Woman Films Herself Walking on the Streets of NYC for a Day. (Street Harassment Propaganda)

Options

Comments

• Lincoln
    Lincoln Members Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    deadeye wrote: »
    Even if most of those individual incidents do not amount to harassment, the relentless attention, day in, day out, is bothersome to many women. Got it now?

Just because it's "bothersome" doesn't make it harassment.

Got it now?

You even said yourself that "most of those individual incidents do not amount to harassment"....so what's your point?

you do realize he agrees with you on that point right?

• SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Even if most of those individual incidents do not amount to harassment, the relentless attention, day in, day out, is bothersome to many women. Got it now?

Got it now?

You even said yourself that "most of those individual incidents do not amount to harassment"....so what's your point?

lmao - is this some kind of jedi mind trick post? you said the same ? he said.
  • BEAM
    BEAM Members Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Lincoln wrote: »
    you do realize he agrees with you on that point right?
    SneakDZA wrote: »
    lmao - is this some kind of jedi mind trick post? you said the same ? he said.

These ? don't wanna flesh these issues out, they wanna harp on surface level fodder.
    Then they wanna be all upset at anyone that doesn't regurgitate previous complaints, and high five about obvious ? . At this point, part of being a "man" is being able to ? about ? .. How ironic.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    Trashboat wrote: »
    BEAM wrote: »
    You seriously think people are more civil today LOL political correctness itself is a sign of disrespect
    all sectors of society are rude and disrespectful today what world are you living in??? the point i was trying to make is that men have changed how we see women in some ways this had been good because both sexes have benefited and in some it has been bad. young males today have no respect for women at all and women are less happy

what is the cultural fallacy that you think the respect men of past had for women is built on.

Men respected women that behaved, that did as they wanted. That is the cultural fallacy. This is why men are so angry, and women so unhappy, because guys want women to be subservient and permissive, and attempting to be a free woman amongst patriarchal types is exhausting I'm sure.

And yes, people are most certainly more civil today, and less violent.

today men overall are actually happier than the men of 40 year ago

LOL
    how would that even be proven ?

they compared the answers from the 1970's to the answers of men today and found that in many categories men said they were happier today

That's an unreliable way to measure it
    so much room for error

just look up the ? study and read it for yourself

That does not change the fact that subjective data is unreliable

we are talking about happiness it's very nature is subjective and personal not everything is objective we are human beings and subjective feelings have to be taken into account sometimes and according to that study the happiness of men has increased and the happiness of women has decreased. I am not playing your lawyer games

Brain scans would serve as a more detailed measure with greater accuracy

no it would not because brain scans would still have to be interpreted by someone and since we do not fully understand the brain their interpretation would still be somewhat subjective.

We understand it well enough to see when neurotransmitters responsible for happiness are present, and we know when the reward centers of the brain are being stimulated

There have been studies on it before
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Everyone keeps saying White Men were edited out of the video....How do we know? Were the makers of the vid. outed or something?

It was implied in the article that they weren't included because most of their comments were made when the cameras weren't rolling or when there was too much noise around.

So, they weren't intentionally left out.....it was just a "coincidence" that all the white men were making comments when the cameras weren't on.

29-Camron-NP.gif
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    OGClarenceBoddicker Members Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i hate white people to def
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I from the south and I'm a personable individual. I speak to folk. Hell every chick I speak to I'm not trying to ? just being cordial. This video ? tho cuz it's a thick woman fishing for reactions.
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options

Got it now?

Didn't I have this conversation with Copper a few pages back?

Anyway, my point is that even if it is not harassment, the constant attention can still be annoying, and that that should be enough to make more men more circumspect about giving women that kind of attention in public places. In short, even if it is not harassment, that doesn't mean that everything is fine.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You seriously think people are more civil today LOL political correctness itself is a sign of disrespect
    all sectors of society are rude and disrespectful today what world are you living in??? the point i was trying to make is that men have changed how we see women in some ways this had been good because both sexes have benefited and in some it has been bad. young males today have no respect for women at all and women are less happy

what is the cultural fallacy that you think the respect men of past had for women is built on.

Men respected women that behaved, that did as they wanted. That is the cultural fallacy. This is why men are so angry, and women so unhappy, because guys want women to be subservient and permissive, and attempting to be a free woman amongst patriarchal types is exhausting I'm sure.

LOL

they compared the answers from the 1970's to the answers of men today and found that in many categories men said they were happier today

so much room for error

we are talking about happiness it's very nature is subjective and personal not everything is objective we are human beings and subjective feelings have to be taken into account sometimes and according to that study the happiness of men has increased and the happiness of women has decreased. I am not playing your lawyer games

no it would not because brain scans would still have to be interpreted by someone and since we do not fully understand the brain their interpretation would still be somewhat subjective.

We understand it well enough to see when neurotransmitters responsible for happiness are present, and we know when the reward centers of the brain are being stimulated

until we understand it 100% we don't understand it because it all works together. end of ? story
  • LUClEN
    Options

LOL

so much room for error

until we understand it 100% we don't understand it because it all works together. end of ? story

That makes zero sense
    the things we know about the brain are not invalidated by the things we don't know
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Don't know if someone posted this yet, but the spoof is funny as ? .

http://FunnyOrDie.com/m/9ahe
  • zombie
    Options

LOL

so much room for error

That makes zero sense
    the things we know about the brain are not invalidated by the things we don't know

yes but we cannot make objective conclusions about happiness until we understand it totally now shut the ? up
  • rabbitfood
    rabbitfood Members Posts: 486 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • LUClEN
    Options

LOL

so much room for error

That makes zero sense

yes but we cannot make objective conclusions about happiness until we understand it totally now shut the ? up

We do understand a lot about emotion and neurotransmitters
    Enough that we can measure it more accurately than Subjective surveys can

You're implying that ignorance to other areas of the brain make our understanding of those incredible, which is absurd. One has no bearing on the other
  • zombie
    Options

LOL

so much room for error

That makes zero sense

We do understand a lot about emotion and neurotransmitters
    Enough that we can measure it more accurately than Subjective surveys can

You're implying that ignorance to other areas of the brain make our understanding of those incredible, which is absurd. One has no bearing on the other

this is my last reply to you. we can understand the individual parts of the brain somewhat but the understanding does not quantify happiness which is more than a ? emotional response.
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rabbitfood wrote: »

@SixSickSins
    @desertrain10

Is she a regular feminist or an "extreme" feminist?
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Watching Alex Witt that chick is .. didnt realize hiw wack she kooked and shes a vapid robotic bubblehead speaking the script
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    down south everyone speaks and women call men honey, cutie and sugar regularly

so I am also a victim of street harrasment
  • PapaDoc223
    PapaDoc223 Members Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »

Here up in nyc you greet someone they look at you crazy. You ? down south have that souhthern hospitality.

• xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »

heh.

if you've been halfway aesthetic during any point of your life as a man, you probably will have experienced women pressing their ? on your arm(or anywhere else), putting their hands underneath your ? to feel your abs & chest, feeling your biceps, smacking your ass, outright grabbing your crotch, looking under your gym shorts to get a peek(smh), sitting and moving around on your ? as they move to get across you, and all of the other little suggestive & outright blatant ? they do.

Exactly. All that ? and a lot more has happened to me lol. I could make tons of "harassment" vids except for the fact that I don't consider it harassment. I consider it more passive-agressive flirting than anything else. Females are allowed to flirt with a random dude by rubbing up against you but if a dude does that to a random girl then he's risking a sexual assault charge. Most dudes can only use their words to try and pull a chick

I don't "catcall" at all but I understand the fact that most dudes don't really know how to pull a chick so they prefer the "hail mary" approach, which is really what "catcalling" is

I think it's funny that females complain about this but won't take any personal action at all to try and solve the problem. Imo a girl that chooses to walk around in tight/skimpy ? can't really be mad if she receives attention from it, and that was probably said female's goal anyway, regardless of what she may say

I also think it's interesting that very attractive girls(8/10+) don't really complain about this "issue" at all
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I actually thought b4rPnQrC32H4cT was being sarcastic.