Straight Outta Compton (2015)

Options

Comments

• Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    There is always that one non believer. Suge was the most feared dude in the industry the entire 90's.

He basically whopped everybody ass from Eazy, Daz, Badazz, Sam Sneed, Orlando... And that's just whats documented.

Lemme bring our the stories.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options
    And BTW what dude said about him running over dude in cold blood.

What u gotta understand is that Suge aint no dumb teen or 20's ? . He's a fully grown 50 year old man who knows better but still has zero regard for human life. He got kids bruh.

Suge been bout that life.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jay83 wrote: »
    http://www.cinemablend.com/new/NWA-Biopic-Trouble-Michael-B-Jordan-Exits-42819.html

"The NWA biopic Straight Outta Compton has run into a serious snag, and Fantastic Four is to blame. Michael B. Jordan, who set haters aflame when he was cast as Johnny "The Human Torch" Storm, was being eyed to play a young Dr. Dre in the drama about the trailblazing rap group. However, Fantastic Four's shooting schedule has made him unavailable. Now producers are scrambling to find a cast to play teen-to-twenty-something versions of Dr. Dre, Ice Cube and the late Eazy-E.

THR reports Jordan was a casting choice favored by Dr. Dre himself. He and Ice Cube are serving as producers on Straight Outta Compton, along with Eazy-E's widow, Tomica Wright. All three of these producers clearly have a vested interest in how NWA is presented in the film, and part of their powers include casting approval. But with Jordan out, there's no clear runner-up."

found this a while back. Michael B. Jordan was supposed to be dre. But that abomination fantastic 4 took up his scheduling time. lol

Interesting.

This is proof hat when it comes to biopics, usually no name actors are best
  • S2J
    Options
    smp4life wrote: »
    Just saw this tonight. My thoughts:

1. The movie was a bit self-serving to Cube and Dre who produced the movie.

2. Cube got WAAAAY more mic-time than Eazy and definitely Ren. Why do we need to hear Cube's verse on ? the police twice?

3. Eazy came off bad. They show him downgrading his house, and breaking up weed instead of him firing back with Real Muthafuckin G's. I dunno, history is written by the winners I guess.

4. The guy that they got to play Yella looked just like him.

5. It will be interesting to see Cube's son in another role.

? he died of AIDS while Cube and Dre catapulted to MAINSTREAM stardom. How the hell u expect them to finesse that??

They HAD to address the obvious 'eat ass face' angle to that. Thats literally what takes NWA story to the next level is Cube and Dre success afterward

Why we talkin bout NWA before Dwath Row, PE, etc. Its,because who Dre and Cube became. Period. That's honesty
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol @ FF cockblocking.
  • S2J
    Options
    The only nitpicking i would do is the Dre Day video is significant in the end of the NWA story and coulda been covered. That ? was huge

From a non-west coast perspective, fair or not a LOT of people's perception/introduction of Eazy was as he was played by AJ Jamal in that video. Chris Rock made a whole damn movie off that video lol
  • Stomp Johnson
    Stomp Johnson Members, Writer Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    The only nitpicking i would do is the Dre Day video is significant in the end of the NWA story and coulda been covered. That ? was huge

From a non-west coast perspective, fair or not a LOT of people's perception/introduction of Eazy was as he was played by AJ Jamal in that video. Chris Rock made a whole damn movie off that video lol

Nah.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Movie got ? having dre and cube in their top 5
  • phukkyou2
    phukkyou2 Members Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Suge is Freddy Krueger. He exist in your mind and not in real life. The only reason why some people are still running with the narrative that Suge USED TO BE as hard as nails is because some of them think he's thru.

Even though technically this is a case of self defense from armed gang members on a one way street who clearly had weapons because that too was caught on camera. Which is also what everybody else is ignoring.

The only testimonies we have on Suge are from a handful of Ex-Employees who were fresh off the street and new to the business (with the exclusion of the co-founder Dr. Dre) and his Ex-Wife who had a baby with his former co-founder [no disrespect to them]. Think about exactly it is that these sources are coming from. Because there's literally Thousands of other folks who would tell you tha opposite of Ol Boy.

Trauma is a real thing. Maybe Terry was acting suspicious that day and displayed behavior and said some things that didn't sound right. Or maybe Terry was in on something and didn't know Bone was going to take it that far, like shoot him or have him surrounded by Armed Bloods on a one way street. I've seen friends do shiesty ? to "friends" and everyone involved were good people. It's not unlikely that Suge walked into a setup

• phukkyou2
    edited September 2015
    Options
    "Don't Bite Tha Phunk"
    https://youtu.be/n-geriZfXj4
    Hutch needs to stop actin like everything was All Good between him, dre, and death row. It wasn't until the end of July 2015 that we finally saw him and Dre and the rest of them on the same page. I've been watching my Brotha for years diss the ? out them dudes (including way after Death Row disbanded) and now he's slandering my man.

I don't pretend to know everything or take every interview as gospel but I'm not silly either. My man just wants to eat but he don't really realize what he doin smh. Now all of a sudden Hutch is best friends with Dre and enemies with Suge. Lol, he spent most of his career dissin Dre
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dont see whats wrong w this
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dre been on my hiphop mt Rushmore

Ice Cube is arguably top 5
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    Tomicka Wright was given producer credits with Dre & Cube

Im sure if anyone knows Eazy got roughed up it would be her... So imma guess he was touched

Master P dont know. Tomicka does

That's what i was saying, everybody saying Dre and Cube tried to make E seem broke.
    But you had Ren, Yella and Tomicka helping with the storyline because they were still around E so they would know that side.
  • bscoop
    bscoop Members Posts: 478 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Movie was dope. Watched online last night. Question tho. Was there another movie made about NWA? Or at least Easy E. I remember a movie where Easy E death was in ir
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options
    bscoop wrote: »
    Movie was dope. Watched online last night. Question tho. Was there another movie made about NWA? Or at least Easy E. I remember a movie where Easy E death was in ir

Nah just documentaries
  • phukkyou2
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Huey_C wrote: »
    phukkyou2 wrote: »
    Suge is Freddy Krueger. He exist in your mind and not in real life. The only reason why some people are still running with the narrative that Suge USED TO BE as hard as nails is because some of them think he's thru.

Even though technically this is a case of self defense from armed gang members on a one way street who clearly had weapons because that too was caught on camera. Which is also what everybody else is ignoring.

The only testimonies we have on Suge are from a handful of Ex-Employees who were fresh off the street and new to the business (with the exclusion of the co-founder Dr. Dre) and his Ex-Wife who had a baby with his former co-founder [no disrespect to them]. Think about exactly it is that these sources are coming from. Because there's literally Thousands of other folks who would tell you tha opposite of Ol Boy.

Trauma is a real thing. Maybe Terry was acting suspicious that day and displayed behavior and said some things that didn't sound right. Or maybe Terry was in on something and didn't know Bone was going to take it that far, like shoot him or have him surrounded by Armed Bloods on a one way street. I've seen friends do shiesty ? to "friends" and everyone involved were good people. It's not unlikely that Suge walked into a setup

You must be Suge's ? son

Nah. But how that ? taste? Is it salty? I drink a lot of water so I hope not
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Options
    majority of said hoes can't even name one of his albums. Still don't see a problem with this?
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    majority of said hoes can't even name one of his albums. Still don't see a problem with this?

I don't care bout no birds....I'm asking what's the problem w Cube being top 5
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Options

I don't care bout no birds....I'm asking what's the problem w Cube being top 5

There isn't one
  • Alpha_Ambition
    Alpha_Ambition Members Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just saw it DAMN it was GOAT but I wish they would have shown dre day and real ? g's. I guess dre didnt want to remind everyone about that old album cover LMAO
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Don't let the "Barbershop" and "Are we there yet?" movies fool you. Cube went hard as ?
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=T84aFozWKA8

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r_zSt-qQfn4

Yup, one of the best at this gangsta ?
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo...this movie was better than expected.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just saw it yesterday. Way better than i thought it would be. These other biopics arent gonna come close to as good as this film was. Definitely purchasing this movie when it drops and is a must see for any fan of hip hop.