The Official 2015/2016 NFL Season Thread

Options

Comments

• iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well with how this damn squad likes to go on a 4 to 5 year hiatus after winning a title hopefully we're on our way to another Super Bowl run.
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    matt2 wrote: »
    Let's be real tho, if any other qb had his team in back to back Super Bowls while making the cash he's been making, we wouldn't be knocking him for trying to break the bank now. It's just that he doesn't have the crazy stats that most people look for

I mean I love Cam but he's getting 20 and hasn't had near the success is a below average passer, so it's not like he's asking way over market value

Bruh honestly it wasn't a bad play call.

Out of approximately 120 1 yard line passes in the 2014 season, ZERO had been intercepted until that point.

Marshawn Lynch rushing on the 1 yard line was 1 for 5 in the regular season.

Honestly only reason why it get's so much flack is because the ball got picked off, from a football standpoint it was the correct playcall, given Seattle had 1 timeout and only 30 seconds left, a completion would of meant a game winning touchdown, an incompletion would of saved them a timeout and gave them two chances to run the ball which is what they would have done if the interception not have happened.

If Seattle get's stuffed twice on the goal line, NOBODY questions Pete Carrols coaching acumen or the playcall.

He scored early on them close to the goal line.
    Play action wins that game easily
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    IgboNegro wrote: »
    All I know the two super bowls that Wilson was in he didn't do ? .

Hell, he didn't do ? both NFCCG

The defense literally won both NFCCG that Superbowl and gave this white guy Wilson a chance to win the game and he still couldn't do it.

You mad cuz the seahawks own yall ? ??

How's YOUR team doing
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who the ? knows how the Green Byrds will act this year.

I'd say 11-5, but something tells me Suckchez is going to be running the ship for more weeks than we'd like, and well ? around and end up 10-6 again or even 9-7.

But if Bradford has Sensu beans on deck, will ? ...I don't see why 12-4 isn't a real goal.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Coach out here ? these hoes.
  • IgboNegro
    IgboNegro Members Posts: 818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All I know the two super bowls that Wilson was in he didn't do ? .

Hell, he didn't do ? both NFCCG

The defense literally won both NFCCG that Superbowl and gave this white guy Wilson a chance to win the game and he still couldn't do it.

You mad cuz the seahawks own yall ? ??

How's YOUR team doing

We got your TE and are looking very formidable
  • ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/stats/_/name/sea/year/2007

I just looked online and the last time the Seahawks had a receiver top 1,000 yards was in 2007?
  • IgboNegro
    Options

I just looked online and the last time the Seahawks had a receiver top 1,000 yards was in 2007?

Talk to me when yall win yall weak ass divison
  • ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options

Talk to me when yall win yall weak ass divison

Jus' saying, Golden Tate leaves Seattle and has the best season of his career but you want us all to believe Jimmy Graham is gonna still put up the same #'s he did in New Orleans in Seattle's offense, off 60+ catches? History is already proving that Seattle is a place where a receiver's career dies, I just thought I'd highlight these discrepancies for the deluded people reacting off pure emotion.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    ? claiming to be Seattle fans now lol

Gtfoh.
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13330927/nfl-nflpa-negotiating-potential-settlement-leveon-bell-pittsburgh-steelers
    Le'Veon Bell settlement talks could cut suspension one or two games

The NFL Players Association and the NFL are negotiating a settlement that could reduce the suspension of Pittsburgh Steelers running back Le'Veon Bell from three games to one or two, sources tell ESPN's Dan Graziano.

No formal hearing on the settlement has occurred, but at the time of Bell's appeal, his attorneys and the union argued that he was being punished under the league's new drug policy for an offense that occurred under the old policy. The arbitrator encouraged the sides to work toward a settlement, and it's believed an agreement could be reached and a reduction in his suspension announced in the next week or so.

Bell was suspended in April for his August 2014 arrest on DUI and marijuana possession charges.

On Saturday, Bell said he "most definitely" wants his three-game marijuana suspension reduced but said he had no idea how the league would handle his appeal, or if it was even up for evaluation.

"I want to make sure I do everything in my power to be a better teammate and player," Bell said on the first day of Steelers training camp. "Whatever the consequence is, I'll take it. ... You have to take the good with the bad."

Last season, Bell was second in the NFL in rushing yards (1,361) and receptions for a running back (83).

WccOM.gif
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13330927/nfl-nflpa-negotiating-potential-settlement-leveon-bell-pittsburgh-steelers
    Le'Veon Bell settlement talks could cut suspension one or two games

The NFL Players Association and the NFL are negotiating a settlement that could reduce the suspension of Pittsburgh Steelers running back Le'Veon Bell from three games to one or two, sources tell ESPN's Dan Graziano.

No formal hearing on the settlement has occurred, but at the time of Bell's appeal, his attorneys and the union argued that he was being punished under the league's new drug policy for an offense that occurred under the old policy. The arbitrator encouraged the sides to work toward a settlement, and it's believed an agreement could be reached and a reduction in his suspension announced in the next week or so.

Bell was suspended in April for his August 2014 arrest on DUI and marijuana possession charges.

On Saturday, Bell said he "most definitely" wants his three-game marijuana suspension reduced but said he had no idea how the league would handle his appeal, or if it was even up for evaluation.

"I want to make sure I do everything in my power to be a better teammate and player," Bell said on the first day of Steelers training camp. "Whatever the consequence is, I'll take it. ... You have to take the good with the bad."

Last season, Bell was second in the NFL in rushing yards (1,361) and receptions for a running back (83).

WccOM.gif

man i hope soo
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    smh at some of those fines
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The no fun league strikes again
  • IgboNegro
    Options
    ? claiming to be Seattle fans now lol

Gtfoh.

Been a fan since shaun alexander was running the show
  • stringer bell
    edited July 2015
    Options
    http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/13331590/tom-brady-4-game-suspension-upheld-roger-goodell
    Tom Brady's 4-game suspension in Deflategate upheld by Goodell

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has upheld the four-game suspension imposed on Patriots quarterback Tom Brady's role in deflating game footballs.

In Monday's announcement, Goodell emphasized important new information disclosed by Brady and his representatives in connection with the hearing into what has been known as Deflategate.

Brady appealed the penalty, levied in May, on June 23 to Goodell, who served as arbitrator in the case.

Attorney Jeffrey Kessler, who has had success taking on the NFL in other high-profile cases, led Brady's defense and said at one time that he had "a very compelling case" to change the initial outcome of Brady's punishment.
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dead at Brady breaking his phone so he won't get caught
  • CP203
    CP203 Members Posts: 10,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    oh yea its ? talking time, ? the bears,lions and vikings none of them have a chance to win the division
  • stringer bell
    Options
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13331825/leveon-bell-pittsburgh-steelers-suspension-cut-two-games
    Le'Veon Bell suspension cut from three games to two after settlement

Running back Le'Veon Bell's suspension has been reduced from three games to two as a result of a settlement between the NFL and NFL Players Association, sources told ESPN's Jarrett Bell.

Bell was suspended in April for his August 2014 arrest on DUI and marijuana possession charges..

At the time of Bell's appeal, his attorneys and the union argued that he was being punished under the league's new drug policy for an offense that occurred under the old policy. The arbitrator encouraged the sides to work toward a settlement.

On Saturday, Bell said he "most definitely" wanted his suspension reduced but said he had no idea how the league would handle his appeal, or if it was even up for evaluation.

carlton.gif

• DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Flacco bout to do work again, we the only squad that stands up to the cheatin Pats..............Steelers and Bills will be contenders this year tho, let the season begin

new WR and TE for Joe to work with............it might get ugly
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Brady bout to serve those four games