Furious 7 (April 3, 2015)

Options

Comments

• Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Options
    It was alright. I only knew James Wan from the first 2 Saw movies. Didn't think he made the transition to the action genre all that smoothly. Nowhere as inventive as Justin Lin. It was entertaining; it just could've/should've been more. I'd rank it in the lower tier when it comes to the overall franchise. So my ranking list will look like this

Fast Five
    Fast & Furious 6
    The Fast & the Furious: Tokyo Drift
    Furious 7
    The Fast & The Furious
    2 Fast 2 Furious
    Fast and Furious

One thing I will say to those who critique the physics. You are aware that the laws of physics have never existed in this franchise right?
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Suspension of belief is essential to this franchise. What I respect more than anything is that the movie played by its own rules. They don't just let cars float in the air. When Dom jumped through those buildings, he made the first jump due to the explosion propelling him further while in the second jump, the car aimed considerably lower.

Point being, the car was light as ? , so much that Dom could pick the ? up with his bare hands lol. Either that or Dom, Hobbes, and Shaw are gotdamn metahumans.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    ]
    One thing I will say to those who critique the physics. You are aware that the laws of physics have never existed in this franchise right?

I'm pretty sure that at the very least there was realistic physics in the first 2, maybe 3, movies
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    except for mia. she don't really do ?
    lmao talk about woat character development. how come Gal Gadot does more in one movie than Mia has done throughout the entire series?
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    ]

I'm pretty sure that at the very least there was realistic physics in the first 2, maybe 3, movies

The first 2 are packed to the brim with many ? yous to the laws of physics. Which is ok because these are movies. They're not obligated to be limited by the rules of the real world.

• Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tbh I enjoyed this movie. For those saying that it was so unreal well technically so was the whole franchise because in reality damn near everybody would've been dead lol overall the flick was good. Hopefully the new terminator will be good or some what better than this film tho
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought it was dope how they kept teasing you with Paul Walker death
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    Smokey Tha Bandit Members Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    watched it last night, thought it was ok but the ending was kinda whack and confusing. whatever tho, still an impressive series IMO. only really whack ones was this one and tokyo drift.
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    watched it last night, thought it was ok but the ending was kinda whack and confusing. whatever tho, still an impressive series IMO. only really whack ones was this one and tokyo drift.

How was the ending confusing
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    I thought it was dope how they kept teasing you with Paul Walker death

Those were the scenes that seemed incomplete yet they put obvious emphasis on. Camera focused mad hard on him, the cast is staring at him from afar, yet he isnt saying anything. Cringeworthy.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    giphy.gif

u gotta post the back shot tho Lawd....
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I get that its supposed to be over the top, but this ? gets more and more ridiculous with every movie. Im always gonna be partial to the original (I saw it 7 times in theaters), but I prefer when it was just about cars and less about cgi dominated super hero action scenes. I swear the F&F crew could take the Avengers in a fight. I give it a 6 outta 10. It might grow on me like 6 did, but its still 1 and 5>>>.

The Rock must´ve had a busy schedule cause he was barely in the movie. Im surprised at how many scenes Paul was in considering how much left they had to shoot when he died.
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I get that its supposed to be over the top, but this ? gets more and more ridiculous with every movie. Im always gonna be partial to the original (I saw it 7 times in theaters), but I prefer when it was just about cars and less about cgi dominated super hero action scenes. I swear the F&F crew could take the Avengers in a fight. I give it a 6 outta 10. It might grow on me like 6 did, but its still 1 and 5>>>.

The Rock must´ve had a busy schedule cause he was barely in the movie. Im surprised at how many scenes Paul was in considering how much left they had to shoot when he died.

Paul's scenes were 80% done when he died

and lol at the F&F crew vs the avengers
  • Agrv2385
    Agrv2385 Members Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Paul's scenes were 80% done when he died

and lol at the F&F crew vs the avengers

its coming to that point though. i dont give a damn how reinforced your car is youre not surviving rolling down a mountain. or jumpin from a ramp into a helicopter into a concrete pillar. so im calling it now thor vs dom and capt america vs brian after the way he "went hand to hand" with tony jaa, who yall got? lol
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    By Fast Five they all became superheroes on the low
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    Options
    Tay Gettem wrote: »

how was it not? so we do a tribute for Paul Walker at the end but his character didnt die? so Brian O'Connor rode off into the sunset? left his wife and kid behind? I get they wanted to do some sort of tribute to him but it didnt make sense in the context of the story, thats what I mean by confusing.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

how was it not? so we do a tribute for Paul Walker at the end but his character didnt die? so Brian O'Connor rode off into the sunset? left his wife and kid behind? I get they wanted to do some sort of tribute to him but it didnt make sense in the context of the story, thats what I mean by confusing.

He retired from the life they were living in the movie mia said Brian told her he missed dodging bullets ..that's why she told him after it was all over to promise her he would leave that life alone to be there for the new baby

And I'm guessing when he and vin split at the end he was going back home to his family
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jee504 wrote: »
    Oc3mUg.gif

Lawd that girl look so fine in imax
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    Options

He retired from the life they were living in the movie mia said Brian told her he missed dodging bullets ..that's why she told him after it was all over to promise her he would leave that life alone to be there for the new baby

And I'm guessing when he and vin split at the end he was going back home to his family

I didnt really catch all of that or didnt remember it, makes a little more sense now that you explained it like that I guess. The way it was done was like he died in the movie but he didnt. Anyway, movie was still just so-so to me.
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    edited April 2015
    Options