Extremist gunmen ? 12 at Paris newspaper. Revenge for cartoon prophet satire. (video)

Options

Comments

• BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    meanwhile everyone is ignoring the NAACP bombing in Colorado

Was gonna say earlier... Paris will be the news' excuse for completely ignoring that
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the religion of peace strikes again... Islamic State. Keyword: Islamic

they are not muslims

they are not a state

they are cowards

they will be defeated

peace

• Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    meanwhile everyone is ignoring the NAACP bombing in Colorado

SMH, i just saw Paris everywhere. I didn't even know about this.. Nobody died though.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who the ? decides they are not Muslims just because they do something most people don't like???

Since the days of Muhammad Muslims have been doing ? just like this. The Koran co signs this kind of murder WTF ARE you people in here talking about.
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    they hope that the nation will be divided so the french muslims will take their sides. they have tried it in CANADA yet it failed. they have tried it in AUSTRALIA yet it failed. they are trying in FRANCE it will failed. now they have all the real muslims against them ALL AROUND THE WOLRD.

calling acts of cowardness WW3 , calling them a STATE and ISLAMIc is giving too much credit to these mysoginistic, racist ( they dispise black people) ? .

Now they are fought and ejected in every corner in the world cause people are starting to understand that there is nothing islamic in what they are doing.

good night
  • zombie
    Options
    No one died in the naacp thing so it gets less attention.
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited January 2015
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    Who the ? decides they are not Muslims just because they do something most people don't like???

Since the days of Muhammad Muslims have been doing ? just like this. The Koran co signs this kind of murder WTF ARE you people in here talking about.

There has been great Muslim civilizations that contributed to human civilization and barbaric Christian incursions.. If you look at the time span, Christians have been doing ? up ? far longer than Muslims. For the most part, conflict has been based on tribal traditions with Religion thrown in. These are the same people fighting each other well before Islam and Christianity were at play. Seriously though, Christianity has torn the world asunder and enslaved and culled civilizations across oceans.
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Islam has always been an inherent violent religion
  • KLICHE
    KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lot of cowards up in this thread..

This is for all of the 'They shouldn't have poked the bear, they got what they had coming, saying what they did' types.

lib·er·ty

: the state or condition of people who are able to act and speak freely

: the power to do or choose what you want to

: a political right

Derived from the Latin word 'libertas' and french 'liberté'.

France has a long tradition of embodying the spirit of 'liberté'

Maybe you recognize this gift from the French to the US.

liberty.jpg

The editors and cartoonists of 'Charlie Hebdo' also had a tradition of saying and speaking whatever was on their mind targeting not only muslims but catholics, Persons in power, government and society.

They received so many death threats, the editor was under constants police protection BUT he was undaunted.

Stéphane "Charb" Charbonnier, (Killed) the editor of Charlie Hebdo and a great cartoonist in the French style. Two years ago, he said:

'It may seem pompous, but I'd rather die standing than live on my knees.'

Western democracy, ideals, values and culture inspire this kind of courage. They hate our freedom and our success.

The reason people are in the position they are in the world today is because some would prefer to live on their knees than die standing up.

Cowardly actions like this can blow out a candle but they can't blow out a fire. The Middle East ( and many parts of the world for that matter ) are stagnating under centuries of dogma and corruption and the chickens are coming home to roost and they are afraid and react with violence.

152343580.jpg?w=560&h=374&crop=1

Bruh, liberty and freedom of speech don't mean you use it to be a ? (i.e the cartoonists cartoons) and provoke maniacs. They knew damn well it was not going to go down well, but like the maniacs killing innocent people, they had to prove their own point.
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I really wish you idiots would stop throwing around Freedom of Speech. It is a rule placed in the United States Constitution and it is an agreement between US Citizens and the US Government. It has nothing at all to do with Paris, and nothing to do with Extremist freely exploding while your gleefully eat you freedom fries. If you wanna be brave and ? of Muslims, then expect them to do what ? off Muslims do. That is the chance you take when keeping it real goes wrong.
  • Darth Sidious
    Darth Sidious Members Posts: 2,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KLICHE wrote: »

Bruh, liberty and freedom of speech don't mean you use it to be a ? (i.e the cartoonists cartoons) and provoke maniacs. They knew damn well it was not going to go down well, but like the maniacs killing innocent people, they had to prove their own point.

I am afraid it does...you may not like a particular idea or statement but freedom of speech is covered in the definition of liberty.

Stéphane "Charb" Charbonnier, (Killed) the editor of Charlie Hebdo and a great cartoonist in the French style. Two years ago, he said:

failure to be courageous or stand up for what you believe in today..will only lead to chains tomorrow when the decide what else they don't want you to do or think..

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People plant "hate traps" all the time, those cartoons were obviously an attempt to fire up the French Muslim population.
    It's pretty obvious that te cartoonist and those that worked there have an agenda, France are also quite notorious for being xenophobic ("France for the French!!"), so this isn't really a surprise.

All that said, religion is a ? . I mean damn, believing the scribblings of a men who lived hundreds of years ago and whose statements are not falsifiable nor can they be replicated, and have no witnesses (or none reputable) to their "revealed truths" to the point where you willing to ? people is like the ultimate in brainwashing.

I don't care what your religion is if you get violently angry in behind some pictures or statements that disagree with you then you probably just too emotional to live in this world, because even if those cartoonists were trolling you the response was totally unnecessary.
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Born a Muslim. But im an athiest now.

Being that im from the mid east, i just wanna say I honestly cannot think of a solution for this ? . There is not 1 Islamic country that is run as a true democracy. They are all ? up. Im not gonna say that all Muslims are islamofacists. But i will say a large percentage of them are. I wish this were just 1 group of extremists and you fight them and destroy them but its not. A significant amount of any muslim countries population is full of ignorant uneducated muslims who will ? you for disrespecting the prophet. ? i really see no end. Btw its mostly these ? arabs. And even in non arab countries, its arabs there that are turning people into extremists.

Glad i dont live there man. Look at my opening sentence. Born muslim but im an athiest now. I can say that ? in the US with no fear but in the mid east thatll get me killed.
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KLICHE wrote: »

I am afraid it does...you may not like a particular idea or statement but freedom of speech is covered in the definition of liberty.

failure to be courageous or stand up for what you believe in today..will only lead to chains tomorrow when the decide what else they don't want you to do or think..

Ft

Bruh, freedom of speech protects the government from silencing a people. These cartoonists can write and say what the ? they want. The government didnt shoot them, ? off people did. Its not the same.
  • AZTG
    Options
    I will say though, the west shares the fault for this.

The root of all this is Saudia Arabia. Saudi has been corrupting Muslims for years now in an attempt to keep people ignorant so the royal family can stay in power and being that some of the holiest places are there, they always have influence all over the mid east.

This whole islamofacist philosophy grows out of Saudi and spreads. It is done consciously. Clerics get trained in Saudi and get sent out to other muslim countries to radicalize the population.

The west knowing this still keep friendly relations with Saudi. Its sickening. I gaurantee that the three people involved in the Paris shootings will get their radicilization traced back to some Saudi cleric, but France wont denounce Saudi.

I hope the US producing this much oil and driving oil prices down ? up saudi and the rest of the middle east. I hope they get wrecked and maybe something better will be built in its place.
  • sully
    sully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    People plant "hate traps" all the time, those cartoons were obviously an attempt to fire up the French Muslim population.
    It's pretty obvious that te cartoonist and those that worked there have an agenda, France are also quite notorious for being xenophobic ("France for the French!!"), so this isn't really a surprise. .

It's the same France that is currently screaming "freedom of expression" but has enacted laws to specifically stop Muslims from freely expressing themselves through their clothing. Same France that ruled over Algeria until 1962 and gave everyone status of either "French" or "Muslim", basically giving Muslim Algerians second-class citizen status in their own land.

Like I said earlier, the French get no sympathy from me.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Options
    AZTG wrote: »
    I will say though, the west shares the fault for this.

The root of all this is Saudia Arabia. Saudi has been corrupting Muslims for years now in an attempt to keep people ignorant so the royal family can stay in power and being that some of the holiest places are there, they always have influence all over the mid east.

This whole islamofacist philosophy grows out of Saudi and spreads. It is done consciously. Clerics get trained in Saudi and get sent out to other muslim countries to radicalize the population.

The west knowing this still keep friendly relations with Saudi. Its sickening. I gaurantee that the three people involved in the Paris shootings will get their radicilization traced back to some Saudi cleric, but France wont denounce Saudi.

I hope the US producing this much oil and driving oil prices down ? up saudi and the rest of the middle east. I hope they get wrecked and maybe something better will be built in its place.

From what I've been told, there are competing factions in the Royal Family.
  • AZTG
    Options
    The US should also hurry up and say ? Iraq, Turkey, Syria, and Iran and create Kurdistan already and help protect it. A majority muslim country who give women freedom and protect all religions. Itll be the example of a democratic muslim country in the mid east. Will be a huge step in the right directions.

There is a reason that only the Kurds are protecting christians and fighting ISIS in the mid east while the arabs are just dropping their guns and running. Its cause Kurds are the only ones opposing Islamists.
  • Darth Sidious
    Darth Sidious Members Posts: 2,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Unfortunately, It's not the US driving down prices but SA. They hold all the cards. It is a reaction to increased US production of oil and all non-opec members.

SA has said fine, you guys want to make a lot of oil, we will do the same, a LOT more. We have 750 billion in reserves and can ride this out for a long ride and can produce oil cheaper than the rest of the world. We will drive you out of business and make you squeal until you produce oil like we say you will :)

• AZTG
    Options

Unfortunately, It's not the US driving down prices but SA. They hold all the cards. It is a reaction to increased US production of oil and all non-opec members.

SA has said fine, you guys want to make a lot of oil, we will do the same, a LOT more. We have 750 billion in reserves and can ride this out for a long ride and can produce oil cheaper than the rest of the world. We will drive you out of business and make you squeal until you produce oil like we say you will :)

Right. End of the day it is a reaction to increased US oil production. US can either given or say ? yall we gonna keep producing. If the US keeps producing Arab countries based on oil will begin to crumble. I wasnt lying when I said populations were kept ignorant. They really have no sources of income other than oil. So you cut off their oil profits and they will fight eachother for whats left hopefully destroying the order in the mid east and creating a new order.
  • zombie
    edited January 2015
    Options
    FuriousOne wrote: »

There has been great Muslim civilizations that contributed to human civilization and barbaric Christian incursions.. If you look at the time span, Christians have been doing ? up ? far longer to Muslims and for the most part. For the most part, isn't been based on tribal traditions with Religion thrown in. These are the same people fighting each other well before Islam and Christianity were at play. Seriously though, Christianity has torn the world asunder and enslaved and culled civilizations across oceans.

? so the ? what, that's old ? news and it's not even ? TRUE news, the so called christian incursions into muslims lands were a response to muslims conquering what were previously christian lands. You don't know what the ? you are talking about

I don't care that christain And muslims are doing ? up things both groups are humans and humans do ? up things. THE MAJOR DIFFERENCE IS THAT WHEN MUSLIMS DO THESE THINGS ARE FOLLOWING THE DICTATES OF MUHAMMAD. When christians do these things they are doing exactly what christ told them NOT TO DO.
  • SnuffDaddy
    SnuffDaddy Members Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As usual, black people (i assume) & others make excuses for all of islam when they were part of slavery - and IS has a part on "how to handle slaves", but yet cats got brainwashed to believe these people "helped free slaves" like the goofs told yall back in the day? Or, have yall looked at NORTH africa and know the history? FOH.

They dont give a damn about black people either but for some reason black people think anything "anti white" is good. Like these idiots not gonna ? yall too for being black and/or anything but a muslim. I dont think many of yall have even visit their countries or lived in them either.

Yall some goofs. Ol "i wanna relate to people i see as victims" mufuckas. Yeah, it was bugged out for them to do it but it was also about 3-4 years ago and since then they've had multiple attacks on them - FROM MUSLIMS and them only!

I do somewhat have SOME/A LITTLE love for BLACK muslims at least, but arabs? Hell no. But alot of black muslims are so submissive to a religion thats practically about them & started by them so hence they fall in line with that much more than not.

Why i always laugh at these prison muslims or lame ass-paid off 5%, NOI etc. Foh.

The thing about it is, America is a christian/judaism dominated country so its a whole different outlook. Some of yall havent lived in Europe etc where alot of these psychos been living & doing ? like this for decades.
  • AZTG
    Options
    FuriousOne wrote: »

There has been great Muslim civilizations that contributed to human civilization and barbaric Christian incursions.. If you look at the time span, Christians have been doing ? up ? far longer to Muslims and for the most part. For the most part, isn't been based on tribal traditions with Religion thrown in. These are the same people fighting each other well before Islam and Christianity were at play. Seriously though, Christianity has torn the world asunder and enslaved and culled civilizations across oceans.

? so the ? what, that's old ? news and it's not even ? TRUE news, the so called christian incursions into muslims lands were a response to muslims conquering what were previously christian lands. You don't know what the ? you are talking about

I don't care that christain And muslims are doing ? up things both groups are humans and humans do ? up things. THE MAJOR DIFFERENCE IS THAT WHEN MUSLIMS DO THESE THINGS ARE FOLLOWING THE DICTATES OF MUHAMMAD. When christians do these things they are doing exactly what christ told them NOT TO DO.

Yo man. You are seriously wrong. Like real ? wrong. Im sure you can prove everything your saying. But im also sure all those things would be taken out of context. And the reason why you never put it in the right context is cause you never researched. You looked up only wanted you wanted to read, read it, and never researched further.

Now your gonna call me a ? idiot and all that but your still gonna be wrong.

The truth is actually far more sinister. The majority of islamists are people who do not know how to ready. I dont have numbers so im not gonna give you a concrete number but ill say from experience that 60% cant read, half the ones that could read, read at an elementary level.

So you get these Saudi clerics going to run down ass places, finding people who are poor aint got ? and cant read and brain wash them by telling them the words of muhammad and reading the koran out of context and interpret them how they want and since their followers cant really read they cant research on their own. True ? .
  • zombie
    Options
    Whenever someone criticises Islam, PEOPLE bring up christian history. just like little children " saying he did it too he did it to" but so the ? what you did it and are doing it now.
  • AZTG
    Options
    Islam needs to be destroyed and reformed. The Islam of today is a ? disease on humanity. There is no organized head of the religion like the Vatican for catholics, the only organized Islam is the radicals. Smh. And like i said, i really cannot find a solution cause a huge % of Arabs, too huge to be ignored, actually want and will ? for an Islamic State.

Thats what makes the situation in Syria so complex. Yea Assad killed about 300,000 people in 4 years. And yea its easy to get rid of him, but who do you put in his place when everyone who is fighting is an Islamist? Smh