Extremist gunmen ? 12 at Paris newspaper. Revenge for cartoon prophet satire. (video)

Options

Comments

• cannonspike1994
    cannonspike1994 Members Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    they should kidnap and enslave arabs instead.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    Now understand this the quran has peaceful verses but there is a doctrine called abrogation which erases these parts for more violent ones. This happened because at the birth of islam muhammad and his followers were weak militarily so he promoted peace as soon as that changed muhamand co-signed warfare. that happened after the move from mecca to medina.

kinda how the New testament completely wipes out all the horrible ? the Old testament had in it @zombie

christianity is not judaism the old testament rules are for the jews, if the OT was violent jesus made the NT PEACEFUL but muhammad in one life time went from peaceful to warlike when it would benefit him.

The OT is not wiped out all the rules and laws are enforced IF YOU ARE A JEW, BUT if you are a christian then you follow those same laws THE WAY CHRIST TOLD US TO FOLLOW THEM. In other words we have not abandoned any of the O.T christians were just ordered to express them the way christ did.

However In islam certain rules were to be literally abandoned and all this happened within the life time of muhammad. In other words what i am saying is that he flipped flopped with his own religious orders that were susposed to be coming from allah.

NOW HOW THE ? is a ? changing the rules HE GIVES TO THE SAME PEOPLE in one life time its would be like ? saying on monday i want you to pray to the west and then ? comes back on tuesday and says i want you to pray to the east.

muhammad just stole ? from jews and christians and created an ideology to help bring unity to the arabs and bring those savages out of the ? sand.

So the jews have to follow a separate doctrine then Christians from the same holy bible but they both end up in the same heaven?

at the bolded, Christians did the same exact thing from 'pagan' religions.

The only people going to heaven according to christian theology will be those who accept christ

As for the bolded yeah christians took things from the pagans as it relates to holidays and such but jesus never ordered them to do so. SO YES christians HAVE EASTER bunnies AND CHRISTMAS tress and all these holiday share pagan origins BUT CHRIST NEVER TOLD US TO CELEBRATE THEM IN THAT MANNER.
  • zombie
    edited January 2015
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    There are always repercussions for actions people like to play stupid and excuses blatant ? folk do. That cartoon ain't funny and the creators knew a certain type of folk were gonna take offense.... Now innocents are dead. Why slap a bear then cry poor me when someone gets mauled ?

THEN maybe it's time to ? the ? bear or expel it back into the ? forest.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn, amazing these guys are still free after all this time
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There are always repercussions for actions people like to play stupid and excuses blatant ? folk do. That cartoon ain't funny and the creators knew a certain type of folk were gonna take offense.... Now innocents are dead. Why slap a bear then cry poor me when someone gets mauled ?

So basically you are saying wiping Islam off the face of the Earth?
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

ISIS. Al-Queda. Boko Haram. Taliban. Etc.

Something happened that triggered these groups to murder innocents (of their own fellow country men and women and Westerners)

I think the solution would be found in how they came about
  • kingblaze84
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Rasta. wrote: »
    Religion is the most useless man made institution

I've been saying this for years, religion has caused more heartache, misery, and murders then almost anything else in history. Christians used the Bible to support slavery, and Muslims used the Koran to do the same historically. The Abrahamic religions are the worst, the world's worst conflicts revolve around the Abrahamic religions.
  • kingblaze84
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    Religion is never at fault. People are.

Abrahamic religions, ESPECIALLY Christianity, support terrorism, slavery and genocide. This is a fact, ask Christopher Columbus how much he loved the Bible.
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Now understand this the quran has peaceful verses but there is a doctrine called abrogation which erases these parts for more violent ones. This happened because at the birth of islam muhammad and his followers were weak militarily so he promoted peace as soon as that changed muhamand co-signed warfare. that happened after the move from mecca to medina.

kinda how the New testament completely wipes out all the horrible ? the Old testament had in it @zombie

christianity is not judaism the old testament rules are for the jews, if the OT was violent jesus made the NT PEACEFUL but muhammad in one life time went from peaceful to warlike when it would benefit him.

The OT is not wiped out all the rules and laws are enforced IF YOU ARE A JEW, BUT if you are a christian then you follow those same laws THE WAY CHRIST TOLD US TO FOLLOW THEM. In other words we have not abandoned any of the O.T christians were just ordered to express them the way christ did.

However In islam certain rules were to be literally abandoned and all this happened within the life time of muhammad. In other words what i am saying is that he flipped flopped with his own religious orders that were susposed to be coming from allah.

NOW HOW THE ? is a ? changing the rules HE GIVES TO THE SAME PEOPLE in one life time its would be like ? saying on monday i want you to pray to the west and then ? comes back on tuesday and says i want you to pray to the east.

muhammad just stole ? from jews and christians and created an ideology to help bring unity to the arabs and bring those savages out of the ? sand.

So the jews have to follow a separate doctrine then Christians from the same holy bible but they both end up in the same heaven?

The only people going to heaven according to christian theology will be those who accept christ

As for the bolded yeah christians took things from the pagans as it relates to holidays and such but jesus never ordered them to do so. SO YES christians HAVE EASTER bunnies AND CHRISTMAS tress and all these holiday share pagan origins BUT CHRIST NEVER TOLD US TO CELEBRATE THEM IN THAT MANNER.

Not only holidays, stories and themes and passages as well
  • cannonspike1994
    cannonspike1994 Members Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

i agree but islam is the worst.
  • zombie
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »

NO i support religion all religions but islam cannot exist peacefully within the cultures of certain nations islam should be in the islamic world and that's it
  • kingblaze84
    Options

i agree but islam is the worst.

Maybe but is it fair to say Christians historically have committed even more terrorism then Muslims or other religions?
  • Mr.LV
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »

NO i support religion all religions but islam cannot exist peacefully within the cultures of certain nations islam should be in the islamic world and that's it

Okay you feel that Islam can not fully function in western civilizations with free speech ,women driving cars etc
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If ure familiar with Islam origins than ur familiar w the house of war
  • zombie
    Options

Not only holidays, stories and themes and passages as well

It's still not the same because these things drifted into the religion organically the story of the Ot is the story of the creation of a nation from a nomadic people. My perspective is ? let them pick up what he wanted them to have from different people and made them drop what he did not want them to have from these same people this happened over generations

so the people we call jews are a mix of many different ancient and now mostly extinct people No one person just decided that certain stories should be part of the religion of judaism. Unlike islam which is a sole creation of that false prophet.
  • zombie
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »

Something happened that triggered these groups to murder innocents (of their own fellow country men and women and Westerners)

what triggered it was a return to undiluted islam if those groups were fighting just for islam then i would feel differently but all those groups are clear in that they are fighting to enforce islam especially boko haram and isis
    the corner stone of this whole ? is islam. They want a return to their cailphate system that they lost when the ottomans were defeated in ww1.

Their is no fixing this without violence because you cannot reason with religious beliefs that command violence people are either going to cut islam off or fight it there is no other solution.
  • Mr.LV
    Options
    Allegedly the 3 shooters have been identified
  • French-Bad-Boy
    French-Bad-Boy Members Posts: 285 ✭✭
    Options
    I'm french so I can tell you it's not about islam, it's just about islamism. It's was exactly the same thing when Mohamed Merah killed militaries and children in 2012. There are crazy people in every religions.
  • KLICHE
    KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »

I think these groups formed against the innocent people or governments in place in their own lands as word of mouth got around at how this person, and this person, were not following the Islamic teachings to the dot... so they decided upon themselves to teach them a lesson by way of death. It became the local group for those with nothing better to do, than stick their noses into other people's business and make sure they follow the rules of the Quran. Similarly to ? parenting in the west where you may see a teenager not follow the parents orders and ? around and what not, then you see maybe the dad go into a rage, hit, beat the child. These groups just took it to the next insane level.
  • KLICHE
    KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Better know whose toes you're stepping on is all I got to say

Agreed.

What did the cartoonists think was going to happen?? That the extremists would catch wind of it all, and just go:

Sassy_Black_Women_Oh_No_You_Didn't.jpg

They had to have known damn well these crazy extremist ? would go all out in a blaze.

I think we deserve freedom of speech globally.. just common sense needs to kick in for most and realize what world we're REALLY living in nowadays.
  • s-dot
    s-dot Members Posts: 164 ✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Provocation. And I'm not even against mohammed appearing in cartoon form at all. You want to make a statement intended to cause a real discussion about some issue in that religion? Fine. But don't do ? that's just plain egotistical. I read an article that said this publication put out something that joked about how muslim extremists kept stalling in their revenge against these journalists--that they'd do it a month later into the new year.

Couldn't believe that. The chief editor, or whoever was in charge of these cartoons, sorry they're dead, but you get less sympathy because that chest-out attitude. Unfortunate for all the other innocents who had no part of joking about islam.
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Some of the cartoons:
    "it's so hard to be loved by so many idiots"
    couverturecharlie.jpg
    "If the Muhammad were to return"
    Muhammad returns only to be beheaded by ISIS extremists
    image.jpg

Those cartoonists were intentionally ? with known lunatics so they shouldn't really be shocked, but at the same time... Killing people over a ? cartoon. Smfh what a bunch of babies.
  • Darth Sidious
    Darth Sidious Members Posts: 2,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lot of cowards up in this thread..

This is for all of the 'They shouldn't have poked the bear, they got what they had coming, saying what they did' types.

lib·er·ty

: the state or condition of people who are able to act and speak freely

: the power to do or choose what you want to

: a political right

Derived from the Latin word 'libertas' and french 'liberté'.

France has a long tradition of embodying the spirit of 'liberté'

Maybe you recognize this gift from the French to the US.

liberty.jpg

The editors and cartoonists of 'Charlie Hebdo' also had a tradition of saying and speaking whatever was on their mind targeting not only muslims but catholics, Persons in power, government and society.

They received so many death threats, the editor was under constants police protection BUT he was undaunted.

Stéphane "Charb" Charbonnier, (Killed) the editor of Charlie Hebdo and a great cartoonist in the French style. Two years ago, he said:

'It may seem pompous, but I'd rather die standing than live on my knees.'

Western democracy, ideals, values and culture inspire this kind of courage. They hate our freedom and our success.

The reason people are in the position they are in the world today is because some would prefer to live on their knees than die standing up.

Cowardly actions like this can blow out a candle but they can't blow out a fire. The Middle East ( and many parts of the world for that matter ) are stagnating under centuries of dogma and corruption and the chickens are coming home to roost and they are afraid and react with violence.

152343580.jpg?w=560&h=374&crop=1

• sully
    sully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KLICHE wrote: »
    Better know whose toes you're stepping on is all I got to say

Agreed.

What did the cartoonists think was going to happen?? That the extremists would catch wind of it all, and just go:

Sassy_Black_Women_Oh_No_You_Didn't.jpg

They had to have known damn well these crazy extremist ? would go all out in a blaze.

I think we deserve freedom of speech globally.. just common sense needs to kick in for most and realize what world we're REALLY living in nowadays.

Cosign. I have no sympathy for those cartoonists whatsoever. This is exactly what they intended. You'll hear all these whites claim "we have to stand up for our freedom of speech" or whatever. But here's the rub...white people in European countries and the U.S. are not the ones in threat. Not in any way, shape, or form. It's the minorities in these countries, especially Muslims and brown-skinned folk that are the ones that will FURTHER have their rights infringed upon and be harassed and abused.

France is the worst of these offenders. From their colonialist history in Algeria and elsewhere to their recent treatment of Muslims and anyone with an immigrant background within their own borders. The French get zero sympathy for me when ? like this happens to them because the French have done enough ? to deserve the blowback.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    meanwhile everyone is ignoring the NAACP bombing in Colorado