"Even if I say yes, it doesn't mean I mean yes" - Feminists

Options

Comments

• damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    you can't counter logic with emotions. .. the moment feminist realize that they will be straight. ..
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    Trashboat wrote: »
    That's correlative not causal

Women also made less and could not support themselves before

But once again it's only correlative not causal

that should be enough

Correlation is not enough
    Ridiculous claim is ridiculous
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

that should be enough

Well you're not exactly any better. You're making that absolute statement that it's not causal, and unless I missed it, I don't see where you provided any information that supports. So as it stands we have information that supports a link between the rise of feminism and a lot of bad ? happening, and nothing that supports or disputes the idea that the rise of feminism caused all that bad ? . That's still not a picture that looks good for feminism.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

that should be enough

It is enough i don't need to get down into the ? details of everything i have common sense and logic and a internet connection. if you can't see how feminist thinking changed how women act and how they feel about men , how feminist affected the justice system then you just have not been educated on the matter. from abortion laws to divorce laws to even how the military operates feminist have ? with a lot of ? . some for the better alot more for the worse of all parties concerned
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @desertrain10

I have three questions.

1. Where was all the "sane" black feminist when the "extreme" black feminist went on national T.V and embarrassed the movement and our race AT THE SAME DAMN TIME!!? Like somebody said already, didn't see too many of these "sane" black feminist denouncing them. We mostly seen "you go girl!, talk to'em!!!". Now this was the worst blow to "SANE" black feminist ever. How come you guys didn't ban together and expose these lunatic THOTS in "sane" feminist clothing? where's the "sane" black feminist N.B.C special?

2. Since a lot of positive gentlemen(such as myself) have a lot of the same views(some are completely stupid though) on female equality as you. Can a male be a feminist too?

3. How would you feel about men starting a "masculinist" movement. It would focus on how men are

- Treated unfairly by women when it comes to paying the bill/tab on a date
    - Treated unfairly during a pregnancy and having little say in the matter
    - Treated unfairly by the law compared to women
    - Paying more for our car insurance than women
    - Treated unfairly in a fight with a women(physical, mental, or emotional)
    - Treated unfairly when it comes to child custody and child support
    - Treated unfairly when it comes to sexual advances in any form towards a woman depending on how she's feeling
    - Looked down upon by most women for not having a car or not having their own place
    - Expected to keep a cool head while woman act a complete fool
    - Expected to treat a woman like gold, chase them, and try to impress them instead of it being the other way around
    - Painted as cheaters and dead beat parents. While females are painted as fragile victims and the strong/loyal half
    - Having our maturity lowered beneath a woman's level of maturity. When we see everyday that this is far from the truth.

1. You have to talk to NBC and the corporate media about that...and what television specials are u referring to?

2. Why not

3. Sure...Though I feel some of your grievance conflict with my own considering I believe a woman should have the right to terminate an early pregnancy without the consent of the father. But we do share a common foe: patriarchy
    1. the one when those beautiful educated nubian queens was on. Talking about it's hard to find a black man that's on their same level(or above) in society. If they do find one they are either ? , intimidated by a successful woman, don't mess with sistas, or playas who don't want to get married etc etc. Women don't really need men anymore, we're taking over, black men don't know how to treat black women but white men do blah blah blah OH LOOK, IT'S STEVE HARVY!!. (You know witch one i'm talking about.)

2. I've often wondered why there's never any "straight" men involved with the movement. Plenty of guys(such as myself) think women getting paid less is beyond stupid amongst other things. I guess female empowerment can only be given by other women...... ... .. I guess fathers, brothers, or strong male figures in women's lives are not enough empowerment.

3. Wow, so what happened to the equality here? So how do you feel about a father choosing not to take care of the child or pay child support? It's weird how the "it takes two to make a baby" argument goes out the window depending on how the woman feels at the time.

I was dropping playful positive R.N.S in my other post. But I stand by my view on feminist logic. It's really about how women "feel" at a certain time and moment. Here's just a few examples:

- A guy you find attractive flirts with you(to any degree) it's cool. Ugly dude does this it will turn into harassment. He's thirsty, creepy, gets no ? etc etc.

- A man calls a woman who is doing hoish/slutty things all the time a ? /? , he's a woman hater. A woman does this same thing even if the woman hasn't really showed these qualities and nothing is said(a woman will call another woman a ? , ? , nasty, and a ? before a man will). But here goes the funny part. If a woman doesn't like this particular woman then those men aren't woman bashers/haters all of a sudden.

- Destiny's child makes a video with buff oiled up half naked gyrating men, not one complaint. A male does this with females in his video. He's a nasty misogynists who doesn't respect women.

- A man makes a song about no good women and how he craps on them. Depending on if the female likes the song/artist or not will decide it's fate as women bashing or "dats my song!!!!!!"(starts twerking).

1. What does that NBC special have to do with feminism?

2. There are plenty of straight men who self identify as feminist

3. I would always consult with the father about having or not having an abortion. However we aren’t starting out on a level playing field, so the equality argument is a red herring. U don’t get to call equal rights just because you think they apply. Biology trumps the issue

Yes both men and women contribute to the biology of the fetus, however fact remains the choice to have or not to have a child significantly affects the biology of a woman not the man, therefore she should be able to make that decision for herself

Equal rights consist of things like all genders being able to vote, because everyone has the capacity to vote, and should be able to vote. By not allowing a certain segment of society to vote, we are discriminating against them

When a man can create and carry a child in his own ? , come back to me about equal rights for men

Furthermore, u speak as if men are powerless in regard to impregnating women, and therefore need state intervention in order to remedy power imbalances, which is the furthest thing from the truth... arguing for men’s “right” to abortion and beyond, is to absolve men of all responsibility from necessary negotiation regarding sexual practices

Not to mention slavery in America a long time ago...women shouldn't be forced to abort something from their bodies without their consent. We aren't property

If you don't want to pay child support, get a vasectomy, practice safe sex

As far as the rest goes ...men and women appreciating the opposite sex is a natural thing. The problem is the matter and scale which women are objectified

But yes both sides have done and said some contradictory things
  • LUClEN
    Options

that should be enough

Well you're not exactly any better. You're making that absolute statement that it's not causal, and unless I missed it, I don't see where you provided any information that supports. So as it stands we have information that supports a link between the rise of feminism and a lot of bad ? happening, and nothing that supports or disputes the idea that the rise of feminism caused all that bad ? . That's still not a picture that looks good for feminism.

Desegregation correlates too

Guess that also cause it
  • zombie
    Options
    @desertrain10

I have three questions.

1. Where was all the "sane" black feminist when the "extreme" black feminist went on national T.V and embarrassed the movement and our race AT THE SAME DAMN TIME!!? Like somebody said already, didn't see too many of these "sane" black feminist denouncing them. We mostly seen "you go girl!, talk to'em!!!". Now this was the worst blow to "SANE" black feminist ever. How come you guys didn't ban together and expose these lunatic THOTS in "sane" feminist clothing? where's the "sane" black feminist N.B.C special?

2. Since a lot of positive gentlemen(such as myself) have a lot of the same views(some are completely stupid though) on female equality as you. Can a male be a feminist too?

3. How would you feel about men starting a "masculinist" movement. It would focus on how men are

- Treated unfairly by women when it comes to paying the bill/tab on a date
    - Treated unfairly during a pregnancy and having little say in the matter
    - Treated unfairly by the law compared to women
    - Paying more for our car insurance than women
    - Treated unfairly in a fight with a women(physical, mental, or emotional)
    - Treated unfairly when it comes to child custody and child support
    - Treated unfairly when it comes to sexual advances in any form towards a woman depending on how she's feeling
    - Looked down upon by most women for not having a car or not having their own place
    - Expected to keep a cool head while woman act a complete fool
    - Expected to treat a woman like gold, chase them, and try to impress them instead of it being the other way around
    - Painted as cheaters and dead beat parents. While females are painted as fragile victims and the strong/loyal half
    - Having our maturity lowered beneath a woman's level of maturity. When we see everyday that this is far from the truth.

1. You have to talk to NBC and the corporate media about that...and what television specials are u referring to?

2. Why not

3. Sure...Though I feel some of your grievance conflict with my own considering I believe a woman should have the right to terminate an early pregnancy without the consent of the father. But we do share a common foe: patriarchy
    1. the one when those beautiful educated nubian queens was on. Talking about it's hard to find a black man that's on their same level(or above) in society. If they do find one they are either ? , intimidated by a successful woman, don't mess with sistas, or playas who don't want to get married etc etc. Women don't really need men anymore, we're taking over, black men don't know how to treat black women but white men do blah blah blah OH LOOK, IT'S STEVE HARVY!!. (You know witch one i'm talking about.)

2. I've often wondered why there's never any "straight" men involved with the movement. Plenty of guys(such as myself) think women getting paid less is beyond stupid amongst other things. I guess female empowerment can only be given by other women...... ... .. I guess fathers, brothers, or strong male figures in women's lives are not enough empowerment.

3. Wow, so what happened to the equality here? So how do you feel about a father choosing not to take care of the child or pay child support? It's weird how the "it takes two to make a baby" argument goes out the window depending on how the woman feels at the time.

I was dropping playful positive R.N.S in my other post. But I stand by my view on feminist logic. It's really about how women "feel" at a certain time and moment. Here's just a few examples:

- A guy you find attractive flirts with you(to any degree) it's cool. Ugly dude does this it will turn into harassment. He's thirsty, creepy, gets no ? etc etc.

- A man calls a woman who is doing hoish/slutty things all the time a ? /? , he's a woman hater. A woman does this same thing even if the woman hasn't really showed these qualities and nothing is said(a woman will call another woman a ? , ? , nasty, and a ? before a man will). But here goes the funny part. If a woman doesn't like this particular woman then those men aren't woman bashers/haters all of a sudden.

- Destiny's child makes a video with buff oiled up half naked gyrating men, not one complaint. A male does this with females in his video. He's a nasty misogynists who doesn't respect women.

- A man makes a song about no good women and how he craps on them. Depending on if the female likes the song/artist or not will decide it's fate as women bashing or "dats my song!!!!!!"(starts twerking).

1. What does that NBC special have to do with feminism?

2. There are plenty of straight men who self identify as feminist

3. I would always consult with the father about having or not having an abortion. However we aren’t starting out on a level playing field, so the equality argument is a red herring. U don’t get to call equal rights just because you think they apply. Biology trumps the issue

Yes both men and women contribute to the biology of the fetus, however fact remains the choice to have or not to have a child significantly affects the biology of a woman not the man, therefore she should be able to make that decision for herself

Equal rights consist of things like all genders being able to vote, because everyone has the capacity to vote, and should be able to vote. By not allowing a certain segment of society to vote, we are discriminating against them

When a man can create and carry a child in his own ? , come back to me about equal rights for men

Furthermore, u speak as if men are powerless in regard to impregnating women, and therefore need state intervention in order to remedy power imbalances, which is the furthest thing from the truth... arguing for men’s “right” to abortion and beyond, is to absolve men of all responsibility from necessary negotiation regarding sexual practices

Not to mention slavery in America a long time ago...women shouldn't be forced to abort something from their bodies without their consent. We aren't property

As far as the rest goes ...men and women appreciating the opposite sex is a natural thing. The problem is the matter and scale which women are objectified

Or you could just get an abortion it's easier and saves us both the trouble, better yet keep the baby but don't ask me for anything. It was your choice to keep the baby OR not those are your biological rights, ok fine but can you explain why a man should pay child support for a child he did not want in the first place if it's with a woman he's not married to?? why is that fair
  • zombie
    edited August 2014
    Options

that should be enough

Guess that also cause it

divorce and child laws do not correlate with desegregation. feminist were not concerned with desegregation however they did push for changes in divorce and family laws. in fact black women had to form their own movement to address their issues.

white women feminist would have been happy keeping segregation as long as their feminist policies got passed
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SneakDZA wrote: »
    on the i.c. men feel like they're being oppressed by women and militant feminists pose a real threat to their lives. it's absurd.

tell that to any man who has to suffer under the family court system. or pay child support for children that are not his or pay alimony to a functional adult. or be forced to be a father to children he did not want In the first place

None of those problems have anything to do with feminists or feminism. It's actually quite the opposite if you think about it.

You guys seem to want to continue having a patriarchal society but get all sad when society forces you to do some patriarchal ? .

are you serious if those laws were supportive of patriarchy then they would not disadvantage men the way they do. before the feminist began their ? divorce was at it's low. and children had two parents living with them. so there is a connection between those laws and the feminist movement

The bias with the family court system and alimony laws largely stem from benevolent sexism/ patriarchal attitudes the women are meant to tend to the child/domestic duties and men are the providers

The same attitudes that make it harder for women to be taken seriously in the business world and political arena

At the end of the day men particularly white men benefit most
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

that should be enough

Guess that also cause it

This is an absolutely meaningless post because I didn't say that feminism caused the problems. I just said there is a link and that you shouldn't be acting so high and mighty about your use of logic since you're making a similar logical mistake i.e., assuming that feminism isn't the cause with nothing to prove that.

And I really can't see how anyone would argue about the double standard with abortion. There's no way you can believe in fairness between genders but think that men should have no say in whether the baby is kept or not.
  • LUClEN
    Options

that should be enough

Guess that also cause it

divorce and child laws do not correlate with desegregation. feminist were not concerned with desegregation however they did push for changes in divorce and family laws. in fact black women had to form their own movement to address their issues.

white women feminist would have been happy keeping segregation as long as their feminist policies got passed

It preceded it therefore it caused it
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hmmmmm i thought that's what she was already doing when she CHOSE to engage in sexual activity ...specifically allowing a man to bust a nut inside of her..........
  • LUClEN
    Options

that should be enough

Guess that also cause it

This is an absolutely meaningless post because I didn't say that feminism caused the problems. I just said there is a link and that you shouldn't be acting so high and mighty about your use of logic since you're making a similar logical mistake i.e., assuming that feminism isn't the cause with nothing to prove that.

It is not illogical to refrain from calling a Correlation a causal link when there is no evidence of causation

There are many other variables that correlate and could contribute

• LUClEN
    Options
    on the i.c. men feel like they're being oppressed by women and militant feminists pose a real threat to their lives. it's absurd.

tell that to any man who has to suffer under the family court system. or pay child support for children that are not his or pay alimony to a functional adult. or be forced to be a father to children he did not want In the first place

None of those problems have anything to do with feminists or feminism. It's actually quite the opposite if you think about it.

You guys seem to want to continue having a patriarchal society but get all sad when society forces you to do some patriarchal ? .

are you serious if those laws were supportive of patriarchy then they would not disadvantage men the way they do. before the feminist began their ? divorce was at it's low. and children had two parents living with them. so there is a connection between those laws and the feminist movement

The bias with the family court system and alimony laws largely stem from benevolent sexism/ patriarchal attitudes the women are meant to tend to the child/domestic duties and men are the providers

The same attitudes that make it harder for women to be taken seriously in the business world and political arena

At the end of the day men particularly white men benefit most

You also only have Correlation
  • zombie
    Options

that should be enough

Guess that also cause it

It preceded it therefore it caused it

there is no cause and effect between the problems created by feminism and desegregation if there is prove it,
    the fact that femenist did lobby and fight for certain laws to change or be created and these laws are currently having a negative effect on the society should be enough proof that feminism is in some way directly at fault.

a man not getting custody when he would be the better choice what the ? does that have to do with desegregation.

• zombie
    edited August 2014
    Options

that should be enough

Guess that also cause it

It is not illogical to refrain from calling a Correlation a causal link when there is no evidence of causation

If the femininst helped changed the laws and public outlook how is there no evidence of causation they are directly responsible for helping to change things
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

It's not illogical to refrain from calling it a causal link. However, you aren't simply refraining. It seems like you're making the statement that it's not a causal link. And, unless you have proof to support that statement, it's no more logical than saying there is a causal link.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They making a mockery of real ? .
  • LUClEN
    Options

that should be enough

Guess that also cause it

If the femininst helped changed the laws and public outlook how is there no evidence of causation.

that should be enough

Guess that also cause it

If the femininst helped changed the laws and public outlook how is there no evidence of causation.

Because we're not looking at it alone
    we don't have an experiment showing that one variable alone (feminism) is the cause of unequal rulings in family court

Desertrain claims patriarchy and benevolent sexism caused it
    but she does not have the experiment showing this is the case either

it's like you're both saying that A existed around the time of B so it caused it

There's no evidence saying that feminism did not contribute and I would have to be fairly ignorant to think it did not, particularly in the evolution of abortion laws, but there are other factors that could have played a role

Evolutionary theory claims that men have a natural desire to protect women, so this could easily be a factor too when considering court rulings where women were favored

There is also a lot of evidence from psychology and sociology indicating that humans favor underdogs, so this could be a factor

America has become more liberal in general, this also correlates

There are too many variables
  • LUClEN
    Options

It's not illogical to refrain from calling it a causal link. However, you aren't simply refraining. It seems like you're making the statement that it's not a causal link. And, unless you have proof to support that statement, it's no more logical than saying there is a causal link.

Yes it is
    Ice cream sales correlate with murder
    more ice cream sales in a region = more murder

however we all know ice cream does not cause murder

It's a fallacy to claim causation from correlation
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

Yes it is
    Ice cream sales correlate with murder
    more ice cream sales in a region = more murder

however we all know ice cream does not cause murder

It's a fallacy to claim causation from correlation

Ummm are you having a comprehension problem or something? I'm not arguing with you that a correlation doesn't automatically mean their is a causal link, so your attempts to prove that are useless. I'm pointing out the fact that correlation doesn't necessarily mean causation is not the same thing as correlation means no causation.
  • zombie
    Options

that should be enough

Guess that also cause it

that should be enough

Guess that also cause it

Because we're not looking at it alone
    we don't have an experiment showing that one variable alone (feminism) is the cause of unequal rulings in family court

Desertrain claims patriarchy and benevolent sexism caused it
    but she does not have the experiment showing this is the case either

it's like you're both saying that A existed around the time of B so it caused it

There's no evidence saying that feminism did not contribute and I would have to be fairly ignorant to think it did not, particularly in the evolution of abortion laws, but there are other factors that could have played a role

Evolutionary theory claims that men have a natural desire to protect women, so this could easily be a factor too when considering court rulings where women were favored

There is also a lot of evidence from psychology and sociology indicating that humans favor underdogs, so this could be a factor

America has become more liberal in general, this also correlates

There are too many variables

sophistry you are a master of it. evolutionary theory as a factor is ? men have been murdering women forever so clearly men don't have a natural desire to protect women. feminist fighting to change laws had a direct effect on society thus there is a direct cause. other factors could have played a role but i see no proof that they did i have more proof than you do.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options
    So this thread just proves what we already know:

? FemBot poochies have NO idea what they want.

(Awaits the angry reaction from a certain feminist and her super simp "protector")
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

2. Why not

LOL!!!!!!!!!! and this is a prime example of why I roll my eyes at most(not all) of the things that come out of feminist mouths. This whole post is a contradiction to the movement and lacks a whole lot of logic. It does nothing more than prove what I said about the movement. most of it(not all) Is basically based on how y'all feel at the moment.

Like I said, equality truly is not the theme of the movement. You pulling the biology card was beyond desperate. You seriously just cut the man out of the picture like he doesn't matter anymore. But when the baby is born(now away from the female body) the woman is still in control. Now if the man decides to not have anything to do with the child it's a cop out and he's running from responsibility? The woman is in complete control of the whole situation they equally created. Once again, it's how y'all feel in a situation. And lets not even go there with the "biology" argument, you really don't want to do that. This level of objectification proves it's about how y'all feel once again. You really messed up with the line I highlighted in red when you said "when a man can create a child". LOL a woman can't create a child on her own and neither can a man. man + woman = life and we both have a role to play. Just because you carry "our" child doesn't put you in charge of "our" situation. In a sense you are devaluing the mans worth while focusing on the woman's. That aint trying to be equal with men at all.

And with this, I rest my case. You have a blessed positive day you beautiful woman you.

shot out to @Jono I see you playa, I see you. PLAYA!!!! PLAYA!!!!
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    lol @ Biology being the reason for women being able to choose to abort a baby. It's your biological duty to carry the babies you create. They's why you're given a ? . That's why your body changes to accommodate the baby. That's Biology. "I don't want to carry the baby because it's going to be a burden on me." Isn't a biological reason for women having abortions. Selfishness is.

And lmao @ declaring that if men don't want to have babies they should get a vasectomy and have safe sex, but not holding women to that same standard. If men have to live by those rules, why shouldn't women also?

Basically every time women defend feminism, their arguments break down to "We want equality and fairness when it benefits us and don't really care about it when it doesn't."