Options

Comments

• caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    caddo man wrote: »
    Brandon Jennings ain't starting over Elfrid Payton, so why even mention him as the key piece in that trade? They just wanted to dump Harris because he and Scott Skiles never been on the same page since their Milwaukee days.

they are still waiting for Payton to finally be consistent at the position or provide stability, and right now, he's not there. They arent giving up on him, just trying to lessen the burden on him so that he doesnt get too overwhelmed. having jennings helps that.

Also, Ryno has expressed he wants to test out FA. Why would orlando, the team that traded him to the pels in the first place, take him back, only for him to bail in the summer?

Playoff teams have expressed a rental fee. A draft pick will do. The Pels are losing him and EG.

i say giving up a draft pick is only the LAST resort

this is the first time they've had all of their picks in quite some time...dont just give them away.

No I am saying a draft pick for Ryno and EG. They are both FA at the end of the season. They are gone to the highest bidder. EG will not come back for anything less than the overreach we gave him. Ryno is highly sort after even though he has been shrinking to the moment. He is Love without the rebounding. Low grade stretch four.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If Dell Demps ? head ass trade our 1st rounder I'm going crazy and taking a 4 year break from the Pelicans.

• silverfoxx
    Options
    Pelicans Report is down. I'm assuming big with the Pelicans is happening

I'm hearing Monroe. Smh he was a cool dude in school but I would not want him paired with AD. Defense would suck.
  • ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's hard to care about this team any longer going forward with Dell Demps as this team's GM. Why all of a sudden is Jrue Holiday an 'untouchable' on a damn minutes restriction coming off the bench, who hasn't played a full season since he's been in New Orleans? Just because he gives the team limited production in spurts every other night? This muthafucka ain't even starting and we got Norris Cole sorry ass playing starting minutes.

On top of this sorry muthafucka already hiring another career assistant coach to be our head coach because of his ego trip for more power when there were clearly better options out there who probably didn't feel the need to just go with the program and bow to everyone of his roster moves. I don't see this team going anywhere with Dell Demps as the GM. This muthafucka already refuses to let go of players he trades for, Eric Gordon being the prime example.
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    Thank ? no Monroe. Would y'all be cool with Otto Porter?
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    I rather Otto over Oubre. Oubre will not be good in the NBA
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all still liking that Alvin Gentry move? lol

Told y'all that ? would be a disaster.
  • AP21
    Options
    how is he refusing to let Gordon go?

what if there is just no market for gordon? dude is gonna be a FA this summer and fractured a finger on his shooting hand?

you gotta stop that zydeco
  • AP21
    Options
    Crude_ wrote: »

then tell me, who in your opinion, with the injuries this roster has sustained this season, could've gotten more out of this team.

I'll wait

do you really think Billy Donovan is a better coach than Gentry? Donovan has has the luxury of his two superstars healthy this entire season with practically no serious injuries at any position

c',mon ya'll
  • ZydecoShawty
    edited February 2016
    Options

what if there is just no market for gordon? dude is gonna be a FA this summer and fractured a finger on his shooting hand?

He didn't have to match the Phoenix contract is what the hell I'm talking about with Eric Gordon being the prime example because that was the first high priced player he refused to let go right after we just drafted Anthony and Austin. We no longer needed Eric Gordon at that time in Anthony's rookie year. If we sucked we could've have picked up another 2 guard in the lottery the following year but instead Dell commits the majority of our cap space ($15 million a year for 4 years) to someone who was never gonna live up to that contract.
  • AP21
    Options

He didn't have to match the Phoenix contract is what the hell I'm talking about with Eric Gordon being the prime example because that was the first high priced player he refused to let go right after we just drafted Anthony and Austin. We no longer needed Eric Gordon at that time in Anthony's rookie year. If we sucked we could've have picked up another 2 guard in the lottery the following year but instead Dell commits the majority of our cap space ($15 million a year for 4 years) to someone who was never gonna live up to that contract.

aight...then say that when you post. i would clear up things a lot

im still not sure why he matched phoenix either, but Gordon had his best season as a pel last season, but he definitely didnt play to his contract
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    Bruh :( we ? up. Don't expect anything y'all. If there is, then it would be something bad for Dell to save his job. Either way he fired this season. Maybe sooner then later.
  • ZydecoShawty
    Options
    I'm guessing they still gonna try and go all out by making a fraudulent ass playoff push?
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm guessing they still gonna try and go all out by making a fraudulent ass playoff push?

jim-mora-playoffs-o.gif
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They should have just got a bunch of draft picks and maybe a functional wing.
  • ZydecoShawty
    Options
    Unless a miracle happens with the lottery ? , look we might be picking somewhere outside the top 5 thanks to ole Dell's beliefs. Eric Gordon is back to practicing too so you know that should tell you what the Dell intends to do.
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? is a joke man I tell ya. We don't have structure anywhere in this organization from the coaching, medical staff and players. Draft picks ha. We haven't developed anyone from the draft except AD. And I'm actually disappointed at him this season. I expected more leadership from him. If we keep this up, AD cashes in then leaves for a contender or this is Chris Paul 2.0. I see no hope right now.
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Crude_ wrote: »

then tell me, who in your opinion, with the injuries this roster has sustained this season, could've gotten more out of this team.

I'll wait

do you really think Billy Donovan is a better coach than Gentry? Donovan has has the luxury of his two superstars healthy this entire season with practically no serious injuries at any position

c',mon ya'll

First off the roster is garbage no disagreement there no argument there, but that's more of a reflection of having a ? front office notably the GM.

Demps throwing all that money at Asik. Smh

I never said anything about Billy Donovan being better than Gentry or even brought the name up; however, Gentry is just an average NBA coach maybe a little below.

I would have rather given Patrick Ewing a run he deserves one, maybe lure Kevin Ollie away from UCONN, maybe get Jim Boylin away from San Antonio.

All those guys would have been respectable choices let's not act like Gentry is some world class coach I seen enough of what he did in Phoenix to know I didn't want him here.
  • ZydecoShawty
    Options
    Tom Thibodeau, Jeff Van Gundy, and Scott Skiles were better options available but these are guys who more than likely wouldn't be a yes man to Dell Demps ego and would clash with his roster decisions and basketball philosophy, which is the primary reason Dell got Monty fired.
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    Welp guys, the best thing we could look forward to are:

- Demps being fired

- Grabbing GSW assistant gm which helps us grab Harrison Barnes in free agency

- lucking up in the draft. Getting. Kris Dunn, Buddy Heild, Greg Valentine, Melo Tremble, Dwayne Bacon, or possibly Ben Simmons

-Watching Bruce Dejaun Jones progress. Dude has some potential.

- Hoping we shut down some players.
  • IceManKam
    IceManKam Members Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can't believe we kept Cole man.
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    IceManKam wrote: »
    Can't believe we kept Cole man.

Lol Cole maybe out the league soon. He a good dude man, but dude is playing bad this year. Wish the best for him though.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've been watching the games and have not been posting because it's really pathetic.

• silverfoxx
    Options
    Highly advise y'all to check out Monty Williams speech man. Very powerful stuff. Much love and respect to that man.