Furious 7 (April 3, 2015)

Options

Comments

• Smokey Tha Bandit
    Smokey Tha Bandit Members Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Options
    So we're not going to talk about how Dom a street fighter could win a fight against a black ops operative?

this movie sort of felt like triple x 3. they was in different parts of the world every other scene, they driving cars out of planes, immediately know how to use the technology, the rock falling out of buildings on to cars with the weight of a woman on him and walks away with just a broken arm. He also had a cast that he broke out of by flexing really hard lol...
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So we're not going to talk about how Dom a street fighter could win a fight against a black ops operative?

this movie sort of felt like triple x 3. they was in different parts of the world every other scene, they driving cars out of planes, immediately know how to use the technology, the rock falling out of buildings on to cars with the weight of a woman on him and walks away with just a broken arm. He also had a cast that he broke out of by flexing really hard lol...

I'm still trying to figure out how they all ain't get there heads chopped off.
    An buried in the desert somewhere after driving a fckin car through 3 buildings. Like ?
    200_s.gif
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so were really arguing realism, suspension of disbelief in a movie like thid where you knew it would be ridiculous from the jump? nah, especially coming from folks that watch wrestling. ? your feelings. 9.5/10 and R.I.P Paul Walker
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so were really arguing realism, suspension of disbelief in a movie like thid where you knew it would be ridiculous from the jump? nah, especially coming from folks that watch wrestling. ? your feelings. 9.5/10 and R.I.P Paul Walker

Lol and cosign.
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just finished seeing. Fast five still the best to me

Dont understand how Dom got through all he did with no scratch but Rock fell out a window and ended up in the hospital
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Just because there was a lot of absurdity doesn't mean we didn't enjoy the film.

I wasn't analyzing every moment of the film while sitting in theater. (Except the Hulk-like ground stomp... That was a bit much). This is top 3 in the franchise for me.
  • ShencotheMC
    Options

Just because there was a lot of absurdity doesn't mean we didn't enjoy the film.

I wasn't analyzing every moment of the film while sitting in theater. (Except the Hulk-like ground stomp... That was a bit much). This is top 3 in the franchise for me.

I never said anything about if y'all enjoyed the movie, just the discussion about the absurdity in this movie is absurd in and of itself. If you didn't know ? would get highly unrealistic from the trailer where a dude in a supercar drove OUT of a building window, got RPG-propelled to another building,drove out that building window to another building, all to hop out right before there were no more buildings left then... I don't know what to tell you. I paid to see fast cars, bad broads, and Vin diesel. I left satisfied.
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    Options

we in here just talkin ? , shut up. and LOL @ 9.5, ? outta here.
  • ShencotheMC
    Options

Yup, you right. 9.4/10 for the Igloo Australia cameo. glad you made me remember that.
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    Options

Yup, you right. 9.4/10 for the Igloo Australia cameo. glad you made me remember that.

smh I forgot about that ? too... shout out to Hector tho. fat ese got knocked the ? out lol
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ya'll bullshittin. this ? was extremely realistic, I thought I was watching a documentary for 95% of the film. the credits rolled and I was like "oh ? ! this ain't real?! nah, ya'll bullshittin!!"
  • prime_time_willy
    prime_time_willy Members Posts: 948 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just saw it today. I was never into the franchise like that, only saw 3 out of the 7 but this one was good. I agree with the opinions on this thread that they went from elite drivers to all of a sudden having formidable powers like super heroes. I was reading this thread while the previews were going on lol

Have Vin always been cheese when in it came to sentimental scenes? That monotone voice was cringeworthy.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They gon be fighting aliens next
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well I'm convinced Hobbes was a metahuman. This ? fell from building, with a woman's weight ontop of him, flat onto a car and survived with nothing more than a broken arm.
    He busted up his ankle too..be fair

• prime_time_willy
    prime_time_willy Members Posts: 948 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Avengers are a team of super heroes though, not really an adequate comparison.
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    now they blaming diversity for this success.

now will this be the only reason or will we see a chance in Hollywood.
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Avengers will top that number.

• TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? made we talking ? about the movie for fun ha.
    Just cause we tlkin ? didn't mean we didn't enjoy it
  • sTaY_TrUe
    sTaY_TrUe Members Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? are clearly joking. Yes there were plenty moments where my girl and I looked at each other like "come on now" but we still take it for what it is. Just a damn action packed entertaining MOVIE. I enjoyed it, probably my 3 or 4 fav of the series.
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Avengers are a team of super heroes though, not really an adequate comparison.

Oh that's right... Super heroes are somehow more believable than 60 sec quarter mile races, granny shifting and explosions without collateral damage

My point is it's just an action movie no different than the gun with infinite bullets or Rambo blowing up a tower with a bow and arrow.. If you're expecting groundbreaking cinema then you bought the wrong ticket

Enjoy the ride for what it is..