the Middle East, I asked him, "How do I pick up a Muslim girl?"

He told me, "With a broom and dust pan."

photo_verybig_156832.jpg

9acf46eba879705e9ff0f3c7a288cb88.jpg

Now that one was probably too much.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Options

Aaaaand why not?

wait, what?

No one tells it to.

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!

The premise is still absurd regardless of how you try to justify it. Fish don't grow legs, survive on land, and morph into elephants. It's absolute madness!
  • Bodhi
    Options

Aaaaand why not?

wait, what?

No one tells it to.

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!

The premise is still absurd regardless of how you try to justify it. Fish don't grow legs, survive on land, and morph into elephants. It's absolute madness!

Yeah, I know right. They turn into amphibians.