Furious 7 (April 3, 2015)

Options

Comments

• lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tonya Jaa was that ? in his limited role. Kinda ridiculous how they had Brian hanging with him blow for blow. I'd ? that MMA ? too
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gina carano from ff6 vs Ronda rousey from ff7

Who's sexier and who's the worst actress?
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Ronda Rousey wasn't the slightest bit attractive in this movie.

I give this a 7.5/10
    Best characters: Dom, Hobbes, and Shaw. Jason Statham, Vin Diesel, and The Rock gave insane performances. Shaw is the type of villian that you can take as a real legitimate threat because he KEPT coming back again and again and all he really wants is to ? everybody.

Tyrese was pure comedy to a fault. He outshines Ludacris every scene they had together but his "ion know bout this guys" thing wears thin, as he doesn't prove to be much useful outside of being a last resort.

The action scenes were amazing. The fights were some of the best choreography I think I've ever seen. I was impressed by Captain America: The Winter Soldier but these fights were out of this world. As for the car scenes, I'll admit the last sequence got me fatigued, similar to Man of Steel's final fight sequence. But the car sky dive and the building jump was well done. For those complaining that it's too over the top, stop it. It's ? Fast and the Furious. You see what this movie has to go up against nowadays. My only gripe is that Dom and Shaw haddamn near superpower level durability. These ? cars were rolling around all film and they kept getting out without a scratch.

The plot was fine for me. The brother of the last movie's villian is taking revenge by targeting the crew, but he is an international fugitive so the US government enlists the crew to take him down. That's the long short of it.

Paul Walker's tribute was ok. I didn't get choked up like other people did but I guess I was too busy trying to pinpoint the CGI shots to get all 'feely'.

I need to see it again, but I can say that I at least enjoy this one as much as FF6.

RIP Han and not-Wonder Woman
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Went to 3 different movie theaters last night they were all sold out
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tough movie. I thought micheal jai white was supposed to be in it though.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Went to 3 different movie theaters last night they were all sold out

Gotta get online and buy tickets before you get there. I didn't go to the theater I planned on cause they sold out every viewing till 12:30AM. Luckily I found another AMC and literally bought tickets 2 minutes before the deadline.
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In the movies now bout to check it out
  • jee504
    Options
    So the theater I was in the screen wasn't working so they moved everybody into another spot plus they gave us re-admit passes. Using that on Avengers
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thats whats up
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And for the split second that they showed Bow Wow from Tokyo drift, the entire theater audience erupted in groans and boos.

That clip was from Toyko Drift. He wasn't officially in the movie.
  • black caesar
    Options
    When I went at 8pm Thursday night for the movie, there was only a total of eight of us in the theater.
  • Carthaginian
    Carthaginian Members Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nathalie Emanuel is six different kinds of hot. She was stunning in the movie. I'm too lazy to post up pics right now though.
  • black caesar
    Options
    I still laugh at this scene from Furious 6

http://youtu.be/dJpB3UvaRRE

But that's why we love the series because its over the top.
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KNiGHTS wrote: »
    They did some painful stills during the CGI'd Paul Walker moments. Dunno, I think I need to see it again. First watch last night and I feel like I just watched Sci Fi channel movie with all the hard cuts. Dom vs. Shaw on the roof was that ? even with all the superhuman strength.

But...

"The street always wins."

No. Just no.

Also Han's full name... Han Seoul-Oh.. Han Solo.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK NO.

Lol. Vin diesel and his mumbling gets old after a while. Lol

I kept waiting on him to say" I owe you a ten second car".

• jee504
    Options

I give this a 7.5/10
    Best characters: Dom, Hobbes, and Shaw. Jason Statham, Vin Diesel, and The Rock gave insane performances. Shaw is the type of villian that you can take as a real legitimate threat because he KEPT coming back again and again and all he really wants is to ? everybody.

Tyrese was pure comedy to a fault. He outshines Ludacris every scene they had together but his "ion know bout this guys" thing wears thin, as he doesn't prove to be much useful outside of being a last resort.

The action scenes were amazing. The fights were some of the best choreography I think I've ever seen. I was impressed by Captain America: The Winter Soldier but these fights were out of this world. As for the car scenes, I'll admit the last sequence got me fatigued, similar to Man of Steel's final fight sequence. But the car sky dive and the building jump was well done. For those complaining that it's too over the top, stop it. It's ? Fast and the Furious. You see what this movie has to go up against nowadays. My only gripe is that Dom and Shaw haddamn near superpower level durability. These ? cars were rolling around all film and they kept getting out without a scratch.

The plot was fine for me. The brother of the last movie's villian is taking revenge by targeting the crew, but he is an international fugitive so the US government enlists the crew to take him down. That's the long short of it.

Paul Walker's tribute was ok. I didn't get choked up like other people did but I guess I was too busy trying to pinpoint the CGI shots to get all 'feely'.

I need to see it again, but I can say that I at least enjoy this one as much as FF6.

This is exactly how I felt when I left just a lil while ago.
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Options

I give this a 7.5/10

If you watch 2 fast 2 furious, tyrese character was a good driver and he had an edge to him.

It seems now he's just kinda the joke now. If they do another one they need to ? off at least 2 characters and bring some new ones in. Because it's getting gimmicky now I think.

Descent movie though.

Lol. Dom got letty right out of graduation.

First movie was in 2001, letty was born in 83.

Smh @ vin diesel picking up letty from detention after school.

• MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jee504 wrote: »
    Freudian wrote: »
    Nathalie Emanuel is six different kinds of hot. She was stunning in the movie. I'm too lazy to post up pics right now though.

When she was on the beach though. Lord Jesus

273636B800000578-0-image-m-17_1427958893687.jpg

She bad
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Watched it opening night. I didn't have much expectations considering that major change they had to adjust to with Paul Walker passing away. But without getting too much into the movie I'd rate all 7 in order as such:

1. Fast & Furious 6 - (9/10)
    2. Fast Five - (8.5/10)
    3. The Fast and the Furious - (8/10)
    4. Fast & Furious - (7/10)
    4. Furious 7 - (7/10)
    6. The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift - (6.5/10)
    7. 2 Fast 2 Furious - (3/10)

Honestly this franchise like the Transformers one has it's own scale because you expect a certain level of cheesy dialogue and unrealistic action sequences. It's an entertaining vice that's enjoyable but isn't really taken seriously.

I fear Furious 7 lacks replay value due to a pretty weak story that mimics parts of the others and while Jason Statham was a decent enough villain it was just really random how he would engage fighting the crew.

Speaking of villains, Djimon Hounsou character was the definition of cliche and so was Kurt Russell nothing noteworthy or original about either of them.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i liked tokyo drift...

the main chick was too damn skinny..

other than the brazil movie...tokyo was my favorite
  • bigduece69
    bigduece69 Members Posts: 387 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought it was pretty good. The action scenes were over the top, but I felt like it was money well spent.
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tokyo Drift is underrated, better than half the other FF movies