aye yall bmore posters rising up or ya aint bout it?

Options

Comments

• desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Ibex wrote: »
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    These people aren't outraged, they don't care about the injustice. It's just ? out there seeing an opportunity to get some free ? . I hope they ? burn all their own ? up. I know they not coming down to no white neighborhoods with that ? .

Some lets just say a lot of people take ? in riots cause they can.

IMO for some its also they feel that it is giving them some control of a life(their own) that they feel they don't have control of. They going in stores taking ? like ? it "yes I'm taking this ? what yall going to do about it?"

These people are controlled damn near everyday of their lives from the places they work to how the police treat them in their own neighborhood. People get tired of being told to move along when standing outside talking to a friend or family member when they not doing nothing wrong by a person doesn't even live there. A real person would feel like "who the ? are you to tell me to move along when I live here and you don't and the person who own the house I'm in front of didn't call you to tell me to move along."

If after all the abuses they suffer when they lash out damn right they going take ? cause it gives them a sense of power and control they normally don't feel they have in their life.

Just part of my opinion on some folks taking ? from stores.

I would disagree,I just see ? doing some ? ? . It's not a control issue. Police brutality or the the plite of black people are not in the forefront of thier thoughts. If they truly felt revolutionary and wanted to take a stand and seize some form of control they would riot against the controllers. You would go to the court houses, police stations, and gated white communities you're not allowed to visit, but no you see them destroy thier own neighborhood because thier to shook to go outside of it and would rather steal pampers, flat screens, and liquor for free while they can.

Another downside of riots. The violence is almost never aimed at the proper targets.

Police officerd and their vehicles were targeted

But yes it does appear as if rioters have the wrong aim

A big reason is because these riots are purposely contained in certain areas

Ppl get within a distance to actually do real damage downtown, the fiancial district, wealthier neighborhoods they getting shot on sight

These areas receive the most protection

Even the mayor of bmore has said "for those who seek to destroy, theyve been given a space to do so"

I also agree with @D. Morgan its an issue of control

Ppl are rebelling
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DNB1 wrote: »
    Can't cosign looting and burning down yo own neighbourhood...

I can cosign peaceful protests.

Got a ? running with TP with a big smile on her face...do better...look like a damn heathen...

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/04/nonviolence-as-compliance/391640/?utm_source=SFFB
    When nonviolence is preached as an attempt to evade the repercussions of political brutality, it betrays itself. When nonviolence begins halfway through the war with the aggressor calling time out, it exposes itself as a ruse. When nonviolence is preached by the representatives of the state, while the state doles out heaps of violence to its citizens, it reveals itself to be a con. And none of this can mean that rioting or violence is "correct" or "wise," any more than a forest fire can be "correct" or "wise." Wisdom isn't the point tonight. Disrespect is. In this case, disrespect for the hollow law and failed order that so regularly disrespects the rioters themselves.

What are you talking about? The violence that happened in the city impacted THEIR OWN COMMUNITY!!!! They didn't bring that ? to the city hall, the PD...new, they stepped outside their home and destroyed their own community.

How do you get justice for Freddie now?

So basically its "if cops don't stop killing our kind, we will destroy ourselves until they respect our lives!"

What kind of short sighted stupid ass ? is that??? West Bmore is ? up. Mcdowamin is ? up.

• yellowtapesport
    yellowtapesport Members Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    These people aren't outraged, they don't care about the injustice. It's just ? out there seeing an opportunity to get some free ? . I hope they ? burn all their own ? up. I know they not coming down to no white neighborhoods with that ? .

IMO for some its also they feel that it is giving them some control of a life(their own) that they feel they don't have control of. They going in stores taking ? like ? it "yes I'm taking this ? what yall going to do about it?"

These people are controlled damn near everyday of their lives from the places they work to how the police treat them in their own neighborhood. People get tired of being told to move along when standing outside talking to a friend or family member when they not doing nothing wrong by a person doesn't even live there. A real person would feel like "who the ? are you to tell me to move along when I live here and you don't and the person who own the house I'm in front of didn't call you to tell me to move along."

If after all the abuses they suffer when they lash out damn right they going take ? cause it gives them a sense of power and control they normally don't feel they have in their life.

I would disagree,I just see ? doing some ? ? . It's not a control issue. Police brutality or the the plite of black people are not in the forefront of thier thoughts. If they truly felt revolutionary and wanted to take a stand and seize some form of control they would riot against the controllers. You would go to the court houses, police stations, and gated white communities you're not allowed to visit, but no you see them destroy thier own neighborhood because thier to shook to go outside of it and would rather steal pampers, flat screens, and liquor for free while they can.

Another downside of riots. The violence is almost never aimed at the proper targets.

Ppl get within a distance to actually do real damage downtown, the fiancial district, wealthier neighborhoods they getting shot on sight

Even the mayor of bmore has said "for those who seek to destroy, theyve been given a space to do so"

Ppl are rebelling

This is true and you can even see how the police lines keep rioters in ONE AREA...which is also the HOOD

Pretty ? up
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    skpjr78 wrote: »
    700 wrote: »
    ? been asking since king

And they killed his ass, see what peace gets you...

11075035_820355651382217_3790650989249424877_n.jpg?oh=c53b52e17b9a53d12316483296a1455b&oe=55DF1CAA&__gda__=1436238866_90bbd2c4ce7b0fc1a96799c363791b47

They killed him because he was powerful
    They did those things to try and make him lash out
    So they could say his peaceful demeanor was just a fasod
    An when he continued to prove the white racist wrong
    By being intelligent plus civil and not a wild monkey like they want us to be
    They killed him...his way was working thats why they killed him
    Smh at the folks who thought his way wasn't working
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Ppl are rebelling

You see how emotional responses are so easily controlled? "Just set up a perimeter, let the kids run free here...just watch, maybe arrest some people but contain it, it will blow over soon" all the while the real symbols of oppression are virtually untouched.

Rioting in itself isn't revolutionary, it's reactionary. What happens next however...can be. It's all about what happens next.
  • Dr.Chemix
    Options

Ppl are rebelling

This is true and you can even see how the police lines keep rioters in ONE AREA...which is also the HOOD

Pretty ? up

? please. The cops didn't even show the night of the riot. The kids of Bmore met up round 230 and just went buck wild. ? was even happening Saturday night.

Don't try to pass that ? that blocks of kids and adults were "contained" in their neighborhood. Those ? chose to loot and pillage their own neighborhood!!

? is ? ridiculous.
  • God_Yunn
    God_Yunn Members Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall a trip...

"hey go to the courthouse and police station and try to burn it down" smh

First they would have to get through the line of police who are blocking them off from venturing in to the better neighborhoods then once they are there they will have to fight police while trying to tear ? down.

You know how quickly they were contained by Camden yards?

Need more power and direction... You have anger from the powerless but the blacks with the guidance and power to get things more organized to riot and destroy ? would rather be peaceful ,so between our own people we have a divide as you see in this very thread from @700 @VulcanRaven
  • Lurkristocrat
    Lurkristocrat Members Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So ya bmore posters reppin ths set or ya jus typin bunch a filler?
    700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All of y'all is saying they doing the wrong thing

So what's the right thing....I haven't seen not one poster Sat what they should do

All y'all sayin is they ain't got no direction and they stupid, but I've yet to see y'all with a solution

At least they doin something, it was a peaceful protest goin on at the same time as the riots

So what is y'all solution to this problem, the problem of ? getting killed by the police, how do you stop that

Please tell me, but you can't cause you don't ? know like the rest of us
  • Dr.Chemix
    Options
    Look at all these ? uncle Tom's in here

Yea because destroying your own people's environment, source of income, local businesses that employ blacks, pharmaceuticals stolen preventing those in need and who rely on its ease of location means you're not an Uncle Tom.
    Options
    Shut your ? up I'm pro black life.Only a ? neanderthal such as yourself would want to see a black community in a worse situation than what it is.I want to see good living,health and success.Yeah I am scared,scared of ignorant trash like you making things worse.I have seen blacks in this city suffer for years and most came from their own hand.People like you are a bigger threat than the racist and cops.No need to worry about a foreign threat when you cutting your own throat."Hey guys let's burn down our homes and places of work so we can live in a dumpster like 700" are you reading what you are saying?lol@ I'm done with you and what slice do your bummy ass have anyway?

I said the whole damn city, white black Mexican, all of it can go

Yea you can live good wit success, drive a Benz

Just to get pulled out and ? in yo back by crackas who don't give a ? what you do, or how good you live, or how polite of a ? you are

I say ? all that ? , ? need to have they own cities in this country, integration just ain't working, we helping them more than they helping us

Burn all that ? and start over

• yellowtapesport
    yellowtapesport Members Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

So what's the right thing....I haven't seen not one poster Sat what they should do

All y'all sayin is they ain't got no direction and they stupid, but I've yet to see y'all with a solution

At least they doin something, it was a peaceful protest goin on at the same time as the riots

So what is y'all solution to this problem, the problem of ? getting killed by the police, how do you stop that

This easy to say when you miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiles away from the ? .
    When this ? happening in your backyard and police in riot gear outside and ? burn down the store your cousin work at...It's a lil diff my nig
    Options
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »

Yea because destroying your own people's environment, source of income, local businesses that employ blacks, pharmaceuticals stolen preventing those in need and who rely on its ease of location means you're not an Uncle Tom.

So what do you suggest they do
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Options

They can't do anything that will make a change immediately but talk, protest, vote, boycott, etc etc.

Destroying property, robbing liquor stores, stealing toilet paper and looking like animals on TV (that's what they are going to be perceived as by the public) isnt going to help their cause.
  • Dr.Chemix
    Options
    That's the only downside of rioting. Once people have had their outburst it typically changes very little and what does change only changes for a short time.

Uhhhhh its a riot. What is an upside to rioting? Free items for a poor neighborhood that gets poorer? Quicker deaths and harsher treatment by the hands of government forces who police the neighborhoods. The closure of schools?

There are other ways besides rioting to promote and create change.

Chaos is not a prerequisite for order. These people are feeding the machine, not destroying it.

Sure there's an upside to rioting. Pressure busts pipes, those people have been dealing with brutality and other issues silently for years. Eventually it will erupt, this eruption is necessary sometimes to fully express the disenchantment of those people. From time to time a little rioting can be healthy, sometimes you have to show that you really do care, there is only so much tweeting you can do.

I would prefer a more intellectual revolution, not one that involves violence and property damage but It was only a matter of time. From Trayvon to Akai Gurley to Eric Garner to Walter Scott et al. Folks have allowed these things to cloud proper judgment, but they will be heard that much is for sure.

And ultimately that's the point, when you are being ignored in an argument you get louder, and louder and then you may start slamming your hands on the table and eventually turning the damn table over. After the outburst attention is squarely on you and you will be heard and then begin to deescalate.

So It will deescalate in a few hours, maybe days and normalcy will return. Baltimore will be just fine.

Smh naw bruh. There is no upside of rioting. Martin AND Malcolm didn't riot to get their point across. Malcolm didn't encourage looting of local neighborhoods to demand justice for blacks.

There are no upsides of rioting. LA riots proved this. What did that change? Blacks are still impoverished there. Investment still lacking and ? still get beat/killed by LA cops.

You got little kids in Bmore streets, you saying that's cool? Blacks without jobs because of businesses destroyed, that's cool? Old people that can't get their medicine, that's cool? Blocks and cars destroyed by fire, that's cool?

Smh, man damn...the foolish of worldly man is beyond my comprehension. Its upsetting, disheartening and just plain sad. The actions of evil are distracting from the matters at hand.
    Options
    Who gives a ? about ? cvs

That's all y'all talking bout is ? cvs

? CVS
    Options
    I bet it's a Walgreen right down the street

? just looking for a reason to talk down on ?

? shame
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's the only downside of rioting. Once people have had their outburst it typically changes very little and what does change only changes for a short time.

Uhhhhh its a riot. What is an upside to rioting? Free items for a poor neighborhood that gets poorer? Quicker deaths and harsher treatment by the hands of government forces who police the neighborhoods. The closure of schools?

There are other ways besides rioting to promote and create change.

Chaos is not a prerequisite for order. These people are feeding the machine, not destroying it.

Sure there's an upside to rioting. Pressure busts pipes, those people have been dealing with brutality and other issues silently for years. Eventually it will erupt, this eruption is necessary sometimes to fully express the disenchantment of those people. From time to time a little rioting can be healthy, sometimes you have to show that you really do care, there is only so much tweeting you can do.

I would prefer a more intellectual revolution, not one that involves violence and property damage but It was only a matter of time. From Trayvon to Akai Gurley to Eric Garner to Walter Scott et al. Folks have allowed these things to cloud proper judgment, but they will be heard that much is for sure.

And ultimately that's the point, when you are being ignored in an argument you get louder, and louder and then you may start slamming your hands on the table and eventually turning the damn table over. After the outburst attention is squarely on you and you will be heard and then begin to deescalate.

So It will deescalate in a few hours, maybe days and normalcy will return. Baltimore will be just fine.

Smh naw bruh. There is no upside of rioting. Martin AND Malcolm didn't riot to get their point across. Malcolm didn't encourage looting of local neighborhoods to demand justice for blacks.

There are no upsides of rioting. LA riots proved this. What did that change? Blacks are still impoverished there. Investment still lacking and ? still get beat/killed by LA cops.

You got little kids in Bmore streets, you saying that's cool? Blacks without jobs because of businesses destroyed, that's cool? Old people that can't get their medicine, that's cool? Blocks and cars destroyed by fire, that's cool?

Smh, man damn...the foolish of worldly man is beyond my comprehension. Its upsetting, disheartening and just plain sad. The actions of evil are distracting from the matters at hand.

Rioting is a pointless practice but it serves a useful purpose. As I already laid out.

As far as the bolded those are problems already. Healthcare, education and jobs have been an issue in every city within the U.S. for 30 some odd years.

Every rioter will have their own purpose for being out there but inequality is a major reason people are okay with destroying property, they don't own it so they don't care. Those businesses have insurance most likely so they won't lose that much either.

It's about the message of the riot. People are ? off about all the stuff going on, this was bound to happen. Perhaps something substantive will come from it...maybe not. We shall see.
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Who gives a ? about ? cvs

That's all y'all talking bout is ? cvs

? CVS

What about the senior citizen's development that was partly financed by a black church?
    What about the small businesses that won't come back anytime soon?
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Options
    SugaBuga wrote: »
    Which hood do ? own stores in????? And which stores employ the people from the neighborhood???

Exposing yourselves, if you've been to any hood, the foreigners own the bodega/cornerstore and they employ their own, same as the middle eastern gas station owners, ? don't own their community they just live there....when you go to get a loan from the bank, what's the color of the loan agent and or person that makes the decision??? Blacks don't "own" anything in this country and everything you think you own, was allowed by who?? But keep marching I know your legs are tired

The bold is the reason a to high majority of black people don't live in a "community". ? ain't nothing but a place where most eat, sleep, ? , ? and shower.

• Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

So what do you suggest they do

Not a damn thing. This ? don't even like when we in threads TALKING about racial issues. He's one of those status quo type ? .
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I see a lot of house ? all up and down this thread.

Shout out to @700 real field ?
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    deadeye wrote: »
    ss-150427-baltimore-protests-08.nbcnews-ux-1040-800.jpg

My new screensaver