Why Do White People Love Animals So Much?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jetlifebih wrote: »
    Yo why that white bih look dead asf in that bottom picture, standing up to the right

That from the Ukraine I believe when they were being starved by their govt. And started eating their own kids after the dogs ran out
    janklow wrote: »
    bgoat wrote: »
    White-on-white-crime.jpg
    wait why did this make the cut

They had a shootout in a resturant lots of people died and cops didn't bother to handcuff them and they sat texted and talked after having a wild west gun fight
  • bgoat
    bgoat Members Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    White-on-white-crime.jpg
    wait why did this make the cut

Just an example of their savagery, it fit right in with the other pics

http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/29/us/texas-biker-shootout-new-details/
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    I got love for animals except cats. I ? hate cats, and I hate that people love em so much.
    the key to cats is to get feral cats. they have actual appreciation for ? you do for them, unlike your typical pet cat.

Yeah....you're asking to get messed up
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I love my 2 pits more than I do a lot of people I know. My dogs are my family and I will have real beef with a person over my dogs.
    giphy.gif
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    They had a shootout in a resturant lots of people died and cops didn't bother to handcuff them and they sat texted and talked after having a wild west gun fight
    note that i am familiar with the incident in question and considering the likelihood of shadiness in attributing the deaths, it's just a poor example

• janklow
    Options
    lynching != that shooting. plus:
    While nine people were killed and around 20 wounded during the melee that day, there is good reason to believe at least four of the dead were killed by police fire. Everyone, whether or not there appears to be direct evidence of them being part of any killing or injuring, were indicted under the same charge of engaging in organized criminal activity, more or less just for being bikers and for being there when all the violence happened.
    plus:
    Some interesting points about CNN's coverage for people following this story:

• The footage does not in any way shed light on the big remaining mystery of who killed who and why...

• ...and CNN itself is completely incurious about that; they cared enough about this May event to obtain and air this video, but at least in this clip (I cannot be sure CNN hasn't aired other followups, but this is the main segment I found on their site) they don't even let their viewers know there is any controversy or question about the police's behavior that day when it came to the shooting and killing.

• But the video does make it pretty clear that likely many/most of the 177 arrested that day were guilty of nothing other than being around when bad ? happened...

• ...and makes it clear that CNN wants you to agree with the police that there is something inherently untoward and sinister about a bunch of Texas bike club members having weapons on them, regardless if they were illegally owned or obtained or used.
  • janklow
    Options
    Yeah....you're asking to get messed up
    feral cats = decent cats

• LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Plutarch wrote: »
    I'm starting to think that it partially stems from a paternalistic or superiority complex, but I really don't get it at all. I honestly find it bizarre at times, and it's led to some rather unpleasant experiences with my Caucasian brethren. And I'm not just talking about the arguments about Mike Vick or Gerald McClellan. There's also the ? who look down on you for not being vegan or vegetarian.

It's not all Caucasians dude, it's generally a western thing. In the east, they don't really have the same views of pets. A lot of my fam is Polish /slav and they treat dogs much worse than my Canadianized family and friends. Dogs can't be inside during the day typically (sometimes not at all), they think sleeping with them is the grossest ? (they don't even let em go on furniture), they have far fewer reservations about hitting or killing them. Veganism is also a nonissue there from what Ive seen.

As for the cutest kitten being less valuable than the worst human that sounds crazy. If there was only enough water to save the cat or the human from fatal dehydration Would you really give it to a man whose killed and enslaved Nations over an animal that can be used for food, companionship, or even clothing / fur? Sounds like a poor absolute argument to make if you consider utility and the fact that many people are terrible compared to the average animal

• Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LUClEN wrote: »
    It's not all Caucasians dude, it's generally a western thing. In the east, they don't really have the same views of pets. A lot of my fam is Polish /slav and they treat dogs much worse than my Canadianized family and friends. Dogs can't be inside during the day typically (sometimes not at all), they think sleeping with them is the grossest ? (they don't even let em go on furniture), they have far fewer reservations about hitting or killing them. Veganism is also a nonissue there from what Ive seen.

Yeah, you're right, but don't most Caucasians (besides Eastern Europeans, or does Eastern Europe count as the global West?) live in the West? But yeah, what you said makes sense.
    As for the cutest kitten being less valuable than the worst human that sounds crazy. If there was only enough water to save the cat or the human from fatal dehydration Would you really give it to a man whose killed and enslaved Nations over an animal that can be used for food, companionship, or even clothing / fur? Sounds like a poor absolute argument to make if you consider utility and the fact that many people are terrible compared to the average animal

Look, I think that I get you and others who share your opinion. I understand your perspective. Why give some of your last remaining water to a ? ? dying of thirst rather than a dog or cat. It would make sense to give it to the dog or cat.

But to put it simple: I value human life over the lives of dogs and cats. I don't hate dogs and cats, and I think that their lives should be respected as well, and I consider myself a misanthrope: I generally hate people (I hate the actions of people not people themselves), and I am well aware of how terrible they can be and usually are.

But it all comes down to my belief in the value of human life. For the same reason, I would be against the death penalty of a convicted ? . I also believe in forgiveness and mercy, regardless of how unpopular those principles have been throughout history.

As far as utility, in your proposed situation, I think that a man, regardless of his actions, could be as useful, if not more useful, than a dog or cat. And if it were a woman instead, well, you know.
  • bgoat
    bgoat Members Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lynching != that shooting. plus:
    While nine people were killed and around 20 wounded during the melee that day, there is good reason to believe at least four of the dead were killed by police fire. Everyone, whether or not there appears to be direct evidence of them being part of any killing or injuring, were indicted under the same charge of engaging in organized criminal activity, more or less just for being bikers and for being there when all the violence happened.
    plus:
    Some interesting points about CNN's coverage for people following this story:

• The footage does not in any way shed light on the big remaining mystery of who killed who and why...

• ...and CNN itself is completely incurious about that; they cared enough about this May event to obtain and air this video, but at least in this clip (I cannot be sure CNN hasn't aired other followups, but this is the main segment I found on their site) they don't even let their viewers know there is any controversy or question about the police's behavior that day when it came to the shooting and killing.

• But the video does make it pretty clear that likely many/most of the 177 arrested that day were guilty of nothing other than being around when bad ? happened...

• ...and makes it clear that CNN wants you to agree with the police that there is something inherently untoward and sinister about a bunch of Texas bike club members having weapons on them, regardless if they were illegally owned or obtained or used.

Bruh, I was just showing examples of white savagery, the photo of the bikers shot out, that was white savagery. Nothing more, nothing less. I know all about the case.

Every last one of those crackers should be locked up just like they do with black gangs with that all in ? they do. They been doing it recently too.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yeah, you're right, but don't most Caucasians (besides Eastern Europeans, or does Eastern Europe count as the global West?) live in the West? But yeah, what you said makes sense.

I guess it would depend how you split it. I've heard some people use the West to refer mostly to more affluent countries (first world countries vs ex soviet members kind of deal). I also know some people consider the West the English speaking world, whereas others use it to refer to English speaking countries as well as France, Iberia, Scandinavia, and sometimes they even throw the Mediterranean in there, too. It definitely isn't a Universal White person thing though.

Look, I think that I get you and others who share your opinion. I understand your perspective. Why give some of your last remaining water to a ? ? dying of thirst rather than a dog or cat. It would make sense to give it to the dog or cat.

But to put it simple: I value human life over the lives of dogs and cats. I don't hate dogs and cats, and I think that their lives should be respected as well, and I consider myself a misanthrope: I generally hate people (I hate the actions of people not people themselves), and I am well aware of how terrible they can be and usually are.

But it all comes down to my belief in the value of human life. For the same reason, I would be against the death penalty of a convicted ? . I also believe in forgiveness and mercy, regardless of how unpopular those principles have been throughout history.

As far as utility, in your proposed situation, I think that a man, regardless of his actions, could be as useful, if not more useful, than a dog or cat. And if it were a woman instead, well, you know.

I think you're actually right about the ? having more use, just given this current analogy. A human will always have more use than a dog or cat. But not all animals are the same at all. Would you say the same for a lion? Dolphin? Primate? A working animal? What if there is cultural significance to that animal, is every human life worth more than every animal? Hell, there are animals that have saved lives. My ? will probably never get to do anything that useful. Seems a bit rash to say outright that a human is automatically more useful when they have yet to demonstrate that value. Potential value isn't the same as realized value.

In order to understand your view better I gotta know: what is it that you think makes humans inherently valuable?
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Because they can't talk, so they can't tell the police.
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I think you're actually right about the ? having more use, just given this current analogy. A human will always have more use than a dog or cat. But not all animals are the same at all. Would you say the same for a lion? Dolphin? Primate? A working animal? What if there is cultural significance to that animal, is every human life worth more than every animal? Hell, there are animals that have saved lives. My ? will probably never get to do anything that useful. Seems a bit rash to say outright that a human is automatically more useful when they have yet to demonstrate that value. Potential value isn't the same as realized value.

In order to understand your view better I gotta know: what is it that you think makes humans inherently valuable?

Yeah, you make a good point and ask a valid question.

First, at least for me, I wouldn't necessarily associate usefulness with value. I'm sure that there are many animals that are more useful than many people (I know damn well I haven't saved any lives either), but I don't think that that means that those animals are more valuable than those people. I only said that I think that humans could be as useful if not more useful. But I do think that humans are automatically more valuable.

I guess I'm defining value as...? I don't know really. I do know that I'm not being entirely objective though. I'm sure that my bias towards religion and humanism has some to do with my value of human life over the lives of "other" animals. But I can add that I believe that humans are, at least potentially, more intelligent, sociable, empathetic, understandable, unique, etc.
  • janklow
    Options
    Bruh, I was just showing examples of white savagery, the photo of the bikers shot out, that was white savagery. Nothing more, nothing less. I know all about the case.
    yeah, but you were literally like lynching, lynching, lynching, questionable biker fight. weird inclusion is a weird inclusion.
    Every last one of those crackers should be locked up just like they do with black gangs with that all in ? they do. They been doing it recently too.
    pretty sure they DO actually attack OMGs with RICO
  • 1800skypager
    1800skypager Members Posts: 671 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    White people are animals that's why.
  • Z5IGHTER
    Z5IGHTER Members Posts: 1
    Options

Why do I always see racist disgusting remarks from blacks when they hurt ? each other the most and then blame it on everyone else. It's very clear who's the most violent disgusting animal on this planet!