Woman Films Herself Walking on the Streets of NYC for a Day. (Street Harassment Propaganda)

Options

Comments

• BEAM
    BEAM Members Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @obnoxiouslyfresh‌

tumblr_ltwuzebREM1r5sys9o1_500.gif

It is nice to have another sensible person around here..
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    okay....

What I'm talking about is speaking and being cordial. This actually occured in this video about harassment.

In a video about harassment...there were people simply saying hello and goodmorning.

That is my problem with this video.

Why did they have that in the video?....Because obviously they consider that harassment B.

That is the problem.

Comprende?

Good.
  • BEAM
    edited October 2014
    Options
    okay....

What I'm talking about is speaking and being cordial. This actually occured in this video about harassment.

In a video about harassment...there were people simply saying hello and goodmorning.

That is my problem with this video.

Why did they have that in the video?....Because obviously they consider that harassment B.

That is the problem.

Comprende?

Good.

Bruh, we agree on that front.
    This video is ridiculous, and the flaws are glaringly obvious.

And you passive aggressive, "I'm not gon tag or quote you but I'm still talking to you" ass ? ? me.
    And the ? who hide behind reactions (
    @xxCivicxx‌ ) are even worse..
  • Cunt_Lyfe
    Cunt_Lyfe Members, Writer Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When I think of harassment that I and my friends have been through, what this girl experienced is extremely tame. There is a difference in harassment experienced by white women and women of color. I think that's why our reactions aren't as passionate to the video.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    BEAM wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    Sorry i am not seeing the historical connection to some guy in 2014 saying " yo baby what's up you got a fat ass" and the attitudes of men five hundred years ago. I think you are thinking and reading too much into male behavior these kinds of men don't sit back and say to themselves i feel entitled to cat call that girl in the stripped mini skirt because i am a man and that is the historical role men play.

Then you're dim, case closed.

Just because ? don't mentally map ? out doesn't mean that certain behaviors aren't culturally engrained. Being a ? is quite literally second nature to a literally annoying number of guys.. You're an enabler.

male Physical strength still means something to society your attempt to belittle it is baseless.

Yeah, sports.

man made social structures can change but should they always that is the question, changes are not always good for a society. I don't care about fairness, fairness in all things is impossible it's a fleeting illusions to be pursued but never attained. you don't seem to have any definition of manhood you and all feminist try to impose this lie of gender equality onto the world and the results have been nothing but unhappines for both sexes

Yeah, you're the problem.
    The fact that you don't agree with or care for fairness / equality is moot. As I said, you're an enabler of a fairly obvious issue. But since it doesn't affect you, and your belief system supports such ignorance, this concept is a threat to you, because you're weak.

The male feminist position is one of a weakling because they want to please women at the expense of the rights of men, you want fairness but in this situation it's already fair, i can cat call her and she can walk away or not, she can cat call me and i can walk away or not what the ? is not fair about that.

What rights are being impeded by equality?
    Please do detail the sectors of you "strength" that depend on women being held beneath you societally.

And I've spelled out my position almost relentlessly at this point. What's ridiculous is the entitlement. You may be cool with the part about femmes ignoring you, but if you've paid any attention to the responses this video has gotten, you'd see that most men aren't. Beyond being angry about the apparently warped message of the video, many much more serious issues regarding selfishness, aggression, and privilege have become ever more visible..

CAN YOU PROVE THAT IT IS culturally engrained for men to cat call women?? if not stop, you are making a fool of yourself.

You are the dim one male physical strength is wanted by women for what ever reason and envied by weaker men because they want those same women, sports have nothing to do with it that you would even bring up sports supports my opinion of you. AND there are still physical jobs that women simply don't have interest in and would not be as affective as a man would be in that same position You have bought into this feminist ? and there stereotyping of males.

You want fairness, you want utopia, like most feminist men you are naive and unrealistic. fairness is not a threat to me because it is something that had never existed in any human society nor do i think it ever will.

Their is no equality amongst humans but i don't want a female to be held beneath males societally how the ? do you even get the position from my posts??? i support gender roles that does not mean the man's role has to be superior, men cat calling women on the street do not do so to enforce any entitlement or excess privilege, that's all in you mind. Men have the right to say what we want and so do women if they don't like it too ? bad keep moving.

Men are getting fed up with the feminist ? and that's what's really behind the anger this whole video is ? there were many many men in that video and most did not say a ? thing to her but the video makes it seem like she was being mobbed.
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Then we agree.

And I don't ever tag anybody.... but aint ? passive aggressive bruh. I was just on some lazy ? .

I figured you would know I was talking to you, which you did.

• zombie
    Options
    i doubt men of previous generations cat called women as much men do today probably because other men would not stand for it and generally speaking people back in the day were more polite. Today living in the post feminist revolution many more men don't give a ? . After all women are our equals, or at least they pretend to be when it can benefit them men consciously or subconsciously know this AND as a result we have lost respect for them.

Yeah, they ? and beat them more, so what's your point?

And nah, civility has only gotten better as time has progressed.
    I mean the fact that political correctness is impeding freedom is evidence of that.

And respect built on cultural fallacy means nothing.

You seriously think people are more civil today LOL political correctness itself is a sign of disrespect
    all sectors of society are rude and disrespectful today what world are you living in??? the point i was trying to make is that men have changed how we see women in some ways this had been good because both sexes have benefited and in some it has been bad. young males today have no respect for women at all and women are less happy

what is the cultural fallacy that you think the respect men of past had for women is built on.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • BEAM
    edited October 2014
    Options
    CAN YOU PROVE THAT IT IS culturally engrained for men to cat call women?? if not stop, you are making a fool of yourself.

The proof was in the video.
    The proof has been in many males responses to the video.

And lol @ making a fool of myself because I disagree with you. Shutup.

You are the dim one male physical strength is wanted by women for what ever reason and envied by weaker men because they want those same women, sports have nothing to do with it that you would even bring up sports supports my opinion of you. AND there are still physical jobs that women simply don't have interest in and would not be as affective as a man would be in that same position You have bought into this feminist ? and there stereotyping of males.

I'm in no way a proponent of that misandrist, stereotyping, male-bashing nonsense.

Being able to lift a heavy box doesn't make you special, bruh. As I said, sexual attraction is something else entirely, but physical strength's supposed importance as it applies to the 21st Century is fleeting, quickly. Except in the arena of sports, of course..

You want fairness, you want utopia, like most feminist men you are naive and unrealistic. fairness is not a threat to me because it is something that had never existed in any human society nor do i think it ever will.

Resisting hubris is in no way an unrealistic endeavor. Just because something hasn't yet being realized, doesn't mean it never will.

Their is no equality amongst humans but i don't want a female to be held beneath males societally how the ? do you even get the position from my posts??? i support gender roles that does not mean the man's role has to be superior, men cat calling women on the street do not do so to enforce any entitlement or excess privilege, that's all in you mind. Men have the right to say what we want and so do women if they don't like it too ? bad keep moving.

Men are getting fed up with the feminist ? and that's what's really behind the anger this whole video is ? there were many many men in that video and most did not say a ? thing to her but the video makes it seem like she was being mobbed.

Men are getting fed up with women wanting to have equal footing with them, and for checking previously unchecked behavior. ? really do be tryna beat they chest so they can hold onto what is indeed entitlement and privilege.

And the video's flaws are obvious, to the point of not even being worth discussing anymore. But this ? that has ? all in they feelings, is most definitely worth fleshing out.
  • BEAM
    Options
    You seriously think people are more civil today LOL political correctness itself is a sign of disrespect
    all sectors of society are rude and disrespectful today what world are you living in??? the point i was trying to make is that men have changed how we see women in some ways this had been good because both sexes have benefited and in some it has been bad. young males today have no respect for women at all and women are less happy

what is the cultural fallacy that you think the respect men of past had for women is built on.

Men respected women that behaved, that did as they wanted. That is the cultural fallacy. This is why men are so angry, and women so unhappy, because guys want women to be subservient and permissive, and attempting to be a free woman amongst patriarchal types is exhausting I'm sure.

And yes, people are most certainly more civil today, and less violent.
  • zombie
    edited October 2014
    Options

Men respected women that behaved, that did as they wanted. That is the cultural fallacy. This is why men are so angry, and women so unhappy, because guys want women to be subservient and permissive, and attempting to be a free woman amongst patriarchal types is exhausting I'm sure.

50 years ago students did not shoot up schools and teachers were not ? the students and you are wrong women today are less happy and it has nothing to do with men http://www.businessweek.com/stories/2009-10-16/why-are-women-unhappier-than-they-were-40-years-ago-businessweek-business-news-stock-market-and-financial-advice

today men overall are actually happier than the men of 40 year ago
  • BEAM
    Options
    50 years ago students did not shoot up schools and teachers were not ? the students and you are wrong women today are less happy and it has nothing to do with men http://www.businessweek.com/stories/2009-10-16/why-are-women-unhappier-than-they-were-40-years-ago-businessweek-business-news-stock-market-and-financial-advice

Fifty years ago more We were harassed, hung, and killed. Discrimination was more rampant, and frankly more supported. Seventy years ago we were in World War II, attempting to stop a successful, genocidal maniac; All while putting Asians in concentration camps. So again, what's your point?

There are a multitude of reasons women are "less happy" now than they once were, most of which are multi-layered,both culturally and psychologically. So that one article proves nothing.

Men are happier in certain respects due to our living in a more liberal society. But beyond that, many men have their qualms with a wide-range of issues, much of which we've seen here in this thread.

So again, what is your point?
  • zombie
    Options

The proof was in the video.
    The proof has been in many males responses to the video.

And lol @ making a fool of myself because I disagree with you. Shutup.

I'm in no way a proponent of that misandrist, stereotyping, male-bashing nonsense.

Being able to lift a heavy box doesn't make you special, bruh. As I said, sexual attraction is something else entirely, but physical strength's supposed importance as it applies to the 21st Century is fleeting, quickly. Except in the arena of sports, of course..

Resisting hubris is in no way an unrealistic endeavor. Just because something hasn't yet being realized, doesn't mean it never will.

Men are getting fed up with women wanting to have equal footing with them, and for checking previously unchecked behavior. ? really do be tryna beat they chest so they can hold onto what is indeed entitlement and privilege.

And the video's flaws are obvious, to the point of not even being worth discussing anymore. But this ? that has ? all in they feelings, is most definitely worth fleshing out.

You admitted the video is flawed so it's no proof that cat calling is engrained in the culture so try again.

sexual attraction is very very important to your success in the 21 century good looking, healthy and strong men are prefered over weak men not only for sexual encounters but also for job positions. men are not tired of women wanting to be equal, we are tired of women pretending to want to be equal when it benefits them and when the situation changes they want to play the helpless woman role or use their femininity to get what they want.
  • BEAM
    edited October 2014
    Options
    You admitted the video is flawed so it's no proof that cat calling is engrained in the culture so try again.

sexual attraction is very very important to your success in the 21 century good looking, healthy and strong men are prefered over weak men not only for sexual encounters but also for job positions. men are not tired of women wanting to be equal, we are tired of women pretending to want to be equal when it benefits them and when the situation changes they want to play the helpless woman role or use their femininity to get what they want.

The video is flawed due it's false premise :: That catcalling qualifies as harassment.
    But men catcalling, unprompted and unaware that they were on camera, being caught on camera is indeed "proof" of catcalling being socially engrained.

But who's hiring?
    Who's doing the behind the scenes work?
    Who's actually pushing our civilization?
    These supposedly unattractive males and females.

And of course using feminism as an agenda to establish superiority is an issue. No one has said otherwise. But what is also true, is that men are threatened by femmes having more social rights that require them ( men ) to have more tact and consideration.

And for the record, workplace harassment was more rampant fifty years ago too..
  • zombie
    edited October 2014
    Options

Fifty years ago more We were harassed, hung, and killed. Discrimination was more rampant, and frankly more supported. Seventy years ago we were in World War II, attempting to stop a successful, genocidal maniac; All while putting Asians in concentration camps. So again, what's your point?

There are a multitude of reasons women are "less happy" now than they once were, most of which are multi-layered,both culturally and psychologically. So that one article proves nothing.

Men are happier in certain respects due to our living in a more liberal society. But beyond that, many men have their qualms with a wide-range of issues, much of which we've seen here in this thread.

So again, what is your point?

WE ARE NOT TALKING about all the other ? you are bringing up as a straw man argument we are talking about men and women and how changes in our society changed how we relate to each other and the effects it has had on us. what the ? are you bringing up concentration camps for and asian american were never put in concentration camps more ? liberal myths that article is a summary of a detailed study.

my point is that all these liberal changes society has made come with down sides and increasing disrespect for women seem to be one of them.
  • BEAM
    Options
    WE ARE NOT TALKING about all the other ? you are bringing up as a straw man argument we are talking about men and women and how changes in our society changed how we relate to each other and the effects it has had on us. what the ? are you bringing up concentration camps for and asian american were never put in concentration camps more ? liberal myths that article is a summary of a detailed study.

? , lower yo gotdamn voice when you address me.
    You wouldn't dare do that ? in person, so don't stunt online. Internet thug ass ? .

And I'm not presenting a straw-man, at all. We were talking about civility, correct? You brought up kids shooting up schools today, I brought up a World War, concentration camps ( which did happen, Asian Americans will tell you so ) and workplace harassment from the "Good Ol' Days." I did what you did, but somehow I'm going off topic. Shutup, ? .

The article is one detailed study. I've read a dozen others that both corroborate with and go in diff directions than the article you posted.
  • zombie
    edited October 2014
    Options

The video is flawed due it's false premise :: That catcalling qualifies as harassment.
    But men catcalling, unprompted and unaware that they were on camera, being caught on camera is indeed "proof" of catcalling being socially engrained.

But who's hiring?
    Who's doing the behind the scenes work?
    Who's actually pushing our civilization?
    These supposedly unattractive males and females.

And of course using feminism as an agenda to establish superiority is an issue. No one has said otherwise. But what is also true, is that men are threatened by femmes having more social rights that require them ( men ) to have more tact and consideration.

And for the record, workplace harassment was more rampant fifty years ago too..

That video is not proof of a ? thing except that some men are rude.

and actually good looking ceo's are also prefered http://www.cnbc.com/id/101292577#.
    who is pushing our society??? healthy and good looking people, it's a well know fact that taller and strong looking leaders often win the election is obama was fat and ugly he just might have lost

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-news/7080729/Voters-prefer-attractive-politicians.html

Men are not developing more tact and consideration for women that is one of my points, in fact the reverse is true men are expressing more hate and disgust at women than we ever did in the past. just listen to the music from today and listen to the music from 40 years ago and through that cultural expression what i just said should be evident to you.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

LOL
    how would that even be proven ?
  • BEAM
    edited October 2014
    Options

Willful ignorance.

and actually good looking ceo's are also prefered http://www.cnbc.com/id/101292577#.
    who is pushing our society??? healthy and good looking people, it's a well know fact that taller and strong looking leaders often win the election is obama was fat and ugly he just might have lost

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-news/7080729/Voters-prefer-attractive-politicians.html

Preferred, sure; But with all the fat, pasty White men in charge, what we supposedly want doesn't seem to be what we're getting. Beyond that, the new business leaders are coming in all sorts of sizes, shades, and shapes. People are making waves for a variety of colorful, new reasons, and the people that enjoy these products and services certainly aren't getting hung up on whether or not the Founder has a Colgate smile.

Pretty people don't run ? , bruh, not really..

Men are not developing more tact and consideration for women that is one of my points, in fact the reverse is true men are expressing more hate and disgust at women than we ever did in the past. just listen to the music from today and listen to the music from 40 years ago and through that cultural expression what i just said should be evident to you.

Exactly, much of which is due to feminism, just and unjust.
  • zombie
    edited October 2014
    Options

? , lower yo gotdamn voice when you address me.
    You wouldn't dare do that ? in person, so don't stunt online. Internet thug ass ? .

And I'm not presenting a straw-man, at all. We were talking about civility, correct? You brought up kids shooting up schools today, I brought up a World War, concentration camps ( which did happen, Asian Americans will tell you so ) and workplace harassment from the "Good Ol' Days." I did what you did, but somehow I'm going off topic. Shutup, ? .

The article is one detailed study. I've read a dozen others that both corroborate with and go in diff directions than the article you posted.

WE ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT THE STRAW MAN ARGUMENTS THAT YOU BRING UP USING A WORLD WAR AS AN EXAMPLE IS ? STUPID WAR CANNOT IN A TRUE SENSE BE CIVIL even if the society fighting the war is even if they are themselves civil and fight the war in a civilized manner.The asian american claim that they were put in concentration camps is a ? over exaggeration.

If you have read others STUDIES tell me the name of them or post a link to the actually study.

yes there was more work place harassment, but still over all men had more respect for women and women had more respect for men. Are you from nyc?? because if you are i will say everything i say online to your face and i mean it
  • BEAM
    Options
    WE ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT THE STRAW MAN ARGUMENTS THAT YOU BRING UP USING A WORLD WAR AS AN EXAMPLE IS ? STUPID WAR CANNOT IN A TRUE SENSE BE CIVIL. even if the society fighting the war is the asian american claim that they were put in concentration camps is a ? over exaggeration. If you have read others tell me the name of them or post a link to the actually study.

yes there was more work place harassment but still over all men had more respect for women and women had more respect for men. Are you from nyc?? because if you are i will say everything i say online to your face and i mean it

In that case, we're not talking about kids shooting up schools either. If anything, I responded to your initial straw-man. But examples don't qualify as a straw-man. You're just upset because I'm not staying within the confines of your narrow point..

As I said, they respected women more because they played the role men prescribed for them, hence a more indomitable adherence to gender roles, and angry old ? today..

And nah, I'm not.
    I was ? with you tho, fam. Relax. I may go hard in these lil arguments, but this internet ? really isn't that serious..
  • zombie
    Options
    Trashboat wrote: »

LOL
    how would that even be proven ?

they compared the answers from the 1970's to the answers of men today and found that in many categories men said they were happier today
  • zombie
    Options

Willful ignorance.

Preferred, sure; But with all that fat, pasty White men in charge, what we supposedly want doesn't seem to be what we're getting. Beyond that, the new business leaders are coming in all sorts of sizes, shades, and shapes. People are making waves for a variety of colorful, new reasons, and the people that enjoy these products and services certainly aren't getting hung up on whether or not the Founder has a Colgate smile.

Pretty people don't run ? , bruh, not really..

Exactly, much of which is due to feminism, just and unjust.

if people are more likely to vote for good looking people then that means in a democratic society that pretty people run the government. what the ? are you talking about good looking people get the job over ugly people. that video proved not a ? thing it especially does not prove that cat calling is culturally engrained do you know what that means??? i don't think you do.
  • BEAM
    Options
    if people are more likely to vote for good looking people then that means in a democratic society that pretty people run the government.

But they don't, so...

what the ? are you talking about good looking people get the job over ugly people. that video proved not a ? thing it especially does not prove that cat calling is culturally engrained do you know what that means??? i don't think you do.

It depends on what job it is.

And yeah, the video did prove that catcalling is culturally engrained; And what's even more embedded, are the social entitlements I've brought up multiple times in this thread. Even ? that don't have the confidence to catcall will get ? at a femme for not entertaining a man's thirst and/or emotions, talmbout, "She didn't have to be a ? about it." When really, she's not a ? at all, ? are just mad, which this thread has shown us.

Go to sleep, bruh.
    This thread is dead.