Mark Cuban: "If I see a Black Kid with a Hoody and it's late at night, I'm Crossin the Street..."

Options

Comments

• LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smh @‌ Stephen A. He is off point.

Tattoos =/= hoody

Sounds like Cari tried to help him too.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stephen A needs to be checked.. not called a ? or sellouts but hit him on the points we raised not sure if anyone hit him with the difference of a man in a hoody to the not so normal tattoos on face

That ? ? me off. I'm bout tired of his damn trapezoid head ass. He thinks his word is the damn gospel. Thinks he's so damn smart.

Also he tries to come off as unapologetic.. and always talking about a fair.. is an event that a pig is judged in or some ? phrase

but the funny thing is.. he tries to be FAIR and give "OTHERS" the benefit of the doubt all the time.. Im not accusing him of being a lapdog but accusing him of being shook in a sense of.. "Ive got to lay the smackdown on my own.... so they can see i am not what they think i am...." (even though they do anyway)

and dish out my criticism evenly...

• JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    hqdefault.jpg
    ScreenShot2014-01-24at11.49.56AM_crop_north.jpg?w=407&h=271&q=75
    kobe-bryant-face-palm-150x150.png

@‌stevenasmith

.....i cant take the coonish ? anymore .... it's just brain numbing .... this ? is just .......................good lord

this ? is literally fighting for his right to ? ..... its depressing ...
  • zerocool
    zerocool Members Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Black kid in hoody = black kid in "h" word....
    We can't say hoody no more
  • Tymoney19
    Tymoney19 Members Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So yall trying to tell me im some sort of self hater for not feeling safe around a group of black guys idk? I been through to much ? and seen too much ? . A black guy will ? me as quick as a white guy.
  • (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Another reason why, "white man covered in tattoos" is a copout is b/c it has nothing to do w/ the WHITE man covered in tattoos & everything to do w/ the actual tattoos. I'm surprised no one has challenged the facts of that statement which is that if you take those exact same tattoos and bald head and put it on a black man, MC and others would be just as fearful if not more fearful than they would be seeing it on the white man. That statement doesn't hold true if you flip the hoodie on a black kid and placed it on a white one.

That's why, "Oh, he talked about crossing the street for a white man too so it's fair," is absolute ? .
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tymoney19 wrote: »
    So yall trying to tell me im some sort of self hater for not feeling safe around a group of black guys idk? I been through to much ? and seen too much ? . A black guy will ? me as quick as a white guy.

skin-whitening-news-07-24-2013.jpg

real talk bruh ..... #bleachout2014 ...... im starting a new campaign .... all these coonin ass ? ...self hating ass ? .... brainwashed ass ? .... thats scared and fearful of their own kind ... just bleach out the culture mayne ... why you even here

#bleachout2014
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm running with that... #bleachout2014
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options

Nocosign.

He is more quick to ? you. At least in many places.

That's a fact. It doesn't matter what these deluded negros think.

Fellas, let me break it down for you again. (I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have spent more time thinking about these issues.)

First off, it is compatible with a proper sense of self-respect to acknowledge racial disparities in crime rates; there is nothing coonish about that. (Yes, bias is manifest at all levels of the criminal justice system -- from arrest to conviction -- but even taking that into account, there remain racial disparities in crime rates.)

But that obviously shouldn't be the end of the story; we have a pretty good idea why that's true, and racism and discrimination should have a large role in the story here. (Some conservatives will, of course, have their own stories. But I believe that they're wrong.)

So you can argue that racial disparities exist, and then provide an account of how that came to be. So it is perfectly acceptable to acknowledge that in many places a young white man and a young black man are not equally likely to rob you.
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    C'mon isn't it time to call this thread a day? We talk about the same things every single day. This discussion was cool for a bit. But 15 pages and nobody will do anything in the outside world to make changes?

Enough is enough.
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »
    C'mon isn't it time to call this thread a day? We talk about the same things every single day. This discussion was cool for a bit. But 15 pages and nobody will do anything in the outside world to make changes?

Enough is enough.
    This a discussion board, Not an action board. if Ya ? ass canT take the conversation then go to another thread.
    Why You even click this ? .
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options

Nocosign.

Fellas, let me break it down for you again. (I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have spent more time thinking about these issues.)

First off, it is compatible with a proper sense of self-respect to acknowledge racial disparities in crime rates; there is nothing coonish about that. (Yes, bias is manifest at all levels of the criminal justice system -- from arrest to conviction -- but even taking that into account, there remain racial disparities in crime rates.)

But that obviously shouldn't be the end of the story; we have a pretty good idea why that's true, and racism and discrimination should have a large role in the story here. (Some conservatives will, of course, have their own stories. But I believe that they're wrong.)

So you can argue that racial disparities exist, and then provide an account of how that came to be. So it is perfectly acceptable to acknowledge that in many places a young white man and a young black man are not equally likely to rob you.

show me the statistical analysis of crime rates that takes "bias at all levels" into account... ? yourself.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Options

Enough is enough.

I'm trying!
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »

Enough is enough.
    This a discussion board, Not an action board. if Ya ? ass canT take the conversation then go to another thread.
    Why You even click this ? .

? that brolic ? homie. But you right though, about that discussion board and not an action board thing. Cause all you ? will do is ? talk, talk, talk, talk about ? and will never do ? about it.

Like some ? who's keep talking ? on "ain't ? " ? and still ? the "ain't ? " ? .

You aren't saying anything that's changing. You're not putting moves in motion to change perception. AKA, you're not productive.

So the same applies to you, if your ? ass can't handle my comments, then don't pay attention to my post. Other ? do it, maybe your ? should do it too
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree with stephen a smith, 1000% and to a certain degree @Dr.Chemix.
    Black ppl are confused. They wanna play side a, play side b ,then be side c.
    Listen, if u wanna do your own thing, then lets do it.
    But ? have a white is right mentality , then want Malcom X results.
    If u dont wanna conform. then be like the jews , and start our own infastructure, for us and by us.
    But we dont, cause White is right. So since its so, We gotta play by their rules and So do the following Black generations ,for years to come.
  • A Talented One
    edited May 2014
    Options

Nocosign.

show me the statistical analysis of crime rates that takes "bias at all levels" into account... ? yourself.

I don't have the time to look that up right now. It is commonly acknowledged in the social science communities that study these things -- communities including black scholars.

Now I have a question for you. Why are you so adamant that racial disparities in crime rates could not exist -- for any reason?

I don't have a lot of time to write tonight, so let me say this before you answer. A person who acknowledges racial disparities in crime rates is not committed to saying that racial profiling is OK.
  • A Talented One
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    I agree with stephen a smith, 1000% and to a certain degree @Dr.Chemix.
    Black ppl are confused. They wanna play side a, play side b ,then be side c.
    Listen, if u wanna do your own thing, then lets do it.
    But ? have a white is right mentality , then want Malcom X results.
    If u dont wanna conform. then be like the jews , and start our own infastructure, for us and by us.
    But we dont, cause White is right. So since its so, We gotta play by their rules and So do the following Black generations ,for years to come.

Again, more evidence that you are white.
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    what happened yall?

• OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Meta_Conscious
    edited May 2014
    Options

Nocosign.

I don't have the time to look that up right now. It is commonly acknowledged in the social science communities that study these things -- communities including black scholars.

Now I have a question for you. Why are you so adamant that racial disparities in crime rates could not exist -- for any reason?

I don't have a lot of time to write tonight, so let me say this before you answer. A person who acknowledges racial disparities in crime rates is not committed to saying that racial profiling is OK.

be very careful with your words... it is not accepted by scholars of any discipline that:
    1. you can account for racial bias at all levels of criminal justice
    2. there are crime rate analyses that show that there are racial disparities after controlling for racial bias of CJ actors...
    ? yourself.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well this ? went south
    After 7:52
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wonder what people think in the winter.. We all have to wear hoodies then no matter the race
  • Tymoney19
    Tymoney19 Members Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options
    7figz wrote: »

So how exactly do you feel around a bunch of white guys you don't know ?

yeah-i-m-listening-o.gif

If you were from my hood you wouldn't be saying that. If ? don't know you they start plotting and that's a fact. It all depends on the setting though if I'm on campus I'm chilling idc bout the dudes cuz I know there not about that life but if I'm on the block I'm always watching my back around dudes idk black and white.