FX's ‘The Strain’

Options

Comments

• loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just peeping this now

LOL I thought dude w/ the bad skin who's always be the bad guy would be in this longer

He got that Red Viper treatment but worse

These graphics are whoa.They got some ill looking ? .they killing true blood's graphics

1st ep was pretty good
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm assuming that the hunter's heart that is in that jar is the chick that they were talking about in the prison. I hope he gets some retribution I like his character damn at the chick having her pops for dinner lawwwd. Loving this show so far.
  • iron man1
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »
    I'm assuming that the hunter's heart that is in that jar is the chick that they were talking about in the prison. I hope he gets some retribution I like his character damn at the chick having her pops for dinner lawwwd. Loving this show so far.

I'm guessing it's his mom's heart in the jar after the ? vampire who gave him his number in the Holocaust turned her, then sent her after her own son, like the French daughter went after her dad. So he cut his mom to pieces with that special sword but couldn't ? her completely, hence why he cut his finger to feed her in the first episode.

This is actually turning out to have a lot of thematic similarities with Blade 2 which Del Toro also helped write, just more evolved.

Nomak was exactly who i thought of when they showed the vamps with that tentacle mouth thing and then them showing the bald master vampire at the end. I got alot of blade 2 vibes but it's a cool creepy but I do want to know where in the hell did 210 bodies from a morgue go? lol heellll nahh I'd be out waayy before they could turn me into a snack.
  • loch121
    Options
    I hate Abraham for killing Robb,his baby mother,unborn kid,Cat,the direwolf,and a whooooole bunch of ? fuckas

Hard to start cheering for Walder Frey
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think I'm almost finished with the 2nd book, and I just watched both episodes, eh.

They switched some scenes around, changed some, added a few(mostly because tv shows can't tell you what a person is thinking like books can)

But it still seems to be the same story.

The book so far, meh, it's not bad, but I can't say that I'm happy that I read it, I could have spent that time doing something else.

The show will probably get meh to me as we'll if they follow a similar story line, main probl I had with it was suspension of disbelief.
    entire neighborhoods, and apartment buildings of people were getting ate up, and like 1/3 of the pop went missing, but the people are still going "nope, no vampires, this is all a result of rioting."
  • GodNThaBuild'n
    GodNThaBuild'n Members Posts: 8,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Did you read the books? Just follow the books.
  • iron man1
    Options
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? ? fell off in the toilet....smfh.
  • iron man1
    Options

Highlight was weather smashing pilots head in.
  • lord nemesis
    Options

Yeah now his ass can get with the program and holla at the old Jew. It was also interesting to see that the vampire in the suit's whole face is a disguise.
  • iron man1
    Options

Yeah now his ass can get with the program and holla at the old Jew. It was also interesting to see that the vampire in the suit's whole face is a disguise.

Ya that one caught me off guard looks like the other 3 will look like that soon well the daughter already looks like it. Story moving a little slow for me but I know they just trying to build it up so I'll just have to wait and see but I hope they start working with the hunter soon.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@ it. I'm turning anyway. I no longer need it."
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Heard that ? drop in the toilet like
    tumblr_m8b9ak9y151qhd14co6_250.gif
    No bueno.
    Kinda slow but I think the pace will pick up now that the CDC doctors will start to get put on game.
    I could do without the family dynamic tho. I don't give a ? about his ain't ? wife and kid.
    I'm guessing big dude will somehow get tied in as the muscle.
  • iron man1
    Options
    A commercial break two minutes in bruh??

rucuo4.gif
  • Phantom Pain
    Phantom Pain Members Posts: 678 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    White people see a German Shepard with it's throat torn out n gutted, n still wanna help their husband....white people
  • iron man1
    Options
    AYOOO WhAT THE ? !! This ? need to go along with her now vamp husband heeelllllll naaaahhhh
  • lord nemesis
    Options
    I hate pacifists sometimes. ? do you not see what is going on. Ain't no curing this ?
  • Manc
    Manc Members Posts: 376 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Naw this show ? me the ? off like why is my blood boiling watching this ? ...
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I swear I wanted to slap the fool ? outta that hefa.

Also the CDC hefa who left. Smh. This dumb ? said she rather get killed by those things, rather than ? the ones infected??

Bird Logic 101
  • lord nemesis
    Options
    It was good to see the boy Marlo pop up.
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A lil trivia for the watchers of the show. Last night's episode was directed by Keith Gordon, better known as Arnie from Christine. The next two episodes will be directed by Peter Weller, better known as Robocop.
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I assume the old guy, the exterminator, the latino, the docs and marlowe are going to be the heros of this show? Show is still a bit slow but interesting enough to stay tuned to see how it plays out. The wife is a dumb ? ..but but honey, are you ok?? Dude just ? the dog up and looks like a zombie, of course he's not ok..she lost her religion rather quickly when that the neighbor came around
  • loch121
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Ummm just kinda watching ep 3 and dude wasn't fazed at all his ? fell off

Does the virus do different things to ppl?

Did everybody's privates fall off?

And does a fire extinguisher ? vamps on here?
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Keep watching and find out hoe