Woman Films Herself Walking on the Streets of NYC for a Day. (Street Harassment Propaganda)

Options

Comments

• PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @BEAM = Nubian_Queen

LOL welcome back, you ol bipolar weird ass pseudo intellectual troll ass ? . LOL every time you "leave" and come back, you come back with another gimmick.

Why did you choose "nubian queen" as your new gaylias?
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BEAM wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    if people are more likely to vote for good looking people then that means in a democratic society that pretty people run the government.

But they don't, so...

what the ? are you talking about good looking people get the job over ugly people. that video proved not a ? thing it especially does not prove that cat calling is culturally engrained do you know what that means??? i don't think you do.

It depends on what job it is.

And yeah, the video did prove that catcalling is culturally engrained; And what's even more embedded, are the social entitlements I've brought up multiple times in this thread. Even ? that don't have the confidence to catcall will get ? at a femme for not entertaining a man's thirst and/or emotions, talmbout, "She didn't have to be a ? about it." When really, she's not a ? at all, ? are just mad, which this thread has shown us.

Go to sleep, bruh.
    This thread is dead.

I am no longer going to argue with you over the clear benefits that physically fit and good looking people have over the weak and ugly. You just don't want to admit i was right, i did not see any social entitlements in that video and anything you bring up i would like to see a study backing it up because your logic skill are poor are ? right now and the men of the i.c are not representative of the men of america.

I am an insomniac
  • BEAM
    BEAM Members Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @BEAM = Nubian_Queen

LOL welcome back, you ol bipolar weird ass pseudo intellectual troll ass ? . LOL every time you "leave" and come back, you come back with another gimmick.

I have absolutely nothing to do with those insane aliases.
    You seem to enjoy them tho..
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People are focusing too much on whether it is harassment or not. It's relentless, unwanted attention, and many women find it annoying, and that's enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vodd6C5ryUU
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • deadeye
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »
    Go after latina girls instead, they love "street harrasement"

Not all of them :-(

@manda‌
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @BEAM = Nubian_Queen

I have absolutely nothing to do with those insane aliases.
    You seem to enjoy them tho..
    http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/26257/r-i-p-beam/p1
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    This video is actually an interesting take on it... same ? but from 1998 and the chick confronts the guys when they say something...

http://www.snagfilms.com/films/title/war_zone

...most of the guys seem to ? up when the chick actually says something back to them which isn't really surprising to me at all but it's at least not edited so when the chick gets ethered (like when she tried to call out the ? guy at 14:00) they still leave it in.

also the fact that she lets the guys actually talk and at least gives them an opportunity to explain themselves points out another flaw in the recent video (aside from the quasi-racist editing) which is that essentially they're objectifying the men in it by using them as props to prove their point without giving them a chance to speak for themselves for better or for worse.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? can't even talk to these women anymore without this BS

? really want men to surpress our nature and be ? .
  • BEAM
    edited October 2014
    Options
    SneakDZA wrote: »
    .. also the fact that she lets the guys actually talk and at least gives them an opportunity to explain themselves points out another flaw in the recent video (aside from the quasi-racist editing) which is that essentially they're objectifying the men in it by using them as props to prove their point without giving them a chance to speak for themselves for better or for worse ..

Precisely why this vid is terrible.
    But we can only harp on that for so long. The action has been discussed ad nauseam, now let's all be critical thinkers and assess the reaction, from both men and women..

.. ? forbid men have opposing opinions to such matters or dont necessarily fully agree with them based on a particular incident , he is anti women ..

This, and what Bill Maher said, are very true. Pandering to a certain narrative in order to appease women for the sake of appeasement or popularity is indeed a tragic state that has long since befallen America; Emasculation indeed. But many men are attempting to rally behind this realization by tacking on ideologies that synonymize the liberty to be an entitled, emotional, selfish ? with civilized liberty..

Shizlansky wrote: »
    .. ? really want men to surpress our nature and be ? ..

Simply because an impulse is natural doesn't mean it's worth defending; And the only reason I'm saying this is because a lot of ? think that not being able to do and say whatever they want is unnatural, which is a selfishness / arrogance that only thousands of years of unchecked male-centric society could foster..
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all up arguing and ain't even brushed your teeth yet
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? loves arguing more than @blackrain

Hey @blackrain
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trashboat wrote: »
    You seriously think people are more civil today LOL political correctness itself is a sign of disrespect
    all sectors of society are rude and disrespectful today what world are you living in??? the point i was trying to make is that men have changed how we see women in some ways this had been good because both sexes have benefited and in some it has been bad. young males today have no respect for women at all and women are less happy

what is the cultural fallacy that you think the respect men of past had for women is built on.

Men respected women that behaved, that did as they wanted. That is the cultural fallacy. This is why men are so angry, and women so unhappy, because guys want women to be subservient and permissive, and attempting to be a free woman amongst patriarchal types is exhausting I'm sure.

And yes, people are most certainly more civil today, and less violent.

today men overall are actually happier than the men of 40 year ago

LOL
    how would that even be proven ?

they compared the answers from the 1970's to the answers of men today and found that in many categories men said they were happier today

That's an unreliable way to measure it
    so much room for error
  • zombie
    Options
    You seriously think people are more civil today LOL political correctness itself is a sign of disrespect
    all sectors of society are rude and disrespectful today what world are you living in??? the point i was trying to make is that men have changed how we see women in some ways this had been good because both sexes have benefited and in some it has been bad. young males today have no respect for women at all and women are less happy

what is the cultural fallacy that you think the respect men of past had for women is built on.

Men respected women that behaved, that did as they wanted. That is the cultural fallacy. This is why men are so angry, and women so unhappy, because guys want women to be subservient and permissive, and attempting to be a free woman amongst patriarchal types is exhausting I'm sure.

LOL

they compared the answers from the 1970's to the answers of men today and found that in many categories men said they were happier today

so much room for error

just look up the ? study and read it for yourself
  • LUClEN
    edited October 2014
    Options

LOL

so much room for error

That does not change the fact that subjective data can be unreliable
  • zombie
    edited October 2014
    Options

LOL

so much room for error

That does not change the fact that subjective data is unreliable

we are talking about happiness it's very nature is subjective and personal not everything is objective we are human beings and subjective feelings have to be taken into account sometimes and according to that study the happiness of men has increased and the happiness of women has decreased. I am not playing your lawyer games
  • BEAM
    Options
    I am no longer going to argue with you over the clear benefits that physically fit and good looking people have over the weak and ugly.

While being physically attractive ( though enormously subjective ) still has seemingly sizable perks, "weakness" is becoming relative and really only has importance as it pertains to manual labor, sports, and those calendars with pictures of dudes in them. I mean honestly, lol @ "weak and ugly;" you sound like a narcissistic elitist..

You just don't want to admit i was right

I have no issues admitting when I am wrong / others are right, it means I've learned something new. However in this instance, you are not right, you're stubborn. You have an antiquated belief system and simply aren't trying to entertain anything that threatens your comfortability.

i did not see any social entitlements in that video and anything you bring up i would like to see a study backing it up because your logic skill are poor are ? right now and the men of the i.c are not representative of the men of america.

You don't see it because you don't want to see it, which isn't a viable defense, frankly. You want studies, but nothing I present to you will change your mind, because you'll only counter it with a study of your own, as you've already done..
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this discussion is still goin' on?
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    goldenja wrote: »
    this discussion is still goin' on?

Was just bout to come up in here and say it has ran its course
  • LUClEN
    Options

LOL

so much room for error

we are talking about happiness it's very nature is subjective and personal not everything is objective we are human beings and subjective feelings have to be taken into account sometimes and according to that study the happiness of men has increased and the happiness of women has decreased. I am not playing your lawyer games

Brain scans would serve as a more detailed measure with greater accuracy
  • zombie
    Options

LOL

so much room for error

Brain scans would serve as a more detailed measure with greater accuracy

no it would not because brain scans would still have to be interpreted by someone and since we do not fully understand the brain their interpretation would still be somewhat subjective.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    y'all can stop now.
  • zombie
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I am no longer going to argue with you over the clear benefits that physically fit and good looking people have over the weak and ugly.

While being physically attractive ( though enormously subjective ) still has seemingly sizable perks, "weakness" is becoming relative and really only has importance as it pertains to manual labor, sports, and those calendars with pictures of dudes in them. I mean honestly, lol @ "weak and ugly;" you sound like a narcissistic elitist..

You just don't want to admit i was right

I have no issues admitting when I am wrong / others are right, it means I've learned something new. However in this instance, you are not right, you're stubborn. You have an antiquated belief system and simply aren't trying to entertain anything that threatens your comfortability.

i did not see any social entitlements in that video and anything you bring up i would like to see a study backing it up because your logic skill are poor are ? right now and the men of the i.c are not representative of the men of america.

You don't see it because you don't want to see it, which isn't a viable defense, frankly. You want studies, but nothing I present to you will change your mind, because you'll only counter it with a study of your own, as you've already done..

NAh, physical strength still allows men to excel in certain jobs that most women simply would not be as effective in
    and physical strength is part of being good looking, being fit. No belief system can properly be called antiquated if it's still in wide use and anyway i think you have mischaracterized me and my stance on male female relations.

I AM NOT as stubborn as you think if you actually gave me study that can lead more reality to your fantasy then i would re-think my position.until then you statement that "cat calling is engrained in america culture" is ? . i can give you actually studies that give more credence to my stance can you do the same???
  • deadeye
    Options
    Even if most of those individual incidents do not amount to harassment, the relentless attention, day in, day out, is bothersome to many women. Got it now?

Just because it's "bothersome" doesn't make it harassment.

Got it now?

You even said yourself that "most of those individual incidents do not amount to harassment"....so what's your point?