Bill Gates: There's no scientific explanation of how it (the universe) came about!

Options

Comments

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    you don't need suns for there to be light and planets without suns are called rogue planets light is simply radiation and there are many types of light

Light doesn't stars to exist, but light does need a source, and for 99.9999999% of the natural light on the earth that source is from the Sun and to a lesser extent the other stars. Unless you believe that when ? said "Let there be light" he was talking the bio luminescence from some fish swimming around the ocean floor.

Light is just created by atoms changing there state that is how people today can create light. In the universe now, our major source of light is the sun but even without the sun atoms would still exist and if there properties can still change then light can still be created. so in other words the source of light is the atoms

That's a bit of an oversimplification. And the vast majority of the light in the universe is produced by the stars. Without them, the universe would be dark and cold, so the idea that the Bible's reference to ? creating light isn't him creating the sun and stars is silly.
  • twatgetta
    twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    twatgetta wrote: »
    Albert Einstein, Issac Newton. Nostadamus and Galileo by practice were ALL nothing more than Atheists.. but once on their death beds proclaim Christ....still went to Hell tho'....? is not mocked nor is he a ride you can get on at the last second like a trolly car. FOH

Isaac Newton was a devout Christian, I researched him for a project back in school.

https://rsc.byu.edu/archived/converging-paths-truth/brief-survey-sir-isaac-newtons-views-religion

http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/sciencefaith.html

Read this. Einstein was agnostic for a while, but didn't truly believe in a personal ? .

? your research is flawed....common sense should tell you that if Newton believed in ? , he would've referred to the Bible for his answer on gravity. but yet he came up with his own man made theory which if you research, he agreed with the Bible's account. albeit not publicly until he got ready to croak. that's when he procliamed Christ. He wasn't no damn Christian.
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "I think it makes sense to believe in ? ."

Interesting. I had always heard he is an atheist. I don't see the problem with what hes saying though. not like hes stating that the earth is 6000 years old or something. Its more like he enjoys the community and charitable aspect of belonging to a church.

And if anyone is going to heaven, its bill gates really.

Note: He said it makes sense to believe in ? , never said anything about his own personal beliefs, those are still a mystery.
  • twatgetta
    Options
    @DaRiddler when ? said "let there be light" The Sun wasn't created yet. just light. read up on that. the Sun and Moon was created when he created the greater light "the sun" and the lesser light "the moon"...No where in Genisis did he say the "let there be light and the Sun was created" or it wouldv'e said that.
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Being a scientist doesn't necessitate that you not believe in ? . Even Einstein believed in ? , though he was a deist and not a theist like most of your believers.

A lot of people that aren't really involved in science choose to believe that science contradicts ? and his word. Whereas scientists who believe in ? typically believe that science just gives an understanding of how ? 's creations work.
    @DaRiddler when ? said "let there be light" The Sun wasn't created yet. just light. read up on that. the Sun and Moon was created when he created the greater light "the sun" and the lesser light "the moon"...No where in Genisis did he say the "let there be light and the Sun was created" or it wouldv'e said that.

Light doesn't just exist on it's own. Typically there is something there producing it. Therefore, it would make sense to believe that when ? created light he also created the primary systems for producing light: the stars. On top of that, you last sentence is kinda silly. The Bible is full of stuff that is open for interpretation. If everything was spelled out to the letter, then there would be no such thing as denominations or any other type of divisions in the faith because everyone would inevitably believe the same exact thing.

Edit: Never mind. You're right.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    idk why i'm in this thread
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    edited March 2014
    Options

? , youre repeating what I said.
  • twatgetta
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Being a scientist doesn't necessitate that you not believe in ? . Even Einstein believed in ? , though he was a deist and not a theist like most of your believers.

A lot of people that aren't really involved in science choose to believe that science contradicts ? and his word. Whereas scientists who believe in ? typically believe that science just gives an understanding of how ? 's creations work.

Being a "deist" and believing in ? are not the same thing. you can be a deist and believe in the Devil. Deist simply means a "belief in A ? "...there are many "GODs" people worship. most of them are wicked and evil in nature. Narrow is the way to the One true ? Almighty though.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    you don't need suns for there to be light and planets without suns are called rogue planets light is simply radiation and there are many types of light

Light doesn't stars to exist, but light does need a source, and for 99.9999999% of the natural light on the earth that source is from the Sun and to a lesser extent the other stars. Unless you believe that when ? said "Let there be light" he was talking the bio luminescence from some fish swimming around the ocean floor.

Light is just created by atoms changing there state that is how people today can create light. In the universe now, our major source of light is the sun but even without the sun atoms would still exist and if there properties can still change then light can still be created. so in other words the source of light is the atoms

That's a bit of an oversimplification. And the vast majority of the light in the universe is produced by the stars. Without them, the universe would be dark and cold, so the idea that the Bible's reference to ? creating light isn't him creating the sun and stars is silly.

It is an oversimplification but i am not going to write the essay it would take to properly explain light to people on the I.C. You don't need the sun for light, he said let there be light for there to be light there must also have been many other forces because there being light requires them. Light is not dependant on the sun for it's existence but the forces that create light can also lead to the creation of suns
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Albert Einstein, Issac Newton. Nostadamus and Galileo by practice were ALL nothing more than Atheists.. but once on their death beds proclaim Christ....still went to Hell tho'....? is not mocked nor is he a ride you can get on at the last second like a trolly car. FOH

Isaac Newton was a devout Christian, I researched him for a project back in school.

https://rsc.byu.edu/archived/converging-paths-truth/brief-survey-sir-isaac-newtons-views-religion

Read this. Einstein was agnostic for a while, but didn't truly believe in a personal ? .

? your research is flawed....common sense should tell you that if Newton believed in ? , he would've referred to the Bible for his answer on gravity. but yet he came up with his own man made theory which if you research, he agreed with the Bible's account. albeit not publicly until he got ready to croak. that's when he procliamed Christ. He wasn't no damn Christian.

There is no biblical account of gravity! There is no bibilical account of atoms, neutrons, dna, genetics, and etc and etc. We humans had to find this out, the hebrews knew none of this. They thought earth was a dome shape, not a sphere and they thought the planets and the sun spun around us, when it's the exact opposite. Dude the math, sciences, and etc weren't the hebrews greatest points. Hell, the egyptians were off 3 yards from the earth's circumference. I go by a civilization maths and sciences and how accurate they are. The Dogon don't believe in the biblical ? , but they were able to spot planets and tell what they were made of until recently.

Bottom line no one has all the answers, not the bible, not all the science books in the world, not all the religious documents in the world. No one has all the answers, but what answers we do have we can make "hypothesis" but beyond that, no man can condemn another man because he knows nothing.
  • Knock_Twice
    Knock_Twice Members Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    Options
    ? is The LIGHT, there are scriptures that goes into details on how bright ? 's light is...

I'm the Light of the World ect, but I can't remember the dude that had a vision of what may have been close to ? 's image, but his account is in the Bible, he describe what his image was, and went into details how ? 's light was,
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Being a "deist" and believing in ? are not the same thing. you can be a deist and believe in the Devil. Deist simply means a "belief in A ? "...there are many "GODs" people worship. most of them are wicked and evil in nature. Narrow is the way to the One true ? Almighty though.

Ummm, ok. This is nice, but it has nothing to do with what I said. I said Einstein believed in ? and that he was a deist. I never said he believed in ? because he was a deist.
    It is an oversimplification but i am not going to write the essay it would take to properly explain light to people on the I.C. You don't need the sun for light, he said let there be light for there to be light there must also have been many other forces because there being light requires them. Light is not dependant on the sun for it's existence but the forces that create light can also lead to the creation of suns

You guys are right. The Bible does specifically say that the Sun, Moon, and stars were created after light. That said, nowhere did I say that light needed the sun to exist. I only pointed out that most of the light in the universe exists because of the Sun and other stars. My argument was that the statement made in the Bible was figurative and was speaking less about the actual creation of light as a phenomenon and more about the creation of the light that is seen on the Earth which would be a result of creating the Sun. However, as I said, you guys are right, the Bible does distinguish clearly between those two acts of creation.
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    Majority of the bible is allegorical, I'm all for it if there is proof that this light existed before the creations of the suns. But I'm going to go with real emperical data and not the folklore of the people, but it looks like the Hindu's won.

http://globindian.wordpress.com/2012/12/07/universe-creation-similarity-between-indian-mythological-story-of-samudra-manthan-and-big-bang-theory/
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    ? is The LIGHT, there are scriptures that goes into details on how bright ? 's light is...

I'm the Light of the World ect, but I can't remember the dude that had a vision of what may have been close to ? 's image, but his account is in the Bible, he describe what his image was, and went into details how ? 's light was,

yMqmAxs.gif
  • twatgetta
    Options

There is no biblical account of gravity! There is no bibilical account of atoms, neutrons, dna, genetics, and etc and etc. We humans had to find this out, the hebrews knew none of this. They thought earth was a dome shape, not a sphere and they thought the planets and the sun spun around us, when it's the exact opposite. Dude the math, sciences, and etc weren't the hebrews greatest points. Hell, the egyptians were off 3 yards from the earth's circumference. I go by a civilization maths and sciences and how accurate they are. The Dogon don't believe in the biblical ? , but they were able to spot planets and tell what they were made of until recently.

Bottom line no one has all the answers, not the bible, not all the science books in the world, not all the religious documents in the world. No one has all the answers, but what answers we do have we can make "hypothesis" but beyond that, no man can condemn another man because he knows nothing.

bruh...you lost as ? on this subject. care to reset and reboot? Genesis explains all this ? perfectly. You just lack the understanding. your fault. and YES, ALL the answers you need from fighting crime, to fighting disease is right there in the Holy Bible. YOU just decide not to care to understand it and project your own opinion, which is utter ? .

• twatgetta
    Options

Ummm, ok. This is nice, but it has nothing to do with what I said. I said Einstein believed in ? and that he was a deist. I never said he believed in ? because he was a deist.

You guys are right. The Bible does specifically say that the Sun, Moon, and stars were created after light. That said, nowhere did I say that light needed the sun to exist. I only pointed out that most of the light in the universe exists because of the Sun and other stars. My argument was that the statement made in the Bible was figurative and was speaking less about the actual creation of light as a phenomenon and more about the creation of the light that is seen on the Earth which would be a result of creating the Sun. However, as I said, you guys are right, the Bible does distinguish clearly between those two acts of creation.

So therefore we can both conclude that he wasnt' talkin about the Most High ? of the Bible but instead just that he believed in A ? , right? This is how trickery of Satan works. Clouds the mind.

• The Lonious Monk
    Options

So therefore we can both conclude that he wasnt' talkin about the Most High ? of the Bible but instead just that he believed in A ? , right? This is how trickery of Satan works. Clouds the mind.

No, this is how trying to overanalyze ? works. No one in here is talking about Vishnu or Osiris. We're all talking about the Judeo-Christian ? when we say "? ." So when I say he believed in ? and was a deist, that's who I'm talking about.
  • Knock_Twice
    edited March 2014
    Options

bruh...you lost as ? on this subject. care to reset and reboot? Genesis explains all this ? perfectly. You just lack the understanding. your fault. and YES, ALL the answers you need from fighting crime, to fighting disease is right there in the Holy Bible. YOU just decide not to care to understand it and project your own opinion, which is utter ? .

? about to ask...So how you fight Herpes lol

The bible states wait until marriage..a man should have one wife and she have one husband..

follow those directions (every one including me) this is how you fight that disease but a ? is looking in the bible for a prescription or a formula or some ? to be in the books lol..smh but skipped over the whole one man one woman instruction

That's why you ? platform is dumb...evolution don't teach that ? ...

• loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Ajackson17
    Options

So where are DNA, atoms, gravity, geographical shifts at, and etc. If you are coming at a moral perspective you might gain some ground bruh, but it doesn't explain everything about everything. You are the one that is lost bruh. Just recongize it was a faith book with morals but not the end to all book.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

The bible states wait until marriage..a man should have one wife and she have one husband..

follow those directions (every one including me) this is how you fight that disease but a ? is looking in the bible for a prescription or a formula or some ? to be in the books lol..smh but skipped over the whole one man one woman instruction

The Bible doesn't say the bold. Lots of the prominent figures in the Bible had multiple wives.
  • Ajackson17
    Options

I said it doesn't have everything in there, doesn't mean there isn't nothing in there. Now please think sir. I didn't deny any of the morality and ethical dilemma. I personally think that's great and I don't see any biological reason for two people of the same sex (not my business) to engage in sex but that's from a biological reason, not a moralistic reasoning, from the bibilical morality there is no reason since there is no chance of children being created. One man and one woman make sense spread the germs and multiple children of course, but doesn't explain the reproductive system and now to make child labor safer.
  • Ajackson17
    Options

The Bible doesn't say the bold. Lots of the prominent figures in the Bible had multiple wives.

Somewhat in genesis and than in new testament Yahshua said it was what was originally intended in heaven, but old testament vaguely, but new testament definitely.
  • Knock_Twice
    edited March 2014
    Options

Folk just because something of that nature happened in the Bible don't mean nothing...ppl did alot of stuff in the bible being disobedient, but it's a scripture I wanna say Timothy or Corinthians that states a man shall have ONE wife..I just don't know the page number, but it's in that that states from ? that a man shall have one wife....all that other stuff folks bring up about incests and having multiple wives, is WRONG, don't matter who did it...
  • Knock_Twice
    edited March 2014
    Options

I said it doesn't have everything in there, doesn't mean there isn't nothing in there. Now please think sir. I didn't deny any of the morality and ethical dilemma. I personally think that's great and I don't see any biological reason for two people of the same sex (not my business) to engage in sex but that's from a biological reason, not a moralistic reasoning, from the bibilical morality there is no reason since there is no chance of children being created. One man and one woman make sense spread the germs and multiple children of course, but doesn't explain the reproductive system and now to make child labor safer.

Folk Ima just say this..If you can't explain what you just posted or anything to a 5th grader, then you're reaching/standing on something that you can't prove...that's with anything and that's what you folks who can't grasp the fact that evolution is a ? platform to stand on can't understand, you wanna go so deep with your thoughts and stance when the simple ? throws you ? off and make your stance look so stupid, and you can't really fathom that becuz you think it has be a deep deep discussion to prove YOUR point or MY point but ? like me or anybody is not going to go toe for toe with you on some deep ? like that about the world when just stating simple ? will prove my point..and that's where the frustration comes in with you ? and you ? lose all sight becuz ? don't tongue wrestle and go as deep as yall do on ? ..lol....thus the laughter and jabs and ? ..when really you ? just are off balance lol but it's all good though..

And you really trying to too tongue twist things..lol..I'm good at that myself, but the fact is, that the ? you seek to just jump out to you in the Bible (oh it didn't say ? didn't create bricks or a cure for herpes or cars) isn't always going to be there when you read it, you just have to understand and have a lil bit of wisdom to catch alot of the things in the bible..