Do you think black Christians are stupid

Options

Comments

• zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    Ta-Nehisi Coates said it best: converting the slaves to Christianity was a MISTAKE. It gave them hope and inspiration. Nat Turner literally did what he did because he learned to read and picked up the Old Testament.

I wonder why there weren't more Nat Turners though....

There were but he was just the most successful one
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol at voodoo is the reason for Haiti's problems...are all the churches the reason for Jamaica's problems?
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »
    lol at voodoo is the reason for Haiti's problems...are all the churches the reason for Jamaica's problems?

Jamaica has a huge crime problem from people I've spoken to, while Haiti has one of the lowest crime rates in the Caribbean. Jamaica also has a large murder problem.

Honduras and South Africa are mostly Christian and they have the biggest murder rates in the world. Mostly Christian South Africa also has one of the biggest ? per capita rates in the world.

I always chuckle to myself when people mention how Haiti has issues because of voodoo when I can name several mostly Christian nations with even bigger problems. Mind you, many Haitians are also Christian, so I'm not trying to make this a competition, but it is what it is.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Options
    http://www.eturbonews.com/32953/haiti-among-safest-destinations-americas

Haiti among safest destinations in the Americas?

PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - Haiti is one of the safest destinations; not just in the Caribbean, but throughout all the Americas. This is the general finding of recent studies on crime in the region which show that Haiti has the lowest rate of violent deaths in comparison to previous years.

In 2012 according to the UNODC, Haiti's violent death rate of 6.9 out of every hundred thousand Haitians is among the lowest rates in the Americas, and the same as Long Beach, California.
  • zzombie
    Options

The reason why any nation has problems are always varied.but there is a direct relationship between some of the historical problems Haiti has had and voodoo.

For example part of the reason why they had the papa doc dictatorship was because he used the people's belief in voodoo to mentally scare the people. I can tell you what Jamaica's problem is and it has nothing to do with religion and everything to do with drugs, corruption and incompetence.
  • zzombie
    Options
    Part of the reason people don't ? with Haitians is because of that voodoo ? and it's the same thing in Africa.

Traditional African religion comes in many forms some are better than others but voodoo ? that ? .
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Voodoo ain't bad at all, it's how you use it is the problem. Like gun issues, people are the reason people die. Voodoo is a sacred science and must be use righteously if not than grave consequences. Don't be booboo the fool thinking this is a game, but must be respected at the highest level.
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Black Christians no it was ours first we were Christians before the Europeans corrupted it, before the Catholic Church was a concept to be fractured, but Black Democrats on the other hand that is a whole different level of oxymoronic self defeatism...
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    Ta-Nehisi Coates said it best: converting the slaves to Christianity was a MISTAKE. It gave them hope and inspiration. Nat Turner literally did what he did because he learned to read and picked up the Old Testament.

So being in slavery wasn't enough to ? whites? Like damn stop giving the bible credit for basic human instinct
  • Olorun22
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    Part of the reason people don't ? with Haitians is because of that voodoo ? and it's the same thing in Africa.

Traditional African religion comes in many forms some are better than others but voodoo ? that ? .

I don't get mf if you know that Christianity isn't our traditional
    Religion Why would you believe in it?
  • Melqart
    Melqart Guests, Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I wouldn't say they're dumb. However a general respect for Animist beliefs, along with African culture as multifaceted as it is, should be mandatory.
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options

The reason why any nation has problems are always varied.but there is a direct relationship between some of the historical problems Haiti has had and voodoo.

For example part of the reason why they had the papa doc dictatorship was because he used the people's belief in voodoo to mentally scare the people. I can tell you what Jamaica's problem is and it has nothing to do with religion and everything to do with drugs, corruption and incompetence.

the Duvalier family is not the sole cause of Haiti's problems so your argument is weak....you sound like Pat "Macroni is for black people" Robertson
  • zzombie
    Options

the Duvalier family is not the sole cause of Haiti's problems so your argument is weak....you sound like Pat "Macroni is for black people" Robertson

The duvalier family is central to Haiti's problems in the modern era had that family not come to power Haiti would have at least been functioning on the Dominican republic level. There rise and fall set off a chain of events that has kept Haiti ? up.
  • zzombie
    Options
    En-Fuego22 wrote: »

I have studied many religions and I have come to the conclusion that the ? of Abraham is the true all sovereign ? . And the best way to know/worship this ? is by the theological principles and values found in the gospel and Torah.

There are several things I cannot ? with when it comes to African religions.
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options

The duvalier family is central to Haiti's problems in the modern era had that family not come to power Haiti would have at least been functioning on the Dominican republic level. There rise and fall set off a chain of events that has kept Haiti ? up.

i dont think haiti would be at dr level if the Duvalier family didnt come into power. I think if jean Claude never came into power haiti would be at dr level
  • Olorun22
    Options
    Black Christians no it was ours first we were Christians before the Europeans corrupted it, before the Catholic Church was a concept to be fractured, but Black Democrats on the other hand that is a whole different level of oxymoronic self defeatism...

It's a east African religion not west African or south African. You speak like the whole damn continent made it up.
  • Olorun22
    Options

I have studied many religions and I have come to the conclusion that the ? of Abraham is the true all sovereign ? . And the best way to know/worship this ? is by the theological principles and values found in the gospel and Torah.

Dr John Henrik Clarke Studied religious to and he doesn't believe in it
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Options

It's a east African religion not west African or south African. You speak like the whole damn continent made it up.

It's not even East African, it's Middle Eastern. It was bought over to East Africa and merged with the original religious ideology that it all came from in the first place.
  • zzombie
    Options

So ??? Scientists study the same data and often come to different conclusions based on the interpretation of the data
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

So ??? Scientists study the same data and often come to different conclusions based on the interpretation of the data

Can't be mad at that. Different vibes for different people. what we value is probably the difference in how we perceive ? or dont relate to an universal creator. If we think about it why do so many people go to other religions or expressed themselves differently because we are comm plex creatures and see the world through many different views.
  • Olorun22
    Options

So you're telling me that you have the same access to information that he did?
  • zzombie
    Options

So you're telling me that you have the same access to information that he did?

I'm telling you that I have acess to enough of the pertinent information he did to make a conclusion.
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

So the region of Africa is Still Africa, Not Sure what the objective is by compartmentalizing it when the 1st Christian Churches can be Traced to Africa even though Yeshua's start was In the Middle eastern Countries the manifestation of a Church from his teaching and Philosophies came about in Africa thus a full Circle for the Abrahamic beliefs to the origin of Mankind...
  • Olorun22
    Options

So the region of Africa is Still Africa, Not Sure what the objective is by compartmentalizing it when the 1st Christian Churches can be Traced to Africa even though Yeshua's start was In the Middle eastern Countries the manifestation of a Church from his teaching and Philosophies came about in Africa thus a full Circle for the Abrahamic beliefs to the origin of Mankind...

because people claim the we're Hebrew he in the west but we're not.
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options

AFrica is damn continent not a region smh