Official 2015 NBA OFFSEASON thread

Options

Comments

• MeTaL
    MeTaL Members Posts: 6,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We gotta whole alot of work to do this offseason.. We got pg's, wing scorers and center issues as of now.. Melo's rehabilitation is going good as expected.. he's way past his progress and he'll be ready for training camp.. So that's good so far..

We going to need a perfect offseason to get ? done.. Now for the draft..anything can happen.. and from what I seen..their are some sleepers in this draft.. The 4th pick may not be bad as people make it to be..

however in terms of being realistic..I think it is pretty clear that Phil has a short list of 3... I agree that it is extremely unlikely that Towns or Okafor fall past 2 and that the only likelihood for them to get one of the 3 is if Philly picks someone other than Russell...Like Emmanuel Mudiay or that European cat Porzingis or stein..

With that being said, I think there are a bunch of guys who could go at 4 like Justise Winslow... Assuming Russell is not there, I think Phil ultimately trades the pick... I don't know if it will be a trade down or a trade for a player, but I have a feeling the we will not be picking at 4 unless one of those 3 miraculously falls... but this is still a deep draft..so anything can happen..

• MeTaL
    Options
    Also.. Phil doesn't have an excellent track record drafting so I can understand the concern among us... But I don't think that means that we should just abandon the draft out of fear... Every player we've discussed for years was drafted at some point. Most of them being lottery picks.... There have been busts but there has also been cornerstones to franchises. It's a risk you take. But it's a risk in every move... Cleveland traded for Kevin Love and it's a chance they may lose him for nothing next year. being that they just lost, if Love bolts, keeping Wiggins would of probably look a lot smarter for them. In contrast, I'm quite sure Golden State is happy they didn't trade Klay for Love....
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As long as we get guys that know how to ? rebound and defend the paint. Another wing to help Melo with scoring and defense and a pg that can run the offense and take the ball out his hands. I doubt Towns and I don't really want Okafor that much.
  • MeTaL
    edited June 2015
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »
    As long as we get guys that know how to ? rebound and defend the paint. Another wing to help Melo with scoring and defense and a pg that can run the offense and take the ball out his hands. I doubt Towns and I don't really want Okafor that much.

Yea.. as for the FA's.. My hope is that we keep our 4 pick....get an immediate contributor....be it starter or 6th/7th man. Pick up a legitimate shooter/defender from the 2-3-4 slot....and hopefully get a big man that has athleticism and plays defense. I might actually take my chances getting a combo of Robin Lopez and maybe another guy that has some upside but is imperfect and inexpensive...I am not sold on Monroe by any chance.. Phil said he wanted to get players that played defense and of course they need to be able to score. Getting 2 way players is the most efficient use of our capspace be it through free agency or trades. .. cause let's face it.. LA and Gasol is not happening by any chance..

I just hope we don't tie up too many resources in average players this offseason that don't allow us a shot at picking up one of the premium players coming available in 2016...
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LA-Clippers-New-Logo-and-Uniforms-Leaked-2015-2016.jpg

Clippers new Logo, I'm not sure if they confirmed that those are the unis.
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I guess the new lookniaw to put the logo on top of the number instead of the team name/city. Eh
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A$AP_A$TON wrote: »

? look like summer league jerseys.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BDBIID wrote: »
    Black one look like a summer league jersey.

Oh ? lol
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    Options

Probably waiting to see if Mudiay falls to them before trading that pick.

I just need the sixers to do some dumb ? like draft Porzingas so hopefully Russell falls to us.
  • ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A$AP_A$TON wrote: »

? still ain't gon help these frauds win a championship, ? choke artist.
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pk_SGA3UaiQ

They tryn to distance themselves from Donald Sterling.

The shoulda changed the name and everything.

Not like they have any type of great history they would leave behind
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rockets need some new uniforms tired of these Asian inspired ? we rock now. Go back to ketchup and mustard uni's with a yellow "Clutch City" alternate.
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MeTaL wrote: »
    Also.. Phil doesn't have an excellent track record drafting so I can understand the concern among us... But I don't think that means that we should just abandon the draft out of fear... Every player we've discussed for years was drafted at some point. Most of them being lottery picks.... There have been busts but there has also been cornerstones to franchises. It's a risk you take. But it's a risk in every move... Cleveland traded for Kevin Love and it's a chance they may lose him for nothing next year. being that they just lost, if Love bolts, keeping Wiggins would of probably look a lot smarter for them. In contrast, I'm quite sure Golden State is happy they didn't trade Klay for Love....

kc johnson who covers the bulls mentioned how the warriors were interested in thibs last year and asked for permission to talk to him (bulls said no)

there is no doubt in my mind they would not have been as good as they were if they had hired him over kerr -- let alone winning the chip -- i saw more offensive adjustments from steve in this series then i saw 5 years from thibs who thinks every problem can be answered by just working harder

they dodged a couple bullets
  • King_MOEbra
    King_MOEbra Members Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    44Since88 wrote: »
    Rockets need some new uniforms tired of these Asian inspired ? we rock now. Go back to ketchup and mustard uni's with a yellow "Clutch City" alternate.

Still won't help y'all get past the Warriors.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As associate of veteran power forward Carlos ? said ? wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up with the Heat next season (almost assuredly at the minimum). ? , who spends a lot of time in Miami, can still play as a backup (11.8 points, 6.8 rebounds, 49.9 percent from the field for the Lakers), but signing him makes sense only if Josh McRoberts or (less likely) Udonis Haslem is dealt.
  • Beta
    Options
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Udonis gotta go
  • Beta
    Options
    Udonis gotta go

Can't get rid of that man and you know that. His shot is gone but him just getting boards as good as he does is enough at this stage. You need vets on the bench like that anyways to mentor, counsel, be the voice, etc

Honestly I'm more inclined to get rid of mcroberts at this point
  • KneeGro_DuperMan
    KneeGro_DuperMan Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah he gotta go. The little he had, he don't have that anymore. As of right now U-Don is a waste of space.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Udonis gotta go

Can't get rid of that man and you know that. His shot is gone but him just getting boards as good as he does is enough at this stage. You need vets on the bench like that anyways to mentor, counsel, be the voice, etc

Honestly I'm more inclined to get rid of mcroberts at this point

Why would you want to hold on to ancient relics. I know ? sucks but he's better than Haslem