FX's ‘The Strain’

Options

Comments

• lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Somebody put me onto what I'm missing with the old sickly billionaire. I thought the German vampire promised him that The Master would turn him and make him immortal if he helped spread the plague or whatever. But that ? damn near been on his deathbed the last 2 episodes.

I think they just used him and now that hte master is here they could careless about him
  • sdotcarter111
    sdotcarter111 Members Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    Somebody put me onto what I'm missing with the old sickly billionaire. I thought the German vampire promised him that The Master would turn him and make him immortal if he helped spread the plague or whatever. But that ? damn near been on his deathbed the last 2 episodes.

I think they just used him and now that hte master is here they could careless about him

Not quite. The Master used him to get to the New World, but he's still using his financial resources to his own ends. He needs Palmer alive because if he's a vampire, he'll be dead number one, and number two won't have the mental faculties to pull the strings the Master needs him to.

The Master promised to turn him once the plague is spread and his plan is complete. His plan is far from complete and he still needs Palmer alive to make sure it comes together.
  • sdotcarter111
    sdotcarter111 Members Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »
    Isn't the masters right hand man german? ? they could've made a deal to make them become vamps if they let the master vamp feed on the prisoners.

Yeah, but the Master doesn't need or want anyone's permission to feed. ? looks at humans like ants.

He fed on the jews because they wouldn't be missed and no questions would be asked. That's pretty much it.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »
    Isn't the masters right hand man german? ? they could've made a deal to make them become vamps if they let the master vamp feed on the prisoners.

Yeah, but the Master doesn't need or want anyone's permission to feed. ? looks at humans like ants.

He fed on the jews because they wouldn't be missed and no questions would be asked. That's pretty much it.

Ya I didn't mean he was taking orders but just having the humans for dinner and in return he'd add them to his legion.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea the master just uses dude as a facilitator
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    According to Global News, FX has officially renewed The Strain for season 2 which will enter production in Toronto in November. The show follows a race against time to contain and destroy a vampiric virus from spreading to the rest of humanity. Its cast includes Corey Stoll (who will soon appear in Marvel’s much-discussed Ant-Man film), Mia Maestro, David Bradley, Kevin Durand and Sean Astin.

http://screenrant.com/the-strain-season-2-fx/
  • gdatruth2.0
    gdatruth2.0 Members Posts: 3,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    good news
    i expect the rest of the season and upcoming seasons to really pick up once the outbreak is full blown and everyone is on the full page.

unforunately this season has dragged at times at the show establishes this world
  • jee504
    Options
    Matt pulled a ? ass move calling the FBI. I hope his punk ass die
  • jee504
    Options
    Abe is my favorite on this show
  • jee504
    Options
    Eichhorst straight up punked Gus
  • jee504
    Options
    The story is picking up better now. I thought there would have been more of an outbreak during the eclipse though
  • iron man1
    Options
    Damn Abe gotta get help for real there is no way in hell he can take on so many by himself continuously like that. The exterminator got 2 bodies already nice lol
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol at Gus trying to go at that ? body with the punches. Thought he was nice. Idiot. Lol.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol @, and ole girl had to check his azzz. Ether.
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    German vampire plays no games. I see Sean Astin still a ? do-boy for the vamps too
  • iron man1
    Options
    question? if the og vamp wants evil to reign why does it ? some of its victims ?

There's millions of people in ny what's 6 or seven people to him?I'm sure it won't spread to that point at least I highly doubt it would anyway lol.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? know dam well she needs to take her kid to Vermont...I see a horrible death in her future
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? be hardheaded, mane
  • gdatruth2.0
    Options
    she gonna learn
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this was a pretty good episode. everything is starting to come together. i can't help to think the creators were adding a little under the radar humor with the detectives questioning Eph. For a minute there, I though Eph was questioning himself. The bald detective looks exactly like the lead character when he played on law & order: la. bald with a goofy mustache.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options
    im loving this show

but didnt blade ? these mufuckas already

novak-blade-2-o.gif
  • iron man1
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    im loving this show

but didnt blade ? these mufuckas already

novak-blade-2-o.gif

Some ? always tryna iceskate uphill.
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Where was that dude using the bathroom?

I wonder how long he was in there.There were a gang of water bottles and snacks

reminds me of Hostile 2 when the chick had that girl from Devil's Advocate in that room

wheeew wee he ugly

Getting into Walking Dead territory

Old dude don't be playing with these hoes "Off w/ your head"

Basement scene reminded me of I AM Legend

I thought that fat dude was gonna get his cap twisted

How did dude know the sun would ? his boss?

Aw maaaan not the hot secretary

LOL that's a classic ? block to say there's a massive emergency?

Eph's wife's friend is kinda hot in a New Jersey Housewife type of way,even thought she's from Queens

I wonder how this Latino dude got plugged in w/ the vampires and why do they use him in particular?

I wonder if the worms can spread through the water they dropped that body off in?

Daaaaamn fat boy's a goner since that worm got in his hand

Why the cops arrest them?

Eph's partner is so hot

• gdatruth2.0
    edited August 2014
    Options
    loch121 wrote: »

The exterminator had a close call with the vamps underground a few episodes back he barely escaped but notice they didn’t chase him into the sunlight. He noticed the storeroom with his boss was dark as well connected the dots using instincts he must’ve developed on the job abd dropped the blinds.

2 latinos attack a white man in broad daylight. If this wasn’t a tv show they’ve been proably been shot dead
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    loch121 wrote: »

The exterminator had a close call with the vamps underground a few episodes back he barely escaped but notice they didn’t chase him into the sunlight. He noticed the storeroom with his boss was dark as well connected the dots using instincts he must’ve developed on the job abd dropped the blinds.

2 latinos attack a white man in broad daylight. If this wasn’t a tv show they’ve been proably been shot dead

I thought vamps were attacking ppl throughout the city though

Somehow those 2 cops didn't see all those vampires attacking ppl?