Mark Cuban: "If I see a Black Kid with a Hoody and it's late at night, I'm Crossin the Street..."

Options

Comments

• Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Exfuckinxactly at Michael Eric Dyson

what was said?

Im at work
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The tube will be posted
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SA said you don't get to play the victim even when you are... ? what????
    he ? shuffling now...
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Stephen A made some points more clearer, but he's way off saying black folks don't critique themselves enough. He's putting himself on a high horse with that one.
  • blackrain
    Options
    Can't believe it took Skip to bring up the connection to Sterling before Stephen A Smith did. He was so wrapped up in wanting to be the black guy critiquing black people he missed that whole point
  • playmaker88
    edited May 2014
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    Stephen A made some points more clearer, but he's way off saying black folks don't critique themselves enough. He's putting himself on a high horse with that one.

? must have missed tavis smiley symposiums..bill cosby... weekend cable shows and everyday scolding from we the public
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Eric dyson killin stephan a.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Far as Sharpton the man him....
    He DOES have a platform.

And which none of the (conservative) white people who accuse him of being racist have EVER claimed he uses to belittle, demonize,denigrate, disparage,marginalize white people.

Because they can't.

Which is why they have to result to comments he made 25-30 years ago as their "smoking gun"
  • blackrain
    Options
    T.Taylor wrote: »
    Eric dyson killin stephan a.

Stephen A is too smart to fall for that ? "we don't critique ourselves enough in public". Michael Eric Dyson's final point killed that. We do talk about it, it's just that those conversations aren't paid attention to by white america.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    why are we talking about the good Rev?
    Mark Cuban said some bonehead ? ...
  • playmaker88
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    Can't believe it took Skip to bring up the connection to Sterling before Stephen A Smith did. He was so wrapped up in wanting to be the black guy critiquing black people he missed that whole point

Skip has always been very clear and sharp he said this on more than a few ocassions

Stephen a I dig him but he is a half asser..in alot of respect not limited to this but his analysis he covers it up with fluff...hes noscrub....I watch him...yadda yadda
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stephen A looking real sick out here

Whether fair or not, blk americans are constantly being critiqued and judged by politicians and the likes of the bill cosbys of the world

Yet when we as a nation talk about anti blk racism its always an attack on southern whites or republicans...we never hold middle white america accountable for their prejudices or racism
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Whether fair or not, blk americans are constantly being critiqued and judged by politicians and the likes of the bill cosbys of the world

Yet when we as a nation talk about anti blk racism its always an attack on southern whites or republicans...we never hold middle white america accountable for their prejudices or racism

Right here is where Eric D. nailed it.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    why are we talking about the good Rev?
    Mark Cuban said some bonehead ? ...

Again man
    it's NOT about Sharpton.
    (It could have been Al Roker for all I care,being confronted with that line of questioning)

The point is to but away this asinine "IDEAL" black people are equivalent to these white men with immeasurable wealth,power and influence when we make "racially charged" statements

Even more that WE are the true racists when we call one another "? /? "

• desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T.Taylor wrote: »

Right here is where Eric D. nailed it.

Yep

Putting the onus on middle white america for their fears, biases or whatever would be too difficult of a conversation to have and mean we as a country would have to actually do something about it

• MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Michael eric dyson ether screamin a smith on his own show
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SAS was heated, spittin on the camera and ?
  • God_Yunn
    God_Yunn Members Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Blacks hate they own kind more than any other race.

You talk power we don't have any standing on our own but together ....yes, but are we together nah. We are brought up to hate our own and we don't even notice.

We don't have a voice cause we are separated and weak.

Two of my homeboys shot some white guys at a predominantlywhite club parking lot two nights ago cause a bunch of white people were surrounding they car,scared fearing for they life they shot to get out of there but they are charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon..They will go to prison for something that was started by some racist white women because we have NO VOICE. I

Its a shame but its life at this point, we need to change to have power if not actions like this and comments/views from owners like that will always happen.
  • God_Yunn
    God_Yunn Members Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It starts with the basics.

even on here alot of posters show more hate than love to one another and I know its the same off the internet.

Look at the threads that are in the Hall of Fame....full of Exposures and Roasts ,tearing down one another. Those type of negative threads get the most juice on here while the positive threads wither away. Shame on all of us cause I participated as well. Granted some of it is just jokes but some of it was personal and out of hate
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stephen A needs to be checked.. not called a ? or sellouts but hit him on the points we raised not sure if anyone hit him with the difference of a man in a hoody to the not so normal tattoos on face

That ? ? me off. I'm bout tired of his damn trapezoid head ass. He thinks his word is the damn gospel. Thinks he's so damn smart.
  • playmaker88
    Options
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Darxwell wrote: »
    He only threw in the "white guy with tattoos" part to cover his ass and sound "balanced." Fact is they're all likely racist. But as far as racial profiling black females are just as guilty. I got plenty of racial profiling stories from my jogging days around USC. Most of them were minorities.

I actually appreciate his honesty though. All whites are racist. Some more than others. Some more vicious than others. But all whites have a racist core. Being born white in America and not being racist is like trying not to catch a cold your whole life. Aint gonna happen.

Again, why don't folks wanna talk about this? How can you be mad at things that white people do when our own women do that ? to us to?

• vitoria
    vitoria Members Posts: 445 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    YunnSanco wrote: »
    It starts with the basics.

even on here alot of posters show more hate than love to one another and I know its the same off the internet.

Look at the threads that are in the Hall of Fame....full of Exposures and Roasts ,tearing down one another. Those type of negative threads get the most juice on here while the positive threads wither away. Shame on all of us cause I participated as well. Granted some of it is just jokes but some of it was personal and out of hate
    Real ? , but in the words in of Kanye - " They made us hate ourselves and love their wealth "

• Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

damn this dude is going in....