aye yall bmore posters rising up or ya aint bout it?

Options

Comments

• TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I see a lot of house ? all up and down this thread.

Shout out to @700 real field ?

Nat turner was a real field ? to look what happen to him
    Anger and aggressionbis useless
    Without direction
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 + 5= 10

8 + 2= 10

6 + 4= 10

Point to me putting those basic ass addition problems up there is there is more than one way to solve a problem and come to the same answer.

Some of you can't see the trees for the forest and only see your mindset and nothing else thats a very narrow minded but similar view to the view people who are doing these injustices against us.

? all that field ? and house ? ? while it's funny we all soldiers of the same struggle we might speak in a different slang and have different ideas but we of the same struggle.
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options

I can actually see the two sides of the argument, and I don't really have a firm opinion on the merits of rioting vs. more peaceful forms of protest, but to say that anybody that doesn't agree with the most extreme views being expressed (700's) is a "house ? " is really not helpful to any kind of constructive discussion.
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options
    And this thing about "MLK was peacful, and yet they killed him too" overlooks the fact that King was killed almost 50 years ago.

A lot has happened since then. Today, leaving aside the most unrepentant racists, they would love someone who took King's approach.

Mind you, they love to sanitize MLK so that he is shorn of some of his more radical views, but at the very least they would love a sanitized King if he were alive today.
  • TayGettem
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »
    Tay Gettem wrote: »

Without direction

lol get this ? outta here. MLK Jr. had no anger and no aggression and plenty of direction but he ended up the same kind of dead. Come on bro

Didn't u read my post on mlk
    skpjr78 wrote: »
    700 wrote: »
    ? been asking since king

And they killed his ass, see what peace gets you...

11075035_820355651382217_3790650989249424877_n.jpg?oh=c53b52e17b9a53d12316483296a1455b&oe=55DF1CAA&__gda__=1436238866_90bbd2c4ce7b0fc1a96799c363791b47

They killed him because he was powerful
    They did those things to try and make him lash out
    So they could say his peaceful demeanor was just a fasod
    An when he continued to prove the white racist wrong
    By being intelligent plus civil and not a wild monkey like they want us to be
    They killed him...his way was working thats why they killed him
    Smh at the folks who thought his way wasn't working

Doesn't matter if its riots or peace marches nothing changes right away
    It takes time for change to happen
    But rioting in yo hood ? up yo ?
    Dont benifit u in anyway
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JusDre313 wrote: »

Without direction

lol get this ? outta here. MLK Jr. had no anger and no aggression and plenty of direction but he ended up the same kind of dead. Come on bro

bruh not even an hour ago, had to check 4 CAC at work talking about how the rioting is stupid. mind you I let their ridiculous uniformed comments go on for a while before I said anything. and one said they should mimic MLK.. I said the same thing " yeah MLK was non violent, but last time I checked they still killed him"

dude I asked them straight up since yall talking about the rioters and what they have done, should of done.. do any of yall even know WHY they are rioting.. out of 4 of these idiots not ONE of them can tell me why. there ? had no idea who Freddie Gray was. I said you probably shouldn't be discussing a topic and giving such stern opinions when you don't even know what your talking about.. its been quiet as ? in here since ....

It's a culture of apathy that they cling to. It's amazing what kind of bubble there is.
  • TayGettem
    Options
    An like I said before if we going to riot ? up police ? not your own ?
    But ? ain't listening
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    But ? ain't listening

name something black people own there....last time I checked you had to ask a (white) person to open a business...to get a loan for a business....you have to pay (taxes) to a (white) person....so again what do "we" "own"??
  • TayGettem
    Options
    SugaBuga wrote: »
    But ? ain't listening

name something black people own there....last time I checked you had to ask a (white) person to open a business...to get a loan for a business....you have to pay (taxes) to a (white) person....so again what do "we" "own"??

DO THEY LIVE THERE YES OR NO?
    half or most of them can't afford better
    So where they going to live after this is over same place they ? up
    Even if u don't own it why ? where u eat
    Go ? up a white neighborhood or the police station
    any place is better than the place u gotta wake up in the next day
  • ThaNubianGod
    ThaNubianGod Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rioting only validates what racists want. All these morons have done is OVERSHADOWED the actual issue, which is police abuse. Now people will focus on what black people are doing, instead of what the cops did. Anyone condoning this ? is a certified ? .
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SugaBuga wrote: »
    But ? ain't listening

DO THEY LIVE THERE YES OR NO?
    half or most of them can't afford better
    So where they going to live after this is over same place they ? up
    Even if u don't own it why ? where u eat
    Go ? up a white neighborhood or the police station
    any place is better than the place u gotta wake up in the next day

So you basically agree with me that we don't own it but live around it....half or most can't afford it....you ever wonder why?? Well when you figure it out the why...you will understand why try are acting the way they are....go look at that old pac interview about being shown a feast but being told there is no food...at first your singing your way in or trying to, after 3-4 times of being told no, you kicking the door in taking ? , you serve your master well though
  • TayGettem
    edited April 2015
    Options
    An smh at anybody doubting mlks way he dead because his way was working
    He was a intelligent civil black man
    Who preached peace and equality for ALL RACES not just black's and that's what racist whites fear the most
    Other races on the same equal footing as them
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    oh lordy. they done burnt up the CVS... ? not gone like dis here.
  • ThaNubianGod
    ThaNubianGod Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? _Yunn wrote: »
    Yall a trip...

"hey go to the courthouse and police station and try to burn it down" smh

First they would have to get through the line of police who are blocking them off from venturing in to the better neighborhoods then once they are there they will have to fight police while trying to tear ? down.

You know how quickly they were contained by Camden yards?

Need more power and direction... You have anger from the powerless but the blacks with the guidance and power to get things more organized to riot and destroy ? would rather be peaceful ,so between our own people we have a divide as you see in this very thread from @700 @VulcanRaven

This was similar to the riots in England a couple of years ago.
    People asked why they were destroying their own communities when the police response was initially lacklustre, but that was because the police were already set up in the areas they wanted to go to. I had a friend who was out that night, and they went to Selfridges/West End (similar to Times square) and to Knightsbridge/Kings Road (similar to the Upper East Side/5th avenue) and he said those areas were crawling with police. They couldn't touch the areas they wanted to.

Which is always the case. The cops don't care if the riotters burn down their own hoods, and love that the attention is off them. That's why the riotters are complete morons, this will only make those areas even worse off than before.
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    oh lordy. they done burnt up the CVS... ? not gone like dis here.
    You're the worst kind of troll. ? cosigning is just as dumb for cosigning this.

Yea, let the old folks who use the bus to get to the pharmacy in their local area now have to travel out of their way to get to another across town.

Yea, let's talk codenscending and never mind black folks who were employed there.

You ? are the worst. Claim to be about black power but ain't nothing but cockroaches of the pestilence. We got too many ? black people in the gene pool.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    And y'all wonder why they don't build ? in the hood except liquor stores

i can tell you really get your kicks from talking this ? …it's hilarious. I bet you got Black friends and you be smilin' all in their face.

You do realize some of my family is black right? Just bcuz one of my parents is mexican posters get n there feelings

We call that mixed hate...

This cracka got a cousin thats gettin dicked down by some mandingo warrior so now he feel he can speak on every Black issue.

Peep how he worded his sentence too, "some of my fam is Black", that doesn't mean that you Black ?

I'm not white u fuckn ape..ur the same guy who made athread about fuckn his cousin got exposed n claimed he was "trolling" with multiple accounts

• Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fake ass militants stay losing lol...all this marching ? is wack...

burning down ur hood be a intemet meme...cacs at home laughing at this stupid ?
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    deadeye wrote: »
    ss-150427-baltimore-protests-01.nbcnews-ux-1040-700.jpg

ss-150427-baltimore-protests-02.nbcnews-ux-1040-800.jpg

You ain't got much time in your clock so you may as well make a road with your blood, sweat, and tears for the new generation. You will get a monument And dozens of Mandas twerking on your birthday evert year until the end of time
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And y'all wonder why they don't build ? in the hood except liquor stores

i can tell you really get your kicks from talking this ? …it's hilarious. I bet you got Black friends and you be smilin' all in their face.

You do realize some of my family is black right? Just bcuz one of my parents is mexican posters get n there feelings

We call that mixed hate...

This cracka got a cousin thats gettin dicked down by some mandingo warrior so now he feel he can speak on every Black issue.

Peep how he worded his sentence too, "some of my fam is Black", that doesn't mean that you Black ?

I'm not white u fuckn ape..ur the same guy who made athread about fuckn his cousin got exposed n claimed he was "trolling" with multiple accounts

WTF?

Cracka I think you got me confused with somebody else
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »

Uhhhhh its a riot. What is an upside to rioting? Free items for a poor neighborhood that gets poorer? Quicker deaths and harsher treatment by the hands of government forces who police the neighborhoods. The closure of schools?

There are other ways besides rioting to promote and create change.

Chaos is not a prerequisite for order. These people are feeding the machine, not destroying it.

Sure there's an upside to rioting. Pressure busts pipes, those people have been dealing with brutality and other issues silently for years. Eventually it will erupt, this eruption is necessary sometimes to fully express the disenchantment of those people. From time to time a little rioting can be healthy, sometimes you have to show that you really do care, there is only so much tweeting you can do.

I would prefer a more intellectual revolution, not one that involves violence and property damage but It was only a matter of time. From Trayvon to Akai Gurley to Eric Garner to Walter Scott et al. Folks have allowed these things to cloud proper judgment, but they will be heard that much is for sure.

And ultimately that's the point, when you are being ignored in an argument you get louder, and louder and then you may start slamming your hands on the table and eventually turning the damn table over. After the outburst attention is squarely on you and you will be heard and then begin to deescalate.

So It will deescalate in a few hours, maybe days and normalcy will return. Baltimore will be just fine.
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    I understand both sides of this. I'm not mad at the folks rioting and tearing ? up sometimes you just got to let ? out. Its like people go to the gym everyday to let off their frustrations. These people doing the same ? just in a different way. Those store owners weren't reinvesting in that neighborhood. The money the people who lived there spent in those stores was used to better where the store owner lived not where he worked. The people who live there know it so they have no reason to feel like these stores should be spared from their rath.

They also need to see a bigger picture. Now that stores are destroyed ? it I'm sure most weren't black owned anyway. They will now have go outside of their neighborhood to buy everything which is an inconvience.

Some of yall need to realize that poor black neighborhoods are set up in areas of the city where any situation like this can quickly be contained to be kept in that poor area.

It would take for the whole city to erupt all at once for something like this to ever reach the white, tourist and business areas.

Uhhhhh its a riot. What is an upside to rioting? Free items for a poor neighborhood that gets poorer? Quicker deaths and harsher treatment by the hands of government forces who police the neighborhoods. The closure of schools?

There are other ways besides rioting to promote and create change.

Chaos is not a prerequisite for order. These people are feeding the machine, not destroying it.

Sure there's an upside to rioting. Pressure busts pipes, those people have been dealing with brutality and other issues silently for years. Eventually it will erupt, this eruption is necessary sometimes to fully express the disenchantment of those people. From time to time a little rioting can be healthy, sometimes you have to show that you really do care, there is only so much tweeting you can do.

I would prefer a more intellectual revolution, not one that involves violence and property damage but It was only a matter of time. From Trayvon to Akai Gurley to Eric Garner to Walter Scott et al. Folks have allowed these things to cloud proper judgment, but they will be heard that much is for sure.

And ultimately that's the point, when you are being ignored in an argument you get louder, and louder and then you may start slamming your hands on the table and eventually turning the damn table over. After the outburst attention is squarely on you and you will be heard and then begin to deescalate.

So It will deescalate in a few hours, maybe days and normalcy will return. Baltimore will be just fine.

Smh naw bruh. There is no upside of rioting. Martin AND Malcolm didn't riot to get their point across. Malcolm didn't encourage looting of local neighborhoods to demand justice for blacks.

There are no upsides of rioting. LA riots proved this. What did that change? Blacks are still impoverished there. Investment still lacking and ? still get beat/killed by LA cops.

You got little kids in Bmore streets, you saying that's cool? Blacks without jobs because of businesses destroyed, that's cool? Old people that can't get their medicine, that's cool? Blocks and cars destroyed by fire, that's cool?

Smh, man damn...the foolish of worldly man is beyond my comprehension. Its upsetting, disheartening and just plain sad. The actions of evil are distracting from the matters at hand.

Rioting is a pointless practice but it serves a useful purpose. As I already laid out.

As far as the bolded those are problems already. Healthcare, education and jobs have been an issue in every city within the U.S. for 30 some odd years.

Every rioter will have their own purpose for being out there but inequality is a major reason people are okay with destroying property, they don't own it so they don't care. Those businesses have insurance most likely so they won't lose that much either.

It's about the message of the riot. People are ? off about all the stuff going on, this was bound to happen. Perhaps something substantive will come from it...maybe not. We shall see.

i agree with these posts

how i feel is i aint with that he's a uncle tom or she's a ? name callin ? how does that help anything just cuz everyone dont think the same? and ? is misguided and should be aimed more at the right things. ion condone the petty looting and rioting, ? like stealing pampers or like stealing rims in ferguson, and i dont agree with burning a whole city down, that ? dumb as ? imo. but at the same time i understand the ? out of it. so much so on second thought i damn near find my self wanting to condone it lol. i hear it was people out there REALLY TRYNA be peaceful and they were provoked, at that point ? it. cuz i know if im tryna be cool and people keep provokin me, ? IT. its just like that lil tupac video thats goin around now. ? is fed up with the ? of the justice system and cacs tryna make excuses and saying lets all just get along. and me personally i aint for burning down cvs but muthafuck a cvs its prolly another one right down the street, aint no mo freddie gray, human lives>>buildings. im sick of people tryna make it that some damn buildings them people dont own are so much more important, how bout focusing on the reason them buildings burnt down. and im sick of cacs and ? talkin about listen to mlk and what about black on black. at the risk of sounding ignant and my bad if i do but, mlk had a dream that was great but for that he died. and the ? he was against still goin on now so cut it out. and when blacks ? blacks they way more likely to go to jail than theses ? ass pigs, so cut it out. they keep sayin rioting wont get us anywhere and the first thing i can think of is "sounds like the same place peace has gotten us". these people in baltimore are fed the ? up. would i suggest tearing up places u shop in and stealing just for the ? of it, nah. but seeing as this wouldnt happen if justice and racism wasnt wat it was, i have all the understanding in the world.

just my thoughts.