Straight Outta Compton (2015)

Options

Comments

• Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Great movie, people wanted it to be a documentary, but it was a film... And as a film it told a great great story.. You can nit pick and fact check all you want and it's still a great movie....

Cubes son really broke out.... Thee laughs were great, that bye Felicia scene was genius on so many levels
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    9/10

Already a classic, that actor was a characterization of the real tupac.

Dre ain't that tough.

Cube son looks like his pops so much(and ? foster).

Kdot at the end was random, but I got it.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DWO wrote: »
    Great movie, people wanted it to be a documentary, but it was a film... And as a film it told a great great story.. You can nit pick and fact check all you want and it's still a great movie....

Cubes son really broke out.... Thee laughs were great, that bye Felicia scene was genius on so many levels

That's great to hear. Not to many music biopics manage that. There's La Bamba, What's Love Got to Do With It, Ray, Why Do Fools Fall in Love and that's about it. I mean I love The Jacksons and The Temptations TV movies as much as the next guy but they're pretty cheesy films.
  • Broddie
    edited August 2015
    Options
    TheBossman wrote: »
    9/10

DIdn't they get the same guy John Singleton found for the role for his failed Pac biopic?

if so yeah that guy looks a lot like Pac.
  • Phantom Pain
    Phantom Pain Members Posts: 678 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dude looked nothing like Snoop, but sounded like him at points..

I burst out laughing when I saw Pac in the booth..

A ? almost got emotional when they did "? Tha Police"

..and that Wet & Wild party was goin down!!
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The guy that played snoop looks nothing like him.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    -I can't front, I was ready to be disappointed with the Pac scene. Quite the opposite. Whole ? was on point.
    -Cube's son can't actually act for ? , but that's cool.
    -Yella was funny as ? .
    -I'm anxious to see the director's cut when it's released on DVD. Or at the very least, the deleted scenes.
    -You can tell Dre and Snoop produced this ? . Not a single negative thing in the film about either.
  • illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • phukkyou2
    phukkyou2 Members Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They weren't THAT off but I hear u

snoop-stanfield.png
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I finally got to see it today and it was a damn good movie. Easy-E's death was sad as ? though. This was way better than the ? they put out with Notorious years ago. Suge was like the ? devil in the movie the way they portrayed him. 9/10
    Side note: I spotted a IG chick as an extra when they introduced Dre's wife. The chick standing next to Dre's wife at the pool is the IG chick.
  • Broddie
    Options
    Finally saw it myself since my homies picked me up with free AMC tickets earlier tonight and I didn't want to see Man from U.N.C.L.E.

Good movie. Don't think I'll ever see it again but glad that I got to see it. Hope this movie's success gets F. Gary Gray and Cube to finally get going on Last Friday once and for all.
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Some folks didnt seem to like it.

"How is supporting people who doubled-down on their violence towards black women in any way supporting black people, and this is the coonery we want to bring to and support as black business? I guess unless women and ? folk aren't part of the black community then its all good. Yet people want to say this helps the BLM movement which was founded by a ? black woman.
    I'm not sure how useful supporting black businesses would be if they don't support black women. Why should a woman go out of her way to support them if it's to her own detriment -- all the while proclaiming that it's good for the community somehow."
  • Broddie
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I don't blame black women for not supporting this movie though. Dre was a black woman beater & rapped many anti black women lyrics and Cube was a huge misogynist. A lot of Black people also feel NWA was a COINTELPRO scam used to further hoodwink the youths in the hoods across America. I'm not much about conspiracy theories but it's not far fetched to see why they would think that. So don't expect every black person you see to want to see or be into seeing this movie.

I was kinda ambivalent to it myself because a part of me has outgrown that music particularly the second album with ? like One Less ? and it's ilk like The Chronic in many ways. I'm more of an Amerikkka's Most and Death Certificate guy in my 30's. Granted with SOC and NIGGAZ4LIFE it's still very entertaining when they go really over the top with their rhymes but definitely not something I'm bumping everyday anymore like I did as a kid, teen or in my 20's.

It will always be the reflection of angry teens and young men in their early 20's. I'm well past that stage now that I'm 32. At the same time the nostalgia of seeing "NWA" again one more time superceded that for me. Not so much for other people especially those who never liked NWA in the first place.
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    thinking bout going see it again this weekend
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    9/10

Dre ain't that tough.

No the ? he wasn't. He looked like Pac, but that's it. They need to get Mike B Jordan for that Pac Movie.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    9/10

Dre ain't that tough.

? what?
    28ivjhy.jpg
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    9/10

Dre ain't that tough.

No the ? he wasn't. He looked like Pac, but that's it. They need to get Mike B Jordan for that Pac Movie.

rEAkhJw.gif
  • FishNChips
    FishNChips Members Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    9/10

Dre ain't that tough.

? what?
    28ivjhy.jpg

He's talking about the part at the end of the movie where Dre is hanging out with Kendrick in Compton and Kendrick is talking about the impact of NWA on him
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FishNChips wrote: »
    9/10

Dre ain't that tough.

? what?
    28ivjhy.jpg

He's talking about the part at the end of the movie where Dre is hanging out with Kendrick in Compton and Kendrick is talking about the impact of NWA on him

Smh.....
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    FishNChips wrote: »
    9/10

Dre ain't that tough.

? what?
    28ivjhy.jpg

Oh ok. Didn't he see the original trailer? That's were its from. They interview the game too.