Officer Involved....

Options

Comments

• blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jus curious. Maybe these police killings are a message to all black ppl that ? controls this country. Obama, Holder nor Sharpton have enough nuts to call it what it is.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »

If u are getting shot while running away .what the ? u think is gonna happen ,if u just stand there?....

The cop will shoot u n say, u charged at them.
    Charge at , u know the opposite of running away.
    Running = posing no threat at all.
    If cops are provoked by a person running? Won't they even be more provoked by a person in close proximity?

I'm not really sure what this has to do with any of those cases. In both cases, running is what caused the violent confrontation not what resulted from a violent confrontation. You right, if the cops are going to attack you anyway, you might as well run. I'm just saying that dudes shouldn't be getting their cardio up in preparation for their next encounter with the cops.

if u gonna run, u might want to make sure u can do more than an airborne shuffle a few feet before some out of shape ? catches u...
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LordZuko wrote: »
    That ? got caught by a cracca wearing a duty belt.

If ? don't hit the gym for nothing else it should be at least so they can outrun a cop for three blocks

Or you know, they could stop running from the cops. How many cases like this do you need to see before you realize it's probably not the smartest thing to do.

I mean, if u running away and is getting killed... I never saw a anything that's running away as an entity that poses a threat .
    If u running away, u are as harmless as can be....
    So with that said, n u still get shot...

Its time ? shoot back

I wasn't saying that to excuse the cops actions. The dude I responded to was strategizing on how ? could improve their ability to run away from the cops. That's stupid. If you know the cops are racist and violent, why would you do anything to provoke them?
    7figz wrote: »

If ? don't hit the gym for nothing else it should be at least so they can outrun a cop for three blocks

Or you know, they could stop running from the cops. How many cases like this do you need to see before you realize it's probably not the smartest thing to do.

Spoken like a true ? .

Do you also focus on the clothes women wear as the reason they get ? ?

And have you never seen instances where somebody didn't "run" and ? still happened ?

Ya'll ? are stupid as ? . Is it that hard to actually read things in context? I wasn't responding to the incident with that comment. I was responding to the implication that dudes just hit the gym so they could run from cops better.

Bruh, your post speaks for itself. Don't type some ? ? and get mad when you get called on it.

It's like saying you shouldn't know how to defend yourself because when a cop is trying to ? you, it's not a good idea to fight back.
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i could see the shooting being an accident and all but that "? your breath" ? is what should lead to some charges. with proper medical attention they probably could have saved that guy.
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SneakDZA wrote: »

I mean, if u running away and is getting killed... I never saw a anything that's running away as an entity that poses a threat .

Its time ? shoot back

I wasn't saying that to excuse the cops actions. The dude I responded to was strategizing on how ? could improve their ability to run away from the cops. That's stupid. If you know the cops are racist and violent, why would you do anything to provoke them?

Spoken like a true ? .

And have you never seen instances where somebody didn't "run" and ? still happened ?

Ya'll ? are stupid as ? . Is it that hard to actually read things in context? I wasn't responding to the incident with that comment. I was responding to the implication that dudes just hit the gym so they could run from cops better.

If you know the cops are racist and violent why would you let them tie you up and take you to their headquarters?

also this guy was clearly guilty and he knew it so he ran for it. that's what crooks are supposed to do when they're facing arrest... that doesn't mean they should get executed on the spot for it on some judge dredd ? .

Exactly the point a lot of MFs miss. That's why I never say some ? like "the cops should have...."

Nah, the cops shouldn't have the power to make any type of punishment decisions. Even judges ? this up, let alone some racist, scary-ass, authority-complex, coked up, ? MF with a badge.
  • SOWETO
    SOWETO Members Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jus curious. Maybe these police killings are a message to all black ppl that ? controls this country. Obama, Holder nor Sharpton have enough nuts to call it what it is.
    if thats the message, then someone owes me a fade.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Options

Its time ? shoot back

Spoken like a true ? .

Bruh, your post speaks for itself. Don't type some ? ? and get mad when you get called on it.

It's like saying you shouldn't know how to defend yourself because when a cop is trying to ? you, it's not a good idea to fight back.

That analogy has nothing at all to do with what I said, so you're proving yourself to be as stupid as I think you are. If you're running for your life, do what you gotta do. But that ain't got ? to do with this thread because that's not what was happening in that video. But hey, I know how much you dumb ? like using the word ? , so proceed in if that's what makes you happy.

• stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    “Deputy Bates did not commit a crime. Reserve Deputy Bates was a victim, a true victim, of slips and capture,” Sergeant Jim Clark said, according to KJRH.

Typical Pig Mentality.. It's not unarmed black who's the victim.. No its are wannabe cop hanger on buddy whose the real victim...
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    When ? like this happens, ALL Americans should be afraid. Not just black people. That's the funny thing about white people's dismissive tone when things like this happen.

This is just the beginning.

real ? . and since this is true, wouldn't you expect those who say these aren't race issues be more afraid and focused on police brutality itself? thats how you know these people are full of ?
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    huey wrote: »
    mryounggun wrote: »
    When ? like this happens, ALL Americans should be afraid. Not just black people. That's the funny thing about white people's dismissive tone when things like this happen.

This is just the beginning.

real ? . and since this is true, wouldn't you expect those who say these aren't race issues be more afraid and focused on police brutality itself? thats how you know these people are full of ?

Na. Not really. Not everyone has the foresight to look past the fact that they place no value on black life to see that one day this is gonna be an issue that isn't confined to black people.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Taser! Taser!"

*pop*

"I shot him, sorry."

Nah, doesn't work like that
  • stringer bell
    Options
    http://www.wncn.com/story/28783002/okla-prosecutors-review-video-of-shooting-of-unarmed-black-man-by-cop
    Okla. prosecutors review video of shooting of unarmed black man by cop

TULSA, Okla. -
    Oklahoma prosecutors are reviewing the shooting of an unarmed black man by police who say he was unintentionally struck with a gun instead of tased during the fatal takedown.

Video released Friday shows the dramatic April 2 arrest of Tulsa man Eric Harris, 44, and the moment Reserve Deputy Robert Bates, 73, shoots him.

"Taser! Taser!" Bates is heard shouting, before firing a single round from his regular gun, hitting Harris, who was pinned to the ground by officers.

Bates quickly realized his mistake: "I shot him! I'm sorry!"

As Harris squirms on the ground he screams, "He shot me! He shot me, man. Oh, my ? . I'm losing my breath," he said.

Harris was taken to the hospital, where he died about an hour later.

The incident has gained national attention following the video's release and an awareness over fatal police shooting's involving unarmed black men. The Tulsa County Sheriff's Office defended Bates' error and said he "did not commit a crime," reported NBC affiliate KJRH.

Tulsa Police Sgt. Jim Clark, who is reviewing the case "independently," claimed Bates suffered from a phenomenon sometimes called "slip and capture" — in which people unintentionally do the opposite of what they meant to during extreme duress.

The case has been turned over to the Tulsa County district attorney and autopsy results are pending, Tulsa County Sheriff's Maj. Shannon Clark said at a news conference Friday.

Bates, a reserve deputy with the Tulsa County Violent Crimes Task Force, had a pepperball gun in one hand and meant to grab for his Taser with the other hand, but pulled his firearm instead, authorities said.

Bates was not originally supposed to be on the arrest team that day, but was "thrust in to the situation," authorities added.

The video first shows Harris being recorded by a sting operation in which he was allegedly trying to sell a 9 mm semi-automatic pistol and ammunition to an undercover sheriff's task force. But Harris bolted from the car the moment he was about to be arrested, Maj. Clark said.

Harris also has prior convictions for assault and battery on an officer and two other felony arrests, as well as multiple robbery and stolen property charges, KJRH reported.

Maj. Clark said Harris was possibly under the influence of Phencyclidine, ? , when he was admitted to the hospital. Authorities also said they believed he may have been armed at the time because of the way he was holding his arms near his waistline, although he was arrested without any weapons.

Harris' brother said he was on his way to pick him up the morning he was killed so that they could go to work together. Andre Harris told KJRH that he drove by the scene of the shooting and only realized later it involved his brother when he asked what race the victim was.

"For them to say he was wilding on ? and fighting, it's not true," Andre Harris said. "And if it is true, they should have tased him."

• cannonspike1994
    cannonspike1994 Members Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its not a war its a race annihilation. Were not fighting back at all these crackers are killing us one by one.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol @ these BS excuses the cops come up with. Reports say that the guy that did the shooting was some rich old man on a glorified ride along. So maybe it's possible that his ? really did pull his gun instead of the taser. I don't see how that's possible, but maybe senility is setting in or something. Even if that's true, it still doesn't excuse the fact that the other cops didn't even take a pause in roughing the dude up even after they knew he had been shot. Crazy.
  • stringer bell
    Options
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/report-robert-bates-charged-manslaughter-eric-harris
    Prosecutors on Monday charged the Tulsa County, Oklahoma reserve sheriff's deputy who shot and killed an unarmed man earlier this month with second degree manslaughter.

The Tulsa County Sheriff's Office has said that Robert Bates, who is 73 years old and is white, fatally shot Eric Harris, who was black, on April 2 when he mistook his handgun for a taser while trying to help take Harris into custody.

District Attorney Steve Kunzweiler said in a press release that Bates was charged with second-degree manslaughter for the shooting.

“Mr. Bates is charged with Second-Degree Manslaughter involving culpable negligence," Kunzweiler said in the release, as quoted by The Tulsa World newspaper. "Oklahoma law defines culpable negligence as ‘the omission to do something which a reasonably careful person would do, or the lack of the usual ordinary care and caution in the performance of an act usually and ordinarily exercised by a person under similar circumstances and conditions.'"

“The defendant is presumed to be innocent under the law but we will be prepared to present evidence at future court hearings," the release continued.

Will see if that old ? gets convicted or will they goes easy on him.. and strike a plea deal cause he's a geezer...
  • stringer bell
    Options
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/sheriff-stanley-glantz-eric-harris-shooting-error
    Sheriff Compares Killing Of Black Man To Mistake 'Made In An Operating Room'

The sheriff of Tulsa County, Oklahoma on Monday compared the shooting of an unarmed black man by a white reserve deputy to the kind of mistakes doctors make in an operating room.

The Tulsa County Sheriff's Office has said that Reserve Deputy Robert Bates, 73, accidentally shot Eric Harris on April 2 when he mistook his handgun for a Taser while trying to help another deputy subdue Harris. A video released over the weekend showed a deputy telling Harris "? your breath" when he complained of being short of breath after being shot.

"He made an error," Sheriff Stanley Glantz told The Tulsa World newspaper. "How many errors are made in an operating room every week?"

Aside from being a reserve deputy, Bates is an insurance company executive who has donated thousands of dollars in equipment to the sheriff's office. Glantz described him to the newspaper as a friend going back some 50 years who also had served as his insurance agent.

The Tulsa World previously reported that Bates chaired Glantz's 2012 re-election effort and donated $2,500 to the sheriff's campaign.

Asked whether the shooting was justified, Glantz told the newspaper that the question was difficult to answer.

"It was unintentional," he said. "You know, justified means you had reason to do something. He had reason to get the gun out when the guy was fleeing."

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    oklahoma said please dont federally investigate us!

? all in the pd up there

giphy.gif
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The 73 y/o just got charged with 2nd degree manslaughter