Why Do White People Love Animals So Much?

Options

Comments

• Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I love animals of all kind, call me a hypocrite I do eat meat though, and I am against hunting to, just seems like a outdated way of having white people meetup for their ? meetings. Most animals show unconditional love, you can't teach that its innate. If I was to get my face burned in a fire, chances are a female I am with would leave me, or people who judge me and make fun out of my face or situation. If I had a dog it would still love me no matter what and be there by my side until the end. And animals don't talk at all compared to humans especially women and thats a plus to hahaha
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    why do blacc ppl love jordan sneakers so much?
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I didn't know the T/S new about paramore (rock band in OP) but I love my two pits, and my pet rattle snake
  • count  remy
    count remy Members Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's not that they love them, it's just something else that they feel they are superior to and they express the ? different ways. There's no ? reason to pet a damn lion unless you feel like you mastered it and want to punk it like it ain't bout to do ? . If it would bite one of their ? off, they'd want to put it down like it's an untrainable beast. These the same ? that go to Africa just to ? ? .
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Pretty much every other group of people on Earth loves animals more than white people. There was no need for conservation of animals in places like Africa and the Americas until whites showed up.
    to be fair, while white people brought the means to DECIMATE animals, people of all races have been ? with animals since time immemorial. wasn't white people wiping out megafauna in Australia.
    Stiff wrote: »
    People of other cultures have always historically had more reverence/love/admiration/appreciation for animals and nature in general than Western Europeans...
    honestly, this is probably oversimplified. some Europeans loved animals for real, some saw them as a commodity. some element of "all these other cultures" may be a bit of a 'noble savage' thing.

but again, to be fair, point granted that white people took wiping out some of these animals to a whole new level. adios, passenger pigeons!
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    Plutarch wrote: »
    I was thinking about this scenario. Honestly though. If I had to choose between some stranger's life or my dog's life, Unfortunately, I'd have to choose the stranger. My belief: human life > animal life.
    ? that. if i am going to save someone's life INSTEAD of my dog, that had better be one amazing ? person.
    Again, I'm not against hunting, but I can understand some of the outrage, even though some of that outrage is potentially hypocritical and/or disingenuous when the same people have no problem with fishing, killing bugs, etc.
    i suspect some of this has to do with a perception of ALL hunting as being some variation of killing animals just to ? them. and it's not.

side note: point in favor of zoos is the study of animals and keeping certain species alive. how much of either you need, you tell me.

• jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All I know is being a veterinarian in a predominantly white neighborhood has to be a damn good business.

• D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CracceR wrote: »
    why do blacc ppl love jordan sneakers so much?

Why u love mayonaise so much?while ya musty chick slurping on chocolate?
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Animals are cool and all but I don't love them
  • aneed123
    Options
    i regretted watching this one..............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoFPjVdI7aU

Dog bit the ? out dat baby... But he wasn't wrong the baby was grabbing his tail and was mushing his privates it was a reaction. The parent need her ass whooped
  • aneed123
    Options
    northside7 wrote: »
    Pico wrote: »
    @Plutarch the zoo im iffy on. It's good for our endangered species and learning but I really don't like the thought of having wild animals in a small enclosure.

@Pico Yeah, I guess that's true. It's good for endangered species and learning. It just seems so "unnatural" and abusive. I can't front. I loved the zoo as a kid, but it's different now that I"m an adult. Yeah, wild animals shouldn't be boxed up like that.

People be getting brolic at the zoo, knowing that the animals can't do ? . Like walking up on someone you know at his job and just ? with him, knowing he can't do ? or he'll get fired.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpBXna8qtDQ
    I forgot who it was, but it was probably Katt Williams who explained how ? up that ? was so well.

That video is some ? ? I would do lol. That lion would be all kinds of frustrated l

They mocking that lion. I wish he could travel thru dat glass like a halo portal. ? wouldn't be fun and games then.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    Yes it is hippocritical cute animals are looked at as more important. It drives me ? insane from an ecological perspective.

Cats serve no other purpose give pleasure to humans and they are an absolute ecological nightmare.

I ? hate people.

Cats eat rats, and snakes and other pests around homes. I haven't had a pest problem in years so your point about cats are invalid, and I don't even like cats

I think that's the point though, domesticated house cats if allowed to go feral once again are such effective hunters they would literally become apex predators and drive certain species extinct. As much as people hate rats and roaches they are literally natures janitors bruh, they clean up much of the waste that we don't even realize we leave behind, cats literally serve no purpose unless domesticated.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Also if you would save the life of an animal over the life of a human I believe you either need to be A. Shot or B. Quarantined in a psych ward with some form of mental psychosis. Remember what the Joker said in The Dark Knight 'We'll see how loyal some hungry pooches are.' Fact of the matter is those animals do not have souls or cognitive ability. The only reason why they have any benefit to human society is because HUMANS TRAINED THEM AND MADE THEM THAT WAY. Do you honestly believe a wild animal is going to have a moral dilemma about whether to ? or sacrifice a human or a fellow member of it's species, hell if it had a debate at all about anything other than it can eat both of them or take over it's territory for their own after one or both of them is gone? ? out of here you people are ? weird if you are animals >>> humans.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    Pretty much every other group of people on Earth loves animals more than white people. There was no need for conservation of animals in places like Africa and the Americas until whites showed up.
    to be fair, while white people brought the means to DECIMATE animals, people of all races have been ? with animals since time immemorial. wasn't white people wiping out megafauna in Australia.
    People of other cultures have always historically had more reverence/love/admiration/appreciation for animals and nature in general than Western Europeans...
    honestly, this is probably oversimplified. some Europeans loved animals for real, some saw them as a commodity. some element of "all these other cultures" may be a bit of a 'noble savage' thing.

but again, to be fair, point granted that white people took wiping out some of these animals to a whole new level. adios, passenger pigeons!

and heath hen, and stellar sea cows, and dodo, and carolina parakeet, and ivory billed woodpecker and almost buffalo,
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That's not true. Yes, people have come at odds with animals in the past. That's natural. It happens between lots of species not just humans. White people were the ones that came through various places and introduced practices that pretty much destroyed habitats.

Native Americans lived for centuries with the buffalo. Europeans came and purposely hunted them damn near to extinction.

Africans lived with elephants for centuries. Even at that point ivory was something that was prized and elephants were hunted for it. It wasn't until Europeans arrived that elephants began to be hunted to the point where they became endangered.

That's not even talking about the harmful practices like the extreme deforestation seen in the Amazon introduced primarily by Europeans.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Interesting discussion.

I saw a documentary on PBS on Sunday night. They were in a zoo/wildlife habitat for gorillas in Western Africa. One of the gorillas had a broken wrist since childhood. So they X-Ray'd the gorilla and decided to do an operation. There was also an elephant that had been shot in the ankle by a poacher. They had to remove the bullet from the elephant's ankle before the wound got worse, they said he could have gotten lead poisoning from the bullet.

So they drove the elephant and the gorilla (in separate trucks) to the veterinarian who was like 2 hours away. They operated on the animals. They eventually had to amputate the gorilla's arm because it wasn't healing properly. They also X-ray'd the elephant's ankle and tried to remove the bullet.

The point is that these animals were getting better healthcare than an ordinary human being in some places. They actually made a television show out of how they were "helping" all of these animals. I guess the message was supposed to be that these veterinarians are altruistic and they help animals but I didn't see it like that, I saw it like; there's all these problems in America and they're operating on a gorilla.

Having said that, I want to address a few points;

Animals within a species fight amongst each other. You can go on Youtube right now and look for documentaries about Lions. I've seen all of them. They have a social structure that's pretty amazing. A group of lions is called a Pride. A Pride is made up of female lions, all related; mothers, sisters, daughters, grandmothers, aunts and nieces. There's usually two (or sometimes 3 or 4) full grown male lions in the pride. They are brothers/cousins from another pride. They basically "take over" the pride from the previous male lions by fighting. After the lions take over the pride they ? all the cubs so the lionesses will mate with them and produce babies of their own. This is a calculated decision.

A takeover is good for the pride. The reason a takeover is good for the pride is because the previous male lions are the fathers of the youngest lionesses and can't breed with them because they are too close (just like a man can't have babies with his own daughter) in blood. So the lions fight over breeding rights and territory. As soon as the male lion cubs reach adolescence (when they start to grow a mane and reach sexual maturity) they are kicked out of the pride by their fathers (and mothers) and have to live as nomads. But the best case scenario is that two adolescent brothers will get kicked out of the pride at the same time. Those brother lions will live as nomads until their manes grow in full and they are able to take over a pride of their own. Most national parks in Africa have like 10-15 different prides, each pride has about a 5 mile radius of natural habitat that is owned by the lionesses. The male lions rule the pride until a takeover so the land actually belongs to the lionesses from one takeover to the next, to the next, to the next...

The point is that if you observe lions and their behavior, also how they interact with other carnivores like hyenas, leopards and cheetahs you can learn a lot. You can also apply how they interact/hunt with other animals and compare it to human behavior.

As far as zoos are concerned, after a lion gets defeated in a takeover he's basically left to die. He's usually too old to hunt and they develop arthritis. So in many cases (not all) after a lion loses his pride and is left to die they train him for the circus and then he lives out the rest of his days in a zoo, which is the best thing for him at that point.

As far as whites, they take things to unusual heights. Like breeding certain types of species like cats with no hair but I live in the projects and there's nuff black folk I see walking their dogs so I can't/won't say its a white thing.

But there does seem to be a correlation between European behavior and extinct and/or endangered animals.
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    I love animals too
    img-ribsbuffalowings.jpg

Remove the pork ribs. Everything else is good.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    It's hilarious how people REALLY believe that only white people like animals.

It's not that only white people like dogs, but that they tend to like animals more than other groups.

• black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options
    "Meester wrote:
    Maybe because they want to be animals.

So they want to be furries?
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you don't have a soft spot for animals you obviously never had a pet growing up. Grew up with dogs all my life and have stopped to feed a stray dog, picked one up after it got hit in the middle of the street and took it to the vet. Would I do it for a human? Probably not.
  • aneed123
    Options
    J-GUTTA wrote: »
    If you don't have a soft spot for animals you obviously never had a pet growing up. Grew up with dogs all my life and have stopped to feed a stray dog, picked one up after it got hit in the middle of the street and took it to the vet. Would I do it for a human? Probably not.

I had a dog growing up but ain't no way I'd help a hit dog before a hit human u trippin