Woman Films Herself Walking on the Streets of NYC for a Day. (Street Harassment Propaganda)

Options

Comments

• BEAM
    BEAM Members Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    putting up that zesty ass gif don't help your case of proving that you are not a ?

and on top of that you have that ? pink marsh mellow kirby in your avi

I used that gif on purpose, to mock the ? who had to resort to namecalling like an elementary schooler.

And Foh, Kirby was that ? . That series had some gems that i spent hours with during my childhood..

zombie wrote: »
    In defense of beam he is not a homosexual his positions on there issues basically makes him a male feminist which basically means he's be neutered. He ALWAYS argues for the female side in these kinds of threads

Foh ? , i don't need you ( of all people ) to defend me against these ? .

And what the ? is a "female side?" I argue equality of the sexes in the 21st Century, which sadly is a predominantly female position because most of you ? act like sexist, chauvinistic, knuckle dragging cave men who wanna brand any and all attempts at abolishing patriarchy as "radical."

Your manhood is rooted in weakness, and your self-esteem is like fine china. I mean damn, ? in here ? because a femme has the free will to respond how she wants instead of pandering to either your thirst or your feelings.

? frat boy ass ? in here high fiving because somebody said the word "? ," foh.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    BEAM wrote: »
    putting up that zesty ass gif don't help your case of proving that you are not a ?

and on top of that you have that ? pink marsh mellow kirby in your avi

I used that gif on purpose, to mock the ? who had to resort to namecalling like an elementary schooler.

And Foh, Kirby was that ? . That series had some gems that i spent hours with during my childhood..

In defense of beam he is not a homosexual his positions on there issues basically makes him a male feminist which basically means he's be neutered. He ALWAYS argues for the female side in these kinds of threads

Foh ? , i don't need you ( of all people ) to defend me against these ? .

And what the ? is a "female side?" I argue equality of the sexes in the 21st Century, which sadly is a predominantly female position because most of you ? act like sexist, chauvinistic, knuckle dragging cave men who wanna brand any and all attempts at abolishing patriarchy as "radical."

Your manhood is rooted in weakness, and your self-esteem is like fine china. I mean damn, ? in here ? because a femme has the free will to respond how she wants instead of pandering to either your thirst or your feelings.

? frat boy ass ? in here high fiving because somebody said the word "? ," foh.

Yeah but they are slaughtering you in this argument I was just trying to help you so clam the ? down and everyone who pays attention to your posts knows you basically are a male feminist any position that the feminist take 8 times out of 10 you are on their side or share the same opinion.

And there is no equality of the sexes that is the female arguing position that i was talking about and there never being equality of the sexes has nothing to do with how men feel the actual reality is that women and men are not equal and they play different roles depending on the society.

as for this whole cat call ? i could really care less because what are women going to do??? men won't stop it and these shame tactics will only backfire that's why i have not really posted in this thread i don't give much ? about the topic.
  • BEAM
    Options
    Yeah but they are slaughtering you in this argument I was just trying to help you so clam the ? down and everyone who pays attention to your posts knows you basically are a male feminist any position that the feminist take 8 times out of 10 you are on their side or share the same opinion.

Oh, i'm being "slaughtered" now? Is that what's happening? Yeah, shutup.

These ? are all in agreement because of exactly what i said earlier, they're sexist. Tis All. That doesn't constitute a winning position.

And there is no equality of the sexes that is the female arguing position that i was talking about and there never being equality of the sexes has nothing to do with how men feel the actual reality is that women and men are not equal and they play different roles depending on the society.

Again with this ? . We live in the 21st century, fam. The societies of old where physical strength ( demonstrated thru tantrums and warfare ) are gone; But you ? wanna cling to this patriarchy ? like it's not man made. It is, literally. Get over it, today.

as for this whole cat call ? i could really care less because what are women going to do??? men won't stop it

The bolded is the issue here. This is how it's always been. That's how men have led most all societies, with that same "What Are You Gonna Do About It?" mentality.. Like brutes..

Men won't stop because they have a history of being able to do whatever the ? they wanted, especially when it came to women, thus the social entitlements i've mentioned.

? are trying to dodge conversations that entertain them possibly having to be more considerate, and less selfish.

No shorty owes you an opportunity to say hello, or enact game; And the fact that men may be too spoiled to accept this is a shame, not a reality.

• rabbitfood
    rabbitfood Members Posts: 486 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    The director's response for why so little footage for 10 hours.
    We had a lot more than that, but the video was made for YouTube, and people have short attention spans.
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

These ? are all in agreement because of exactly what i said earlier, they're sexist. Tis All. That doesn't constitute a winning position.

Again with this ? . We live in the 21st century, fam. The societies of old where physical strength ( demonstrated thru tantrums and warfare ) are gone; But you ? wanna cling to this patriarchy ? like it's not man made. It is, literally. Get over it, today.

as for this whole cat call ? i could really care less because what are women going to do??? men won't stop it

The bolded is the issue here. This is how it's always been. That's how men have led most all societies, with that same "What Are You Gonna Do About It?" mentality.. Like brutes..

Men won't stop because they have a history of being able to do whatever the ? they wanted, especially when it came to women, thus the social entitlements i've mentioned.

? are trying to dodge conversations that entertain them possibly having to be more considerate, and less selfish.

No shorty owes you an opportunity to say hello, or enact game; And the fact that men may be too spoiled to accept this is a shame, not a reality.

So then what do you propose B. Strangers should be bannes from speaking or striking up convo based on gender and of course RACE. Because there really is no other solution. Some ? you gotta just deal wit. When ? ask me for change I keep walking now cuz I get asked 10 times a day. No point in trying to spark up a campaign about it....it's life.

• rabbitfood
    rabbitfood Members Posts: 486 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And Foh, Kirby was is that ? . That series had still has some gems

• zombie
    Options

it really does not matter what century we live in, i hate when people bring up the year like it should mean something. sorry to break it to you but humans have not ? changed. I don't support patriarchy but i am a strong believer in gender roles, war is going no where and physical strength is still valued by the very women you are always defending no matter what the ? they tell you. Things that are man made are just as real as natural things.

men won't stop cat calling because we don't want to not because of history or any other excuse you feminist want to make up. A woman does not have to respond that;s her right but i am still going to say hello and that's my right what the ? is all the fuss for???

and if supporting gender roles makes me a relic of the past so be it, it's better than being the gender neutral borderline androgynous weaklings that you think should inhabit the 21 century, some of you idiots need a testosterone shot.
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol ? said zesty...

so thread dead or nah?
  • Darth Sidious
    Darth Sidious Members Posts: 2,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If that was your girl or daughter and men approached her that way WHILE you were walking with her, would you be okay with that?

If that's cool with you, I suggest you are a ? .

From what I understand about the video, it was done as a study to see what a woman goes through walking the streets alone\minding her business and the results should ? off any self respecting man.

She's harassed 108 times as she walks (silently) down the streets of the city. In two instances she's followed; one of the guys walks beside her for over five minutes.

The only reason these bums do it is because the women are alone and they feel like they can get away with it.

I'm out of here but BETTER people know what is right and what is wrong. Urchins will continue to live and cat call on the street and ultimately not get any ? because they don't know how to approach a woman.

• zombie
    Options
    If that was your girl or daughter and men approached her that way WHILE you were walking with her, would you be okay with that?

If that's cool with you, I suggest you are a ? .

From what I understand about the video, it was done as a study to see what a woman goes through walking the streets alone\minding her business and the results should ? off any self respecting man.

She's harassed 108 times as she walks (silently) down the streets of the city. In two instances she's followed; one of the guys walks beside her for over five minutes.

The only reason these bums do it is because the women are alone and they feel like they can get away with it.

I'm out of here but BETTER people know what is right and what is wrong. Urchins will continue to live and cat call on the street and ultimately not get any ? because they don't know how to approach a woman.

You are correct cat calling is not the best way to get ? but a man has a right to be an ? and i am against these feminist attempts to shame men into changing our behavior.
  • BEAM
    edited October 2014
    Options
    So then what do you propose B. Strangers should be bannes from speaking or striking up convo based on gender and of course RACE. Because there really is no other solution. Some ? you gotta just deal wit. When ? ask me for change I keep walking now cuz I get asked 10 times a day. No point in trying to spark up a campaign about it....it's life.

I've said countless times that I don't support, nor would I propose the bolded.

The solution, assuming you've been attentive enough to catch the issue I've cited, would be for Men to reconcile with the fact that these women don't owe you anything. Sure, you can approach, but getting ? about if/how she rejects you is immature and a symptom of one of the many social entitlements men have with women.

So nah, women shouldn't just have to deal because ? ain't tryna change. To be honest tho, many of them already do by outright ignoring ? , but alas, said ? get upset and resort to calling her a "? ." You see? It's a cycle, an unnecessary one..

And ftr, "life" is malleable. I know a lot of you content ? believe otherwise, as if ? sapien societal norms are somehow as absolute of the Laws of the Universe, but you're mistaken.

it really does not matter what century we live in, i hate when people bring up the year like it should mean something. sorry to break it to you but humans have not ? changed. I don't support patriarchy but i am a strong believer in gender roles, war is going no where and physical strength is still valued by the very women you are always defending no matter what the ? they tell you. Things that are man made are just as real as natural things.

Fam, don't be stupid; History is most certainly relevant. Historically, men have been able to forcibly do as they please, especially with women. This liberty has manifested itself in a wide variety of ways ( social entitlements ), to the point that ? think that having their way is "natural." I mean seriously, how arrogant can you be?

And women liking muscles means nothing. As soon as you exert that power in an oppressive or domineering way ( save for in the bedroom ), any conscious, self-respecting woman will take issue with it. You ? tryna rally with the women who don't mind your arrogance is like when White people say they have Black friend that lets them say the n-word.

And yes, like nature, man-made systems and structures are also subject to change: Albeit, nature far less so..

men won't stop cat calling because we don't want to not because of history or any other excuse you feminist want to make up.

The first part is true, but stubbornness for stubbornness' sake is no just cause.
    The second part is pure ignorance. Obviously this discourse has a very low likelihood of enlightening you, so I'm not sure what to do about rock-headed ? like you..

and if supporting gender roles makes me a relic of the past so be it, it's better than being the gender neutral borderline androgynous weaklings that you think should inhabit the 21 century, some of you idiots need a testosterone shot.

This is pure feelings. Fairness is in no way synonymous with gender neutrality.

"Weakling?" In what regard? Because I don't rely on weak definitions of manhood dependent upon oppression and entitlement to have pride, dignity, etc? You're pathetic.
  • BEAM
    Options
    You are correct cat calling is not the best way to get ? but a man has a right to be an ? and i am against these feminist attempts to shame men into changing our behavior.

And a shorty has a right to be a "? ," yet you ? spent 19 pages being mad about it.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    DAT FUNNY OR DIE VIDEO THO LMAO

(? combing through 19 pages, imma assume its already posted)
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Leave Beam alone!
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dudes are willfully ignoring the problem now because it's been said quite a few times in this thread already: Even if most of those individual incidents do not amount to harassment, the relentless attention, day in, day out, is bothersome to many women. Got it now?

The video says 100 times in 10 hours correct?

Isnt that just 6 times per hour?

And if it were truly that bothersome why only show the black and latino men? So cave ? will be more offended and frightened? You know...because brown men are "scary & disrespectful."

THe makers of the video already admitted that there were just as many white men they just edited them out -_-

This is yet another case of whitre femi-? racist man hater ? pandering to their audience; Dumb ? & the beta males who empathize with them.
  • zombie
    edited October 2014
    Options

I've said countless times that I don't support, nor would I propose the bolded.

The solution, assuming you've been attentive enough to catch the issue I've cited, would be for Men to reconcile with the fact that these women don't owe you anything. Sure, you can approach, but getting ? about if/how she rejects you is immature and a symptom of one of the many social entitlements men have with women.

So nah, women shouldn't just have to deal because ? ain't tryna change. To be honest tho, many of them already do, and outright ignore ? , but alas, said ? get upset and resort to calling her a "? ." You see? It's a cycle, an unnecessary one..

And ftr, "life" is malleable. I know a lot of you content ? believe otherwise, as if ? sapien societal norms are somehow as absolute of the Laws of the Universe, but you're mistaken.

Fam, don't be stupid; History is most certainly relevant. Historically, men have been able to forcibly do as they please, especially with women. This liberty has manifested itself in a wide variety of ways ( social entitlements ), to the point that ? think that having their way is "natural." I mean seriously, how arrogant can you be?

And women liking muscles means nothing. As soon as you exert that power in an oppressive or domineering way ( save for in the bedroom ), any conscious, self-respecting woman will take issue with it. You ? tryna rally with the women who don't mind your arrogance is like when White people say they have Black friend that lets them say the n-word.

And yes, like nature, man-made systems and structures are also subject to change: Albeit, nature far less so..

men won't stop cat calling because we don't want to not because of history or any other excuse you feminist want to make up.

The first part is true, but stubbornness for stubbornness' sake is no just cause.
    The second part is pure ignorance. Obviously this discourse has a very low likelihood of enlightening you, so I'm not sure what to do about rock-headed ? like you..

This is pure feelings. Fairness is in no way synonymous with gender neutrality.

"Weakling?" In what regard? Because I don't rely on weak definitions of manhood dependent upon oppression and entitlement to have pride, dignity, etc? You're pathetic.

Sorry i am not seeing the historical connection to some guy in 2014 saying " yo baby what's up you got a fat ass" and the attitudes of men five hundred years ago. I think you are thinking and reading too much into male behavior these kinds of men don't sit back and say to themselves i feel entitled to cat call that girl in the stripped mini skirt because i am a man and that is the historical role men play. male Physical strength still means something to society your attempt to belittle it is baseless.

man made social structures can change but should they always that is the question, changes are not always good for a society. I don't care about fairness, fairness in all things is impossible it's a fleeting illusions to be pursued but never attained. you don't seem to have any definition of manhood you and all feminist try to impose this lie of gender equality onto the world and the results have been nothing but unhappines for both sexes

The male feminist position is one of a weakling because they want to please women at the expense of the rights of men, you want fairness but in this situation it's already fair, i can cat call her and she can walk away or not , she can cat call me and i can walk away or not what the ? is not fair about that.

the guys who followed her are the only thing i found disturbing about this video.
  • zombie
    Options

And a shorty has a right to be a "? ," yet you ? spent 19 pages being mad about it.

I don't know what went on for 19 pages i just started really posting in here
  • BEAM
    Options
    Leave Beam alone!

tumblr_naqlasZRra1tk5otxo1_500.gif

I can handle myself, shorty.
    I'm quite used to combating the status quo.
  • BEAM
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Sorry i am not seeing the historical connection to some guy in 2014 saying " yo baby what's up you got a fat ass" and the attitudes of men five hundred years ago. I think you are thinking and reading too much into male behavior these kinds of men don't sit back and say to themselves i feel entitled to cat call that girl in the stripped mini skirt because i am a man and that is the historical role men play.

Then you're dim, case closed.

Just because ? don't mentally map ? out doesn't mean that certain behaviors aren't culturally engrained. Being a ? is quite literally second nature to a literally annoying number of guys.. You're an enabler.

male Physical strength still means something to society your attempt to belittle it is baseless.

Yeah, sports.

man made social structures can change but should they always that is the question, changes are not always good for a society. I don't care about fairness, fairness in all things is impossible it's a fleeting illusions to be pursued but never attained. you don't seem to have any definition of manhood you and all feminist try to impose this lie of gender equality onto the world and the results have been nothing but unhappines for both sexes

Yeah, you're the problem.
    The fact that you don't agree with or care for fairness / equality is moot. As I said, you're an enabler of a fairly obvious issue. But since it doesn't affect you, and your belief system supports such ignorance, this concept is a threat to you, because you're weak.

The male feminist position is one of a weakling because they want to please women at the expense of the rights of men, you want fairness but in this situation it's already fair, i can cat call her and she can walk away or not, she can cat call me and i can walk away or not what the ? is not fair about that.

What rights are being impeded by equality?
    Please do detail the sectors of you "strength" that depend on women being held beneath you societally.

And I've spelled out my position almost relentlessly at this point. What's ridiculous is the entitlement. You may be cool with the part about femmes ignoring you, but if you've paid any attention to the responses this video has gotten, you'd see that most men aren't. Beyond being angry about the apparently warped message of the video, many much more serious issues regarding selfishness, aggression, and privilege have become ever more visible..
  • zombie
    Options
    i doubt men of previous generations cat called women as much men do today probably because other men would not stand for it and generally speaking people back in the day were more polite. Today living in the post feminist revolution many more men don't give a ? . After all women are our equals, or at least they pretend to be when it can benefit them men consciously or subconsciously know this AND as a result we have lost respect for them.
  • BEAM
    edited October 2014
    Options
    i doubt men of previous generations cat called women as much men do today probably because other men would not stand for it and generally speaking people back in the day were more polite. Today living in the post feminist revolution many more men don't give a ? . After all women are our equals, or at least they pretend to be when it can benefit them men consciously or subconsciously know this AND as a result we have lost respect for them.

Yeah, they ? and beat them more, so what's your point?

And nah, civility has only gotten better as time has progressed.
    I mean the fact that political correctness is impeding freedom is evidence of that.

And respect built on cultural fallacy means nothing.