iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can't wait to see this ? . At the end of TD, Dom showed up to race the new white kid but he was probably really there to investigate the whole city. And he probably wasn't alone either. I wonder if the Yakuza get wrapped up in this again.

I hope they ? off Bow Wow's character off screen.
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    About to see it at 8pm. I read that there is no post credit scenes, and the 8th film will be in NYC.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I heard this movie was too long
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Na but I really do hope bow wow gets killed off in the worse most gruesome way. Throw Erica Mena in there too.
  • Anti_matter
    Anti_matter Members Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Options
    jee504 wrote: »
    texas409 wrote: »
    Speaking of Lucas Black why hasnt he been in any of the other movies

Because the most recent ones Han has been in them. And the last movie tied that up from Tokyo Drift. So this will be an official sequel to Tokyo Drift.
    This is the order that they go in.

The Fast and the Furious
    Better Luck Tommorow (Han Prequel)
    2 Fast 2 Furious
    Fast & Furious
    Fast Five
    Fast & Furious 6
    The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift
    Furious 7

• BangEm_Bart
    Options
    I'm the only negu that liked tokyo drift.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How many movies are they doing?
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jee504 wrote: »
    texas409 wrote: »
    Speaking of Lucas Black why hasnt he been in any of the other movies

Because the most recent ones Han has been in them. And the last movie tied that up from Tokyo Drift. So this will be an official sequel to Tokyo Drift.
    This is the order that they go in.

The Fast and the Furious
    Better Luck Tommorow (Han Prequel)
    2 Fast 2 Furious
    Fast & Furious
    Fast Five
    Fast & Furious 6
    The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift
    Furious 7

That was just an easter egg reference in regards to the guy who plays Han in that movie name is Han in Better Luck Tomorrow and directed by Justin Lin.
    There were two shorts though. Turbo-Charged Prelude before 2 Fast 2 Furious and Los Bandoleros leads up to Fast and Furious
  • Max.
    Options
    I can't wait to see this ? . At the end of TD, Dom showed up to race the new white kid but he was probably really there to investigate the whole city. And he probably wasn't alone either. I wonder if the Yakuza get wrapped up in this again.

I hope they ? off Bow Wow's character off screen.

Justin black has a cameo
  • Agrv2385
    Agrv2385 Members Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    really entertaining movie. some of the action is over the top of course but thats to be expected. i enjoyed it, nice tribute at the end. series should end with this film wont be the same without him. all thats left is dom, tej, roman, and letty, and roman and tejs jokes were already starting to wear thin in this one towards the end. i dont see how that cast can carry the franchise. they had an amazing run though.
  • black caesar
    Options
    Just came back from the movie. It was cool but wasn't as good as five and six. It didn't feel right without Justin Lin directing it.

I was hoping Lucas Black (Sean) would get more screen time.
  • Max.
    Options
    What was cameo like?
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Use spoilers please.
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Crazy how this ? blew up again after being dead on arrival with Tokyo Drift and all these other actors signing on that they had to re-write ? where Tokyo Drift was actually technically the sixth one in the series. Just SMH at the state of Hollywood.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rampage12 wrote: »
    Crazy how this ? blew up again after being dead on arrival with Tokyo Drift and all these other actors signing on that they had to re-write ? where Tokyo Drift was actually technically the sixth one in the series. Just SMH at the state of Hollywood.

Yea cause I didn't know they they rearranged the movie order. I never even watched the whole Tokyo Drift movie
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rampage12 wrote: »

I remember seeing bow wow in the trailer years ago and thinking "welp, this franchise is done" lol.

• BangEm_Bart
    Options
    It was aight. I'd give it a 6/10. They did a really good job editing Paul Walkers face over his brothers body. They even took scenes from other fast and furious movies where Walker spoke and you wouldn't even know. The ending was a little tear jerker dedication. They're obviously making more fast and furious movies but i don't think I'm gonna see anymore.
  • Agrv2385
    Agrv2385 Members Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just came back from the movie. It was cool but wasn't as good as five and six. It didn't feel right without Justin Lin directing it.

for what? he was horrible the entire film in tokyo drift, i was fine with him bein on for 5 mins. dont need him joining their crew hes lame as hell
  • Max.
    Options
    130 mill made they sayn
  • Max.
    Options
    When The Fast and the Furious, a mid-budget B movie about cars starring the injured quarterback from Varsity Blues and a man named Diesel, made $40 million in its June 2001 opening weekend, everyone associated with the film — from the stars to the Universal suits to the stunt drivers — had one thought: SEEEEEEEQUEL!!!!!

As a bonus, the film — which went on to gross over $144 million domestic, against a $38 million production budget — ended ambiguously, with Vin Diesel’s Dominic Toretto on the lam. Did he make it to the border? Did he reunite with Letty? What about the rest of the team? We would find out soon, right? That was the plan. A fall 2002 shoot. A June 2003 release date. Faster. Furiouser. Everyone makes tons of dough. Then it all fell apart.
    Diesel was first to exit the project. Depending on whom you ask, negotiations collapsed either after Universal balked at his $30 million asking price or when Diesel, with sequels to ? and Pitch Black already in the works, decided he’d had his fill of franchises. Later, in 2013, Diesel claimed he’d walked away from the sequel after the first film because “the script sucked.” Director Rob Cohen soon followed him out the door.
    The studio had actually commissioned two scripts for the new movie: one with Diesel’s character, and one without him. The Diesel-free script focused on Paul Walker’s Brian O’Conner, now stripped of his badge and racing cars for money in Miami. He would be joined be a childhood friend, Roman Pearce (Tyrese), and a familiar face from the first film, Edwin, the street racer portrayed by Ja Rule (real name Jeffrey Atkins).

Let’s now review Ja Rule’s one scene in The Fast and the Furious.

The location: a nighttime street race in downtown Los Angeles, off Alameda. Edwin, a race organizer named Hector,1 and O’Conner chat while waiting for Toretto
  • Max.
    Options
    Edwin was supposed to redeem himself with an expanded role in 2 Fast 2 Furious, and Rule entered talks with Universal to reprise the character. By that point, in the summer of 2002, he was the biggest rapper on the planet (non-Eminem division).2

But, as happened with Diesel, negotiations crumbled and Rule dropped out of the film. “Me and Vin talked after he turned it down,” Rule told MTV in September 2002. “He hollered at me ’cause they still wanted me to do the film and they bumped up my role as a starring role and everything. And you know, we talked about it. I just felt it wasn’t the best move for me as far as what I want to do in Hollywood right now. I’m really trying to do this acting thing very seriously. And you know, sometimes every move is not the right move.”

There had to be more to this story. I needed to hear it.

After weeks of discussion with Rule’s longtime manager, I set a tentative date and time for an interview. Rule never called, and his manager did not respond to further requests for comment or a statement. In the meantime, I also emailed John Singleton, director of 2 Fast 2 Furious, and one of the straightest shooters in the industry.

I wanted to know: What happened with Ja on 2 Fast 2 Furious?

“Ja got too big for himself. He turned it down. He turned down a half a million dollars,” Singleton said. “He got 15 grand to be in the first movie. He was really big at that time. I guess Murder Inc. was throwing out hits and were making money hand over foot. He was acting like he was too big to be in the sequel. He wouldn’t return calls. I went to the studio to go see him — that’s just my mantra, I deal with a lot of music people. He was kinda playing me to the side and I was like, ‘What? What is this ? ?’ This was all initiated by me. I then made a call. I called Ludacris. I said, ‘Hey, Luda, I haven’t met you before, but I like what you’re doing right now.’ Luda was all humble, excited to meet me. I said, ‘I’m doing this movie and I’m wondering if you want to be a part of it.’ He goes, ‘What? Yeah! Anything you do I want to be a part of.’ That’s how Ludacris got in 2 Fast 2 Furious, and the rest is history.”

Ja Rule became Ludacris. Edwin became Tej. The Fast and the Furious went from potential franchise to the 16th-highest-grossing franchise in history.3 Ludacris would go on to appear in Crash and Hustle & Flow — and three more Fast & Furious films.

“Ja Rule not doing 2 Fast 2 Furious changed Ludacris’s life,” Singleton said. “Years later I saw Ja Rule at the Source Awards and we joked about it. I took him under my arm and said, ‘Man, when I call you, you listen. I ain’t calling you for no ? .’ He said, ‘Yeah, man, I’m sorry about that.’ He apologized. I love Ja. I still think Ja has a lot of personality and can come back in a different way.
  • black caesar
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Agrv2385 wrote: »

for what? he was horrible the entire film in tokyo drift, i was fine with him bein on for 5 mins. dont need him joining their crew hes lame as hell

He's going to have a major part in part 8 and 9.

I liked Tokyo Drift. Justin Lin saved the franchise with that movie.
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options
    Agrv2385 wrote: »

He's going to have a major part in part 8 and 9.

I liked Tokyo Drift. Justin Kin saved the franchise with that movie.

Tokyo Drift was the most logical movie. These stunts in furious 7 were plain ? ? . It was like watching a croctopulus movie on sci fi.